#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:52

Allow multiple dailies option for players to complete. Currently, the players are forced to do something that they have no option to choose ..If HCS extend the list to somewhere around 4-5 dailies to pick and complete one , this would be much better

Can't see this occurring I'm afraid. The Daily Quests are not mandatory. They are for a bit of fun. 

Revise the reward!

We've been looking at this too.

More quest to suggest.

We've also looked at additional quest goals. This has been discussed on the feedback thread. Some of what you're suggesting are in line with what we're thinking, others not so much.

If it costs you 100 stamina to complete, and you gain 50 stamina once you have done it, then technically there is no reward. wink.png

Not entirely true. You get another tick to the medal. This might not seem like much until you remember that medals impact the Pride buff.

Sure we can skip them if we do not like them. But that was not the point! The dailies were not meant as a stam sink! They were meant to encourage players to keep logging on!

Yes you can skip them.

#22 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 13:29

I would love to see all quests that give current stam changed to reserve stam.

This would allow overflowing players or anyone who has a small stam bank to convert even at a loss current stam to reserved stam that can be used at a later date

Edited by hades8840, 09 September 2016 - 13:30.

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2016 - 13:38

I would love to see all quests that give current stam changed to reserve stam.

This would allow overflowing players or anyone who has a small stam bank to convert even at a loss current stam to reserved stam that can be used at a later date

Can't see that happening I'm afraid. It'd result in far too much Reserve Stam being built up.

#24 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 14:06

Can't see that happening I'm afraid. It'd result in far too much Reserve Stam being built up.

maybe but the stam used going by the rewards at moment would be half of the stam used and that reserve stam would soon be used up on xp events etc .. or just cap the amount reserve stam held at any given time to say 5k worth has to be used or lost then ..just a idea

#25 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 15:49

Not entirely true. You get another tick to the medal. This might not seem like much until you remember that medals impact the Pride buff.

Yes you can skip them.

Sorry, I have never used the pride buff, nor see I any use for it, my potions are lasting long enough already.

Most new players/small stam bank players do not have use for the pride buff, as the potions they use last long enough to burn their amount of stamina.

Instead of quoting a small line from me and take it out of context, I'd much rather have the question answered.

What is HCS intend with the dailies?

Is it meant to be a stam sink, or play encouragement? If it is the first, then I think you made an awful bad decision, you can use the stam sink concept for the competitive dailies that were to be implemented later on.

Edited by Morgwyn, 09 September 2016 - 15:50.

#26 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 17:29

Instead of quoting a small line from me and take it out of context, I'd much rather have the question answered.

What is HCS intend with the dailies?

Is it meant to be a stam sink, or play encouragement? If it is the first, then I think you made an awful bad decision, you can use the stam sink concept for the competitive dailies that were to be implemented later on.

Sorry I keep sticking my nose into your convo with BG but you have such juicy topics :)

Could it be that HCS did dailies for all of the above + some more?

To me, dailies have accomplished the following:

- Showed HCS is committed and is listening to the restless for investing development time into FS.

- It's meant to do a lot... 

1. Encourage players to try other aspects (PVP, Titan Hunting, SE Hunting, Arena, etc)

2. Most require stam, some do not (Arena).

3. Sometimes you gain more stam than invested, sometimes you don't

- HCS is tweaking... I think they did the right approach... start small and go up. As we all know, they did the opposite with GE's... remember the first frag stashes! Also the GE pots? They could have contained lvl 250 stuff and people would have been all over it but I think the first few contained lvl 400+.

I know you are fighting for the little guys so throw some suggestions out there. HCS is listening and tweaking. They may reject your idea but keep throwing them out there.. some will stick, most won't. You win some, you lose most :-p

If your main idea gets rejected, throw alternative ideas. It's a great start and we can make this better.

#27 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 18:28

Sorry I keep sticking my nose into your convo with BG but you have such juicy topics :)

Could it be that HCS did dailies for all of the above + some more?

To me, dailies have accomplished the following:

- Showed HCS is committed and is listening to the restless for investing development time into FS.

- It's meant to do a lot... 

1. Encourage players to try other aspects (PVP, Titan Hunting, SE Hunting, Arena, etc)

2. Most require stam, some do not (Arena).

3. Sometimes you gain more stam than invested, sometimes you don't

- HCS is tweaking... I think they did the right approach... start small and go up. As we all know, they did the opposite with GE's... remember the first frag stashes! Also the GE pots? They could have contained lvl 250 stuff and people would have been all over it but I think the first few contained lvl 400+.

I know you are fighting for the little guys so throw some suggestions out there. HCS is listening and tweaking. They may reject your idea but keep throwing them out there.. some will stick, most won't. You win some, you lose most :-p

If your main idea gets rejected, throw alternative ideas. It's a great start and we can make this better.

Lol, I take that as a compliment... I think :P

I am happy to throw suggestions, but I can only make useful suggestions if I know HCS's intend. Hence my question to BG to tell the community what their idea behind the dailies is.

In all the discussion prior to the implementation there were two type of dailies, the competitive one, and the one now implemented that should encourage game play in the broad sense of the word.

I have no problems with tweaking, I think that is the right aproach, but when talking here, a lot of (mainly higher level players) are promoting these dailies to be stam sinks, and as said in all the prior discussions that never came up, only the intend to encourage game play, bind new players more to the game and hand out small rewards as a stimulus.

That effect is not reached if there are technically no rewards, and really the 1 extra medal to be obtained for a pride buff is not something new players need, heck, I even have no use for it and I have a reasonable amount of stamina.

To end my rant. I'd be happy to be constructive, and I feel I have been constructive before and after implementation, but then I also need to know what is expected and what course HCS wants to follow with these dailies. If it is meant to become a stam sink to slow down (new) players, then I am done talking here. :(

#28 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 18:36

Hoof just posted in the other thread that more variety is due out very soon. :)

#29 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 23:08

Also, move x tiles is the best daily for new players. They hunt everyday so naturally move. Why would you want to take this away?

I really can't see that spending 1/3 of your stamina just walking is the best daily for new players. What does that achieve for them except to get bored, and a tick on a medal?

And the suggestion that says you can achieve this while hunting makes no sense to me. Even with 40k stam hunts, I found I didn't walk the 175 tiles needed for LF175 to save the 15 stam it cost to cast it. That still leaves you well short of the stam needed for the DQs.

Edited by rowbeth, 09 September 2016 - 23:22.

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 23:57

I really can't see that spending 1/3 of your stamina just walking is the best daily for new players. What does that achieve for them except to get bored, and a tick on a medal?

And the suggestion that says you can achieve this while hunting makes no sense to me. Even with 40k stam hunts, I found I didn't walk the 175 tiles needed for LF175 to save the 15 stam it cost to cast it. That still leaves you well short of the stam needed for the DQs.

Hmm. Good point. Newer players typically have less than 1k stam so it eould be difficult to achieve. I stand corrected :)

#31 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:59

There is a kill x normal critters.

Also, move x tiles is the best daily for new players. They hunt everyday so naturally move. Why would you want to take this away?

Didn't saw that yet, sorry.

Because moving doesn't give anything, don't teach anything...If new players can use those during their hunts, change it for 'kill x normal critters', that would be usefull for everyone, just walking is very bad.

#32 teeboyzz

teeboyzz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:14

@BigGrim

Of course they are fun, but what if they are cannot be completed due to level restriction or the sucked reward that caused people to abandon the dailies, whats the point launching the dailies? Share the fun with the communities ...It looks to me that you are serving the maxed or very high level player ..Tell me if this is real ..

@yghorbeviahn and yotwehc

Thats right! those dailies are so awful for low levelers, specially those rushing to level up . Like i said it seems this dailies only serve the high level players

Today my daily is........is...............to kill 225 mounted creatures for 5 max stamina, guess what, the lowest mounted creatures that available for the quest is level 335, now i am only level 177? Where is the fun when you can't even touch the quests

Edited by BigGrim, 13 September 2016 - 14:37.
No flame baiting please.

#33 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:01

Today my daily is........is...............to kill 225 mounted creatures for 5 max stamina, guess what, the lowest mounted creatures that available for the quest is level 335, now i am only level 177? Where is the fun when you can't even touch the quests

Here's a pretty radical solution to your "problem" - level up ?

You've been a player since 2008 ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#34 teeboyzz

teeboyzz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:43

^

I have my own real life issue to cope with thats why i quitted for many years ..Recently i have returned and active everyday 

So you're telling me that it's my fault for not being that high level? Who is serving who? am i begging HCS to let me play this game or they are doing business to earn money ? 

Edited by BigGrim, 13 September 2016 - 14:37.
No flame baiting please.

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:53

^

I have my own real life issue to cope with thats why i quitted for many years ..Recently i have returned and active everyday 

So you're telling me that it's my fault for not being that high level? Who is serving who? am i begging HCS to let me play this game or they are doing business to earn money ? 

Maybe you should actually read what I wrote ? - 8 yrs in game, even if you quit for 7, and that low level is, I would have to say, down to choice.

Do I feel some sympathy for those new players who can't do specific daily quests because they are unable to, down to creatures not being available, of course I do - and it's something for Hoof to look into.

That said, I refer you back to my 1st comment - Level 200 is easily achievable within a month or two now, especially in  decent guild, which you are. So, levelling up is a pretty easy thing to accomplish.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#36 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:02

The  new daily quests are fine as they are imo .... I am doing them everyday for the medal, which most players strive to improve... Im happy to see something new to do on a daily basis! Yesterday I had to kill a few beast creatures for my daily and I found a treasure chest in doing so ... 1st one I have found in  over  a year! thanks HCS

#37 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:02

^

I think his point was that most of us from the olden days are well above level 355. I myself have had many real life issues, from being homeless from 2008-2010, to losing my husband to a long battle with cancer just this year. Yet I've still been able to break te 900 mark and am well on my way to 1k.

These quests are by no means mandatory, nor are they supposed to make any major changes to game play. They're for a little added fun. I tried to explain this to you in GC the other night, when you were complaining about those of us that feel you should just try to have fun. You're not supposed to profit or anything from a DQ. There are main storyline quests for this.

I've played this game a long time. I've seen many come and go in disgust because of no changes being made, and just as many come and go because of too many changes made. The cow gods can't please each and every one of us, they can only do their best to please the majority, and even that can't be 100%. There's always going to be somebody that will upset the apple cart for one reason or another. I just hope you're not that guy.

I really love FS. It's my favorite game, and I have logged in every day that I have been able to. I'll be here till they pull the server down.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#38 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:24

While I can see your perspective, Penny, and your generous explaination of pardoux's response, I don't think either are actually relevant to teeboyzz final observation. It really is essential that the game mechanics offer a quest that a player CAN do if s/he chooses. Whatever the pros and cons of being low level, the game simply should not offer a DQ that the game rules make it impossible for the player to do. If there are no creatures of that class within level range, then the code should be smart enough to offer a different creature class.

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:43

While I can see your perspective, Penny, and your generous explaination of pardoux's response, I don't think either are actually relevant to teeboyzz final observation. It really is essential that the game mechanics offer a quest that a player CAN do if s/he chooses. Whatever the pros and cons of being low level, the game simply should not offer a DQ that the game rules make it impossible for the player to do. If there are no creatures of that class within level range, then the code should be smart enough to offer a different creature class.

You're probably right in one sense. There was a player in GC tonight talking about having to kill a titan. He was level 25 that day, lowest level titan is Krumpers, ofc, who is only here at Christmas. Obviously, many quests will have to change or be eliminated in order for things to be fair for *new players* that are going to be obviously a lower level. Those of us that have been around for years, though, we've had an opportunity to make some progress through the game. I'm sure there will be some quests you or I cannot accomplish due to God knows whatever reason. Me, I won't care, because whether or not I miss out on some small amount of free stuff is of no consequence to me, nor will it cause a major change in my game play.

I guess it's OK for others to expect more from DQ than we currently get. If you read Hoof's last post, better rewards and quest tweaking are in the works. These first quests were more or less a test run, not only to see what kind of reception they would get, but to get the bugs out....

But for any of us to expect for these quests to be major game changing things is unrealistic, IMHO. As I stated before, ordinary quests in the storyline were made for that, these are just for fun.

I know this will make Egami laugh again, but this is coloring, between math and spelling in class. Nothing more, nothing less....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#40 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:52

These quests are by no means mandatory, nor are they supposed to make any major changes to game play. They're for a little added fun. I tried to explain this to you in GC the other night, when you were complaining about those of us that feel you should just try to have fun. You're not supposed to profit or anything from a DQ. There are main storyline quests for this.

As by Hoofs own comment in the other thread, the DQ's are not meant as stam sinks, they are meant to give us players something EXTRA to do each day.

It is not "extra" if we cannot do our usual daily stuff we do here, which is different for everybody.

So yes, they are not mandatory, but if the point is to give us something extra to do, then the reward given should enable it to be extra, thus one should at least break even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: