38 replies to this topic

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:01

however the writhing ward and the gnarled epics had a huge price drop and they aren't that epic anymore and i do think that HCS should fix that i find 100 fsp for a WW a normal price but 20 fsp for a WW is just way too cheap now...

gnarled epics same idea and also became way too cheap so i actually would love to see some sort of level 1400-1800 epic fix for that  just don't let it be an armor piece :P maybe a gnarled scarab shield? that would drastically reduce the price if it is made with the ring + spike + amulet for an idea as long as the ring and amulet get used it's okay spikes still have to be used

Where did the WW and Gnarled Epics become "non-Epics"?

And a Gnarled Scarab Shield wouldn't do much to help the Epic prices of the Gnarled Scarab series or the Epic shields.

#22 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:04

Where did the WW and Gnarled Epics become "non-Epics"?

And a Gnarled Scarab Shield wouldn't do much to help the Epic prices of the Gnarled Scarab series or the Epic shields.

i find their current price not worthy of an epic and it should go up it's too cheap epics got to be exclusive and you have to spend loads to get them in my opinion ... it's about time that every new level 100 goes and buy one would fix ww price for now ... can't wait for them to become 15 fsp when they are ff

and for gnarled just wait and see they will become 50 fsp ish maybe even less 

Edited by cripler, 10 November 2013 - 19:05.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#23 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:14

i find their current price not worthy of an epic and it should go up it's too cheap epics got to be exclusive and you have to spend loads to get them in my opinion ... it's about time that every new level 100 goes and buy one would fix ww price for now ... can't wait for them to become 15 fsp when they are ff

and for gnarled just wait and see they will become 50 fsp ish maybe even less 

I actually like it better that every new player can afford some Epics.. gives them a good taste of the best gear. Could the prices use a little boost, yes, but declaring them non-Epics because the common player can afford one just isn't right.

And how long will I have to wait for the prices of the Gnarled Scarab series to drop to 50 fsp? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

The supply of the gnarled scarab isn't nearly as great as the supply of the WWs and not to mention the stats for the scarab Epics are better than most Epics out there so demand will most likely always be there.

#24 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:29

i'd prefer seeing a little nerf in the stam gain and stamina then so make it +1 stam gain and +50 stam for the WW

for gnarled scarab they are at 100 atm and there's still 536 spikes that wil get invented into rings/ amulets with a nice chance of inv 2 that will be another 700-800 scarab rings or amulets 

600 rings almost 500 amulets that will bring it to about 1k of each since there's barely a chance of failing nowadays ...

there's not enough market to get rid of the scarab items because of the level unlike the writhing ward

people will try to get rid of them for the fsp so that will drop the price aswell

there will most likely be another 300 ish spikes invented so yea price will drop to 50 ish i think

one solution to the problem might be less events with the writhing ward/ scarab droppers some more of the others for them shards and add more fsp into the game somehow without omacaz chests please ...    make the omacaz chests appear once a year this would solve some issues aswell i think there's still 452 of them around :/

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#25 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:17

personally i like that epics r getting cheaper allows other to get them like others have stated but i do think in time epics should be combined i wouldnt say with eachother specifically but with other items in the game that way income moves from pocket to pocket

#26 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 13:54

but i do think in time epics should be combined

That time is now.  Highest level ring is level 700, highest amulet is 800 latter today we will have content to level 1825 latter today.  That is why I suggest just doubling the items level 1400 ring and level 1600 amulet. That would fill in the huge gap for those epics.

#27 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:27

I agree with you on the first 2 points.

Of course the self-styled merchants weren't the only ones to blame (I gathered up a fair amount of the items in question as well), but many of the same people who have been messaging me in game trying to sell countless numbers of spikes, amulets, and rings were some of the same names on here asking for the Horned Chomper to be released.

People asked for it to be released for profit, HCS gave in and now people feel the supply is too high so they are asking for another way to increase the fsps they can make. I guess I've played other games where people wanted the developers to affect the game economy as little as possible so I just don't understand why people keep asking for HCS to do things that will affect prices. They ask for one thing, they get it, then there's another problem again.

+9001 Especially on the giving in to demand on creatures spawning. They should have never removed LEs from roaming the maps. Imo that was one reason a number left the game.

Strictly speaking about the bigger picture, something has to be done to reduce the supply of these Epics. It will help the FS economy in the long run. And with this change, there will most likely be some that profit off it.

Why? I think priority should go to finding ways to add more content (not just raising the level of EOC all the time).

A spurring of new activity with an array of new players should take #1 priority. FS is a great game and one of the best browser-based games out there. You increase demand the problem is solved in a relatively fast order. One year tops and we see a spike in value of inventable epics.... IF we don't see a mass release of mats for craftable epics again for a while....

Looking at ways to make the game mobile (tablet in particular, the world map interface pre-global chat was fantastic for a transition to enabling for tablets) friendly. The market for an MMO that can be run on mobile devices? "Did I just hear a truck back up and drop bundles of euros and dollars all over the street infrom of HCS office? YES I DID."

That time is now.  Highest level ring is level 700, highest amulet is 800 latter today we will have content to level 1825 latter today.  That is why I suggest just doubling the items level 1400 ring and level 1600 amulet. That would fill in the huge gap for those epics.

Why? Why is the time now? Why does all gameplay additions as of late have to be panned towards EOC/old hands? Why not continue what was started last year with revamping the older realms to make them more interesting and likely to encourage new players to stick around.

Not trying to bash anyone or any group in the game here... but I really think user attraction + retention can solve a large array of things involving the FS game economy. Composing is working well so far and was a good step if balancing the bottoming out of lower level gear prices.

However imo the rush to try and prop up prices on certain items is a bad idea. I can remeber when it seemed daunting to think of how much key gear was in actual FSP value in monetary terms. Let demand catch up to supply. If anything maybe adjusting the xp curve to be higher at certain areas in lower levels, possibly maybe upping quest xp for 100-400 or so? Or 20% bonus XP weekends like a lot of other games do from time to time? or bi-weekly xp events for creatures up to a certain level is better for doing this than causing supply to be removed from the market.

Enough of that (supply being removed from market) happens from players hoarding items in massive BPs for 3-9 months later as-is (Zombie Brews in September being 1/10th what they we're year before anyone? I apporve though tbh).

Maybe a few new minigames in FS to really look at boosting gameplay amongst the existing community as-is is worth a look. Possibly HCS offering a contest for a new Content idea? No FSP rewards, though maybe that would spurr some more creative than me to chime in on it. Anyhow... Just wanted to reply.

I think we really don't need to do any more epic+balh/epic = MEGA epic @ EOC things. I think releasing a wider range of titans like happened last year geared at EOC players is better. Possibly with a higher amount of TKPs for exchange and a higher HP to secure... Tuski helm should be less than the future additional 1500 and beyond titans. That a +5 stam gain epic can be scured for same amount of effort with less competition as +2 stam gain ones is also weird, (but I'm totally 1290300% off-topic on that.)

Anyhow, I'll stop tl;dr-ing now.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:41

Why? Why is the time now? Why does all gameplay additions as of late have to be panned towards EOC/old hands? Why not continue what was started last year with revamping the older realms to make them more interesting and likely to encourage new players to stick around.

I'm with you here. I don't see this combining demand being met in any way, shape or form to be honest. Players were demanding the Horned Chomper come out, it came out, now they are unhappy that there's too much of the item? Be careful what you wish for!

I have every intention of returning to the early levels in the New Year and continuing the revamp. It takes time, since you need to plot where things will move to, what will be outright removed and ensuring this does not knacker the Epic Quest. Funtimes! But also really needed. Streamlining the beginning of the game further and preventing new players from getting lost and quitting is fairly important in my view.

Saying that, I think I'll defo have to look at the Arena prizes and PvP Ladder prizes first. I know I'd like to see some heavy code work occur on the Arena before I do so but we'll see.

I due time, I also want to add new content (Quests and the like) to the lower levels. Add some new flavor. Steal Varkaz and ask him to continue the Epic Quest arc he was working on.

There's rather a lot I wanna do with Sword. 

#29 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:49

I never asked for horned chompers to come out. I already had my epics. I am not a merchant, so I cant profit from the scarab sales. Just check my BP BigGrim

Edited by vamunre, 12 November 2013 - 18:06.

#30 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:54

Now you can only buy cheap shields (WWs) and Weapons (Elemental ones), the Amulets and Rings (Scarabs) are 100-150 each, not so cheap. All the rest still expensive (200+ FSPs), so it's not so bad. Everyone can afford some epics, have more stamina, play more and spend more time in the game, why that's bad at all?

Remember, with Scarab and WW LE events everyone can bite a slice of the profit cake, every low lvl can farm resources, sell Javelins and Earth Hammers, etc. So it's good for everyone, not only for merchants/inventors.

I don't believe Epics should cost 500/800+ FSPs each, everyone should be able to afford some, of course, Epics like Mask of Terror (+5 stam gain), Epidemicus Rune (+4) and Vine Tendrils Gauntlets (+4) should stay expensive.

#31 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:16

Since there is an abundance of Writhing Wards and Scarab epics. I  would love to have a level 1600 Gnarled Scarab Amulet

Great idea - like a twist on inventing/ or like composing with gear. Maybe we could create  our own recipes. Ive lost hundreds on older Epics that I paid a fortune for and are now worh less than a third of what I paid for them , however I definately got my FSP back in them via the stam gains.  The market is fine , and will likely correct itself .. the implementation of the composing aspect of the game is part of HCS working on correcting the market ! Its fine with me that Epics are now affordable and being worn by more people. Great suggestion vamunre.

#32 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29

Great idea - like a twist on inventing/ or like composing with gear. Maybe we could create  our own recipes.

As much as I would like to be able to invent my own gear, I dont think HCS would let this happen. But I would love it if it did!

and I am sure many others would be happy as well. Like going to the blacksmith in other games.

#33 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:32

scarab series uses elemental epics so far only air jav and earth hammer time for the water trident and fire blade to make their appearances?

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#34 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22

...they do on the elemental shields i think

if a new epic does come i hope that it involves inventing just saying makes it more fun for alot of players....

personally i would like a tease like release the recipe but not have all the ingridients on the recipe exist yet that way the cows can come up with something new take your sweet time ...  and make it a lil more fun .... and most of all amuse me a little bit

Edited by gilby90813, 15 November 2013 - 08:04.

#35 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:45

new titans are to drop an epic item that is unwearable and used in inventing either one of 2 items with a decent chance of failing :P

would be so awesome! :D

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#36 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:08

just  little bumpy

#37 maf22

maf22

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:15

Also they could make Titans hold 3 or 4 different Epics, so the drop would be a surprise. We'd have more Epics and less "the same ever" like Inferno Hammer and WW

I dont think this is a bad idea if the titan had multiple drops and a secure drop was random. This way by obtaining TKP you could pick which one you wanted. I think it would give players reason to clear the titan after it was secured and the titans wouldnt sit out there for days at a time

#38 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:41

In my opinion this update would be of the most benefit to epic hoarding merchants and titan hunters/guilds that get secures on a regular basis.

I believe this is why it's not all that popular and probably won't get implemented.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#39 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:27

Please unleash the new 1925 titan. Hopefully a multiple item like the elemental shields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: