Photo

Development Roadmap (Updated 8th September 2014)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#21 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:00

Awesome to hear!

#22 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:22

also changing the coding in the game would be prudent as some of the fshelper developers have went as far as to tell me that they have a good understanding of the coding and that is a cause for concern as one of them was auto-loading AH using the auto-refresh..and only was stopped after I submitted a ticket..also auto-refresh can be used to sell buffs and you don't even have to be playing the game..and that is unfair for those who do not have that option..and if you can implement all of the functions that fshelper gives..then there would be no need for allowing any scripts whatsoever...so it would be easily detectable if someone is using a script and in fact is cheating...and get rid of all automated scripts like auto-refresh as that is just another script that can be altered to be able to cheat

I heard we also have players in the game who are being contracted to remotely do coding work.  If that's true, with that access wouldn't that be a conflict of interest ?  I know one of the ones I heard about seems to apparently sells buffs 24/7.  May just be a false rumor, thus I'm putting it out there as best way to kill a rumor is expose it or it's validated and then can be at least discussed openly.

Thanks, Kath

#23 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:37

I heard we also have players in the game who are being contracted to remotely do coding work.  If that's true, with that access wouldn't that be a conflict of interest ?  I know one of the ones I heard about seems to apparently sells buffs 24/7.  May just be a false rumor, thus I'm putting it out there as best way to kill a rumor is expose it or it's validated and then can be at least discussed openly.

Thanks, Kath

No-one outside of Hunted Cow has access to the Fallen Sword code :)

#24 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:37

also auto-refresh can be used to sell buffs and you don't even have to be playing the game..and that is unfair for those who do not have that option.. ...and get rid of all automated scripts like auto-refresh as that is just another script that can be altered to be able to cheat

Auto-refresh is a browser extension, not a script in the way that FSHelper is. The only thing auto-refresh does is reload a page, and it can be used on any browser tab, not just Fallen Sword. I can't think of a way someone could alter the auto-refresh extension to "cheat". FSH though, that's a whole 'nother story.

We were hoping to put the arena improvements live today (the code update is ready for it), however unfortunately BigGrim wasn't in work today and he's been working on the structure for the new token-based arena rewards. Hopefully BigGrim will be back in tomorrow and we can get the update live :)

Aww blaming poor Grim.  :P Hope he's got his flame-and-pitchfork-proof jacket. :lol:  

#25 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:42

Hoofmaster,

I would like to share a message with you that I received from a leader of one of the top guilds.

" says: I know that composing takes a lot of TIME, gold and FRAGEMENTS, I have known many power composers who started \"hardcore\" but eventually gave up !! in case you do not know HCS will release NEW composing skills next year at the earliest or maybe much later (I remember reading a post on forum by biggrim, he said that new skills are not on the roadmap so no priority at all) [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]"

Is this true? ... Do you guys have no intention to introduce new buffs in composing until next year or even later ?

On Apr 17 in a forum we were promised they would be reviewed in 2 weeks by Big Grim.

Please be honest with us and no false promises that way we can base our game play with full knowledge of what you guys intend to do.

I have put everything i have into composing, with a huge expense of gold, stamina, and have forgone power levelling and winning competitions my guild ran for levelling which have cost me more gold. I gave all that up to compose quickly. Had I known that composing virtully stops at level 20 I would not have put everything into it.

You promised us 50 levels and I cant understand why all 50 levels were not mapped initially.

I am very frustrated and disappointed with the current composing situation.

So can you please give us the true picture.

#26 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:45

Hoofmaster,

I would like to share a message with you that I received from a leader of one of the top guilds.

" says: I know that composing takes a lot of TIME, gold and FRAGEMENTS, I have known many power composers who started \"hardcore\" but eventually gave up !! in case you do not know HCS will release NEW composing skills next year at the earliest or maybe much later (I remember reading a post on forum by biggrim, he said that new skills are not on the roadmap so no priority at all) [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]"

Is this true? ... Do you guys have no intention to introduce new buffs in composing until next year or even later ?

On Apr 17 in a forum we were promised they would be reviewed in 2 weeks by Big Grim.

Please be honest with us and no false promises that way we can base our game play with full knowledge of what you guys intend to do.

I have put everything i have into composing, with a huge expense of gold, stamina, and have forgone power levelling and winning competitions my guild ran for levelling which have cost me more gold. I gave all that up to compose quickly. Had I known that composing virtully stops at level 20 I would not have put everything into it.

You promised us 50 levels and I cant understand why all 50 levels were not mapped initially.

I am very frustrated and disappointed with the current composing situation.

So can you please give us the true picture.

We will be adding more buffs to composing within the next few months :)

#27 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:57

We will be adding more buffs to composing within the next few months :)

Why cant new composing buffs be given a higher priority? 

We had previously been promised 2 weeks back in April.

It was assumed that when Composing was introduced that the buffs were all in place and would be unlocked as we gained a new level but we now see that was not the case.

When u do eventually review Composing will you be putting into place all the buffs up to level 50? 

#28 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:00

as far as fs coding..isn't it true that the fshelper developers had access or an understanding of these codes..or was I falsely led into believing that, as one of the fshelper developers told me? 

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:02

Why cant new composing buffs be given a higher priority? 

We had previously been promised 2 weeks back in April.

It was assumed that when Composing was introduced that the buffs were all in place and would be unlocked as we gained a new level but we now see that was not the case.

When u do eventually review Composing will you be putting into place all the buffs up to level 50? 

I can't give an exact date for releasing them, but we'll do our best to get it updated as soon as possible :)

And yeah, we'll be adding a LOT more buffs to composing in general :D

#30 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:11

No-one outside of Hunted Cow has access to the Fallen Sword code :)

Hoof -- thank you for addressing this rumor. - Kath

#31 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:15

looking forward to the new arena..but my questions,comments and concerns seem to be thrown to the wayside and either not answered or ignored..so I guess I will just see what happens next then..and I guess that your answer about nobody having access to fs coding conflicts what I was told by a fshelper developer...so I would assume that he was just fabricating the truth then.either way I hope the new coding works !

#32 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:07

I have just one simple question that I hope can get answered..if the fshelper developers had no access or knowledge of the coding..then how were they able to fix the compatibility issues that often arises when the servers are updated with new coding or conflicted pathways ? I seem to be at a loss to figure that one out....just curious : )

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:29

I have just one simple question that I hope can get answered..if the fshelper developers had no access or knowledge of the coding..then how were they able to fix the compatibility issues that often arises when the servers are updated with new coding or conflicted pathways ? I seem to be at a loss to figure that one out....just curious : )

Fallen Sword Helper can only make changes to the client side code (ie. the code that is generated by the server to display the page in the browser). Anyone can see this code (the same as you can see the source for any webpage on the internet) and hence it's possible for FSH to be updated to work with changes made to the game.

The code that controls the game / generates the pages is on the server-side and is only accessible by ourselves :)

Hope that makes it clearer :)

#34 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 00:41

yes..that clarified things well for me..thanks : )...is there a chance that the game can provide all the fshelper additives..if so..then you could eliminate all scripts..therefore eliminating any possibilities of scripts being designed to cheat..that would be the best thing..also eliminating the use of auto refresh as it is still being used and can be used to sell buffs 24/7 for those who use it..I know it make take some time..but it would better the game for all...after all...automation was always against the rules and I can see why..that is why I am confused that auto-refresh is even an option here

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:09

..also eliminating the use of auto refresh as it is still being used and can be used to sell buffs 24/7 for those who use it..

The global chat and I would assume the new guild chat interface keeps you active while viewing it.. The buff market works off that activity.

Personally I'm glad to have this in game 'auto reload' option. Without it other players who use an auto reload add on/extension would have a way to be on the buff market all day. I personally don't see how HCS can stop an add on from being used.

The global chat is also a great way to stay on a server you enjoy more.

#36 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:53

We were hoping to put the arena improvements live today (the code update is ready for it), however unfortunately BigGrim wasn't in work today and he's been working on the structure for the new token-based arena rewards. Hopefully BigGrim will be back in tomorrow and we can get the update live :)

hooray..at least some communication..thanks for letting us know..all arena players waiting patiently..hope this update does some good..must do something to make prizes valuable again

#37 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:27

Didn't say it earlier and realized I was remiss.  

Thanks Zorg for giving us an update on the Roadmap and welcome back, so to speak , since you've been devoting your time primarily to other projects for a while.  Even when dates are pushed back, we do so appreciate being kept in the loop.  We all understand sometimes things take longer than anticipated for any number of reasons.

#38 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:35

Yodamus said :Personally I'm glad to have this in game 'auto reload' option. Without it other players who use an auto reload add on/extension would have a way to be on the buff market all day. I personally don't see how HCS can stop an add on from being used. 

It is very easy..eliminate all scripts..the add ons will be worthless if there is no script to run off of...thus eliminating any chance of cheater scripts to be used or they would be easily detectable..like titan hunting scripts that allow super speed or teleporting with the titans..thus making it a level playing field for all to enjoy...cheat free !!

#39 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 14:40

Yodamus said :Personally I'm glad to have this in game 'auto reload' option. Without it other players who use an auto reload add on/extension would have a way to be on the buff market all day. I personally don't see how HCS can stop an add on from being used. 

It is very easy..eliminate all scripts..the add ons will be worthless if there is no script to run off of...thus eliminating any chance of cheater scripts to be used or they would be easily detectable..like titan hunting scripts that allow super speed or teleporting with the titans..thus making it a level playing field for all to enjoy...cheat free !!

HCS can't eliminate the use of the auto-reload browser extension, as it does not do anything with their site's code. Auto-reload is no different than someone sitting there hitting the F5 key on their keyboard. It simply refreshes a browser tab; nothing more. Someone could train their kid to do the same thing reload extension does: count to 20 and press F5.

#40 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 15:45

Hi all,

Quick update. Unfortunately BigGrim wasn't in today either. I think he'll be back tomorrow so hopefully we'll get the PvP Ladder bounty and Arena Improvement update out then - if not it should be early next week :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: