• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#21 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 17:45

I'm for OK 400 to be 150 arena tokens [if we look how new Flinch, Conserve and Librarian pots on arena are priced] or 200 arena tokens [if we look how donation chests are priced]

but it would not make much sense Ok 400 be worthing 15~20 fsp; being more expensive than Flask of Death which gives Wither 450 is a lot usefull for around 10 fsp / [100 arena tokens for OK400 is still reasonable if hcs prefer thinking this way].

Edited by Kbyte, 01 April 2016 - 17:54.

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 17:53

Nice update :) Astrial Strike 500 would be cool

Edited by shindrak, 01 April 2016 - 17:53.

#23 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:14

Fortify Rockskin Evade I think would be good, but am saying this based on sh 400 plus meaning traditional build types are no longer needed .

Nice update :) Arterial Strike 500 would be cool

:)

#24 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 23:05

Just wanted to say THANKS BG for listening and thanks to all the Cows for the update ;)

#25 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:47

Fair enough. I'll be waiting for further feedback though.

Decided against it.

I do agree that perhaps higher than 100 would be good since OK is a nice buff. I would say 150-175 and not 250 plus as sugggested

I'm for OK 400 to be 150 arena tokens [if we look how new Flinch, Conserve and Librarian pots on arena are priced] or 200 arena tokens [if we look how donation chests are priced]

but it would not make much sense Ok 400 be worthing 15~20 fsp; being more expensive than Flask of Death which gives Wither 450 is a lot usefull for around 10 fsp / [100 arena tokens for OK400 is still reasonable if hcs prefer thinking this way].

+ 1

#26 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:49

weak but maybe handy potions

SE Slayer 200  with 60 min for 20 arena tokens [A little better than buff]

Counter Attack 200 with 120 min for 50 arena tokens [A little better than buff / it can be used against more creatures so that's why should be a little more expensive than SE Slayer 200]

Find Item 1200 with 120 min for 100 arena tokens [a little better than AH special which is 24k or 20 arena tokens FI 1000 ]

+ 1 for SE slayer and FI. Not sure about CA though.

#27 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:50

Just wanted to say THANKS BG for listening and thanks to all the Cows for the update ;)

+ 1. Nice update

#28 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 13:05

THANK you so very much!!!  this is great!! im glad the cows are listening!!  xoxoxooxox

#29 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 14:11

hooray..thxs bg for quick approval and implementation into the game of the new pots and improved pots..hoping for more soon...

still need to address arena for amount to join..newer players will not be able to get any of these great pots for a long time...not enough to arena tourneys to join to earn tokens, below level 500..especially below 200.please address this..

thxs for the arena attention, bg - keep up the good work

#30 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2016 - 15:51

hooray..thxs bg for quick approval and implementation into the game of the new pots and improved pots..hoping for more soon...

still need to address arena for amount to join..newer players will not be able to get any of these great pots for a long time...not enough to arena tourneys to join to earn tokens, below level 500..especially below 200.please address this..

almost liked what u posted though wasnt sure about the first line in second paragraph "still need to address arena for amount to join" other than that i agree :)

#31 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 18:18

Suggestion on arena levels:

High level players can join EOC arenas , mid level arenas and low level arenas 

Mid level players can join mid level arenas and low level arenas

Low level players can join only low level arenas

High level players can join all:  Let's say 3  as an comparision number

Mid Level players not that much: Let's say 2 as an comparision number

Low Level players only around their level: Let's say 1 as an comparision number

3+2+1 = 6

To make it fair

Low level 3/6 = 0.5   => 50% of the arenas 1/3 of EOC level  and below [50% of them within top and 50% within bottle this range -> of the medium level of that range]

Mid level 2/6 = 0.33 => 33.33% of the arenas from 1/3 of EOC level to 2/3 of EOC level  [50% of them within top and 50% within bottle this range -> of the medium level of that range]

High level 1/6 = 0.1666 => 16.66% of the arenas above 2/3 of EOC level  [50% of them within top and 50% within bottle this range -> of the medium level of that range]

That top and bottle division on each is to make it more even within each range to don't come only most on top or most on bottle of each range

HCS System seeing the actives non completed arenas to gerate new ones of an certain range if the remaining arena levels don't exceed its total percentage as suggested above.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

But most players level up and don't keep old equips for much time [most don't reach EOC so fast as new level are released so]

So that can be tweeked this way: considering 1/3 of low level players turn mid level players

1-1/3 = 2/3 [let's say players that keep low level player that was on that range  and also considering new comers new players]

Low level arenas 50% X 2/3 = 33.3% | 50%-33.3% = 16.6%

[High level and Mid level thought above 16.6%/2 = 8.3% of arenas keep here and the rest distributed on the other ranges]

===>>> 33.3% + 8.3% =  41.6% of low level arenas [rounding 42%]

Mid level arenas 33.3% + 5.53% [from the 8.3% lefting 5.53% would come here following the same though above considering only mid level and high level] = 33.3% + 5.53% = 38.83 of Mid arenas [rounding 39%]

High level arenas 16.6% +2.77% = 19.37 of arenas [rounding 19%]

Or easy 40% / 40% / 20%

For Example:

There are 60 arenas open every time

Considering EOC level 3000 to make the example easier [in some months it will be].

Low level => 3000 X 1/3 = 1000 and bellow

40% of arenas is: 0.4 X 60 = 24 arenas level 1~1000

Mid level => 3000 X 2/3 = 2000; arenas level 1001~2000

40% of arenas is: 0.4 x 60 = 24 arenas level 1001~2000

High level => above level 2000

20% of arenas is: 0.2 X 60 = 12 arenas level 2001 and +

if and EOC arena finish it could generate another EOC arena, and so on with the other arenas [the same arena range; if mid so mid; if low so low] but according to EOC current level.

Edited by Kbyte, 02 April 2016 - 22:05.

#32 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 20:04

@Kbyte... I don't really get your point or how it would make things better. 

I don't think arena needs more restrictions on joins... I think the general idea is trying to get more to join.

But hey, I'm an utter noob in that area. I tend to enter naked, lmao.

#33 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 20:55

@Kbyte... I don't really get your point or how it would make things better. 

I don't think arena needs more restrictions on joins... I think the general idea is trying to get more to join.

But hey, I'm an utter noob in that area. I tend to enter naked, lmao.

@Egami, that is not an restriction it is an though on how to balance arena levels.

Now explaining what I wrote here: https://forums.hunte...e-2#entry961684

At first I show how it would be it is was plain distributed according to players "capacity" to join all the arenas [which EOCers can join all and so on till low level player that can join only on low level arenas].

But the "normal process" [as it was sth which happens often] is players to level up and to don't keep old gear on bp but still some players prefer to stay on low level anyway + there are new players that join the game also ... so I tryed to come up with an "as if" guessing that percentage on each situation as mentioned above because it varies from time to time and we normal players don't have that info.

So arenas levels would also needed to be tweaked because of that ... no players are oblied to keep old gear for that plain distribution [ 50% / 33.3% / 16.6% ] to arenas ... but to still make it more fair to new players and low level players their range should not be smashed to just few and fewer arenas the way it is now benefiting more mid and high level players so I made that calcs considering all that I saw that it would help more if it was based on EOC creature [because the highest level equip players can wear is limited to creature's level that drops that equip and no player even if get 100 levels above EOC would have an stronger equip that EOC creature] and from that on it could divide the EOC creature level in 3, so let's say EOC creature in some months is level 3000 => so 3000/3 = 1000 that level and below would be "classified" as low level arenas, from level 1001~2000 as mid level arenas and 2001~3000 as high level arenas .... and it goes on so when EOC be level 3300 it will be 3300/ 3 = 1100 [below that level low level arenas], 1101~2200 mid level arenas and 2201~3300 high level arenas.

The adjusted division at the end on my previous message shows how it could be divided.

Low level arenas with 40%

Mid level arenas with 40%

High level arenas with 20%

Since surely high level players will at least join high and mid level arenas [because at least their guild also have mid level equips] so at least they will join 60% of the arenas but could also join low level arenas so joining 100% of arenas at most [but not likely]

Mid level player would generealy join more mid level arenas 40% but could also join low ones so being able to take 80% at most [but not likely]

And low level player only low level arenas but they are more aware of low level setups as they can do ladder, bb and arena with the same setups so an small advantage to them [players from other ranges are more used with their setups so may prefer to join arenas around their level or not win much low level arenas since low level players knows these setups better] and they having an share of 40% of the arena if that suggestion be accepted.

It would also not be fair to divide 33% / 33% / 33% to each of them because higher level players can still join mid and low arenas so "smashing" possible arenas for mid and low level players, that's why I still guess 40% / 40% / 20% is better because most players do level up [but not all of them] and it may work better than plain distribution and be more welcoming to low and mid level players than the way it is now [at this very minute it has 20 high level arenas => 33.3% / 24 mid level arenas => 40% / and 16 low level arenas => 26.67%].

Arenas.jpg

Not so good the image quality as I don't know how to do it properly but this is now:

The red line is high level arenas 33.3% [20 arenas]

The green line is mid level arenas 40% [24 arenas]

The blue line is low level arenas 26.67% [16 arenas]

I stopped joining arenas by now so only old ones [over 30 hours and not full yet because most is 16 players arenas] that is taking longer to get full I'm waiting to start to have all finished. But trying to help low level and mid level player with this suggestion as well to try to make the join levels on them more fair/reasonable to the whole community.

Edited by Kbyte, 03 April 2016 - 22:51.

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:57

Hey there.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tweaked the OK 400 to 150. Any more than that may be overly restrictive.

Also, thanks for the additional potion ideas. Will go through them and see what we might add. :)

~ Grim

#35 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:59

Hey there.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tweaked the OK 400 to 150. Any more than that may be overly restrictive.

Also, thanks for the additional potion ideas. Will go through them and see what we might add. :)

~ Grim

i think that is pretty spot on, if i had one final suggestion for the current potions in arena it would be to change the terrorize lvl 200 with 60 min duration TO terrorize lvl 275 with 90 min duration ..... that still leaves it far from the terrorize lvl 350 in composing and keeps the main arena potions all at satisfactory or great levels for the tokens they have associated with them :)

edit: ok, accidentally lied, i also think the doubler 1k could be lowered to 75 or 50 tokens to make it more desirable though that is a whim as i dont think many care too much either way :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 04 April 2016 - 11:02.

#36 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:33

Doubler 1000 with 60 min for 100 arena tokens [almost nobody buy this pot any longer because it is already weak also]

I could see us dropping that to maybe 50 tokens?

Fortify Rockskin Evade I think would be good, but am saying this based on sh 400 plus meaning traditional build types are no longer needed .

Rockskin 500 ish?

Just wanted to say THANKS BG for listening and thanks to all the Cows for the update  ;)

S'all good. Thanks for the feedback and ideas.  :)

+ 1 for SE slayer and FI. Not sure about CA though.

Not so sure. Both exist in the Elite Hunters Draft, from a Realm Chest.

#37 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 13:31

I could see us dropping that to maybe 50 tokens?

The game already has Doubler 750 from scavering [cheap],

Doubler 1200 from loyalty => Players gain loyalty points daily and also from special offers but by now loyalty tokens option don't match other possible pots from other aspects of the game | it would better if at least doubler on loyalty was improved to make players more likely to donate to gain loyalty points / by now players donating only think on chests and fsp which players not donating could gain the same way merchanting or doing anything to gain fsp or buy chest from other players   -----  [the rewards on loyalty could be looked at to add sth new or tweak old ones]

Doubler 1250 from composing [composers level 46 can already make this pot]

The arena option is lower than composing and as almost all players is increasing composing soon an doubler 1000 on arena will get no buyers, so I guess it could be instead increased a little above composing and keep it as 100 arena tokens or 150 arena tokens based on doubler level

Not so sure. Both exist in the Elite Hunters Draft, from a Realm Chest.

Elixir Hunters Draft has:

SE Slayer 200

CA 200

and no Find Item 1200

And since chest are hard to find and most of them the key is more expensive than the itens/potion got from it [exception is frag chests and few potions that generally pay off], Elixir Hunter Draft could keep CA the way it is and turn SE Slayer 220 or 225 so with ZB it would be: 220 X 1.15 = 253 [50.6% reduction]  or 225 X 1.15 = 259 [51.8% reduction] 

while normal buff can be up to SE Slayer 192 => 38.4% reduction

Arena could be SE Slayer 200: with ZB it would be 230 [46% reduction]

Counter Attack 200 in Elixir Hunter Draft is good as it is, but if also add an arena option it could be so CA 180 which with ZB would be at most level 207, while the Elixir Hunter Draft would give with ZB at most CA 230

Find Item 1000 on ah is an cheap option which is 24k gold which most players can afford and help all players even low level ones on composing, help legy events to be more popular and also on scavering.

The game has FI 1500 and 1600 on some chest as the top available options on it [chest prices]

FI 1600/1500 with Chest prices around +100 fsp and FI 1000 24k gold [popular option] -> we can see the discrepancy in price is high so I would like to suggest and intermadiary to that which could be added on Loyalty Rewards or Arena Shop.

On Arena shop could be an FI 1200 for 100 arena tokens

Or on Loyalty Reward could be an FI 1200 for 500 allegiance tokens [this would make players to consider loyalty points got from donating | and not just the chest and fsp that comes with it also].

LF on loyalty points by now the way the pots levels are increasing could be tweaked to 500 allegiance tokens as well.

[or some of those pots could be added to Loyalty Rewards instead and rework old ones since Loyalty Rewards is lacking an update for quite an long time]

*** It would be great if you could reconsider Arena join levels also ***

Edited by Kbyte, 04 April 2016 - 13:45.

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2016 - 14:07

i think that is pretty spot on, if i had one final suggestion for the current potions in arena it would be to change the terrorize lvl 200 with 60 min duration TO terrorize lvl 275 with 90 min duration ..... that still leaves it far from the terrorize lvl 350 in composing and keeps the main arena potions all at satisfactory or great levels for the tokens they have associated with them smile.png

No to changing Terrorize to 275. Makes Styran Egg (a limited christmas potion) worthless.

edit: ok, accidentally lied, i also think the doubler 1k could be lowered to 75 or 50 tokens to make it more desirable though that is a whim as i dont think many care too much either way smile.png

I have no problem with making the Doubler 1k 50 tokens.

So I guess it could be instead increased a little above composing and keep it as 100 arena tokens or 150 arena tokens based on doubler level.

I'll not be increasing it over composing, no. That's why I said we'd maybe lower it's cost to 50 arena tokens. Loyalty is a separate topic.

The game has FI 1500 and 1600 on some chest as the top available options on it [chest prices]

Yes, on donation potions. We'll not be adding potions close to those. Potion of Supreme Luck (FI 1k) from the Arena is fine as is.

*** It would be great if you could reconsider Arena join levels also ***

That's off topic Bud.

#39 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 14:13

No to changing Terrorize to 275. Makes Styran Egg (a limited christmas potion) worthless.

accepted, not sure on whether i should have an opinion on that after new information, hadnt noticed that egg or know of its popularity and sell price in concurence with access to composing one and opposing it to arena token value, yep, i think i can accept u may be MORE right, perfection is ugly anyway :)

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2016 - 14:26

It's why I have a document of every potion added to the game. It allows for some reasonable cross reference. Styran Egg is a level 250 Terrorize potion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: