#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,876 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2016 - 17:26

as much as I would ♥ to see an addition to increase PvP activity, IMO it would be better to 1st take care of the OP skills, especially composing since they have greatly (negatively) affected PvP (PvP Ladder, BB, ....) & GvG !!!

As we've stated, we are happy with Composing as it is. Please do not derail this topic.

#22 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 18:06

I remember the poll on seasons, it was keeps this one or revert back.

Strange as it might be to believe, I voted to keep it because I saw promise in it. 

Not something I would take part in but promise none the less.

I think a few more adjustments with a little more player input and the player base MIGHT have liked it.

there were issues with seasons, just as there are with many other updates

the biggest being an issue with XP loss in PvP, which was fixed but the damage was done

IMO not enough time was spent fixing the issues and letting players grow to enjoy seasons as (what was sold to us as) a permanent change to the game

an error to only have had 2 options to the poll, yes or no, when many simply wanted to have the problems fixed 

#23 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 18:12

As I remember the extreme experience loss of seasons could be taken care of with a ticket to support.

I also remember they flipped and opt-out in there during the run time.

They were making changes on the fly as things came up, but it still had promise.

It reverted way to fast for things to shake out, it could have used more time to let the dust settle.

Hunting was impossible during seasons, I had PvP protection in place and so just sat back and watched: Player, the home page, the shout box and here, mending when I needed to.

#24 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 18:45

if i remember correctly:

after seasons was started as a permanent change to the game; when someone attacked you they were, some hour(s) or so in the future, automatically put on the bounty board  

during the time before they were on the board you could put up extra gold, for the bounty hunters to collect

if you paid the max amount they were almost guaranteed a loss of 2 levels, very convenient for the average player

i remember the bounty board having some dozen pages at times

Edited by duktayp, 04 July 2016 - 18:46.

#25 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 20:28

Off topic post removed.

Edited by BigGrim, 05 July 2016 - 11:12.
Off topic post removed.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#26 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:44

It'll take a bit of work to make them work as a new feature, but I just want to be sure that we get it right with the input from the community. PvP has always been quite a contentious topic so I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on how they'd like to see it work as a global event.

Input from the community is dwindling because of a lack of evidence that the input actually leads to anything getting done in the game...

A few years ago I would have taken some time to really think this through and give some input, but I don't like wasting my time...

After seasons ended there was a lot of input on how to incorporate it as a global event that was obviously forgotten or ignored so whats the hope that anything here wouldn't be as well?

#27 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 13:59

Input from the community is dwindling because of a lack of evidence that the input actually leads to anything getting done in the game...

A few years ago I would have taken some time to really think this through and give some input, but I don't like wasting my time...

After seasons ended there was a lot of input on how to incorporate it as a global event that was obviously forgotten or ignored so whats the hope that anything here wouldn't be as well?

Watch out your post is just going to be deleted or your entire thread for trying to get an answer >.>

I know epicpiety posted a thread last night was looking forward to reading it this morning but it got deleted.

Edited by Tegwean, 05 July 2016 - 14:00.

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,876 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 14:19

Stay on topic please.

#29 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 14:49

maybe a re-introduction of what seasons was, to re-acquaint those that have forgotten, as well as those that have started playing in the last year and wonder what we're talking about

in its' intended form with all the bugs worked out it might gain support as an event if not a permanent change

#30 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,876 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 14:57

I would like to see Seasons return as a kinda PvP Global Event of some kind.

#31 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 15:00

Does this mean that there is a chance of it coming back in that format soon?

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,876 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 15:06

Hey.

Well, as Hoofmaster said, it'd need a bit of adapting.

#33 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 15:24

How would that work we work together to beat up each other to get a global reward?

#34 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 05 July 2016 - 16:54

Hey.

Well, as Hoofmaster said, it'd need a bit of adapting.

Would that mean that then Devs would look into the community's feedback into what they think needs a twist,

or do you guys have something in mind?

Edited by Corrupted, 05 July 2016 - 17:07.

#35 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 18:12

I like Belaric's idea @post #18. I am fully against auto-BB, as I think that's against the nature of PvP in general.

However, I would be "ok" with that only for this event as long as any BB hits are bountyable as normal.

Perhaps, that does not have to affect seasons' stats.

an error to only have had 2 options to the poll, yes or no, when many simply wanted to have the problems fixed

Agree.

Fully agree which leads me to:

No problem! Happy to chat about how it could be tweaked to work in the game as an additional event that players can take part in smile.png

That sounds great Hoof. There is plenty of info on the Forum to go through as many have said.

I don't see the point here in rehashing it all until you get some interns to go through it and give you a report.

PvP has always been "contentious" due to an extreme lack of knowledge about the issue.

However, there are tons of comments from various types of players on the Forum to peruse.

At this point, I'd simply ask you to review it or have it reviewed.

If you need further input, summarize what you are thinking as viable in a new FS Forum post with your thoughts on what is viable.

More than enough feedback has been given.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it.

#36 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2016 - 19:28

Going to be posting up a new idea tomorrow which I think would work well for both PvP and the game in general :)

#37 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 20:35

Going to be posting up a new idea tomorrow which I think would work well for both PvP and the game in general :)

Glad to hear you have moved forward with this.

Will be happy to give constructive feedback if needed tomorrow.

#38 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 17:55

I'm quite curious to see what this idea involves. 

#39 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 06 July 2016 - 17:59

I've been refreshing the News page all day...

Pls Hoof D:

#40 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:15

I've been refreshing the News page all day...

Pls Hoof D:

Just need to type it up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: