• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#21 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 14:48

One major thing my guildmates and I disagree on is the resetting of the rating on the Guild PvP Top Rated List.

I feel like this rating has been earned and long standing from the very early stages and I do not feel it necessary to strip top rated guilds from their hard work. Think about it as the same way as if you decided to reset all the guild XP from the top rated level guilds. If a guild wants the top spot, come and claim it! We are active, willing, and ready to participate anytime!

As for the reguvenation of the gvg ladder, I think there are better ways that a complete ladder reset. Simply providing some type of incentive for being a top 10 guild would be nice. An increase in RP for those guilds would be an easy place to start. This type of incentive would at least give guilds a reason to want to achieve the top rating.

Also, the lack of receiving rating is rather frustrating. Yes we did receive a small amount from 3 guilds this last rampage but it was by no means building any type of lead against other guilds. In fact, when guilds hit us, they essentially have nothing to lose ratingwise while we would potentially lose the maximum amount of rating if we lose.  Even getting 1 rating point per gvg would be nice regardless of who we hit.

Perhaps another incentive would be to periodically reward the top gvg guilds with RP for maintaing their top rating spots. I would also like to see some of the inactive guilds removed from the gvg ladder. There has been alot of activity lately which is awesome!

#22 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 October 2015 - 14:54

One major thing my guildmates and I disagree on is the resetting of the rating on the Guild PvP Top Rated List.

I feel like this rating has been earned and long standing from the very early stages and I do not feel it necessary to strip top rated guilds from their hard work. Think about it as the same way as if you decided to reset all the guild XP from the top rated level guilds. If a guild wants the top spot, come and claim it! We are active, willing, and ready to participate anytime!

As for the reguvenation of the gvg ladder, I think there are better ways that a complete ladder reset. Simply providing some type of incentive for being a top 10 guild would be nice. An increase in RP for those guilds would be an easy place to start. This type of incentive would at least give guilds a reason to want to achieve the top rating.

Also, the lack of receiving rating is rather frustrating. Yes we did receive a small amount from 3 guilds this last rampage but it was by no means building any type of lead against other guilds. In fact, when guilds hit us, they essentially have nothing to lose ratingwise while we would potentially lose the maximum amount of rating if we lose.  Even getting 1 rating point per gvg would be nice regardless of who we hit.

Perhaps another incentive would be to periodically reward the top gvg guilds with RP for maintaing their top rating spots. I would also like to see some of the inactive guilds removed from the gvg ladder. There has been alot of activity lately which is awesome!

This is why i suggest a "legacy" ladder...so that those who have earned and held their spots will always have their true rank shown

but as you have said...."IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST, YOU GOT TO BEAT THE BEST"...we will defend our spot and will fight tooth and nail to do it! 

you are right...when we are attacked the attacking guild literally has NOTHING to lose while we stand the chance to lose MAXIMUM rating and that is a problem in itself

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#23 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 15:08

One more suggestion to help increase activity is to eliminate the requirements for guilds to have more than 1 hitter to complete a conflict. This was probably a good thing to help stop RP farming and make guilds work together as a team to complete conflicts. However, there are far fewer guilds in FS these days and finding guilds with multiple targets in level ranges is difficult. We had a very hard time finding just 20 guilds to hit. But if the number of hits cap was removed, it would open up alot of other guilds to hit.

#24 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 October 2015 - 15:11

Just as you said, personally I really don't want to lose what we've worked hard to gain and defended (rating wise), especially through all of the rating changes. It would be great to have a two tiered system - Legacy Rating (where top all-time are kept) and the GVG guild ladder reset (almost like a seasons type system). Rating would be gained/lost with both systems, but legacy is kept. I think it may be a complicated update in terms of programming, which is why I kind of shied away from it.

It would possibly mirror what is done from the Guild XP side (top rated as of Current XP and top rated as of Locked XP). 

Edited by Kedyn, 06 October 2015 - 15:11.

#25 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 15:16

I like the two rating system, would certainly be interesting. I also like the idea of adding medals for GvG. Whether it be for number of gvg wins, based on rating, or both. Players are Medal hungry and this would certainly increase activity. Just go ahead and give me my Diamonds! :) :) :) :) jk

#26 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 16:53

#1 - Agree about the attack button. We've requested it 3 different times in this thread and have messaged a few different times about it. It's a huge disadvantage for the attacking guild (which I guess isn't really that big of a deal in terms of evening out the playing field of attackers getting the advantage), but is a detriment to GVG as it probably causes people to second guess actually GVG'ing.

#2 - We did get some rating, but nothing that was worth the stamina and cost that was spent. Unfortunately, I'm thinking you should check your math. We were hitting guilds that were about 200-300 rating under us, which would equate to you hitting guilds that have 1100 or 1200 rating. We hit all of the top guilds that had a target for us to hit. Period. There was no preying on players, there was no 2 or 3 v 1 player, where they are the only one who could return attacks. While I don't think rating transfer needs to be large (there shouldn't ever be a transfer more than 10-15 points on a single GVG), I don't like the rating transfer system as is. If someone who has 900 rating hits someone who is 1500 rating and wins, you lose a huge amount, however that 1500 guild doesn't have a chance to get that rating back. 

#3 - I actually saw less retaliation in the 20 GVG's that we ran this weekend than the last time we ran GVG's, and that was 15. I don't think statistically I could agree with you or disagree. I guess a lot of it could be about the idea that the top ladder is stale and people have become complacent with their place, which is never good for anything. This is part of the reason I've suggested the things that I have in the beginning - Ladder Reset and forcing teams to be more diverse so that there is more competition. 

How then would justify that out of 10 Guilds 8 of them did their 50 hits. they were randomly picked by our GvGers so there were guilds that had many targets, guilds that had 1-2 targets, guilds with 1200 rating or 800 rating. I certainly feel that guilds became a bit more active since its actually worth it again to get those RP items to invent those GvG epics.

P.S.: actually 2 more guilds started to retaliate after I had made the post so it added to 8 out of 10 guilds did retaliate. Now I am not a GvG scientist but for me this looks like either those guilds have gained a new reason to GvG against us OR because of guides or whatnot people actually put time in on doing a proper GvG. I had many counsel/founders reply to me after those GvGs commenced, most of them were positive feedback, so I think people are actually getting paid well again for doing GvG retaliations, while in the past it decreased to a mainly personal/pride thing. That change is a great thing to see.

[Removed by Azor Ahai]

Edited by tuvok77, 15 October 2015 - 13:06.

#27 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 October 2015 - 17:36

How then would justify that out of 10 Guilds 8 of them did their 50 hits. they were randomly picked by our GvGers so there were guilds that had many targets, guilds that had 1-2 targets, guilds with 1200 rating or 800 rating. I certainly feel that guilds became a bit more active since its actually worth it again to get those RP items to invent those GvG epics.

P.S.: actually 2 more guilds started to retaliate after I had made the post so it added to 8 out of 10 guilds did retaliate. Now I am not a GvG scientist but for me this looks like either those guilds have gained a new reason to GvG against us OR because of guides or whatnot people actually put time in on doing a proper GvG. I had many counsel/founders reply to me after those GvGs commenced, most of them were positive feedback, so I think people are actually getting paid well again for doing GvG retaliations, while in the past it decreased to a mainly personal/pride thing. That change is a great thing to see.

P.S.: I also think that your 20 GvGs can not be compared to the ones of the usual guilds. Judging by people who informed me about those GvGs against your guild happening, and their response on the reaction time of your guild, I can understand more thoroughly now why people are less inclined to retaliate yall. In their mindset lots of them remember past GvG outcomes and wont hit back for said reason. Maybe I should raise the current "win-prize-money" against your guild and multiply the current prize by 3-5. Wouldnt change the actual outcome anyway I guess.

whats this last part youre on about? you have a reward offered out to anyone who thinks they can beat us??

#28 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 20:16

[Removed by Azor Ahai]

Edited by tuvok77, 15 October 2015 - 13:03.

#29 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 October 2015 - 20:50

oh no...it doesnt bother me or any of us here. Its actually kind of funny and a badge of honor. The fact is you're not capable of doing it...level difference or not. We both know this....BUT we welcome ALL challengers!!! 

We are good at what we do...there is a reason we are #1 and have been #1 for so long! We relish the challenge and are always on guard for incoming attacks. 

I'll add 25 fsp to the "reward" for anyone who can beat us.....simple as that. that is how confident I am in our abilities as a team

#30 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:13

[Removed by Azor Ahai]

Edited by tuvok77, 15 October 2015 - 13:04.

#31 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:44

Pity we cant bring back Elysian Fields and those who were active in it then..

#32 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 14:44

Partially as a bump to keep this on HCS' radar, but also wanted to come up with another suggestion.

One thing that I miss seeing was the list that was removed once GVG was updated to require 2 players. It was a list that showed the guilds that initiated a conflict against other guilds. Is there any way we can bring that back? I'm not going to lie, it was fun to see which guilds were active, and possibly cause some trouble for the initiating guild. 

Also, please work on updating the attack player page - as that is one of the more important suggestions that would help increase GVG activity. Currently, I think it's a bigger hindrance than help. 

#33 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 17:07

One thing that I miss seeing was the list that was removed once GVG was updated to require 2 players. It was a list that showed the guilds that initiated a conflict against other guilds. Is there any way we can bring that back? I'm not going to lie, it was fun to see which guilds were active, and possibly cause some trouble for the initiating guild. 

I dont see what benefit it would be to anyone in seeing what guild is fighting each other. I personally have lots of people in many guilds informing me of whats happening, knowing outright whats happening would make those informants somehow obsolete, and I like the fun conversations I have with them regarding GvG matters.

Though I could see a way to bully other guilds through it, like say hypothetically, you would hold a grudge against our guild. Wouldnt it be very much enjoying to try to sabotage us in the just started GvGs whenever possible?

Thats what I would most likely do myself if for example I would be a GvG-Khaleesi.

Which I am not.

Im the Reborn Azor Ahai of GvG, so I wouldnt mind a list like in the old days.

Tuvok out ;)

Edited by tuvok77, 15 October 2015 - 13:04.

#34 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 17:50

What I personally hate the most of gvging is the gvg ladder, a good chunk of guilds with just 1 'active' member, who just logs in once every 30 days to keep the guild's position claim a number from the current active guilds. I know that, when they were active, these guilds worked extremely hard to achieve that rating, however, a guild requires a number of active players (I think 4, Im not sure since I havent initiated a conflict in a while), to be able to engage on that guild, while these guilds have their position in the GvG ladder guaranteed, as, with just 1 active member, they are pretty much safe from anyone attempting to take their rating, just for the sole reason of climbing the ladder, and I personally think guilds claiming a spot on the top 250 guild pvp ladder, that have 1, or 2 active members are, sort of, teasing anyone trying to reach them in rating, as they are immune to being engaged upon, thats just my opinion, so, to sum up, if I had to make an update on gvging, that might encourage people to do it more, I would set the requirements for being on the GvG ladder, to be equal to the requirements of one guild engaging on another.

#35 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:10

What I personally hate the most of gvging is the gvg ladder, a good chunk of guilds with just 1 'active' member, who just logs in once every 30 days to keep the guild's position claim a number from the current active guilds. I know that, when they were active, these guilds worked extremely hard to achieve that rating, however, a guild requires a number of active players (I think 4, Im not sure since I havent initiated a conflict in a while), to be able to engage on that guild, while these guilds have their position in the GvG ladder guaranteed, as, with just 1 active member, they are pretty much safe from anyone attempting to take their rating, just for the sole reason of climbing the ladder, and I personally think guilds claiming a spot on the top 250 guild pvp ladder, that have 1, or 2 active members are, sort of, teasing anyone trying to reach them in rating, as they are immune to being engaged upon, thats just my opinion, so, to sum up, if I had to make an update on gvging, that might encourage people to do it more, I would set the requirements for being on the GvG ladder, to be equal to the requirements of one guild engaging on another.

I would agree with that - I have no issues with requiring at least X number of active members. However, those guilds, even with 1 active member are still targets by HCS standards. If a guild has 2 members within that 1 members level range, they can initiate and complete all hits. They are still targets, but just a harder target to get to. I've known many guilds to prepare to hit those types of guilds, which I can completely understand the reasoning behind.

#36 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:23

I dont see what benefit it would be to anyone in seeing what guild is fighting each other. I personally have lots of people in many guilds informing me of whats happening, knowing outright whats happening would make those informants somehow obsolete, and I like the fun conversations I have with them regarding GvG matters.

Though I could see a way to bully other guilds through it, like say hypothetically, you would hold a grudge against our guild. Wouldnt it be very much enjoying to try to sabotage us in the just started GvGs whenever possible?

Thats what I would most likely do myself if for example I would be a GvG-Khaleesi aka. RA-members.

Which I am not.

Tuvok out ;)

I don't appreciate you trying to call our guild out. Actually, I enjoyed seeing what guilds were actually active. There should be no reason that you need "informants", unless you're looking for an easy way in/out or an easy win/loss depending on the person and the level of the person you're talking to.

As it currently stands, the attacking guild has every advantage - they can stalk the defending guild to know when they are offline, they can pick the level ranges they want to attack, they can keep targets buffed continually, they can make sure that people are on during all times of the day/night. Allowing people to see who initiated against a guild to maybe buff that guild, was actually fun, and could cause some miscues if you weren't paying attention. I used to buff friends guilds who were initiated against, and I know a lot of people used to watch my prior guild to buff potential targets. It made GVG more fun, more interesting, and could help cause a loss, which meant that the guild may hit back and that we had to pay more attention to buffs and the score.

Just just because it doesn't increase your ability to profit from RP or increase the amount of RP you would get, doesn't mean it wouldn't help GVG. Helping a guild who isn't online may mean that it would give them more of an incentive to hit back, or buy them some time until they are online to defend and actually participate in GVG. However, I know not every guild is into GVG, just like certain players aren't into PVP, titan hunting, etc. There is no way to force a guild to hit back, but giving them more reasons to hit back is the end-goal, which is true GVG - both guilds in a fight against one another. 

#37 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:12

Thats what I would most likely do myself if for example I would be a GvG-Khaleesi aka. RA-members.
Which I am not.

Tuvok out ;)

im going to be nice and ask you to keep our guild name out of your posts. quite frankly the public insults and baiting is getting old.

#38 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 13:06

Yet another suggestion to help increase GvG activity would be to consider the fact that there are far fewer guilds available to compete against. So perhaps decrease the cooldown period from 10 days to 7 days or even down to 5 days.

When are we going to get a GvG attack button on players bio page?

#39 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:27

Currently the dropdown menu on the gvg attack screen is extremely frustrating and long to click whenever you have multiple guild conflicts going.

What we need is similiar to the bounty hunting attack link on a players bio. So when you are in a guild conflict and you click on a players name that is within your gvg level range, then there should be a gvg attack button located below current slidebar for regular pvp attacks.

Same thing already happens when you accept a bounty against a player, there is automatically a slide bar attack button for the bounty attack.

We just need one added for gvg attacks!

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 14:05

I wouldn't mind guild xp reset :), if a guild is truly the position they are they should be able to reclaim it with ease ;P. Same can be said in every other respect guild xp aside.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 October 2015 - 14:06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: