27 replies to this topic

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 23:44

Yesterday I had a DQ to break down 300 items to get 1 AH slot.  Most of the time I wouldn't bother with such a DQ bc I'm lazy.  BUT, I was at max stam (42k+) and was planning a hunt.  So I potted up which included FI 1150 and LL 230.  After my hunt I looked at the counter and it showed 24/300, which I find very odd because I had just burned 42k+ stam.  

Before you ask, no I do not have auto discard on, and yes I have auto frag on.

fc91d4843238543d4dce0aac27ad4a5a.jpg

I have opened a ticket for this already, but was told that the DQ does not count auto fragging; only manual fragging.  My problem with that statement is of course, why is it showing 24/300 when it doesn't count auto fragging.  I did not manually break down any items from this past hunt.

With all that being said, has anyone else ran into this issue before?

only read the OP so do not know it that has already been answered (kinda in a hurry but hope it might help)

I have the same "auto frag settings" as you & everytime I get a "breakdown - DQ" it automatically counts towards the progress (without me having to manually break them down) !!!

it always worked 100% for me, I just leave at least 1+ free space (if your BP is full then auto frag will NOT work) !!!

the only "issue" is that the "break-down-TIMER" does NOT update "live", you have to refresh the page to update your progress

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:51

It seems that the number of items to be broken down for daily quests is out of whack with the requirements for other things such as tiles traveled and items invented. For example, one (common) daily quest made me break down 200 items while another (common) daily quest only made me invent 40 items. In my opinion "items broken down" should be roughly on par with "items invented" to fulfill a daily quest requirement. Inventing Vespine Viper Amulets and breaking them down takes roughly the same amount of stamina.

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:26

How is it misinformation? As I've said, it's never worked for me. Has it worked for you? If so, that information would be more useful than claiming "misinformation".~ Grim

You are mistaken sir, autofragging does indeed count. I never manually break down anything except for the occasional quest reward that doesn't look real cool, or random things guildies occasionally send. And I usually break down quite a lot for DQ's before I throw in the towel and return to RL, because those particular quests take more time than I'm inclined to spend for a few max stam or another ally slot.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:23

It seems that the number of items to be broken down for daily quests is out of whack with the requirements for other things such as tiles traveled and items invented. For example, one (common) daily quest made me break down 200 items while another (common) daily quest only made me invent 40 items. In my opinion "items broken down" should be roughly on par with "items invented" to fulfill a daily quest requirement. Inventing Vespine Viper Amulets and breaking them down takes roughly the same amount of stamina.

You are looking at Daily Quests from a logical pov. You won't find it. There is poor reasoning to the way the rewards are allocated. You are left with only a question for yourself, should I do it or not. Oftentimes the resource cost(ie stam used) is greater than the reward. The Common, Rare, Legendary, etc labels also don't make much sense. It's best to simply disregard those labels and ask again, should I do it or not.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#25 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:34

i did the break down quests till i got bronze medal  then stopped as they are just not worth the effort as usually the numbers needed are far too high..(but thats just my preference) others may think they are worth it.

#26 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 20:43

After chatting with Jug, I did a little investigation and solved the mystery.

From level 1951 to 2000, the range when he was hunting, there are only 4 commons, 4 rare, and 4 unique items that he can breakdown.  So it made a lot of sense that he got low auto-fragment count.

#27 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:16

After chatting with Jug, I did a little investigation and solved the mystery.
From level 1951 to 2000, the range when he was hunting, there are only 4 commons, 4 rare, and 4 unique items that he can breakdown. So it made a lot of sense that he got low auto-fragment count.

correct me but didn't someone say this already

Creatures from lvl 1601 - 1875 do not drop commons items. This was due to them being seen as worthless. After Composing was introduced, we added a single common at the beginning of each 25 level block of content.

From 1876 onwards, you'll see one common drop from the first creature of the content, with one of the Champions and the Elite of the content dropping their set.

~ Grim

Oh and having items auto fragged does count. I too know this has been said. Just thought I would confirm :P

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:38

Hey there.

This matter has been looked into and resolved. We'll close the thread to prevent further off topic posts and baiting.

~ Grim

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: