79 replies to this topic

#21 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 14:39

The OP is not (to my reading) asking for a way out of PvP and is going to pains to clarify he/she has no problem with PvP as an aspect of the game.

The concern seems to be with the new system that was supposed to make such farming of PvP targets less likely. He/she is seeking input on the situation.

What I get from yet another thread like this:

1. The Bounty Board is NOT an effective means of "retribution" or PvP "defense". And PLEASE stop trying to point to others' guild as proof of this. I have never and will never ask my guildmates to fight my fights for me. I suspect a lot of other people feel the same way. I don't ask them to buy my AH stuff to protect me from losses, nor do I ask them to sell my gold, etc. The Board needs some re-thinking.

2. Epics and off-line gear REALLY REALLY REALLY need to be updated. You're as safe totally naked as you would be in most "off-line" gear with some of these buffs and gears out there. I'm fortunate to be able to afford my own opt-out, but many can't, much less the requisite gears or buffs/potions to have a fighting chance. That needs to change.

3. I still like the idea of actually hunting down players on the maps. Give players bonuses for hitting players they are actually ON. More gold, more xp, maybe even some stam BACK. Something. It would add a new wrinkle to PvP and maybe wake up some of those sleeping giants out there just waiting for stam to fill.

#22 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 November 2011 - 14:46

I agree maybe if for purposes of the ladder you can use the find pvp target and get prestige and pvp rating but if you actually find a player on the map you can take gold and XP and hell increase the amount lost by the losing player and let the winning player siphon XP

#23 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 30 November 2011 - 14:51

3. I still like the idea of actually hunting down players on the maps. Give players bonuses for hitting players they are actually ON. More gold, more xp, maybe even some stam BACK. Something. It would add a new wrinkle to PvP and maybe wake up some of those sleeping giants out there just waiting for stam to fill.

Do I sit in the cathedral of ways or do I go camp on my enemies relic?

#24 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2011 - 14:56

The OP is not (to my reading) asking for a way out of PvP and is going to pains to clarify he/she has no problem with PvP as an aspect of the game.

The concern seems to be with the new system that was supposed to make such farming of PvP targets less likely. He/she is seeking input on the situation.

What I get from yet another thread like this:

1. The Bounty Board is NOT an effective means of "retribution" or PvP "defense". And PLEASE stop trying to point to others' guild as proof of this. I have never and will never ask my guildmates to fight my fights for me. I suspect a lot of other people feel the same way. I don't ask them to buy my AH stuff to protect me from losses, nor do I ask them to sell my gold, etc. The Board needs some re-thinking.

2. Epics and off-line gear REALLY REALLY REALLY need to be updated. You're as safe totally naked as you would be in most "off-line" gear with some of these buffs and gears out there. I'm fortunate to be able to afford my own opt-out, but many can't, much less the requisite gears or buffs/potions to have a fighting chance. That needs to change.

1: The bounty board is also not "insta punishment". In this game to pvp you spend stam. Be that stam in attacking for gold, or stam in laying a beatdown on the board.

In this game hits are bountyable, be it a gold hit or a bounty hit.RISK.

Board IS fine. You just said your self you dont want your guild to support you? Thats the issue.

2:Choosing to gain more stam an hour opens a player up to becoming an easier pvp AND gvg target. Can't have your cake and eat it too ;)

3: Sigmastorm! ooh.. wait.. :| that game died. Horribly

#25 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 16:08

Sure, and I want to level without actually leveling. I can, but i'm not willing to pay the costs. So I have to level instead. PvP opt out is close to free compared to leveling opt out. If you're not willing to pay, then play the game. Friends teaming up to buff, level, PvP, GvG, titan hunt etc is sort of the point of the game. Or so it seems to me.

#26 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 16:53

PvP is Person vs Person...
If it wasn't like that then there's a lack of skills for who cant go as person vs another person... Nothing you can do but laugh at this really skilled player and insist to fight 1 vs 10 that will earn some respect to yourself :) .

#27 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 November 2011 - 17:46

1) Join a better guild then. If you have a great set-up + buffed around the clock, I doubt anyone is going to see you as an "easy" target.

2) Buy PvP Protection if you really dislike PvP that much. You avoid ever being hit, however it will cost you a lot of FSP.

What I would do:

Start 100 stam hitting that person or said persons back. If you show them its more "costly" to hit you than its worth, then the attacks should stop.

Also, get some guild alliances to help you retaliate, if needed. I've made tons of friends through alliances. Try it.

SIDENOTE: There have been MANY threads like this in the past. It is the ever present leveler VS PvPer argument.

#28 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 18:18

It is a shame no one can see the attackers name.

Reading the original thread, there is no reason why a straight bonafide PvPer would 100stam a player 10 times in a day, for no goldgain whatsoever, and with no guildreason or personal animosity being behind it.

Regardless whether you are for or against PvP, I would think everybody would agree the above behaviour is definitely not the norm.

Yes there are some players who just arbitrarily pick on someone to make them feel good in one way or another, I do not think it is usual behavior for any member of the so-called PvPing guilds or community, that being goldhits, ladderhits, helping friends, guildretribution or messages, or retribution for any actions on the part of the individual player or someone of their guild.

#29 cemilabi

cemilabi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 19:20

PvP or harassment? Where is the line?

10:47 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,060,883 Gold lost:9 Gold stolen:7

07:38 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,006,723 Gold lost:8 Gold stolen:6

05:40 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:901,917 Gold lost:2 Gold stolen:2

03:58 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:906,601 Gold lost:6 Gold stolen:5

02:03 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,004,712 Gold lost:6 Gold stolen:5

01:03 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,015,747 Gold lost:1 Gold stolen:1

00:03 29/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,035,803 Gold lost:8 Gold stolen:6

05:36 28/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,066,418 Gold lost:3 Gold stolen:3

02:06 28/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:1,001,073 Gold lost:285 Gold stolen:214

00:53 28/Nov/2011 You were defeated by xxxxxxx in combat. XP stolen:989,735 Gold lost:222 Gold stolen:167 Prestige gain:10

Oh i see you ask a question that you already know the answer. But as you can see that attacks have a big philosophy behind it. I guess the above game philosophers explain that philosophy well. So i m sure that you are now believe this attacker have respect to you and s/he only hit you for seeing you in a guild that can protect you and/or s/he see that you need some more fsps to play so s/he is just trying to warn you about it.. So you should thank him/her for using his/her staminas to teach you something new :wink:

#30 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2011 - 20:48

If it wasn't like that then there's a lack of skills for who cant go as person vs another person... Nothing you can do but laugh at this really skilled player and insist to fight 1 vs 10 that will earn some respect to yourself :) .

1 player can't take 5 levels on the BB ;) Unless you wish it was like that again? ( and that was only for high levels, low levels took alot more hits to delevel)

#31 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:02

PvP is Player vs Player...there arent many of us left anymore...just ones calling themselves PvPers and destroying PvP a shame really...doing just what is done to this guy really uncalled for

#32 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:11

1 player can't take 5 levels on the BB ;) Unless you wish it was like that again? ( and that was only for high levels, low levels took alot more hits to delevel)

Not talking about bounty board cuz its not part of pvp its just punishment board..im talking about pvp when some guild use their members and guild allies just to hourly hit one person or two .. so this person cant play this unfair fight 10 persons vs 1 person .
just saying its hard to find someone will go 1 v 1
so its just about quantity not a quality :wink:

#33 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:13

you hit the nail on the head shindrak...its because they cant they dont wanna lose precious xp so they need a large group or as i like to call it pvp protection lol...they know alone they arent that good nothing new

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:21

you hit the nail on the head shindrak...its because they cant they dont wanna lose precious xp so they need a large group or as i like to call it pvp protection lol

Ahhh.. sigh... trolling.. again. Are you ever constructive? Or just bitter all_the_time? *HUG*

Precious xp? U lock after each hunt, right? But you're hardcore. You bounty pvp hits, and gvg the player back. But you're hardcore. You rant in a bio and brag about pvp wins etc. But you're hardcore. You taunt players in pm messages. Yet, again , you are *wait for it* legendary. :lol:

Seriously, you crave attention, and when you dont get much..you run to the forums ranting about pvp is being destroyed! A certain group is hiding behind protection! Taunting players. yadda yadda!

Grow up. And start being constructive on threads for once.

#35 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:23

lol theres one now...i dont need 57 friends to fight my battle...thats not pvp but i guess we have different opinions on pvp...point is some need help others do not...u say my ideas arent constructive just because i dont agree with yours...i got news for u...u wont tell me what to do or intimadate me with attacks for not agreeing with your views...im my own person if u cant handle i disagree with u thats your problem 8)

#36 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:27

lol theres one now...i dont need 57 friends to fight my battle...thats not pvp but i guess we have different opinions on pvp...point is some need help others do not

57? sure its not 58? 59? tomorrow it might be 100 according to you :lol:

We have different opinions..yep.Difference is I dont run to the forums taunting particular players or guilds trying to get a rise or reportable response out of them. And again.. last i checked, in order to take 5 on the bb ( since unfortunately there is a level range on off the board hits) It requires more then 1 person to take 5 levels. ;)

Don;t like being hit by more then 1 player? Don;t be ignorant, taunt, insult, and goad them into wanting to do so.

#37 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:28

point is some need help

QFT

#38 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:29

and another one

#39 cemilabi

cemilabi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:32

o this person cant play this unfair fight 10 persons vs 1 person .
just saying its hard to find someone will go 1 v 1 :wink:

Ohhh..i guess i totaly missed the point..is there another "xxx hit me i should run to my guild to ask for their help (cant remember the exact sentence but it was something like that, sorry)" situation? :lol:

Precious xp? U lock after each hunt, right? But you're hardcore. You bounty pvp hits, and gvg the player back. But you're hardcore. You rant in a bio and brag about pvp wins etc. But you're hardcore. You taunt players in pm messages. Yet, again , you are *wait for it* legendary.

Same diseased logic that shindrak described above.

#40 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:42

57? sure its not 58? 59? tomorrow it might be 100 according to you :lol:

bring as many as u want i plan on 5 lost per bounty anyway no clears asked for why u ask because i am hardcore....try bountying me when im online to defend (But u wont will u) we both know why because i am HARDCORE and ur friends dont like a challenge like i do they want easy target 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: