36 replies to this topic

#21 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 21:43

The events are great, but not when your servers cannot handle it. Try hunting a titan when you constantly get the ¨You cannot move more than 1 square¨- message. Even clicking teleport goes wrong quite often.

It is making me waste a lot of stamina that I am sure is not going to be reimburshed. And I can confirm it is not my side of the connection that gives the trouble... 

*Very happy about the events*

BUT ALSO

*Very disappointed about the lag*

#22 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 21:57

*Very happy about the events*

BUT ALSO

*Very disappointed about the lag*

Yeah, that sums up my feelings perfectly too.

Was rubber-banding all over the place and the number of "you can only move 1 square at a time" messages were uncountable.

Something really needs to be done about the lag when we have events like this - it happens EVERY time :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#23 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 22:11

You have to feel really bad for those that donated so they could have an epic hunt.. but because of lag, they were unable to take full advantage. In one case, a player thought he activated ZB but due to lag, it didn't kick in... lvl750 vs lvl 863 (x3) is a big difference... I hope HCS takes care of him.

#24 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 22:53

Stats for cat titan:

Att - 87,783

def - 2,004

arm - 2,053

hp - 58,089

dmg - 196,176

Piercing strike 94

critical hit 88

breaker 46

first stike 100

hypno 100

soulless 100

#25 zzephyr

zzephyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:08

Yeah, that sums up my feelings perfectly too.

Was rubber-banding all over the place and the number of "you can only move 1 square at a time" messages were uncountable.

Something really needs to be done about the lag when we have events like this - it happens EVERY time :(

I've noticed that I get that error message a LOT more (possibly only) when the FS Helper is turned on. I check out the combat eval then disable Tampermonkey for the duration of the titan hunt.

Might work?

#26 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:19

So, where is this Krumpers?

I'm at Forest of Yule (Haunt), which is the right place.

Is this titan a once a day or once an hour?

edit

titan walking yule haunt

Thanks, cows

Edited by michael65, 21 December 2015 - 04:26.

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:05

New titan items added to the TKP page.

#28 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:36

Whoa a 35,000 foot evil snowman . . . We don't even have those here in Alaska. *wets pants*

Rasputin17.jpg 

#29 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 December 2015 - 16:22

I don't usually get bad lag here in the Northeastern US, but it was bad enough here so I almost stopped my hunt.

Yes lag can cost stam, buffs, and possible xp, but the worst thing is that it takes away the enjoyment of the Game.   The other stuff is replaceable.

This isn't to say that I didn't (and won't) enjoy the events.  Just not as much as they could have been without the lag.

The problem seems to be when the online number is around 500 or over.  Back in the good old days when there were over 1000 on at this time of year, we didn't seem to have this problem.  Perhaps there's a clue there  to fixing the current situation.

On another note:  I DO like that cat!  Anyone tried using Felicity's Cat Tickler on it?

#30 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 December 2015 - 17:02

Small bug: The two new Xmas quests do not have the "(Xmas)" designation at the end of them like the other ones for "The Forest of Yule" area do.

Having the quests tagged with the event name like that make it easier when looking at the seasonal quest book to see what you're lacking for each event, and also to search for them in the Guide.

#31 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 17:22

While I appreciate the event, I found the lag terrible. And that blasted You can only move 1 square thing drove me crazy. I had thought that was for titans only, but it was showing on almost every single map. Made doing the quests and walking back home a laugh riot. Not that I love walking 105 levels to begin with, but when it took close to a minute and a half per realm and three or four starts and stops it got real old.

#32 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 20:02

I've stopped using the point-and-click method to move within a realm because of the errors it has. I mouse-over where I want to go only to find the shortest path to my destination. Using the arrow keys also allows me to find any SEs or Chests while moving. Otherwise I just use Teleport when I can.

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:57

Stats for cat titan:

Att - 87,783

def - 2,004

arm - 2,053

hp - 58,089

dmg - 196,176

Piercing strike 94

critical hit 88

breaker 46

first stike 100

hypno 100

soulless 100

Stats for snowman:
Att - 79,206
def - 1,540
arm - 1,561
hp - 42,557
dmg - 130,760

Piercing strike 34
critical hit 38
first stike 100
hypno 40
something else - I took a screen shot and missed it since I didn't scroll down

#34 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:32

I've stopped using the point-and-click method to move within a realm because of the errors it has. I mouse-over where I want to go only to find the shortest path to my destination. Using the arrow keys also allows me to find any SEs or Chests while moving. Otherwise I just use Teleport when I can.

Something is wrong with point and click ..it looked like my character was having a seizure during my entire hunt yesterday .. kept getting an error saying something like, u cant move more than 1 space at a time, .something like that ..  unsure if it was LAG related or not. But is was annoying O_o

Edited by bloody18, 22 December 2015 - 07:32.

#35 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 16:15

Santork has not arrived yet. Still time to let the Flamedeer stand out as potential new sets this year...

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 21:48

Santork has not arrived yet. Still time to let the Flamedeer stand out as potential new sets this year...

Jeez, yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten about Santork n Flamedeer. I thought the dragons would be the end of the years events.

Glad I've still got some stamina. Just HOPE that, if they come out ...

The new sets don't have the convoluted recipes that require original drops to make updated drops to make upgraded drops to make .. yada yada yada.

Last year was VERY tedious and I hope n pray that there's not another leg of inventing this year ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#37 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:17

I have a question on snow fox champion does it stop spawning when a titan comes out? I was getting what I need for a quest until nutcracker titan came out. I noticed nothing showing up in forest yule wilds for completing quest items. I was just wondering if this is a glitch or normal process thanks. 

In preferences there is place when checked keeps other creatures from showing when titan show my bad. I hope this helps somebody else.  :lol:

Edited by bigchaos, 23 December 2015 - 03:49.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: