#21 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:40

Good event, I didn't like the low spawn rate but since Its's a rare item I'm fine with that. Now only if there was more participation other than RA.

it's not fair :( , ffs win all the time :?

Hopefully when the new map system is fixed and working correctly for titans, and no more scripts are allowed, it wont be as easy for particular guilds anymore ;)

easy? :shock: it might be for those who have good connections and live close to servers but for those of us not as lucky it's relatively hard to get a bunch of kills on wickerman, the point i'm trying to make is that if a guild as small as RA can do quite well on a wickerman surely there's many other guilds out there(or collectively a bunch of individuals) who can do as good or better, from my point of view people are lacking the "I/we can" mentality, it's much easier to resort to pointing fingers than it is to go out and hunt wickerman.

#22 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:44

easy? :shock: it might be for those who have good connections and live close to servers but for those of us not as lucky it's relatively hard to get a bunch of kills on wickerman, the point i'm trying to make is that if a guild as small as RA can do quite well on a wickerman surely there's many other guilds out there(or collectively a bunch of individuals) who can do as good or better, from my point of view people are lacking the "I/we can" mentality, it's much easier to resort to pointing fingers than it is to go out and hunt wickerman.

Its why I said get rid of scripts ;) I'm not complaining lol. And not saying I/ We or pointing fingers :) I;d try titan hunting for sure. Just not against those with an unfair advantage. The new map system can hopefully fix that.

On the new map system EVERYONE will hopefully be on an even playing field. With no light walk or auto kill scripts. Then hopefully we shall see more players trying for titans. Currently tho..as ive seen on other threads, titans arent working correctly =/

#23 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:50

Its why I said get rid of scripts ;) I'm not complaining lol. And not saying I/ We or pointing fingers :) I;d try titan hunting for sure. Just not against those with an unfair advantage. The new map system can hopefully fix that.

hehe lol :lol: , was making a general comment, sorry about that, can't wait for the new map system to work completely since it's looking quite good atm and will give people as myself a better chance against the faster ones, hopefully on a more equal field.

#24 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 19:16

wickerman didn't spawn enough, take note for next year. 3x the spawns would be great.

#25 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 19:20

No i didnt enjoy it. It was just FFS v RA so ..... I tried to hunt the fawkes wickerman but it wasnt even on the same square for more than a second. So the playing field needs to be evened. Aka No more scripts that alter the game. Thats why HCS need to take over FSHelper. L*wd*g made a script which change titan hunting. Now that he has removed it only a certain amount of people have it. How is this fair.

Im not complaining just saying its unfair that anybody can make a script to make the game easier for them. Its like a cheat code.

Completely agree. I used L*wd*g's script and it allowed me to compete on an even playing field. Without it, I'm no match for top tier titan hunting guilds. On the last Wickerman spawn, I started at 4000 hp on him. I only got about 5% of the kills and I have a descent internet / reflexes. Most do not have that.

I'll still keep titan hunting because I enjoy it.

#26 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 19:23

Good event, I didn't like the low spawn rate but since Its's a rare item I'm fine with that. Now only if there was more participation other than RA.

Won't happen unless there is some better results from the average player. Otherwise, whats the incentive? burn all your stamina to get a few TKPs = takes years to exchange for an epic.

#27 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 19:26

Hopefully when the new map system is fixed and working correctly for titans, and no more scripts are allowed, it wont be as easy for particular guilds anymore ;)

RA specializes in titan hunting. I wouldn't discount them as a small guild. They are online a lot and have a good communication system. The top 2 titan hunting guilds are in a class of their own.

That being said, your point about other guilds working together to get some big numbers is valid. but scripts hurt this strategy still.

#28 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 23:16

Titans should have restrictions on them to prevent the same guild (will not name) from always getting the 50% or more kill rate on each titan due to a certain player/s obviously exploting a glitch/bug in the game (will not name). Titans need to have a this certain restriction on them to remain fair throughout fallensword. When a guild or a solo player gets a 50% or more kill rate on titans that drop items the members or solo person shall not be able to hunt the same titan the next time when it spawns. to reflect this a log message should appear in the player/players logs. stating that they cannot hunt the next titan and another when they can right when the titan they can hunt comes out. To promote fairness this is a must.

We have stated previously that we would not be implementing a block of this kind into the game at the moment.

No, so instead you hand out 3000 fsp items to 2 guilds, for 2200 kills on a low titan, and even extend the event so they can have some more.

Playing field is not even, this is known, scripting is known, and no matter how you look at it, if a script was made accessible to the whole of FS, and is now withdrawn, but presumably still (allowed to be) used by some, you can't be surprised we ask for a little more equality. And this is quite apart from any other help that is being used in killing these titans instantly from right across the board.

Blocking winners from competing for a few spawns, especially when it is supposed to be an EVENT, would have ensured this to be something accessible to a larger group, which I would have hoped was the very first objective of any game-developers.

#29 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:16

I had 1 fawkes kill during whole event :lol: so it was fun
All i want to say every tweak happened on titans such as delay,dynamic URL just made it worse for slow connection players and gave better advantage for fast connections players

#30 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:50

I had 1 fawkes kill during whole event :lol: so it was fun
All i want to say every tweak happened on titans such as delay,dynamic URL just made it worse for slow connection players and gave better advantage for fast connections players

Hehe, that makes 2 of us, I had 1 kill in the short time the titans worked on the New Map, then it broke, and they stayed in same position for minutes. Tried for 15 mins more, but impossible with old UI

#31 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:06

Something like:

Spawn 4 every 2 days (at different times on that day) and once a guild secures one, they cannot hit any of the other 3. Gives other guilds the chance to secure one and others to get a decent amount of TKP.

Doubt something like this will happen though, God forbid they wont be worth 3000fsp each anymore :roll:

#32 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:10

Something like:

Spawn 4 every 2 days (at different times on that day) and once a guild secures one, they cannot hit any of the other 3. Gives other guilds the chance to secure one and others to get a decent amount of TKP.

Doubt something like this will happen though, God forbid they wont be worth 3000fsp each anymore :roll:

Beats donating

#33 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:11

imo all other titans spawn rates should have been nerfed, or stop spawning entirely. and the wickerman should be the only titan that spawns during the span of the event. amp it up to around 20 spawns a week. that sounds more like an event...

#34 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:45

I'd only like to comment on this topic regarding how much this event really didn't effect me. I'm not an avid Titan hunter, certainly not for a Titan whose drop would do nothing for me except to sell the piece in the open market. So now I can go back to forgetting about it for another year. Thank you.

PS: The areas of Titan hunting and the Arena have made some players/guilds very 'in-game' wealthy. They've earned it! Just because some players can't compete shouldn't cause the devs to put restrictions in place to disallow the achievers their victories. Instead these players need to ask the devs to make another area of the game as lucrative so that they may have a chance to excel in an area that may behoove them. However, I doubt the effort will be put forth as it's easier to try and change the rules than actually do the work.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:21

allowed and impossible are two very different things unfortunately :? but hopefully it will be easy to track who is using them and not...

just a side note on all this 'script is a most' for titan hunting..HCS made it possible to have quick walk without the need for titanstride/lightwalk. i personally use the old UI and map because...well...I DON'T LIKE CHAAANNGE!!!..but i JUST noticed the quickwalk with regular FS after about the second fawkes i was lucky enough to be around for. i decided to only use titanstride for the auto reload map and grid. HOPEFULLY hcs will just implement this feature in the world map so there is no need for the script or the use of an autoreload addon/extension. i would like to mention that the quickwalk HCS implemented gave me no 'can only move one square blah blah blah' message NO matter how fast i hit the keys *thumbs up* noticed with titanstride, i would get this message ALL the time.

the first two fawkes i fought in were full of a stupid amount of lag. which i found weird because we can be fighting over an Oog with handfuls upon handfuls of players and get no lag..seems weird when you only have a handful of players fighting over a titan that is rapid spawning all over the map and the lag is brutal. don't know if the wickerman is buggy/laggy to begin with(some members didn't have any or much lag) or if certain scripts others are using are flooding certain servers too hard to induce the lag. i don't want to point fingers ;) :lol: but i noticed a lag spike when a couple certain members of a certain guild would join in the fight. would be interesting to know if their script is homemade and what their computer setup is :mrgreen: lol not saying they are 'cheating' but would just like to know if they are personally and manually issuing each movement and killing command.

all and all...we as a community need to come together and educate each other if we want titan hunting to be more fair and interesting. im always up to help out on tips and tricks with upcoming titan hunters. ill buff when i can afford the stamina and help out when possible. im in a guild that dominates alot of the titans. why? because theres no competition. we will secure, then others will pick off the remains. it's starting to lose its fun..but i guess it pays the bills *shrugs* lol...i know its gotta be tough and intimidating to fight against us /flex.. :P but with the right tools and computer parts, you can fight along us :)

personally i use google chrome, titanstride(thats been on my computer since it was introduced/updated..im trying to work on taking out everything from the code besides the map reload and grid which ill throw out there when i do) and my computer is 7 years old and has a SINGLE core...yes, sadly, a SINGLE core processor with about 1gig of ram lol integrated stock gpu which sucks lol so a crazy desktop isn't a most for keeping up, or kinda up lol, with the top hunters(but im about to build a new machine so hide yo kids and hide yo wifes!!) my internet connection is, i believe, a step up from average speed. between 5-8 mbps download and 1 upload...ping is usually around 30ms. there's some stuff i understand and others i don't lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: