109 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:50

Step 4: Obviously the most controversial one and is optional but i think it would aid overall. Discontinue cool down as it's negatively effecting TH. There are a limited number of TH to begin with making them wait a week before they can hunt again doesn't make sense to me. Because they are on CD titans just sit there unkilled and uncontested. I can see a need for cooldown with 1000+ hunters but let's be real the number is in the double digits if that now.

Nothing wrong with debate... Overtime things change. It's important we discuss things.

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 August 2017 - 04:52.

#22 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:40

true that debate is always good ,just trying to come up with a solution to the titan problem .

.  we know cool down not going to change

.  we know waiting for titan to be killed is a pain

so we debate on the solution 

5aZzW0p.png,

#23 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:42

Step 3: Tone down the spawning a tad bit

you reckon this would help ??

5aZzW0p.png,

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:46

Step 3: Tone down the spawning a tad bit

you reckon this would help ??

Yes i do. It's multiplicative with the step 1 and 2. With an increased value of the epic and decrease spawn competition will be roaring. Therefore it will die very fast.

#25 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:00

not sure what the answer is but hope they find 1 before app come out

5aZzW0p.png,

#26 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:30

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 August 2017 - 06:31.

#27 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:44

Judging from your medal i assume you haven't partook in the activity much. 51% is very challenging against the right competition. The issue remains how to bring that competition back. Messing with secure for sure will kill TH in general no questions asked. It's hard enough to justify doing 51% for a measly 10 fsps for some items.

What makes seasonals so competitive is because the limited time frame. I do believe the spawn rate in seasonals is too high but that's besides the point. How can we replicate this for regular titans. I have a suggestion to this aswell.

Step 4: Obviously the most controversial one and is optional but i think it would aid overall. Discontinue cool down as it's negatively effecting TH. There are a limited number of TH to begin with making them wait a week before they can hunt again doesn't make sense to me. Because they are on CD titans just sit there unkilled and uncontested. I can see a need for cooldown with 1000+ hunters but let's be real the number is in the double digits if that now.

Not that we all needed a glimpse into your true colours but hey let's throw the gripe out there, you dislike being on titan cool down and your numerous reasons as to why never serve any logic beyond having a monopoly for the guild you inherited.

One of the big reasons this game is a success for and after all these years is because of it's Organic Nature, it's never perfect but what world is?

Admins have thought long and hard concerning the restrictions that they have put in place and for what? Yes, to make the game playable for the playerbase not succumbing to some irrelevant bods idealistic irrational rants.

As it stands I don't believe any decay or heal time should be placed upon the titan system, they are what they are, go hunt the beasts for secure or tkp, if it sits after a secure then go finish the beast off and stop wasting everyones time whinging that no cleaners are doing the job for you.

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 August 2017 - 06:46.

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:50

My guild rarely titan hunts anymore i don't even consider us a THing guild. There are plenty of guilds that stand a chance against us now especially with TD/TP. Want to see a SS of our scout tower it's barren has been for months. I haven't hunted myself in a very long time. Also for the record i created this guild with my friends i didn't inherit anything. You can't say that titans sitting for weeks and months is healthy for THing. TD/TP has evened the playing ground on titans for sure. I said it's optional in my plan anyways. I do believe it's beneficial to remove it but everyone's become very accustomed to it and want's the easy way out by trading secures when people are on CD. So to combat that slow down respawn/create upgradeable recipes with low success rate and roll titans out in groups. Decay won't even be needed if step 1-3 are followed.

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 August 2017 - 06:59.

#29 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:20

Whatever you or your scout tower displays as your titan hunting activites is a matter for
 your guild and your guild only, nobody else is interested in what it displays.

TD and TP were an addition after admin meetings, observations of game 
and as a way forward to benefit the community/playerbase as a whole.

Your personal inheritance is neither here nor there to the rest of us, we don't care either way :D

Titans sitting for weeks/months is an issue for BG and Hoof to decide upon, as it stands they haven't indicated that it is a problem in their eyes.

What is so wrong with the skills enabling people to try out and feel good about their time online playing a game? It is a game after all and not some business that demands every waking moment, those days are long buried in this game and that's a good thing for it's overall health (who can forget AuntBea and the like, destroyed game for many) 

More activity rather than logging out never to return, surely?

Still meh on decay or heal :D

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 August 2017 - 07:21.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:29

Nothing against TD or TP. It's fine im not suggesting it be removed or changed. There doesn't have to be decay there are ways to counteract the current state. There is clear hatred just because of the guild i am in i can definitely sense it. I'll leave it at this seeing that nothing will come of this. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 August 2017 - 07:36.

#31 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:47

Oooh nice emotional edit there lol

Leaving emotions aside, your only issue is " there are ways to counteract the current state " ?

What issues do you see that need counter acting?

I only see titans hanging about and not being squished so that secure and tkp are awarded. That is where I'm stating just don't hunt the beast unless you are willing to flatten him.

Do I agree with the Invisible Titan, nope but then I have no need or desire to get his wares so surely it comes down to needing his drop be it for use or profit. If you need it's use then swallow the pride and stam and go squish him, if it's purely to profit then you a have a problem and need a cleaner because surplus stam can be spent elsewhere 'according to the guild'.

So what are you and others all beefed up about ?

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:57

Titans weren't designed to sit in the realms for months. I made my suggestions and added my constructive feedback. I believe it has potential.

#33 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:03

Titans weren't designed to sit in the realms for months. 

Ahh I see, you believe you are a designer of the game, you know exactly what and how beasties are designed for. Thanks for letting us know how the game is designed  ;)

#34 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:09

Post something constructive please. Enough of the flame bait... I'd like to see this thread survive and populate ideas and concepts. I'm a believer in positive change and compromise through discussion lets not ruin it.

Shout out to lou for teaching me about ignore list. Never knew there was one. They should make it alittle bit more obvious.

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 August 2017 - 08:33.

#35 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:28

No flaim bate here, just responding to your nonsensical points to muddy waters.

I stated my stance on this subject and that hasn't changed in the last 30 minutes or so,it's a dead subject.

#36 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:07

Titans sitting for weeks/months is an issue for BG and Hoof to decide upon, as it stands they haven't indicated that it is a problem in their eyes.

Grim was talking about this in world chat, and wanted our opinion and ideas on the topic, active decided to be proactive and actually try to get this started.

Post something constructive please. 

Well I tried to put it in numbers and a formula to get things going and spur ideas upon ideas, but what happened was the opposite.

Don't be afraid to try this next time your in the forum!

If you like the idea voice your own idea and opinion, if you don't like it break down other peoples ideas.

Heres how: 

1. Realize the idea is crap in your opinion

2. Look at examples given and figure out why its really crap and why that crap wouldn't work

3. Tell them step by step why its crap using their crap idea as a base statement 

4. provide an example/fix to a greater idea 

5. feed that idea to the other individual so they now feel their idea was crap all along 

6. repeat until the ideas aren't crap.

" I don't like it" really, thats it? cool story.

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 14:05

well hasnt this gone sideways from where i started it .

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 14:08

well tbh they did mention it in global as cola posted here ,so they are thinking about it ,they were just looking for some CONSTRUCTIVE  ideas and opinions ,not the nit picking crap you have being posting ,honestly

Edited by activeh1, 05 August 2017 - 14:11.

5aZzW0p.png,

#39 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 August 2017 - 14:10

so anyone else  got any thoughts before they come in here and lock it due to certain folks ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#40 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 20:58

Grim was talking about this in world chat, and wanted our opinion and ideas on the topic, active decided to be proactive and actually try to get this started.

Well that's crucial information and thank you for that.

It was not stated in the OP or thread that it was actually a global chat with BG, so if that chat was not seen then then how can anyone know that admin do have a problem with it and are looking for ideas and suggestions.

Would also help to know which titans are seen as needing a change, or is it all of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: