• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 TheEggman

TheEggman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 00:48

This is an encouraging thread. I thought I was just poor and dumb for still having my darklore rune for so long. I even just got on to look for a better non-decay rune (since I can certainly not afford that much FSP). Because of this thread I'm thinking about (finally) FF'ing my darklore rune and keeping it around for a while longer.

Needless to say, reading about the 140-180 levels has me pretty scared. My points aren't fully dumped into damage, and I'm going to have to save up my FSP so I can buy those OTHER high damage, non-decay rune and non-barron items for those levels. You've encouraged me to not sweat not being able to afford those items to have the uber one-shot gear.

Thanks! :)

i wanted to write this!

i was thinking of buying one 20lvls ago when it was 45-50 and didnt...now im not goin to pay that much for the damn rune!...nice to know i can get around without one...i have a qutestion though...when do i change my deep?

#22 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:49

This is an encouraging thread. I thought I was just poor and dumb for still having my darklore rune for so long. I even just got on to look for a better non-decay rune (since I can certainly not afford that much FSP). Because of this thread I'm thinking about (finally) FF'ing my darklore rune and keeping it around for a while longer.

Needless to say, reading about the 140-180 levels has me pretty scared. My points aren't fully dumped into damage, and I'm going to have to save up my FSP so I can buy those OTHER high damage, non-decay rune and non-barron items for those levels. You've encouraged me to not sweat not being able to afford those items to have the uber one-shot gear.

Thanks! :)

i wanted to write this!

i was thinking of buying one 20lvls ago when it was 45-50 and didnt...now im not goin to pay that much for the damn rune!...nice to know i can get around without one...i have a qutestion though...when do i change my deep?

Usually at 120 you will buy a cheap Mancrusha (oh gods - remember when those sets were selling for 800 FSP ???) and you can mix Deep + Mancrusha till about 125 - then you should probably build around your Mancrusha for the later parts.

#23 fs_chinback

fs_chinback
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 17:05

I didn't mix deep with mancrusha.

I accidentally sold my rune of decay for 120 fsp. It was only crafted perfect though.

#24 whatyousay

whatyousay

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 23:39

Meh, I remember leveling fine with just Deep+Darklore from 80-135 (even without Mancrusha)

#25 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 16:30

You should probably think again about dark ethal versus drake. A FF Dark ethal was 153 damage which is not that bad.

IMO, at 142, if you cannot reach the damage for 100% one hit kill, the best alternative would be a setup around Mancrusha that can reach 1 hit kills with EH and a decent odds (like 60-80%) and survive the misses. Since you will be using lesser santork claws (no armor there) you will be looking for more armor and Dark ethal shield is a good call for that.

#26 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 19:52

You should probably think again about dark ethal versus drake. A FF Dark ethal was 153 damage which is not that bad.

IMO, at 142, if you cannot reach the damage for 100% one hit kill, the best alternative would be a setup around Mancrusha that can reach 1 hit kills with EH and a decent odds (like 60-80%) and survive the misses. Since you will be using lesser santork claws (no armor there) you will be looking for more armor and Dark ethal shield is a good call for that.

Good points. I hadn't been looking that much at armor, mostly damage. My biggest concern is attack though. With the "suggested" 140 build, the base attack is less than 500 (before FF'ing).

Think first if you will afford moving all points in damage and FFing everything...if not, better turn to a FF Mancrusha based setup + Dark ethal shield. You will not one hit kill everything, but you will a lot, and you will keep the EH and survivabiliy (mancrusha + ethal for armor).

As for attack... starting at 142 Dark curse is a very valid option. A good dark curse will drop his defence by 25%...

#27 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 20:39

Well I have been 1 hitting fine with a lvl140 DC today and I have a Decay set up combo that works great, doesn't 1 hit but it works :)

But if you take a look at my set up, then I had these buffs;
'Dark Curse' (Level: 140)
'Beserk' (Level: 140)
'Enchant Weapon' (Level: 140)
'Fury' (Level: 140)
'Doubler' (Level: 125)
'Enchanted Armor' (Level: 145)

I was 1 hitting fine :)

Yes I did die a few times but I wasn't really bothered becaus I still went up at a reasonable rate.

#28 fs_phoenician

fs_phoenician
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 22:27

You can go those levels without using legendary items at all. Cracked lava set is good for lvl 100-114, with that small set of aleos you can go as far as lvl 120 when you can use Rykal set for many levels, and still get 1 hit kills.

And those sets can be got without using enormous amounts of FSPs, simply make an attack group...

#29 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 23:33

You can go those levels without using legendary items at all. Cracked lava set is good for lvl 100-114, with that small set of aleos you can go as far as lvl 120 when you can use Rykal set for many levels, and still get 1 hit kills.

And those sets can be got without using enormous amounts of FSPs, simply make an attack group...

Mancrusha is worth a fortune? Someone shoulda told me :(

#30 fs_supfreakin

fs_supfreakin
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 19:58

its quite simple why price so high.. because in december 24 - january 5 in AH were few of whose rune, for quite long time only 2 page and even one time i saw 1 page.... so 1 page means, no more sellers and everyone need it, so price went up and now at the moment everyone whant to sell wile price is high so even 5-6 pages is back...

yeah there were literally 3 decay runes on sale at one point (there were 4-5 on storage at AH).

it was pretty sick. it is an item that most people use for a VERY long time.

#31 fs_cheetos185

fs_cheetos185
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 21:24

decay rune helped me out from lvl90 till lvl168 :) too bad i sold mine ff for 75fsps :(

#32 fs_bmaggot

fs_bmaggot
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:03

i sold mine for 99 fsp (bought for 15), i believe they will be cheaper in the future, if some event will include that monster (whatever he is, i don't remember) or maybe some other rune will be available soon (hardly?)

#33 fs_supfreakin

fs_supfreakin
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 23:52

i sold mine for 99 fsp (bought for 15), i believe they will be cheaper in the future, if some event will include that monster (whatever he is, i don't remember) or maybe some other rune will be available soon (hardly?)

that is really the only option. HCS has said they won't bring back existing LEs any time soon, so it's unlikely the rune of decay is getting any cheaper.

I doubt they'll replace it with someone else either, since there is already the rune of darklore

#34 Prezze

Prezze

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 19:36

that is really the only option. HCS has said they won't bring back existing LEs any time soon, so it's unlikely the rune of decay is getting any cheaper.

I doubt they'll replace it with someone else either, since there is already the rune of darklore

it's the way around decay rune replaced the darklore rune ...

I used the darklore rune from lvl 80 till lvl Greeshas rune (changing it with what I needed at the time) (Decay didn't exist)

#35 Ali0279

Ali0279

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:29

ohh i iam geitn one soon

#36 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:28

The final bullet was just delivered against the decay rune for anyone in a guild that has fully constructed the weaponsmith structure. The difference between a perf FF decay and darklore rune is 50 damage. The newly upgraded building now levels out the differences compared to the earlier state.

You can now deal out just as damage with the darklore rune now as with the decay rune a week ago.

#37 fs_realwillow

fs_realwillow
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:38

Already bought my decay set, ff/recrafted all of it 9yes im one of THOSE players).. have 'lent' it out at no cost to another guild member who will hit lvl 90 before me. The rune was expensive, but the way I see it.. the more runes of decay i have and 'lent out' to players - the more potential profit to be made in the future.

Currently looking for a new setup from lvl 100+. Which probably will mean buying a new rune of decay (so might aswell make a another fs out of it), but its all good.

#38 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:13

The rune was expensive, but the way I see it.. the more runes of decay i have and 'lent out' to players - the more potential profit to be made in the future.

What are talking about? What's profit to be made in the future? Personally, I am not going to buy that rune for current prices.. I have enough fsps, but to pay ~ 80 fsps for additional 40-50 damage points? ... sometimes it's even more ridiculous, people are buying the rune for 100 fsps to get this 50 additional damage over Darklore rune and have none of forging on their Deep sets... LOL ... The real market price for that rune is probably around 30 fsps (you can buy FF/Perfect Darklore rune for 20 fsps, so for additional 50 damage + Enhancements -> +10 fsps) and even less... because those enhancements are already almost 100% even without that rune.. sooner or later people will not be able to sell it and the price drops... there will not be any profit in the future...

#39 fs_realwillow

fs_realwillow
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:49

Aye suppose so, but I'm one of these players who does think ahead most of thetime.. (buying sets/equip for 10+ lvls ahead of where i am.

But I'm also one of these dozy players who likes to buy up decent equipment for teh guild to use. No matter what the price. I suppose i'm partly to blame for keeping the prices high - since im willing to pay it - people know they can sell it so no drops in price etc

#40 fs_ssgtm

fs_ssgtm
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2008 - 00:02

well looking at the decay set as a whole u can get a good-perfect set wtiha FF rune for about 110FSP max. the rune is now only selling for 95-100 fsp perfect FF and it does help alot i mean it lasts from lvl 90 to lvl 168 when a cheap 75K rune u can buy from a shop beats it lol
ill be using my rune till then and with proper buffs and a good setup and good guild u can 1 hit alot from 140-160. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: