Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2012 - 23:26

I think this is cool idea.

I think it would be good to make it cost gold each time you created an item from it though.

#22 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:53

I think it would be good to make it cost gold each time you created an item from it though.

Your call on the gold Hoof, I guess if you wanted to sink gold as well you could have a set amount of gold tied to each level of MIXING?

50-50k gold
100-100k gold

#23 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:24

Your call on the gold Hoof, I guess if you wanted to sink gold as well you could have a set amount of gold tied to each level of MIXING?

50-50k gold
100-100k gold

that would defeat the point imo adding gold to the mix would put some off after all getting rid of items is better benefit then a gold sink making it so all items can be used instead of set items makes it future proof for when new sets are added... and that in itself would sink gold cause more ppl would scavenge and at least get something back when the market was flooded again

#24 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:46

50-50k gold
100-100k gold

that would defeat the point imo adding gold to the mix would put some off after all getting rid of items is better benefit then a gold sink making it so all items can be used instead of set items makes it future proof for when new sets are added... and that in itself would sink gold cause more ppl would scavenge and at least get something back when the market was flooded again

I would rather keep it simple and not have gold deter people as well, but it is hoof's decision. I just want some simple way to sink items and create more events :)

#25 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2012 - 18:28

+1 to this idea, there are far too many old sets in the game which many guilds and individuals own which you cannot even give away these days, and those said people spent a heck of a lot of fsp/gold on when these sets were once worth something. Prime examples are the older SE & LE sets. It would be nice for these guilds/individuals to be able to reap some sort of payback or reward for keeping these sets especially if they are fully forged.

Seems daft when having a guild clear out and the stuff that was once worth 100's of FSP cannot even be sold for single figures fsp...

I am sure my guild is not alone in stating the above about guild clear outs and how impossible they are these days.

#26 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 September 2012 - 23:23

+1 to this idea, there are far too many old sets in the game which many guilds and individuals own which you cannot even give away these days, and those said people spent a heck of a lot of fsp/gold on when these sets were once worth something. Prime examples are the older SE & LE sets. It would be nice for these guilds/individuals to be able to reap some sort of payback or reward for keeping these sets especially if they are fully forged.

Seems daft when having a guild clear out and the stuff that was once worth 100's of FSP cannot even be sold for single figures fsp...

I am sure my guild is not alone in stating the above about guild clear outs and how impossible they are these days.

Agreed! Ever since SH + Coord Attack was introduced items that aren't part of a set have become pointless. So all that high damage gear we have sitting around is no longer useful and also no longer worth anything.

But i for one also love this idea! I would vote to keep the gold out of it, and if that isn't an option to keep it gold free at least make it a minimal amount.

#27 spons369

spons369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:43

Well i like the idea, its something new which can only benefit the game as items would get some value again. Nice work Leos and Hades! Work something out HCS :D

#28 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:49

Thought I would go into a little more detail or expand on the idea now to keep the original post simple and to the point.

This is suggestions for items at each Tier.

MIX @50 points an equal chance that you will get 1 of these items:
-Doubler 1000
-Arterial Strike 250
-Spell Leach 250
-Counter Attack 200
-Side Step 250

Mix @100 points an equal chance to get any of the 50 point items as well as:
-Animal Magnetism 300
-Quest Finder 300
-Stalker 250
-Extend 250

MIX @200 points an equal chance to get any item from 100 and 50 as well as:
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000

Mix @500 Points an equal chance to get any item from 200,100, and 50 as well as:
-A Level 500 Epic Boots
-Doubler 1500
-Conserve 400
-Coordinated Attack 500

Just to put some of the numbers into perspective:
-Chance to get an Epic- 6% after sinking either 50 Elite items, 25 SE items, 20 LE items or a combo of the 3.

-Chance to get the 50 point items 20% each, but at the cost of 5 Elite Items, 2.5 SE items or 2 LE items

-Chance to get 100 point items 11% each, at the cost of 10 Elite items, 5 SE or 4 LE items

This process really has potential to clean out the game of many of the unused items and allow for MANY future events from the cows I just hope they see this and act soon :)

i really like the concept but am looking at the prizes you have suggested

the equivalent of 2X epics for
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000
is way to high i would say a hole new set of pots and items you cant get from drops or the caves with all new item type like "enchanted Epic"

this will give an incentive to drop the epics

#29 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:55

I like this idea, a lot.

But maybe HCS can create a way to benefit Crafted and Forged itens, maybe Something like that:

1F = 2
2F = 4
3F = 6
4F = 8
FF = 10

Uncrafted = 0
Very Poor, Poor = 1
Average, Good, Very Good = 2
Excellent = 3
Perfect = 5

Elite itens = 10 points.
FF Elite item = 20 points.
FF Perfect Elite Item = 25 points.

What you guys think about that?

#30 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:58

Have you thought about giving 1 point for champion items?

#31 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:09

They have something like this in another game where items are worth so many points and you can only put in an item once a day

#32 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:10

for some reason i initially read "composting"

and it made sense :P

#33 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:11

quick response:

Congrats and tanks out to leo*hugs and kisses*(someone wanted to get rid of numbers, lol).... great idea.

I always favor gold sinks for the good of all FS... especially new players who can no longer buy FSP in the MP. So I would like even a token amount of gold to be involved. I do however understand the idea of simplicity but doubt it would be a deterrent to people actually doing this. HCS could set up gold costs according to the pots or something along those lines so that rewards that lower levels would use could afford it. Just a thought... again... I'm stubbornly in favor of gold sinks.

That said, it has been suggested numerous times that HCS return to doing at least a few "in realm" LEs each year (again, I suggest once every three months). If they continue to insist on not doing this, then maybe the caves can replace the gold sink as they are the only way to get LE items nowadays. I'm all for that.

As far as items becoming "worthless".... well... yeah... without trying to be disrespectful to those that buy items expecting to resell them at some point.... experience shows that isn't a great bet. Purchase accordingly.

I'm also reticent to what I consider to be a "large number" of points assigned to spine items. Keep in mind that HCS finally got back to the original point that these items are "temporary". I see a lot of 0 durability stuff getting points... I'm not sure that's the point or is positive.

Anyway, just my quick two cents... I realize a lot of this is just rambling... just trying to throw thoughts in the mix...

Again, great idea... thumbs up!

E

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:18

Nice idea, Possibly forges could count towards the point total? ( or not, I dunno).

Some of the potion suggestions have already been mentioned as possible ideas for ladder, arena, etc. Some of them ( level 1000 buffs) are also WAY over powered.

No need for this cauldron to award *donator* potions. Ie: the ones you get when 60$ is spent. If that happens, then we will see donator pots be less tempting, which means hcs makes more and more powerful potions ( which the game doesn't need imo)

Crystalline gear should't be worth a heck of alot , since broken gear will often be the first stuff used.

I don;t think we need new epics in the game via a cauldron, save that for titans and GvG.

Lastly, not sure if it;s been asked yet... Are these new potions bound? or no?

#35 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:27

nice lets see it in the game :)

#36 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:28

Crystalline gear should't be worth a heck of alot , since broken gear will often be the first stuff used.

Why not make Crystaline worth a number of points equal to the defined amount * % broken

eg: Spine gear with 1/100 durability = 25 * (1/100) = .25 of a point, rounded down to 0.
50/100 = 12.5 points. and so on and so fourth

#37 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:32

60$ potions can be used there too? hhaha ...for some crazy items maybe...and like this players donate $$ too....maybe Hoof will give us hes gear for limited time if we use 60$ potions...

#38 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:33

Why not make Crystaline worth a number of points equal to the defined amount * % broken

eg: Spine gear with 1/100 durability = 25 * (1/100) = .25 of a point, rounded down to 0.
50/100 = 12.5 points. and so on and so fourth

8) *thumbs up*

#39 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:54

I wonder though, if those epic boots should be crystalline -- or else eventually the system you propose could flood us with them one day.

Thought I would go into a little more detail or expand on the idea now to keep the original post simple and to the point.

This is suggestions for items at each Tier.

MIX @50 points an equal chance that you will get 1 of these items:
-Doubler 1000
-Arterial Strike 250
-Spell Leach 250
-Counter Attack 200
-Side Step 250

Mix @100 points an equal chance to get any of the 50 point items as well as:
-Animal Magnetism 300
-Quest Finder 300
-Stalker 250
-Extend 250

MIX @200 points an equal chance to get any item from 100 and 50 as well as:
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000

Mix @500 Points an equal chance to get any item from 200,100, and 50 as well as:
-A Level 500 Epic Boots
-Doubler 1500
-Conserve 400
-Coordinated Attack 500

Just to put some of the numbers into perspective:
-Chance to get an Epic- 6% after sinking either 50 Elite items, 25 SE items, 20 LE items or a combo of the 3.

-Chance to get the 50 point items 20% each, but at the cost of 5 Elite Items, 2.5 SE items or 2 LE items

-Chance to get 100 point items 11% each, at the cost of 10 Elite items, 5 SE or 4 LE items

This process really has potential to clean out the game of many of the unused items and allow for MANY future events from the cows I just hope they see this and act soon :)

#40 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:58

Would be cool to have Potions double epic items stats to make them bit more useful
new buffs might be better than high level current buffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: