ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2014 - 19:50

Haven't been gold grinding (assassin) so wont comment on that. Dint mind if others do, good on them.

Please don't start nerfing gems though. I know alot of people would be upset if you did after investing alot of time and coin into them.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#22 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:26

> Almadine gems give health when using your weapon in an AoE attack (like Maelstrom).

And that is relevant to the vast majority of players in this game how? Almadine gems drop pretty rarely. And you need to combine a lot of them to get any decent Health on Hit. How is the average player to afford them? High level players could farm the way you describe. Except they don't need to farm because they already have the levels. I have a level 29 char (mage) with a glimmering Almandine. It is not so hot, I don't use it because my weapon slots are better suited to other gems (spell attack, spell crit). Why? Because attack gems are much better for doing questing, and in dungeons attack gems are better for bosses (dps). As for the mobs in dungeons since there is a whole group taking them down damage received by an individual is minimized due to healers, plasma shields, etc.. And if the group gets swamped by mobs (e.g., Garai) or stomped by king scorpion (again, Garai) HoH gem will do squat good. (Someone who has run the higher dungeons can speak to those but I bet the same holds true.)

The vast majority of the player base, which is neither high level nor level grinders, would be penalized by the suggestions in the base note.

(My gut feeling anyway is that the type of person who just level grinds and ignores the quests is the same type of person who gets to max level and then whines that "there is no good end game content".)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: