Photo

Having fun at Composing?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing progress (72 member(s) have cast votes)

How far have you gotten in Composing

1. At least level 4 (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. At least level 8 (17 votes [23.61%])

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

3. At least level 12 (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. At least level 16 (25 votes [34.72%])

Percentage of vote: 34.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 13:41

many months into composing, and what started out as fun..is no longer fun..0 fun..composing failure..where are all the good buffs that were promised...nothing in the works for months..composing is now a daily chore...and no fun in it at all...long long tiresome journey just to make another level and get nothing..please cows add the buffs that were promised when composing began..

#22 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 13:59

many months into composing, and what started out as fun..is no longer fun..0 fun..composing failure..where are all the good buffs that were promised...nothing in the works for months..composing is now a daily chore...and no fun in it at all...long long tiresome journey just to make another level and get nothing..please cows add the buffs that were promised when composing began..

PLEASE GIVE US A WIN BUTTON :blink: ..........................

#23 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 14:31

no not quite..how about giving what was said to be given..that is all..

#24 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 15:53

just hit level 10 composing....two at a time.....no more rush to push on...qualified in global..mostly for the medal then the frags..but WOOT WOOT i wont have to buy frags again till the next global frag event!!  lmao

#25 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:36

Casually Composing  :) About 2.5 days from level 25 (goal is level 27)

Amazing how the composing has changed my game play - and my uncontrolled desire to steal any unguarded common item :angry:

before composing, I would make notes of levels I would conquer (and quests) and when I ran out of stam, hunt over.

Now I have to calculate exactly where I end up after my hunt so as to land in area where critters drop common items - not easy to do  :wacko:

Rebuild stam a few days, buff up and farm that area killing 1 critter at a time (without doubler) to supplement my addiction to common frags for a few days - maybe a week. I even have a few players (frag buyers) hoping I'll sale some of my person stash to pull them through :lol:  

It's tough out there folks - you will  think "I'll just compose a few potions and walk away" WRONG!

You'll care about nothing but getting that frag - you'll push away your guildmates and allies (if they refuse to give you a fraggable item - you'll troll the AH for hours looking for the cheaply priced fraggable items - you'll level with the lowest doubler (or none at all) - you'll happily boast your composing level on guild chat only to find others 10 levels higher than you - I could go on but it is to painful :( 

eh...the higher level composing potion are awesome though :D 

Have fun all :D   

#26 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 16:40

lol  I think win button meant to never lose are you having a challenge in composing?

Composing so boring and doesnt give any enjoyment for me ... I thought the idea based on consuming LE and SE items to give some value for LE and SE items not Common items!

Sadly composing didnt use the point of original composing idea.

Edited by shindrak, 10 September 2014 - 16:44.

#27 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 September 2014 - 19:42

lol  I think win button meant to never lose are you having a challenge in composing?

Composing so boring and doesnt give any enjoyment for me ... I thought the idea based on consuming LE and SE items to give some value for LE and SE items not Common items!

Sadly composing didnt use the point of original composing idea.

Yeah, at least right now while we are grinding our ways up to level 50, composing has only served to place a rather high value on common items and increase their scarcity...

Hopefully, when they finally release new skills past level 20 and as more of us reach 50 and no longer have the need to level, other types of frags will find some value.

#28 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 19:45

I like it. I am back in the game for like 30 days - almost lvl 7. 

#29 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 19:53

I am still lvl 3, but I am working towards lvl 4 as quickly as I can... I had a late start, and I have a cash flow problem...what can I say

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#30 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 10 September 2014 - 20:12

Better late than never BP... Composing is not cheap but I think it's fun.

Maybe by the time you reach level 20 there will be new skills added...

#31 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 20:22

I wouldn't like it much if it wasn't guild oriented.

If only you could help me with bringing back certain players, I would persuade them to stay in the game. 

#32 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 September 2014 - 00:57

If the levels of the potions increased above available potions from other parts of the game, then there would be greater incentive to continue composing. 

#33 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42

If the levels of the potions increased above available potions from other parts of the game, then there would be greater incentive to continue composing. 

Agreed, to many of the skills in composing are either at the same level as or below a very cheap potion making their creation via composing almost pointless as a result of the "cost" of acquiring common fragments. I do believe a serious revision is required whereby higher levelled skills bypass the use of common fragments and use more of the "higher valued" fragments such as the LE, Crystal & SE ones. 

#34 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 18:26

Agreed, to many of the skills in composing are either at the same level as or below a very cheap potion making their creation via composing almost pointless as a result of the "cost" of acquiring common fragments. I do believe a serious revision is required whereby higher levelled skills bypass the use of common fragments and use more of the "higher valued" fragments such as the LE, Crystal & SE ones. 

This is already the case. Higher levels of skills require higher rarities of frags. The reason commons are in such demand is because the vast majority of pots composers make are trash pots only made for composing XP, which use only common frags.

The frag formula is the same for all skills, though, meaning Doubler 175 uses the same number of frags as Shield Wall 175, but the former is nearly useless and the latter is quite useful. Doubler 1000 is a nice pot to compose but it is far cheaper to buy in the AH than the frags needed to compose it.

#35 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:06

This is already the case. Higher levels of skills require higher rarities of frags. The reason commons are in such demand is because the vast majority of pots composers make are trash pots only made for composing XP, which use only common frags.

The frag formula is the same for all skills, though, meaning Doubler 175 uses the same number of frags as Shield Wall 175, but the former is nearly useless and the latter is quite useful. Doubler 1000 is a nice pot to compose but it is far cheaper to buy in the AH than the frags needed to compose it.

I am saying that higher levelled buffs should bypass using common and possibly rare fragments and use a greater number of the higher "valued" fragments. Currently the fragment economy is completely backward with a "common" fragment holding a higher value than a Super Elite fragment. The equivalent of this in an economic sense is hyper inflation where a 1 pence piece is worth more than a £50 note, simply because bronze is worth more as scrap than the paper the £50 note is printed in, which is silly.

#36 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:00

I am saying that higher levelled buffs should bypass using common and possibly rare fragments and use a greater number of the higher "valued" fragments. Currently the fragment economy is completely backward with a "common" fragment holding a higher value than a Super Elite fragment. The equivalent of this in an economic sense is hyper inflation where a 1 pence piece is worth more than a £50 note, simply because bronze is worth more as scrap than the paper the £50 note is printed in, which is silly.

As kalish said, the high value for commons is almost entirely because of their dominant role in levelling, and the fact that the vast majority of potions are made for levelling rather than composing.

One could "fix" the frag economy in a number of other ways. The easiest would probably be to give more Xp, not less, for composing with rarer frags: make advantageous for levelling to compose level 300 pots. [N.B. this doesn't have to mean faster levelling --- one can reduce the Xp gained for 6-common-frag pots as one increases the Xp gained from crystal and LE frag pots]

#37 3vil3ye

3vil3ye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 15:52

im about quarter way into lvl 4.... i just dont have fun doing it so i dont.... 

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 18:34

01:16 14/Sep/2014 You have just been awarded a Bronze Artisan medal!

*dances*

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:20

I'm happy to say I reached level 5 last night :)  Yay me!

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:25

I'm happy to say I reached level 5 last night :)  Yay me!

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: