65 replies to this topic

#21 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:47

Also can stalker, and other enhancement buffs be checked to ensure they are working properly? thanks :)

Please look into this first!

+1

There's plenty of suspicion that Stalker isn't working properly

Is it Stalker not working, or is it that EH is not as potent as people think. I had thought EH gave about 20% boost to experience (a figure I got from the forums a long time ago, and that is consistent with some stalker buffers I've seen advertising that it gives 3% more Xp), but calculations on my own experience/kill that I've been getting lately suggest that EH is only around 10% - with the knock-on that stalker is only half as effective as I had thought it would be.

#22 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:35

We feel the developer chat was very beneficial and we plan to continue doing them on a regular basis - we'll announce on the game news once the time/day of the next one has been decided :)

i said it in the other update threads but i will say it again. i do not think it fair that HCS is using a client that a vast number of people have issues with and can not use. i can not get into IRC and the cows should use something that is not so flawed for so many in the game as there are MANY people that can not use it.

#23 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:52

These are some excellent changes. I can't wait to see the next batch of them.

Nice to have a direct way of input into the changes with the discussion like that.

#24 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:15

Honor is useful still if you're playing the ladder.

I thought that honor would not effect ladder hits.....and/or bounty board hits. Anyone that was present that could clarify this?

If you are limiting stam use per ladder opponent to 500 - is there a need to further reduce exp loss? as is..the first 24 hours of most ladders is going to be a real snooze zzzz.zzzzzzzzz everyone get the timing of resets down..and get your hits in + defensive buffs on then. I have hard time getting excited about a "PvP ladder" where output of stamina is going to be heavily restricted. I must of been doing it wrong the whole time. Meaning the pillow fighters were right. Any chance of renaming "PvP Ladder" to the "Pillow Fighter Parade"?

#25 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:18

I do like all the buff changes collectively. I think a lot of progress was made in the IRC chat. I was away for the first IRC chat, and not terribly impressed with the "ladder changes" - the Bounty board, and GvG changes I can live with.

#26 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:28

Thank you to everyone who joined and contributed to the developer chat this evening!

Here is a summary of the skill changes that we discussed.

[*:2iyjynez]Gloat: +0.2% per point gold stolen in PvP

Excellent change. Glad to see this one.

[*:2iyjynez]Honor: -0.2% xp loss in PvP (Does not work during bounties)

Good change. I would never use this but others might... Glad to be getting the skill reset. :)

[*:2iyjynez]Sealed: 0.2% per point chance to negate 2 buffs during combat. (The buffs work again as normal after the combat)

This is the best change yet, this is great news. But does this mean it effects buffs that activate after combat or any buffs? Either way this is a step in the right direction with this buff. I would of liked to see it removed but this is definitely an improvement.

[*:2iyjynez]Barricade: +0.15% per point and allow the level to be specified when casting.

Great work, this is good to see.

[*:2iyjynez]Change combat activation order to Fortitude -> Severe Condition -> Ageless -> Wither.
Another great change, now Wither and Ageless become much more effective buffs. Please ensure that Wither effects all of these buffs in combat.

We feel the developer chat was very beneficial and we plan to continue doing them on a regular basis - we'll announce on the game news once the time/day of the next one has been decided :)

It looks like it has been beneficial from these proposals. I'm very happy with these proposed changes on the whole. This is great to see from you guys.

#27 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 14:47

Now that all this stuff is settled, does it go in game soon?

#28 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:16

considering most people are still trying to understand the changes, hopefully not leos.

#29 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:19

[*]Honor: -0.2% xp loss in PvP (Does not work during bounties)
Does this work in both regular PvP and PvP Ladders?

[*]Barricade: +0.15% per point and allow the level to be specified when casting.
Woah ... so its adjustable now via preferences?

[*]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.
Could you show an example so its clear to me? Has Reflection become more powerful or less powerful?

#30 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:20

I thought that honor would not effect ladder hits.....and/or bounty board hits. Anyone that was present that could clarify this?

It appeared in the discussion that Honor would work on any off the board hits. It would be disregarded when being hit on the BB, so ladder hits would be reduced in xp loss.

#31 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:23

Could you show an example so its clear to me? Has Reflection become more powerful or less powerful?

Not going to draw out a full battle scene, but with this proposed change, when Reflection does kick in, the player using the reflected hit will have to have enough damage from their original damage number + the added reflecting damage to overcome their opponents Armor stat to do more than 1 hp in true damage

#32 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:27

[*]Reflection: +0.2% per point of enemies damage inflicted is added to your next combat strike. Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.

Lets say, I have 1000 armor and 10000 damage

You have 0 armor and 500 damage ( after terrorize)

I hit you for 10,000 damage, last ditch activates, and reflection as well

10,000 x 35% = 3500. This reflection damage is added to your total damage for your next hit,

500 + 3500= 4000 damage for the next strike

your next strike would hit me for 3000 damage ( since i have 1000 armor) 4000 -1000 armor = 3000 damage dealt.

Now, same scenario, but i have 10000 armor..

You hit me for 1 damage :)

Keep in mind, sanctuary, reinforced armor, nullify, critical hit, peircing strike all factor in as well.

But this should be how it will work from now on. ( normally the 3000 reflection damage would bypass armor, and hit my HP directly)

Make sense?

#33 scarsick

scarsick

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:43

there are anti reflection setups out there. It does require thinking about how much damage you have to inflict so you don't kill yourself when reflection AND LD activate but it is very doable.

I have no real input on the other buffs because I do not use them.

Please leave reflection alone, it is a wonderful buff for GvG defense and if you take that away it will be very hard for offline members to win against a well buffed online opponent. It takes 2 things to make reflection effective first Last Ditch has to activate and then IF you hit them reflection works. Reflection is not an automatic win if some thought has gone into the attack.

+1

#34 preytos

preytos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 16:03

I know that this is somewhat off-topic Hoof (but in another way, its directly ON topic) but ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106190

this looks good, i like the layout :)

#35 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 16:26

This is great work on the buffs!!!

Dont you think you should have mentioned that the BB and PvP ladder were also discussed and decisions were made? A lot of people either wont or dont have the time to read the discussion from the developer chat and this is important information for everyone. Especially if your trying to entice Levelers into the PvP arena.

19:18:28- (@Hoof) Every ‘normal’ PvP attack can be bountied. Players doing a bounty can only be bountied once when they accept it. Reduce it to a max of 2 levels for a bounty.

This is as close as I could find for a summary of the PvP ladder revisions:

-19:47:48- (@Mojawk) is try a couple of resets of the ladder with these changes
-19:47:59- (@Mojawk) cause only a small percentage of players currently use the ladder
-19:48:38- (@Mojawk) and see how it goes, we'd like to improve PvP and our new system promotes activity
-19:48:59- (@Mojawk) so we'd like to try without any deterrents, and as was asked shortly ago
-19:49:09- (@Mojawk) in the event of a tie, the player that has used the most stamina
-19:49:15- (@Hoof) (t will still have gold/xp loss on the ladder)
-19:49:18- (@Mojawk) in the current ladder reset would win
-19:49:20- (@Hoof) *t
-19:49:23- (@Hoof) gah
-19:49:24- (@Hoof) *it

#36 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 18:19

I am wondering if it was discussed to have less xp more gold on gloat, instead of just more gold?

As well, I dont think i am understanding Barricade. can you elaborate / provide examples of that please?

#37 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 19:01

I am wondering if it was discussed to have less xp more gold on gloat, instead of just more gold?

It was yes.

As well, I dont think i am understanding Barricade. can you elaborate / provide examples of that please?

Barricade is now adjustable , similar to severe condition, NMV and CA. Different levels = higher or lower % of damage transferred to defense.

Barricade was also made 50% more powerful. It used to be .1% per point, now it is .15% per skill point.

#38 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 March 2012 - 19:51

-18:27:24- (@Hoof) Reflection: Change it so the reflected damage is applied before the armor calculation.
-18:27:30- (@Hoof) jon: sure 1 sec
-18:27:37- (@Hoof) Ok
-18:27:44- (@Hoof) so player A has 1000 damage
-18:27:48- (@Hoof) player B has 500 armor
-18:27:51- (@Hoof) A hits B
-18:27:56- (@Hoof) and does 500 DMG
-18:28:06- (@Hoof) but evil B has relection! OH NOS!
-18:28:12- (@Hoof) Skill Level 175!!!!
-18:28:24- (@Hoof) B has 10 damage normally
-18:28:28- (@Hoof) A has 100 armor
-18:28:35- (@Hoof) so normally B does 1 dmg to A
-18:28:38- (@Hoof) BUT!!!
-18:28:46- (@Zorg) And then the rain began, a storm was approaching.
-18:29:03- (@LamiumFSDev) shh Zorg your ruining storytime!

-18:29:10- (@Hoof) so this would create a reflection dmg of
-18:29:57- (@Hoof) 175 x 0.01 x 500 dmg = 88 dmg
-18:30:00- (@Hoof) SO
-18:30:02- (@Hoof) currently
-18:30:09- (@Hoof) B does 89 dmg to A
-18:30:10- (@Hoof) ie.,
-18:30:20- (@Hoof) 1 DMG, then 88 from reflection
-18:30:25- (@Hoof) END OF COMBAT
-18:30:29- (@Hoof) Winter is coming...
-18:30:33- (@Hoof) ok
-18:30:34- (@Hoof) but
-18:30:38- (@Hoof) what we're suggesting
-18:30:44- (@Hoof) is apply that 88 dmg
-18:30:47- (@Hoof) before the armor calc
-18:30:50- (@Hoof) so in this cace
-18:30:52- (@Hoof) case
-18:30:59- (@Hoof) B would have 10 + 88 = 98
-18:31:14- (@Hoof) so in this case B would still do 1 DMG
-18:31:18- (@Hoof) which makes it a really bad example
-18:31:24- (@Hoof) because A had 100 armor
-18:31:28- (@Hoof) but if A had like 50 armor
-18:31:33- (@Hoof) it would be a good example
-18:31:34- (@Hoof) :D

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#39 HEYHERO

HEYHERO

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 23:07

hey guys...!!!
change in buffs is good idea...
adding new buffs is also a good idea...
but..
adding buffs only for further levels like 1000+,1200+ etc., are like injustice to low level players like 200+,300+,400+,500+ etc.,
what is think(say)is please add some new buffs to 200+level players toooo... giving new buffs to 1000+ players is good but compared to 1000+level players we have low level players more... so please add some new skill in every group i.e.,200+,250+,300+,400+ etc.,
THANK YOU :-)

#40 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:47

I understand reflection needed to be fixed, but it's now pretty well useless in PvP for defensive players against armor setups. They can go low damage / high armor and reflection won't help the defensive player hit back. But I guess having it not be an auto-win for a level 100 against a level 1200 is worth something.

First I can not join the IRC chat as others have pointed out the security programs on my computer will not allow me to do so. My input has to be here in the forums.

Sorry King I would have to disagree with this. Note I am not a PvP player but after my first loss against an almost naked player on the BB I asked some of my PvP friends about it. As they put it there are anti reflection setups out there. It does require thinking about how much damage you have to inflict so you don't kill yourself when reflection AND LD activate but it is very doable.

I have no real input on the other buffs because I do not use them.

Please leave reflection alone, it is a wonderful buff for GvG defense and if you take that away it will be very hard for offline members to win against a well buffed online opponent. It takes 2 things to make reflection effective first Last Ditch has to activate and then IF you hit them reflection works. Reflection is not an automatic win if some thought has gone into the attack.

Then what you do is tell your members to wear better offline gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: