#21 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 17:41

Thank you for the event's guys. :)

Seems like we are not going to make it beyond the silver tier this time in the global event. I guess people are recuperating their stamina after the XP event. Oh well... Can't be greedy. I will qualify towards the later stages of the event. 

Have fun all. :)

#22 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 22:23

Thank you for the event's guys. :)

Seems like we are not going to make it beyond the silver tier this time in the global event. I guess people are recuperating their stamina after the XP event. Oh well... Can't be greedy. I will qualify towards the later stages of the event. 

Have fun all. :)

Still plenty of time for it to go further - but, that said, I'm not overly fussed either way on these events.

I kill the critters in frag globals without any Global Booster, so I get, on average, 1800/1900 common frags per 1K kills.

So, I earn far more frags from the actual killing than the reward containers - just gotta have the time (and patience) to do it that way.

Edited by Pardoux, 09 July 2016 - 22:25.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#23 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 22:39

Still plenty of time for it to go further - but, that said, I'm not overly fussed either way on these events.

I kill the critters in frag globals without any Global Booster, so I get, on average, 1800/1900 common frags per 1K kills.

So, I earn far more frags from the actual killing than the reward containers - just gotta have the time (and patience) to do it that way.

I do much the same. I farm one of the x5 kill creatures in other global events for frags. Takes a long time to farm that way one kill by one. My patience doesn't really exist so usually it takes me a couple of goes to burn all of my stamina farming.

For the next time I do this when nearer full stam I invested in two blazing fire opal potion's to hopefully increase the frags I can get from farming. However I am unsure just how much this may help. Whether it is worth that investment. Have you any experience using this potion to farm? Care to illuminate an idiot? :)

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 22:47

I do much the same. I farm one of the x5 kill creatures in other global events for frags. Takes a long time to farm that way one kill by one. My patience doesn't really exist so usually it takes me a couple of goes to burn all of my stamina farming.

For the next time I do this when nearer full stam I invested in two blazing fire opal potion's to hopefully increase the frags I can get from farming. However I am unsure just how much this may help. Whether it is worth that investment. Have you any experience using this potion to farm? Care to illuminate an idiot? :)

I'd never heard of the pot but dayum, BIG pot to use for frag globals.

I personally just go as naked as possible (to cut down on repair costs), use a composing AM / CONS / LF / Lady Luck potion (plus, obviously, an FI) and buff UB, SSI and Reckoning.

Just using those pots, I seem to get 1800 or so commons / 1K kills - so that's more than adequate return for me :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 23:09

I personally just go as naked as possible (to cut down on repair costs), use a composing AM / CONS / LF / Lady Luck potion (plus, obviously, an FI) and buff UB, SSI and Reckoning.

I have previously used a crystal leveling draft for conserve 500 (575 after distil) and AM 450 (518 after distil). An FI1000 (1150 after distil) and a cave potion of reckoning (230 after distil) as well as an LL200 (230 after distil). Generally I stay in usual offline kit but use UB200. Though if I am to use this potion I may skip UB and deal with repair costs as compromising potion efficiency with reckoning probably costs a great deal more. :)

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:05

I have previously used a crystal leveling draft for conserve 500 (575 after distil) and AM 450 (518 after distil). An FI1000 (1150 after distil) and a cave potion of reckoning (230 after distil) as well as an LL200 (230 after distil). Generally I stay in usual offline kit but use UB200. Though if I am to use this potion I may skip UB and deal with repair costs as compromising potion efficiency with reckoning probably costs a great deal more. smile.png

I use all the pots you mentioned except for reckoning and UB, I just use the regular buffs.

I wear 3 items, the bat, whatever epic will give me the stats and Samaels boots for the Master Smith bonus to cut down on repair costs.

#27 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 18:57

I don't think we're going that far on this one.

I do expect some will come in at the end to go for the global 100.

I hope those getting composed pots from their Guildies make an effort.

In any case, the GE was good for me, really pumped my commons.

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:42

Hi there everyone,

The Legendary beasts that have been plaguing the land have been driven off by the valiant Heroes of the Realms! How long will the beasts stay away?

The Demonic Pinatas are still around at this point, and shall be until 19:00 (Server Time) on the 13th of July 2016. 

We hope you all enjoyed this part of event!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#29 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:12

After a really slow start the total has really picked up. Kind of weird that over the weekend when one would assume people had the most spare time the total dwindled but over Monday and Tuesday the total increased a lot. Odd but I'm not complaining...

With just under 7 hours remaining do we think there is any chance of crystal tier? All those guys wanting a top 100 spot? We can only hope. :P

Great job everyone. :)

#30 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 19:27

Believe it is done, so congrats FS Community. I truly believe that FS players who do not compose went out of their way to help their composers.

I've always said this is the biggest "community" event. I'm amazed we made Crystal.

Of course, that said, we are not really sure it's over.

The auto-programming is gone. The Top Contributors

http://www.fallenswo...cmd=globalquest

(Sorry, apparently there are issues with the FS Forum atm)

have been tallied. I hit a couple more Piñatas to double check and the kills were NOT added to the top 100 list.

Many thanks for the event HCS... I think that, based on the outcome, everyone appreciated it.

I know this a complicated event but more and more I see people helping their own composers. The Crystal level was something I truly didn't expect.

Thanks out to everyone who contributed.

Suggestions:

HCS, please take with a grain of salt, I realize that your international game has Scottish office hours, but....

So far, it looks like the auto programming is "working", but the FS Community doesn't have any announcement that the event is over.

Us oldies can figure, but think on the new blood, hopefully increased by the "imminent" app thingie.

I don't care and won't ask for payment. It'd be cool, but hey, I get it.

Something I would like to see added to auto to avoid human error is the despawn of creatures though. They're still out there and could lead to confusion.

All in all, a great positive this run for the game I think. Just adding my two cents to smooth things over.

Thanks to HCS for the event, to the players that smacked whether for their direct benefit or the indirect benefit from their composers.

Game-wide, the counter-inflation on MP was, as always, excellent... and every player in FS benefits from that.

All-in-all, many thanks!

#31 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 19:50

Nice job on the global everyone!

Guess we are waiting until tomorrow to receive the rewards <_<

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 19:52

Nice job on the global everyone!
Guess we are waiting until tomorrow to receive the rewards dry.png

"Oddly" enough, I didn't mention that in post #30... I don't trust machines and don't think it's an issue.... scratch that... "major issue." ,oP

#33 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:03

if I may ask if this was possible or even a good idea:

• "pop-up shop" to buy GE-weapons

please add a "pop-up"-window that appears during Global Events when there is a weapon required to kill the mobs !!!

place the "pop-up"-shop on the left side UNDER "log-out" for EVERYONE to see & to buy !!!

Lha6kHe.png

even though the location of the shop is on the NEWS page I get many players (especially new ones) asking where to get the weapon & even how to get there !!!

• GE mobs are NOT showing while DOUBLER is active

I have heard from many players that they accidentally killed the GE mobs while they were leveling with DOUBLER (NOT Global Booster)

I know the FSH has the feature ("do not kill list") BUT not everyone is using the FSH, especially NEW players !!!

I think these 2 suggestions will be helpful (later for the mobile app too when players are doing globals or hunting)

Edited by mary4ever, 14 July 2016 - 01:03.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:36

please add a "pop-up"-window that appears during Global Events when there is a weapon required to kill the mobs !!!

place the "pop-up"-shop on the left side UNDER "log-out" for EVERYONE to see & to buy !!!

Lha6kHe.png

even though the location of the shop is on the NEWS page I get many players (especially new ones) asking where to get the weapon & even how to get there !!!

I have heard from many players that they accidentally killed the GE mobs while they were leveling with DOUBLER (NOT Global Booster)

I know the FSH has the feature ("do not kill list") BUT not everyone is using the FSH, especially NEW players !!!

I think these 2 suggestions will be helpful (later for the mobile app too when players are doing globals or hunting)

Idea 1 - LOVE it - so simple, but so effective.

Idea 2 - Hmm, folk just mindlessly click 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-R these days. Maybe this'll teach 'em to pay more attention to what they're doing. Remember back in the day, there were several levels with VERY similar sounding critters on 'em (as in 2 different ones on a map) that you HAD to take notice of what you were hitting)

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:07

Hi there!

Congrats to the Fallen Sword community for unlocking the Crystal Tier in the Global Event! Once again the community worked together as a team to achieve this!

If you qualified during the event, your reward is now awaiting collection in your character mailbox :)

We hope you all enjoyed the event!

Note: You can see the 'Top 100 Global Quest Contributors' for this event by clicking here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#36 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 23:28

Thanks for the event.

If and when can Hoof add numbers to the Top 100 pop up from the world screen please?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#37 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 18:06

Lha6kHe.png

I kind of doubt that even the pop-up would help.

We can teach them to read though, lol.

In any case, I'm against this idea. Some players go to the correct place and sell the items in the AH for gold for those who do not wish to use their stam.

I'd definitely like to see "do not kill list" added to the regular game features along with everything else in FSH of course.

As far as I know (and could be wrong), iPhones only support the Safari navigator which I believe FSH doesn't work for.

Would be key to update the game with long-standing FSH options that players like, before the app goes live.

#38 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 21:58

Lha6kHe.png

+1

both are good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: