#21 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08

I've seen a few drops in the logs - it's a Gloves / Shield Armor / Damage combo :)

ok cool, ty i must be just missing the drops.

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56

How are you guys liking the sets?

#23 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:41

Big kudos on the new SE's. Very nice.

I do think it's about time you at the HCS studios had a bit of a talk about the drop rates of the SE's though. God knows how often I look at the SE log to see the list completely devoid of dropped items. Was thinking the other day, in regards to composing... Unless we want to simply farm Deathspinner amulets, ad infinitum, the SE fragments are ridiculously difficult to obtain.

Either that Grim, or disable SE medals for the day and have some SE events. That could be pretty epic.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#24 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:54

Im liking the SE! Got a real good reason to finally take the Xindy challenge!!

I dont know yet about the sets because I havent seen one together yet. It does seem that 375 isnt a great armor area and at 400 it takes up a space in one sort of popular combo of hondos, tri eye, ammit and demon queen which seems to be a not really effective but pretty nice armor setup,,, sadly defense still  rules well past 500 right now. I am excited to see a set together and see what I can work it with,, maybe will change things around!

And it was awesome of you guys to add this with no fanfare so we all got a nice supprise!!!

But I got to ask,,,, Please Sir,,,can I have some more???

Maybe occasionally slip in a couple like this untill we got 2 for each level space sort of like how the rotating ones were working but now are out with the old ones and make a great mix as well as lots of guys for us all to hunt up! Counting NB and the new 375 we would be missing a 250 and 300 one,,, yes shameless self gratification but im sure other levels would appreciate more fun too thats just places I see and a reason (even a lame and self centered one) to add another :)

Big kudos on the new SE's. Very nice.

I do think it's about time you at the HCS studios had a bit of a talk about the drop rates of the SE's though. God knows how often I look at the SE log to see the list completely devoid of dropped items. Was thinking the other day, in regards to composing... Unless we want to simply farm Deathspinner amulets, ad infinitum, the SE fragments are ridiculously difficult to obtain.

Either that Grim, or disable SE medals for the day and have some SE events. That could be pretty epic.

Does anyone actually break real SE gear??

To me I go back to when NB came out and we saw how much Rippy could use it. The time it took to get a set made it worth a lot more to us and the fact that its not dropping 100% and filling up AH and players gear spaces immediately after release didnt hurt either. If the rate was increased it would just mean the gear loses value faster to a point where people dont hunt it because pleanty of FFd ones are available in resale market. I think a low drop rate and rarity is the card to play with SE gear and as mentioned above more could be added to mix up the gear options with stuff people are gonna have to work real hard or reward those who did for it :)

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00

That could be fun, but would have to be a very careful selection of SE's - i.e. the ones who's drops are next to worthless.

OR

The drops could be set to auto-compose so that any drops got during the event were ONLY for composing and not available for selling on ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#26 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:03

Oh yea,, I am on the fence but leaning tward not liking a SE day. 

the gear worth mentioned above is one part, suspension of the medal is kinda bad too.

Id rather see cool new events of another type and leave SE to be hunted

OH and please next time do not include the info on UFSG!!!! At least till they have been found in each area it spawns in by looking for it first!  Not only did I not look all over from 350 and up because I knew I could not reach an area it was in but kind of a downer that people found the areas on the guide and took away the fanfare of "the first to find" as well as,, from what I heard,, made the spawn areas a dogpile immediately after the news it was out.

#27 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:07

"Does anyone actually break real SE gear??

To me I go back to when NB came out and we saw how much Rippy could use it. The time it took to get a set made it worth a lot more to us and the fact that its not dropping 100% and filling up AH and players gear spaces immediately after release didn't hurt either. If the rate was increased it would just mean the gear loses value faster to a point where people don't hunt it because plenty of FF'd ones are available in resale market. I think a low drop rate and rarity is the card to play with SE gear and as mentioned above more could be added to mix up the gear options with stuff people are going to have to work real hard or reward those who did for it :)"

The point is, we 'should' be breaking SE gear instead of farming lowly creatures to fragment DS amulets over and over.

If the gear drops regularly, people will not feel such a hardship in 'breaking' it, thus not as many will end up in backpacks.

People don't even bother using FI1000 to hunt these SE's any more, as it doesn't seem to help in the slightest. Peoples personal agendas regarding gear 'prices' always seem to get in the way...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#28 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:11

That could be fun, but would have to be a very careful selection of SE's - i.e. the ones who's drops are next to worthless.

OR

The drops could be set to auto-compose so that any drops got during the event were ONLY for composing and not available for selling on ...

If gear pricing is such a big deal... The second option, if possible, would certainly take care of any worries a person could have. Nice one.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#29 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:12

"Does anyone actually break real SE gear??

To me I go back to when NB came out and we saw how much Rippy could use it. The time it took to get a set made it worth a lot more to us and the fact that its not dropping 100% and filling up AH and players gear spaces immediately after release didn't hurt either. If the rate was increased it would just mean the gear loses value faster to a point where people don't hunt it because plenty of FF'd ones are available in resale market. I think a low drop rate and rarity is the card to play with SE gear and as mentioned above more could be added to mix up the gear options with stuff people are going to have to work real hard or reward those who did for it :)"

The point is, we 'should' be breaking SE gear instead of farming lowly creatures to fragment DS amulets over and over.

If the gear drops regularly, people will not feel such a hardship in 'breaking' it, thus not as many will end up in backpacks.

People don't even bother using FI1000 to hunt these SE's any more, as it doesn't seem to help in the slightest. Peoples personal agendas regarding gear 'prices' always seem to get in the way...

I pointed out the ammy isnt really SE gear and was told its known and not a issue. I think its needed,, and was intended to be for SE frags since it would be pretty hard to get enough when we reach that level they are going to be used by using "real" SE stuff. 

And I dunno about others but we usually distill a FI1k if we can even when Rippy was hunting amakiri but for any SE, along with 4L. 

Id like to see the new SEs I asked about but added with recipes that use older stuff taking some out while adding new in. 

(for the option to do a event with auto compose) When I get a destroyer pot I would HATE that second option!!!! If theres an event I hope its not auto compose!!

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:16

Id like to see the new SEs I asked about but added with recipes that use older stuff taking some out while adding new in. 

Now that we have composing and, ultimately, people will use SE fragments, maybe it's time to reassess the drop rates and increase them a bit.

But, given that some sets, especially the new ones, are currently holding premium prices, only the "less desirable" ones need tweaking ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:18

I pointed out the ammy isnt really SE gear and was told its known and not a issue. I think its needed,, and was intended to be for SE frags since it would be pretty hard to get enough when we reach that level they are going to be used by using "real" SE stuff. 

And I dunno about others but we usually distill a FI1k if we can even when Rippy was hunting amakiri but for any SE, along with 4L. 

(for the option to do a event with auto compose) When I get a destroyer pot I would HATE that second option!!!! If theres an event I hope its not auto compose!!

Potions don't fragment... :S Besides, you 'just' said earlier that you wouldn't like more SE gear around because it would deflate prices, but once you think of something you would want as a drop your mind changes? Dude...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#32 Mylo

Mylo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:23

Dont touch drop rate. Just put few new SE,and combine them into recepies for new items. That way you upgrade  PvP,SE hunts,Composing,Arena,AH etc. all aspects of the game. You can even put arena resources with new SE`s.

#33 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:40

Potions don't fragment... :S Besides, you 'just' said earlier that you wouldn't like more SE gear around because it would deflate prices, but once you think of something you would want as a drop your mind changes? Dude...

I dont want a event were the choice to frag or keep is taken out.

And to me it was more about availablility than price, we liked that she was one of the first to use NB and had big advantage over those who didnt have the set yet. As time went on everyone uses it now and some are finally reaching AH as a used and FFd state. 

I like SE gear to be rare and hard to get,, price is just a indication of demand and used for that purpose when explaining why I didnt think increasing the drop rate is a good idea.

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:51

*sigh*

You realise your post is a giant contradiction, right?

You want SE gear to remain rare, yet you want the choice to keep all the drops you get?

Perhaps if you ask Hoof really, REALLY nicely he'll make it so everyone gets their drops auto fragmented, except you.

Would that work? :P

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:25

And it was awesome of you guys to add this with no fanfare so we all got a nice supprise!!!
But I got to ask,,,, Please Sir,,,can I have some more???

It's my intention to add more as time goes along. I will not be giving warning regarding them. LEs, sure. SEs, no.

OR

Maybe. Can discuss the idea with Hoofmaster.

OH and please next time do not include the info on UFSG!!!!

Yeah, that's just part of how the UFSG functions. Gonna ask Hoofmaster to make a minor tweak regarding creatures that are not in the Guide not display in Realms either.

Oh. Fixed the 375 set. Set bonus was in Att instead of Arm where it is supposed to be.

#36 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 13:25

I like the new level 1225 set, but can you change it to be attack/ damage like your doing for the level 375 set?

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2013 - 13:38

Nope. The set is as it is intended to be. The 375 was fixed to what it was meant to be.

#38 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 13:43

2-3 piece Atk/Dam sets that don't include a weapon would be widely accepted I think.

When you include a weapon (because of the way Se sets work) you lose the bonus applied when using EW skill. Which often renders the set useless. Well, for hunting purposes anyway.

Or a crazy 9 piece set with a truly EPIC set bonus. Would love to see a useful 9 piece set, there hasn't been one for such a long time.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#39 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 15:00

Or a crazy 9 piece set with a truly EPIC set bonus. Would love to see a useful 9 piece set, there hasn't been one for such a long time.

I am not sure about a whole 9 piece set as any buff that adds to stats for every set like keen edge, smashing hammer, armor boost, and shield wall would not be as effective.....however it would give you a reason to use the buffs balance attack/defense.

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:35

I am not sure about a whole 9 piece set as any buff that adds to stats for every set like keen edge, smashing hammer, armor boost, and shield wall would not be as effective.....however it would give you a reason to use the buffs balance attack/defense.

That's I said it'd need an EPIC set bonus.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: