Photo

Upcoming Achievements (and suggestions!)

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:49

- solo kill champion critters

Would this be a nice name for it?
"Another Champion bites the dust"?

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#22 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:51

Only question is will it be retroactive from the start of the guild/player's account or, start at 0 and work our way up? Either which way is great by me.

viewtopic.php?p=1242588#p1242588

#23 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:51

Another suggestion.

Some people may not want other players to see some things. Maybe a setting that you can turn on and off what achievements show up on your player and what doesn't. Kinda like the click box where you can choose which buffs can be cast on you.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#24 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:56

Where, and how, will the guild achievements be displayed ?

and, I asked this in another thread regarding the guild ones, how will they be allocated ?

Hopefully it WON'T just be a standard number of accomplishments, but a number that will be scaled to the number of active members in a guild (or even total number - that might give some guilds more incentive to get rid of all their inactives who prop up their guild XP - and yes, we're guilty of that too) and, maybe, to the level of the guild as well ?

#25 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:57

Ummm...

From the home page:

...achievements on the forum (we plan to add a lot of them!)

Clicking on the underlined link results in:

The requested topic does not exist.

Clicking on the scroll resulted in my being here. I'm thinking the URL on the text link needs to be fixed.

Beyond that, I'm not much of an 'must-acquire-achievements' kinda player. The real thing that stuck out in my mind with these achievements was Know Thy Enemy. Am I misunderstanding it? Or are you encouraging entire guilds to bully single players for a few pixels? If they are really GUILD achievements, then GvG should factor in, and PvP, even in the form of GvP, should not.

Aside from that single achievement there, I say, 'Ok, it's no skin off my back. Roll with it.'

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:57

Most of these seem just plain silly to me. But so did the Guild Loyalty medals. I'd rather see game improvements.

Gold sink ones... okay. Anything that could get 1400+ to run around for awhile... errr... I guess...

Why don't you just have a

I dropped X crap items

I walked X spaces without hitting anything.

I got X kills without one-hitting.

And sarcasm aside.... MY ONLY SERIOUS SUGGESTION IS:

How about a... I spent X gold on getting us to the next global event?

Now wouldn't that bring down FSP prices? ,oP

#27 realking

realking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:00

I think the acheivement awards are grand,,butit would be nice to gain some bonuses with them,,like say the super elite hunter,,,maybe gain a slayer benefit for the whole guild,,,or the broken crystal,,maybe a bonus with the use of crystal items...and well maybe a structural add on for these bonuses..i do like the thought for these awards,,just hopeing they aremore than just for looks...

#28 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:01

How about a... I spent X gold on getting us to the next global event? [/color][/b]

Now wouldn't that bring down FSP prices? ,oP

Now that could be a phenomenal gold sink - sink 1 billion gold in the next 7 days to "spawn" another global event :)

#29 loon

loon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:02

How about Achievements for how long the guild has been active/achievements for a % of the guilds members logging in daily? Achievements for the amount of tagged items, Achievements for a guilds combined killstreak? Achievements for the amount of levels gained of the guild members combined? Just a few to get the ball rolling ;D

#30 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:03

A reward for an active Guild Chat based on the number of lines in guild chat.

Would talking to yourself count?

It would have to, as I can't see the cows reading every little line in chat to check which are replied to.

#31 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:04

How about Achievements for how long the guild has been active/achievements for a % of the guilds members logging in daily? Achievements for the amount of tagged items, Achievements for a guilds combined killstreak? Achievements for the amount of levels gained of the guild members combined? Just a few to get the ball rolling ;D

Because, perhaps, they are all retroactive (unless you start the counter from zero again) - and the only retroactive one will be how long a guild has been created.

#32 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:06

How about most found scavenger potions. Name Cave cleaners :wink:
Another potions and gear made. Over achievers :wink:
Resource finder leader. Follow the leader :wink:

#33 wallywmbat

wallywmbat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:07

It sounds good to me, especially for those that go for achievement, my goals at present are just power leveling to get up the top end where am beneficial for the guild, and once am there i can then start collecting medals and achievements, but on the whole yes its a great move, and i read a few comments about the change on crystalline, leave it how it how it is, this is what the majority agreed to before you altered it.. thanks for a great game

#34 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:07

On our Guild screen, under the Bank there is an Acievements section with [ Coming soon... ] so I asume they will display there.

Also noticed a scetion on my profile under the Enhancements stats :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#35 wormspoop

wormspoop

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:08

and, I asked this in another thread regarding the guild ones, how will they be allocated ?

Hopefully it WON'T just be a standard number of accomplishments, but a number that will be scaled to the number of active members in a guild (or even total number - that might give some guilds more incentive to get rid of all their inactives who prop up their guild XP - and yes, we're guilty of that too) and, maybe, to the level of the guild as well ?

Looks like they will be displayed on the guild homepage under the section 'Achievements'.

#36 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:08

On our Guild screen, under the Bank there is an Acievements section with [ Coming soon... ] so I asume they will display there.

Also noticed a scetion on my profile under the Enhancements stats :)

LOL - well spotted - silly me should have looked first :)

#37 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:10

Here's a couple I think are fun that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

1. Hades' Apprentice - Hell Forged "x" number of Items
2. Silver Tongued Devil - Auctioned off "x" number of Items
3. Pack Rat - Purchased "x" back pack slots
4. Blabbermouth - Sent "x" number of FS Box messages

That's all for now. They're just frivolous and just for fun, nothing special, but I like the idea, guys and can't wait to see what kinds of other fun, interesting things you and the FS community come up with.

#38 Gorland

Gorland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:14

I really like the global idea. One suggestion, I think a new achivement should be included: Guild has defeated 'x' Super elite creatures.

gorlandsig4.png

#39 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:14

I think the achievement awards are grand,,butit would be nice to gain some bonuses with them,,like say the super elite hunter,,,maybe gain a slayer benefit for the whole guild,,,or the broken crystal,,maybe a bonus with the use of crystal items...and well maybe a structural add on for these bonuses..i do like the thought for these awards,,just hopeing they aremore than just for looks...

Ok, now this actually has my full interest. Building on your Crystalline idea:

What if Crystalline items became far more fragile in the game and the Crystalline achievement gave members of that guild (current members only) a return to the current rate of breakage? Say, up it to 5% damage from every hit, then reduce it to 0.25% on reaching the achievement. Of course when players leave the guild, their rate goes back up to 5%. Also limit it to Guild Tagged Crystalline gear. That would encourage players to donate more to the guild, encourage players to buy more, invent more, or farm more Crystalline items bringing some life back into the AH and Spine Chomper events, and yes, even the arena.

Here's a couple I think are fun that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

1. Hades' Apprentice - Hell Forged "x" number of Items
2. Silver Tongued Devil - Auctioned off "x" number of Items
3. Pack Rat - Purchased "x" back pack slots
4. Blabbermouth - Sent "x" number of FS Box messages

That's all for now. They're just frivolous and just for fun, nothing special, but I like the idea, guys and can't wait to see what kinds of other fun, interesting things you and the FS community come up with.

Just warn players first, LOL. That way everyone can turn off the FS Box under preferences before they get buried in spam. I can see the lag now...

#40 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:28

Glad i stuck around long enough to see guild achievements ... just wish it happened a few years ago. but better later then never.

Suggestions:

1) Reach 'x' amount of guild kill streak

2) Reach 'x' amount of guild days as a rising star.

3) Reach 'x' amount of guild bounties completed.

4) 'x' of guild mates who qualify for global quests.

5) 'x' of guild mates who qualify for top 100 contributors in global quests.

6) 'x' of buffs cast on guild mates ... would be nice to brag about that one (from a recruiting point of view).

7) 'x' of guild gear you own as a guild.

8. 'x' of gvg wins.

9) 'x' of 100 stam hits your guild has dished out

10) 'x' of pvp tokens your guild has won.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: