Photo

Can Something Be Done About 5 sec+ Page Loads?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 16:39

it is very odd that no cow has commented on this thread there usually over lag/connection issues like flies on hmmm..

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 January 2015 - 17:57

Could be that the appropriate cow god for this is on vacation... and the rest are busy doing this:

laughing-cows_1902529i.jpg

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 January 2015 - 17:59

Well, we've repeatedly stated we're looking into it. That has not changed.

#24 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 18:00

oh, poop, it dinna work

Edited by duktayp, 29 January 2015 - 18:02.

#25 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:01

Hurry hurry..... slow FS is almost as painful as no FS :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:00

Well, we've repeatedly stated we're looking into it. That has not changed.

Thank you for the reply, however 12 days later and I'm still having even longer page loads, and I'm even getting timed out messages. Come on, wave the magic wand why don't you?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:16

these pop up sometimes...no big deal, just refresh or back-page...bad thing is the timers in the game keep running while you're doing this

cloudfar_zpsstg0cfok.jpg

#28 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:21

I don't get that. But I hate the stutter step moves across the world map.

Makes me feel like I'm solo line dancing. That ain't never cool. 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#29 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 17:50

I'll dance with you, somebody cue some music :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 18:16

the Canvas for the map needs to be upgraded.. there have been a lot of advances since this code technology was used for the new map.. that might help with the stuttering steps a bit.. maybe the whole map moving aspect of walking uses up a lot of resources.. a stationary map might help the majority of players on less powerful machines like tablets and other mobile devices

wonder what type of map system they are going to use for the new app.. how simple will it be and how different will it make teh experience of Fallen Sword..

as for the lag overall.. keep pushing for a change.. a upgrade.. a proper service..

#31 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 21:18

Any word on this lag problem HCS? Nothing has changed in more then two weeks. Five plus second page loads continue periodically every time I play, and more often than not. It's tiresome. It isn't the worst in the game's history(I've been at it 7 years) but it's getting there. Respectfully, it would be nice to have a response besides, "we're looking into it," or "we're still looking into it," at the very least, so that if it can't/won't be fixed I can decide to take my business elsewhere or deal with it...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2015 - 22:22

Any word on this lag problem HCS? Nothing has changed in more then two weeks. Five plus second page loads continue periodically every time I play, and more often than not. It's tiresome. It isn't the worst in the game's history(I've been at it 7 years) but it's getting there. Respectfully, it would be nice to have a response besides, "we're looking into it," or "we're still looking into it," at the very least, so that if it can't/won't be fixed I can decide to take my business elsewhere or deal with it...

Can you PM me on the forum more info about where your connecting from and also what OS / browser you are using etc? I'm not seeing any lag moving around the map or loading pages.

the Canvas for the map needs to be upgraded.. there have been a lot of advances since this code technology was used for the new map.. that might help with the stuttering steps a bit.. maybe the whole map moving aspect of walking uses up a lot of resources.. a stationary map might help the majority of players on less powerful machines like tablets and other mobile devices

wonder what type of map system they are going to use for the new app.. how simple will it be and how different will it make teh experience of Fallen Sword..

as for the lag overall.. keep pushing for a change.. a upgrade.. a proper service..

We're re-writing the map rendering code for the mobile / tablet version. Once that is done, we'll most likely update the browser version to use the same version :)

#33 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 23:01

Can you PM me on the forum more info about where your connecting from and also what OS / browser you are using etc? I'm not seeing any lag moving around the map or loading pages.

Sent Today, 15:59 Thank you

[Signature removed]

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 21:21

We're re-writing the map rendering code for the mobile / tablet version. Once that is done, we'll most likely update the browser version to use the same version :)

wonder if sigmastorm will ever get a reboot with the map interface ;)

#35 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:01

The member Hoofmaster cannot receive any new messages

Game is lagging to the point for me I cannot titan hunt in any form browser does not matter if I use Chrome firefox or chrome Canary all latest updates...Logging in from Perth Western Australia tried farming common drops last night same issue 3 to 5 seconds per kill at times.

#36 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2015 - 20:39

This is getting crazy from my neck of the woods too.  Using Chrome, from Canada.  Couldn't even login here for 10 minutes with Cloudflare issues and lagginess.  It's been bad for weeks.  I'm using one hell of a fast connection too.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:42

Page loads are terrible today!! 20 secs. It's like having a dial up connection.

[Signature removed]

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:50

This is getting crazy from my neck of the woods too.  Using Chrome, from Canada.  Couldn't even login here for 10 minutes with Cloudflare issues and lagginess.  It's been bad for weeks.  I'm using one hell of a fast connection too.

DP

Page loads are terrible today!! 20 secs. It's like having a dial up connection.

We're looking into this further...

#39 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:42

DP

Whats your definition of a fast connection, yours and mine or HCS might not be the same.

#40 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 19:41

The Cloud fare server is getting bad, again! 10 sec loads on my end :(

This problem is systemic and rarely shows any signs of abating.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: