Photo

What makes you keep coming back to play?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#21 SandisMan

SandisMan

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:52

I think it may be helpful to new players, if they were given the starting max stamina, to match 24 hours of the starting stamina gain.

This would allow new players to log in once a day, at max stam and use all their stamina, however they see fit.

It will give them more options, from when they join, to maybe try other aspects of the game, rather than just levelling.

With 24 hours of stamina to use, they could pvp ladder/gvg more efficiently, farm some creeps or plants etc. then invent stuff, bounty hunt etc. etc.

Give them more freedom when they join, rather than make it a chore to log in with the sole purpose to level up a bit, so they dont go over max stam.

Just a thought, I might be wrong, but it could encourage more players to stick around, as they would have the stamina bank to expand their gameplay options, early on.

I agree with this in principle, but on day one of the game, who can gvg and pvp? I think there needs to be beginning quests that teach all of this. That way they can explore, hunt, pvp, at their pace(with the quests), and be more educated by level 5-10.

#22 becky18

becky18

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:22

wat makes me come back is the game is pretty good but even better that i made my best mate there :D thank u HCS ;)

#23 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 23:01

I come back because of these reasons:

The Community.

[*:29c6cigb]I've never seen a closer community then the FS community. Seriously, within a short span of time, you begin to recognize players by their playing style and social interactions. Just by simply looking at someone's name, you usually have an idea what they do. Also, you feel immersed in the community. Almost everything comes from someone else. Need gear? Buy from someone. Need buffed? Ask someone for help. Need to defeat this elite? Join a guild or ask for assistance. This game revolves heavily around the community aspect of the game. I know many people who most likely wouldn't be here day-to-day if it weren't for their friends.
The Different Playstyles

[*:29c6cigb]In Fallensword, you can be whatever you like. Here are some options: Leveler, Titan Hunter, SE Hunter, Chest Finder, PvPer, GvGer, Farmer, Potion Maker, Merchant, etc. You can be any or ALL of those. In most browser based games, it's just "You have the choice of Warrior, Mage or Archer. Follow this one boring story that fits your role.." In FS though, you can do anything you desire. That is by far one of my favorite things about Fallen. Run out of stamina and bored? Play the arena. Leveled a lot and want to test your gear? Go PvP. Wanna earn rewards for your guild? Go GvG. For me, it seems like there is never a dull moment in the FS world.
The Support.

[*:29c6cigb]I could honestly RAVE about how lucky we are to have a great support team. Sure, sometimes it feels like things get overlooked. But, do you realize how hard they bust their butts for us? I imagine it's hard to implement all these things, let alone with a team of their size. We have it easy and we don't even realize it. I've been in games before where the support will take over a week just to get back to you with some generic semi-automatic response. Yet, as Grim said, "We're here to listen to you. Just remember that we are human beings who pour a @#!*% of a lot of effort into the game. We don't want something to suck. We want it to be good. Just remember it can take time to effect changes." I mean, they listen a lot more here then other games and want to improve it anyway possible. They listen, implement and respond to us as a whole. They treat us like players, not money machines. They stay on the same level as us as well. I, for one, am glad we have such an amazing support team.

i agree 100% with him. everything I would say is in his writing. All my favorite thing is trying to get to top pvper :)

#24 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:31

The Community.

[*:20tdvvzn]I've never seen a closer community then the FS community. Seriously, within a short span of time, you begin to recognize players by their playing style and social interactions. Just by simply looking at someone's name, you usually have an idea what they do. Also, you feel immersed in the community. Almost everything comes from someone else. Need gear? Buy from someone. Need buffed? Ask someone for help. Need to defeat this elite? Join a guild or ask for assistance. This game revolves heavily around the community aspect of the game. I know many people who most likely wouldn't be here day-to-day if it weren't for their friends.
The Different Playstyles

[*:20tdvvzn]In Fallensword, you can be whatever you like. Here are some options: Leveler, Titan Hunter, SE Hunter, Chest Finder, PvPer, GvGer, Farmer, Potion Maker, Merchant, etc. You can be any or ALL of those. In most browser based games, it's just "You have the choice of Warrior, Mage or Archer. Follow this one boring story that fits your role.." In FS though, you can do anything you desire. That is by far one of my favorite things about Fallen. Run out of stamina and bored? Play the arena. Leveled a lot and want to test your gear? Go PvP. Wanna earn rewards for your guild? Go GvG. For me, it seems like there is never a dull moment in the FS world.
The Support.

[*:20tdvvzn]I could honestly RAVE about how lucky we are to have a great support team. Sure, sometimes it feels like things get overlooked. But, do you realize how hard they bust their butts for us? I imagine it's hard to implement all these things, let alone with a team of their size. We have it easy and we don't even realize it. I've been in games before where the support will take over a week just to get back to you with some generic semi-automatic response. Yet, as Grim said, "We're here to listen to you. Just remember that we are human beings who pour a @#!*% of a lot of effort into the game. We don't want something to suck. We want it to be good. Just remember it can take time to effect changes." I mean, they listen a lot more here then other games and want to improve it anyway possible. They listen, implement and respond to us as a whole. They treat us like players, not money machines. They stay on the same level as us as well. I, for one, am glad we have such an amazing support team.

i agree 100% with him. everything I would say is in his writing. All my favorite thing is trying to get to top pvper :)

*her.
I'm a girl. :P

I feel passionate for this game. It's practically became my second home.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#25 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:34

I enjoy titan hunting on the classic map, which keeps me coming back. Oh wait never mind! I can't think of a reason why now.

#26 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02

The Community.

[*:2uhd62no]I've never seen a closer community then the FS community. Seriously, within a short span of time, you begin to recognize players by their playing style and social interactions. Just by simply looking at someone's name, you usually have an idea what they do. Also, you feel immersed in the community. Almost everything comes from someone else. Need gear? Buy from someone. Need buffed? Ask someone for help. Need to defeat this elite? Join a guild or ask for assistance. This game revolves heavily around the community aspect of the game. I know many people who most likely wouldn't be here day-to-day if it weren't for their friends.
The Different Playstyles

[*:2uhd62no]In Fallensword, you can be whatever you like. Here are some options: Leveler, Titan Hunter, SE Hunter, Chest Finder, PvPer, GvGer, Farmer, Potion Maker, Merchant, etc. You can be any or ALL of those. In most browser based games, it's just "You have the choice of Warrior, Mage or Archer. Follow this one boring story that fits your role.." In FS though, you can do anything you desire. That is by far one of my favorite things about Fallen. Run out of stamina and bored? Play the arena. Leveled a lot and want to test your gear? Go PvP. Wanna earn rewards for your guild? Go GvG. For me, it seems like there is never a dull moment in the FS world.
The Support.

[*:2uhd62no]I could honestly RAVE about how lucky we are to have a great support team. Sure, sometimes it feels like things get overlooked. But, do you realize how hard they bust their butts for us? I imagine it's hard to implement all these things, let alone with a team of their size. We have it easy and we don't even realize it. I've been in games before where the support will take over a week just to get back to you with some generic semi-automatic response. Yet, as Grim said, "We're here to listen to you. Just remember that we are human beings who pour a @#!*% of a lot of effort into the game. We don't want something to suck. We want it to be good. Just remember it can take time to effect changes." I mean, they listen a lot more here then other games and want to improve it anyway possible. They listen, implement and respond to us as a whole. They treat us like players, not money machines. They stay on the same level as us as well. I, for one, am glad we have such an amazing support team.

*her.
I'm a girl. :P

I feel passionate for this game. It's practically became my second home.

+1 Everything HBK said plus the community within the forums & being able to do/edit graphics for my fellow players is cool.
I do play WoW (World of Warcraft), but this browser game reminds me more of when I used to play DnD (the original board game & 20 die not the MMO 3D version) & I loved playing that.
It like this game, lets you use your imagination and creates a fantasy world where its just fun to be.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#27 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:35

What makes ME keep coming back to play Fallen Sword?

1) The many people i meet and make friends with.
2) Concept of the game is so UNIQUE where there's always that element of surprise.
3) Support Crew that LISTEN and always making innovations for the improvement of the game.

** As a player i really want to extend my gratitude to HCS and its crew for making this game as such, please KEEP it up **

#28 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:22

As per the topic subject - what makes you keep coming back to play Fallen Sword?

Strong, creative personalities.

I don't think you will see many people coming back to play FS, if you keep banning personalities that other players like. Have some respect for players who created some interesting styles of playing and powerful guilds (== strong groups of friends with one philosophy) within your game. By banning the leaders of such groups or creative players you make FS less appealing. Another thing is how HCS Support treats the players, what kind of answer Phool got from it if he left the game after? He was a very active community builder and loved FS much, but left, surely not because of game changes. Look how many friends he had and people still remember him.

#29 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:43

The Community, although it's not as vibrant as it once was.

Events are what I live for in this game. From Global to Legendary. The first legendary event I participated in this game was so much fun.. and profitable.

I like that the game developers listen to the players suggestions and involve them in a lot of going ons of the game. I think that is very important.

I've played this game since 07.. I would hate to see it ever die off because of lack of members or whatever. I think if we came together as a community, brainstormed, and came up with ideas to make this game thrive again, that more and more people will find this game as appealing as we who still play it do.

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:02

Force of habit.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:13

Force of habit.

In a thread full of constructive feedback, this is not.

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:21

In a thread full of constructive feedback, this is not.

No, perhaps not. However I did answer Hoof's question as honestly as I could. I looked at the other thread, the one in which Hoof asked us what you guys could do to make us want to invite friends. I must have spent ten minutes just looking at the screen and thinking, I can't think of anything, well anything that isn't a completely new aspect or complete overhaul of standing mechanics.

Although, if you actually stop and consider my 'Force of habit' post, it's actually quite a complimentary thing. Albeit complimentary of how good this game used to be of 'hooking' players. Not so sure it still retains those qualities though. Sorry if my post isn't what you'd like to hear Grim, I merely answered honestly...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:34

I merely answered honestly...

Fair enough. However, as I said, everyone else has at least tried to be constructive, which is what we need.

#34 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:59

Community
The players/people you meet is definitely one of the main reasons to return to the game

Variation
There are many aspects to the game to try out and excel in. In terms of other browser based games this appears to have more to offer than the rest.
However, the variation is not forced on any players, they can enjoy the aspects they like the most.

Accessibility
As its a browser based game its easily accessible. I travel a lot with work and always have my laptop and phone with me to log in and check whats happening.

Additions
HCS you do try and work things out eventually (although not always on time) in terms of bugs.
You are always adding new aspects to the game and 'special events' which is great. Please continue to do so.

Feedback
Feedback is vital, and you do well to ask for feedback constantly. However there should be a point where you make the judgement call as its your game and not always listen to the minority on the forums. Players are not always very respectful of your game and work and this makes many avoid these forums like the plague. So, the opinions of all players are not heard at all.

Thoughts
You should police the forum and delete all posts that are not constructive.
Play the game more, which I know you have been doing more. But the understanding of gear and sets that work is useful when adding new gear with certain stats.

#35 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:24

The only few ones of my friends that still play is what makes me log in so I can talk with them. I like the global events, but always when there is events, it goes really slow for me.

#36 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 22:09

What about adding a FallenSword chat? An official one that is easily accessable and worked into the theme of Fallen Sword. I know it can't be that difficult to do.

The IRC chat doesnt count. That's individually run and nobody even goes to it or knows about it. I think an official chat room linked off the FS Home page would do a lot to increase interest among new and old players. It would keep people around and discussing the game. Maybe even form some new relationships and bonds amongst players/developers as a community.

#37 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 22:33

As per the topic subject - what makes you keep coming back to play Fallen Sword?

I don't think you will see many people coming back to play FS, if you keep banning personalities that other players like. Have some respect for players who created some interesting styles of playing and powerful guilds (== strong groups of friends with one philosophy) within your game. By banning the leaders of such groups or creative players you make FS less appealing. Another thing is how HCS Support treats the players, what kind of answer Phool got from it if he left the game after? He was a very active community builder and loved FS much, but left, surely not because of game changes. Look how many friends he had and people still remember him.

This is a very true sentiment. I know of a few very popular players who got banned for one reason or another, and neither of the reasons were cheating. These were indeed players that were well respected in the community. I'll point to the first couple player of the year votes to illustrate this. These players received votes, even though they were banned from the game. I'm not sure you could let them back in at this point, but instead learn from the past.

With that said, I come back for the community interaction. I enjoy almost every aspect of the game, but without the friends I've made it wouldn't be enough to keep me logging on and going without sleep during events.

#38 Nectar

Nectar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 00:29

What I think applies to most people is the sense of real community they feel in this game. I know for a fact that this game makes much more personal connections with people than other games; where other games treat people just as names, here you develop lasting friendships which makes you want to stay. Also, I think people don't want to leave after they've spent half their wallets on this game :D

So, that being said, the most important thing I see is the community, and the concept of guilds (a nice way of getting introduced to a large number of people quickly). The faster a new player can be put into a guild, or get a mentor of some sort, the higher chance they have of staying (or so I think).

^ Perfectly said. Couldnt agree more. That is about it though to be honest.

#39 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:09

This is a very true sentiment. I know of a few very popular players who got banned for one reason or another, and neither of the reasons were cheating. These were indeed players that were well respected in the community. I'll point to the first couple player of the year votes to illustrate this. These players received votes, even though they were banned from the game. I'm not sure you could let them back in at this point, but instead learn from the past.

I'm sorry, I disagree... Players get banned for a multitude of reasons, not only cheating. HCS, for the most part, seem to give everyone a "3 strikes and you're out" policy and we, as "on-lookers" don't know the whole ins and outs of why someone gets banned.

Strong personalities are fine, personalities that repeatedly break the rules aren't.

#40 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:35

Hmm banning popular players is always going to create negative sentiment ..yet I know of other games who use a different system instead of banning. they recently went past 2 million active players despite the game starting in 2001.Go Figure Currently there are players who have 5 strikes ....

The real negative nellies are the ones who do not want any change because that is the way it has always been done.

Listening to people who want change out of self interest and pandering to them has done a lot of damage to this game also regardless of whether they pvp level arena Titan.Whatever happens has to be available to all not just a few because they have uber connections or live 500 metres from the servers....

Also you want players FIX the lag simple no one is going to play a game that lags in this day and age just starting up. when they can play 3 d scrolling games with no lag servers in every country they are played in and growing communities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: