27 replies to this topic

#21 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2015 - 21:49

Like vastilos, I am also from Canadia.  When we shop online from the US, we don't pay applicable state sales tax.  Similarly, as hades stated, we should not be paying VAT in purchases in the UK. 

vastilos, how are you making payment? VISA, M/C, etc?

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2015 - 23:55

DP calls it Canadia :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:26

Like vastilos, I am also from Canadia.  When we shop online from the US, we don't pay applicable state sales tax.  Similarly, as hades stated, we should not be paying VAT in purchases in the UK. 

DP

see now thats a the problem its not that you should be paying vat as you should. the law changed to cover all online bussiness regardess if they was VAT registered or not ie if they hit the threshold of income..now its been changed if you make a pound you have to be ..if a company was required to be vat registered anyway as they make enough money then they have to charge vat thats the law is no getting around it if a company sells goods no matter the goods and is vat registered which hcs is then tax is applied ..the tax man expects his slice if your own country charges you tax aswell take it up with them

#24 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 00:29

DP

I pay with a Credit Card. And when I buy anything from the U.S. I only pay my applicable taxes. Also, in December 2014 I bought 110 fsp for $20 plus tax which totaled $22.60 (since I pay 13% tax) but when I bought 110 fsp this year, I paied $26. If it wasn't for another MMO I play that was kind enough to inform its players of the new VAT law and we should expect the extra 20% tax on top of what we pay for stuff in the game, I wouldn't have known why there was an increase in prices.

Edited by vastilos, 04 February 2015 - 03:06.

#25 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:24

Just bought some dots using PayPal. Wanted to see what the fuss was about.

I bought 110 dots for 20.00, and my total cost was 20.00.

Maybe PayPal is the way to go?

#26 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:31

Does this affect those who live in America? I'm not paying taxes to support another country, that's for sure.

#27 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:58

Does this affect those who live in America? I'm not paying taxes to support another country, that's for sure.

lol made me laugh when ever you purchase items from around the world if that country has tax then you generally pay it ..now if you read this thread you would see hoof already said all prices have always included VAT and no price change has taken place maybe its not hcs charging tax but the method of payment as paypal doesnt to cost anything etc

Edited by hades8840, 04 February 2015 - 08:59.

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:07

All the prices shown in our shop are inclusive of VAT (if applicable). This has always been the case and we haven't made any changes to our pricing.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: