Photo

Deflect on the ladder

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Should deflect work on the ladder? (102 member(s) have cast votes)

Should deflect work on the ladder?

1. Voted NO (41 votes [40.20%])

Percentage of vote: 40.20%

2. Voted YES (55 votes [53.92%])

Percentage of vote: 53.92%

3. Voted I don't know (6 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 18:08

I hate deflect more than anything in this game so I'm down to have it removed from ladder and everywhere else.

#22 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 18:56

I hate deflect more than anything in this game so I'm down to have it removed from ladder and everywhere else.

+1

#23 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 19:02

I'm OK either way, deflect has always been here and I have learned to live with it. It has its uses such as giving me that extra minute to get my buffs I purchased or saving me hits while I sleep. It is also a pain in my @.. as well, seems to kick in at all the wrong times and has lost me ladder victories on many occasions. I don't think the extreme anger garnered by it is needed though especially with, SB working correctly after so long of it not, SL now present as well as anti-deflect. As I said whether it stays or goes, I don't mind.

#24 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 20:22

+1

+1 I agree =)

#25 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:45

Keep unlimited hits, people "opt-in" and should not have a restricted chance of winning.

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#26 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:04

18:43 11/Apr/2012
[ Ignore ] Your attack on xxx was deflected. [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]
18:42 11/Apr/2012

Deflect shouldn't work on the ladder. It's seriously just becoming a game of luck which is stupid.
People will wait till last second and deflect up after they hit everyone therefore blocking all hits towards them. Anyone else find a flaw in this? If its gonna be REAL PvP, there should be no deflect. Are we pillow fighting for God's sake?

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#27 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:06

18:43 11/Apr/2012

Deflect shouldn't work on the ladder. It's seriously just becoming a game of luck which is stupid.
People will wait till last second and deflect up after they hit everyone therefore blocking all hits towards them. Anyone else find a flaw in this? If its gonna be REAL PvP, there should be no deflect. Are we pillow fighting for God's sake?

I'd be fine with no deflect, if there was also no limit on hits. ( new ladder could possibly be limited to only 5 x 100 stam hits on each target)

#28 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:12

Deflect severely ruins your chances of a fair fight, just stops it letting them keep the PvP Rating for free. It's not like I lost, they just avoided it.. For an hour.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:05

We can look at making it not work on the PvP Ladder, what about Guild Conflicts as well?

#30 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:15

We can look at making it not work on the PvP Ladder, what about Guild Conflicts as well?

If you consider removing deflect from the ladder, then I also hope you are no longer considering a limit for ladder hits. The only way to gain smasher medal % is ladder or bounties. Bounty hits are unlimited, ladder hits should be the same.

Also deflect does play a role on the bounty board, so would there be a way to differentiate from the board and ladder hits?

IE: a ladder hit cannot be effected by the deflect buff?

#31 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 00:55

Asking to remove deflect makes about as much sense as asking to remove force shield its just a buff to help protect yourself while offline like any other and it lasts as loing as it does because it was designed this way. Theres already a lot of stupid ideas like limiting hits per target every reset and stuff this really isnt a issue but is3 being made one here. Put up a game poll and bury this suggestion fast!

On the other hand deflect is annoying, I hate it but its been there in every part of the game for so long we are all used to it, they gave us anti deflect and it helps but the posters are right there have been a lot of times I didnt get 1st back because of deflect and reset hit and it happens you just deal with it. IF you remove it from pvp then take it all the way out of everything,,, the arguements for pvp ladder are the same for bountys and gvgs too. I think its a very little annoyance and doesnt deserve to be removed

#32 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 16:09

On the other hand deflect is annoying, I hate it but its been there in every part of the game for so long we are all used to it, they gave us anti deflect and it helps but the posters are right there have been a lot of times I didnt get 1st back because of deflect and reset hit and it happens you just deal with it. IF you remove it from pvp then take it all the way out of everything,,, the arguements for pvp ladder are the same for bountys and gvgs too. I think its a very little annoyance and doesnt deserve to be removed

I never seen a difference when attacking with or without AD. With AD, I still get deflected 45% of the time.

#33 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 16:25

I dont like deflect... anywhere, but about deflect in GvG, I dont do GvG so I prefer to let GvGers giving their opinions on that one

#34 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:11

if your gonna wait til your target is online and buffed then i agree with removing this, but as you know most wait til your unbuffed and long gone to PVP.

#35 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 16:51

Wow I must have hit the mark there :D and I stand by it! Too many people are complaining about the ladder who dont even play it. I have NEVER opted out and you can take deflect out if you like it will just give others a better chance to win but make it because the real ladder players want it and not the armchair quarterbacks.
I think deflect should stay because its always been there, we have a buff to fix it called anti deflect and mostly because people already cry that the ladder is all about who is online more so letting me hit every hour without any chance to miss one will just make more sore losers.
And anyone who thinks I dont have pvp skill try opting in ,,arent you in my band again?? Oh yea right the schooling you got last time :twisted:

#36 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 17:02

Deflect is completely different a missed strike.
Deflect is completely different with force shield.
Therefore your whole opinion is invalid.

On a more serious note,
I have no objection with exp loss.
I have no objection with Force Shield, First Strike, Evade, whatever.
I however, object with a skill which serves no purpose other than wasting my precious time, just because the RNG feels like it. That what Deflect does. It makes ladder exclusive for players with too much spare time on their hands only.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#37 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 17:22

And anyone who thinks I dont have pvp skill try opting in ,,arent you in my band again?? Oh yea right the schooling you got last time :twisted:

Through that I image you had a dream about me that I opted in or somthing?
I mean, I am flattered Grendle, but eww.

#38 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2012 - 18:27

Yeah.

#39 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:06

1) Get Anti-deflect

2) Get SB 250 buff - you should be using that on your opponent anyways in the ladder. will help with future hits ...

so what are you getting at OP?

#40 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:32

That what Deflect does. It makes ladder exclusive for players with too much spare time on their hands only.

PvP ladders have ALWAYS been WON by players with more time on their hands. They are better able to be buffed around the clock and usually have access to relic bonuses / best gear available.

So how does deflect change that really? Many buffs have a % chance of activating ... should we remove all of them as well? what would be left? :lol:

Plus if everyone has Deflect 175 on, wouldn't everyone have an EQUAL chance of being deflected?

Also, if you removed Deflect with SB 250, wouldn't you gain the advantage if they RELIED on deflect too much?

Lastly, Seal and Fist Fight should be removed LONG BEFORE deflect, :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: