Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
401 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (395 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think revision 1.1 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (350 votes [88.61%])

Percentage of vote: 88.61%

2. No (45 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Do you think Distil should work with Composed potions?

1. Yes (324 votes [82.03%])

Percentage of vote: 82.03%

2. No (71 votes [17.97%])

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

Vote

#21 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:22

Something I didn't see mentioned in hoofs post, which I asked about.

Question: As we are going to be able to make a lot of different types of potions and have different skill levels and durations.
How are we going to visually differentiate between them?

Answer: A selection of images i think, you can pick when you make a potion. Maybe with an option to colour them too.

#22 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:23

The number of items needed seems a little more reasonable now. Except for the legendary and crystal items, most of us dont have extras to burn. 

Also, will the critters at eoc levels start dropping common, rare and unique items again? 

And i still think this is going to further divide the haves from the have nots. 

#23 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:48

"The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. For each 100 levels of the item your are breaking down, you gain an additional Fragment from the item (so a level 500 Rare item would give you 6 Rare Fragments)."

So 1 item i break down is worth 1 fragment while someone at EOC can do so 17x as efficiently??? How is that fair to the lower level players?

#24 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:09

"The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. For each 100 levels of the item your are breaking down, you gain an additional Fragment from the item (so a level 500 Rare item would give you 6 Rare Fragments)."

So 1 item i break down is worth 1 fragment while someone at EOC can do so 17x as efficiently??? How is that fair to the lower level players?

considering the fact that the potions are bound so no profit is made and if any player wanted to they can buy the higher level items in the AH i find this completely fair 

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#25 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:28

Can I request that the level on the global booster potion be raised to more than 200?  We already have doubler pots at level 1500, why can't we have a global booster at level 250+ ?

#26 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:30

Its nice to see that the potions are not broken .. but reasonable additions. Hoof's ultimate potion will not be made much .. 256 fragments will take a lot of item nuking just to make one of those. 

I'm sure all items are going to go crazy in the Marketplace right now ... particularly fully forged items.

#27 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:45

I know that the amount of fragments to do high level potion are difficult to get but I still think that Making a Potion with these buffs will be a little overpowered.

Light Foot [max 500]

Smashing Hammer [max 250]

Coordinated Attack [max 250]

Stalker [max 250]

Maybe high level players won't buy any more chest from players who bought FSPs during bonus FSP Event

So players that buys FSP will be in disadvantage if that happens.

One possibility to prevent that from happening is giving an outstanding buffs on chests or decrease the level of some of those buffs (unfortunately) to do not be so overpowered.

*And Doubler 1000 really don't woth making for the amount of cristaline fragments required

I would like to add also that

It would be good if there were 4 Composing level

When making potions:

All potions are 100% of success

level 1 -> no benefits

level 2 -> decreases fragments cost by 1 (commom), 5% chance to spend less 5% gold

level 3 -> decreases fragments cost by 2 (commoms) and 1 (rare), 10% chance to spend less 5% gold

level 4 -> decreases fragments cost by 3 (commom), 2 (rare) and 1 (unique), 15% chance to spend less 5% gold

Everybody starts at level 1 (can create potion with up to 1 buffs)

To reach level 2 (can create potion with up to 2 buffs) -> must create 100 potions 

To reach level 3 (can create potion with up to 3 buffs)-> must create 250 potions

100 X 2,5 = 250

To reach level 4 (can create potion with up to 4 buffs)-> must create 750 potions

250 X 3 = 750

This is just a suggestion

#28 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:52

just to get this clear, we have to use fragments of every kind if we want to create a great potion? if we want to create a basic potion, but only have really good fragments, will we need to get the other fragments as well? or are we allowed to exchange certain fragments for other ones at a fixed rate? i'm still confused on this part of composing.

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:07

I know that the amount of fragments to do high level potion are difficult to get but I still think that Making a Potion with these buffs will be a little overpowered.

Light Foot [max 500]

Smashing Hammer [max 250]

Coordinated Attack [max 250]

Stalker [max 250]

Maybe high level players won't buy any more chest from players who bought FSPs during bonus FSP Event

So players that buys FSP will be in disadvantage if that happens.

One possibility to prevent that from happening is giving an outstanding buffs on chests or decrease the level of some of those buffs (unfortunately) to do not be so overpowered.

Firstly, chests that come from donations are FREE - they cost the player nothing. They're an incentive for you to part with your hard-earned pennies. So, basically, ANY price you get for them is a bonus. Will they suffer from composing ? - I very much doubt it.

Secondly, the potions obtained from said chests are either 

1) WAY higher powered than any than can be created (assuming buff levels remain as per Hoofs post) with composing

2) Not even available as composing options

I'm not even sure I understand what you're meaning in the last part of the above quote ?

I would like to add also that

It would be good if there were 4 Composing level

When making potions:

All potions are 100% of success

level 1 -> no benefits

level 2 -> decreases fragments cost by 1 (commom), 5% chance to spend less 5% gold

level 3 -> decreases fragments cost by 2 (commoms) and 1 (rare), 10% chance to spend less 5% gold

level 4 -> decreases fragments cost by 3 (commom), 2 (rare) and 1 (unique), 15% chance to spend less 5% gold

Everybody starts at level 1 (can create potion with up to 1 buffs)

To reach level 2 (can create potion with up to 2 buffs) -> must create 100 potions 

To reach level 3 (can create potion with up to 3 buffs)-> must create 250 potions

100 X 2,5 = 250

To reach level 4 (can create potion with up to 4 buffs)-> must create 750 potions

250 X 3 = 750

This is just a suggestion

There will be (as per draft 1.1) medals obtainable for composing. Why should they come with benefits though, (which your tiered system will), unlike ANY other medals.

The gold costs are dramatically lower than the initial draft, as are the fragment costs - and the number of fragments that can be extracted from a piece have been (potentially, dependent upon level and hell forge) increased dramatically.

Plus, using your tiers as an example, do you really think that saving 1,2 or 3 common fragments, 1 or 2 rare fragments and 1 unique fragment is going to be relevent in the grand scheme of things ? :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:10

just to get this clear, we have to use fragments of every kind if we want to create a great potion? if we want to create a basic potion, but only have really good fragments, will we need to get the other fragments as well? or are we allowed to exchange certain fragments for other ones at a fixed rate? i'm still confused on this part of composing.

There will be no "exchange" system. If the potion you want to make requires Common, Rare, Unique and Legendary fragments, you will have to gather the required number of Common, Rare, Unique and Legendary fragments.

A trade-up was, very briefly, on the table, until it was pointed out that someone could scavenge in the caves for 1g at a time and amass literally thousands of fragments for little to no effort and no stamina usage. Scavenging in the caves can still achieve the pieces needed, but that won't be the most effective way of getting them - especially as there will be more frequent Legendary and Spine events (hopefully LOL)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:16

Wow. This is so much better than what i read yesterday! Nice work. 

I think Distil should work on these though. I mean, they are potions.

There is a trade-off with these composing options. 

Positive being that "Spell Leach" and "Spell Breaker" won't work on them

Negative being that "Distil" won't either

#32 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:22

There will be no "exchange" system. If the potion you want to make requires Common, Rare, Unique and Legendary fragments, you will have to gather the required number of Common, Rare, Unique and Legendary fragments.

A trade-up was, very briefly, on the table, until it was pointed out that someone could scavenge in the caves for 1g at a time and amass literally thousands of fragments for little to no effort and no stamina usage. Scavenging in the caves can still achieve the pieces needed, but that won't be the most effective way of getting them - especially as there will be more frequent Legendary and Spine events (hopefully LOL)

those are quest items though, they are included in composing? If we don't have the option to make common fragments into better fragments we should at least have the option to make great fragments into lesser ones.

1 more question: will the fragments be bound?

#33 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:25

I'm not sure what some people would think about this or how to incorporate it, but could a feature be added to compose two potions together? As in a regular potion with a composed one to make a higher buff level for a buff if possible up to a maxium of say, 25-50 levels? ie a Librarian 200 potion with a composed one that has a level of 250. Composing the Librarian 200 potion (I believe they are called Potion of the Wise?) It would take half of the potions initial level and then 1/4 of that meaning you would now have a Librarian of level 275 for some extra fragments and gold?

#34 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:26

There is a trade-off with these composing options. 

Positive being that "Spell Leach" and "Spell Breaker" won't work on them
Negative being that "Distil" won't either

personally i don't see the need for a trade off with the composing potions. There are a good deal of potions in the game that spell breaker and Leech do not work on yet they are able to be distilled. These will be the only potions in the game that distil doesnt work on, unless you make them to only be distilled by level 50 distil which would bring some much needed attention back to the special section distil pot that sells for base value more often than not. Another gold sink, win-win in my opinion.

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:36

those are quest items though, they are included in composing? If we don't have the option to make common fragments into better fragments we should at least have the option to make great fragments into lesser ones.

1 more question: will the fragments be bound?

What are quest items ?? - and as far as I aware, there will be no exchanging of fragments, up or down

As for fragments being bound ? - once you've "broken" a piece to get the fragment/fragments, all you will be left with is an incremented counter on your bio. There won't be anything TO sell / store

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:37

I'm not sure what some people would think about this or how to incorporate it, but could a feature be added to compose two potions together? As in a regular potion with a composed one to make a higher buff level for a buff if possible up to a maxium of say, 25-50 levels? ie a Librarian 200 potion with a composed one that has a level of 250. Composing the Librarian 200 potion (I believe they are called Potion of the Wise?) It would take half of the potions initial level and then 1/4 of that meaning you would now have a Librarian of level 275 for some extra fragments and gold?

Not really part of the remit we discussed. I'm sure it could be something for the cows to look at in the future, once the system is bedded in and running. Would have to be carefully controlled tho, so as not to make game-breaking potions.

#37 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:38

at least make the fragments unbound,just to have some trade in AH...

and  why we have distil pots if we can use it on all potions?  :o

#38 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:40

personally i don't see the need for a trade off with the composing potions. There are a good deal of potions in the game that spell breaker and Leech do not work on yet they are able to be distilled. These will be the only potions in the game that distil doesnt work on, unless you make them to only be distilled by level 50 distil which would bring some much needed attention back to the special section distil pot that sells for base value more often than not. Another gold sink, win-win in my opinion.

Those of us that discussed it thought that Distil shouldn't work for the following reasons.

1. The reason I listed above, about spell leech / spell breaker not working on it

2. The multitude of buffs (well, up to 5) that could be in any given potion

3. The maximum duration of them being up to 5 hrs.

I guess tho, if enough players are adamant about distil working, then Hoof will listen :)

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:41

at least make the fragments unbound,just to have some trade in AH...

and  why we have distil pots if we can use it on all potions?  :o

Why sell the fragments ? - just sell the piece that the fragments come from. Problem solved...

#40 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:44

Why sell the fragments ? - just sell the piece that the fragments come from. Problem solved...

double invent :)...more players involved in it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: