Photo

Development Update January 2014!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#21 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:45

Great changes looking forward to see them in game. A little sad though, still nothing about AH, personal shops or something that would help us trade among players

#22 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:00

Mages are still a very powerful and versatile class in pvp and pve, you have much more aoe damage compared to rangers, the ability to heal and strong insta-damage dps. I think mages are one of the classes that will least be to worry about during a balance fix since they are so much better than other classes at more than one role.

Much more? The only thing we have and rangers dont is a low cooldown aoe channal, and here they have a high cooldown one (Storm). Oh and a close combat low dmg snare where they have a ranged non dmging one.

So:

- Storm 1 min CD 10 sec channal VS our Blizzard *with talents Storm 105% DPS VS Blizzard 90% DPS*

- Blazing arrow 12 sec CD VS Erupt 30 sec CD *125% DPS vs 100% DPS*

- Spectral arrow 2 min CD 10 sec channel VS Dragon Breath 2 min CD 6 sec channal *same dmg per secound*

- Talents its: Insta cast Monsoon 12 sec CD vs 2 sec casttime Engulf 10 sec CD < is dmg over time...

Yes we can do some healing but no way near prophet levels... Itt is like saying you can you are a well rounded class becuse you can dodge tank as an assasin...

So gimping haste will strongly gimp our class unless done right...

#23 SirTharak

SirTharak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:05

I hope the downloadable client will be available for all major operating systems, including OS-X (?). 

#24 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:29

So gimping haste will strongly gimp our class unless done right...

It's not just your class that will be effected, it's for all attributes and effects dodge and haste.

Mage is by far the most powerful class right now, denying that would mean you can only see a biased view towards class balance.

Quite allot of us who do pvp regularly focused on each class and the way abilities were handled, nothing came close to a mage's versatility.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#25 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:33

So:

- Storm 1 min CD 10 sec channal VS our Blizzard *with talents Storm 105% DPS VS Blizzard 90% DPS*

Blizzard has no CD so you can use it whenever, Erupt is 375% over 5 seconds with the talent, Dragons breath is 150% per second and Overload is 215% -30% per jump with the talent. Mage are NOT lacking in AoE, in fact we have way too much of it. 

- Blazing arrow 12 sec CD VS Erupt 30 sec CD *125% DPS vs 100% DPS*

Yet you completely disregard the smoldering caldera dps, ie. the whole point of the spell. With the talent this ability does 375% dps over 5 seconds aoe and it's instant cast.

- Spectral arrow 2 min CD 10 sec channel VS Dragon Breath 2 min CD 6 sec channal *same dmg per secound*

Spectral arrow is completely garbage, rangers are better off using auto attack and keeping up their normal rotation. How can you compare these 2 abilities when one is a giant cone AoE and one is single target?

- Talents its: Insta cast Monsoon 12 sec CD vs 2 sec casttime Engulf 10 sec CD < is dmg over time...

Engulf needs a cast time reduction, but if we're comparing skills refer to what I wrote above, mages already have way more AoE than any other class.

You can't just compare each ability of different classes in such an arbitrary fashion, look at the skill set as a whole and the synergy that is there instead of pulling 1 ability at a time.

I don't understand how anyone can argue against mages being overpowered with current haste values, I am a mage myself and I am baffled that they went through beta in this state with the 300% instant dmg, 400% instant heal and 2x aoe damage of other classes. Thankfully with the correct feedback now maybe HCS can get around to correcting the class balance so we can all enjoy a more fair game.

Edited by Malthrus, 23 January 2014 - 20:36.

#26 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:42

It's not just your class that will be effected, it's for all attributes and effects dodge and haste.

Mage is by far the most powerful class right now, denying that would mean you can only see a biased view towards class balance.

Quite allot of us who do pvp regularly focused on each class and the way abilities were handled, nothing came close to a mage's versatility.

I think your view is strongly biased becuse you PvP and apperently getting owned by mages or something?...

I am not talking about PvP and AOE dmg of which I spoke has NOTHING to do with PvP AT ALL...

Unless the mages owning you are using Blizzard to kill you in which case you are a terrible PvPer to begin with...

#27 Hiddie

Hiddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:49

Webeg, mages are the most overpowered class as of right now. Not only for PvP but also PvE.

Note that the first lv 40s were all mages.

Also, I played PvP the most of all people and I'm doing pretty well. Mages is the only class that can kill me in the PvP Battlegrounds. For example Jack.

Also, comparing Neon fighting against mages in battleground is unfair. Since all the long-ranged classes have a huge advantage compared to close-combat melee classes.

tl:dr: Mages need a huge nerf, archers as well. You can't say mages are underpowered, cause they are currently the strongest. I think you need more experience in PvP/Trapper's. And for PvE: they are the fastest class to level with.

Edited by Hiddie, 23 January 2014 - 20:50.

This world can't handle me.

#28 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:51

We've got some the artist finalizing quest items, rewards and item sets for the level 41-45 update as well as a few outstanding bits and pieces. We are also creating a new large leveling zones for level 49 (Realm of Chaos) and work is continuing on the end game level 50 (Dragon Isle) zone.

You can't be serious!!

End-game in 50 levels? You can play out this game, which the developpers worked on for many years in lets say two/three months!???!

#29 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 20:53

I think your view is strongly biased becuse you PvP and apperently getting owned by mages or something?...

I am not talking about PvP and AOE dmg of which I spoke has NOTHING to do with PvP AT ALL...

Unless the mages owning you are using Blizzard to kill you in which case you are a terrible PvPer to begin with...

My last statement was to do with pvp, I was referring to mages in general with the first two.

As for this response there's no need to become frustrated over my reply, chill out abit. If you are struggling to kill players as a mage then I'm pretty sure that would make you the "terrible pvper".

Most of us at 40 have seen all classes play, I've been 40 since the 11th of December and thats over a month of watching other level 40s play. In that time It's been quite obvious how overpowered the mage is, both in pvp and less than pvp but still in pve.

Edited by Neon, 23 January 2014 - 20:54.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#30 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:10

Blizzard has no CD so you can use it whenever, Erupt is 375% over 5 seconds with the talent, Dragons breath is 150% per second and Overload is 215% -30% per jump with the talent. Mage are NOT lacking in AoE, in fact we have way too much of it. 

Yet you completely disregard the smoldering caldera dps, ie. the whole point of the spell. With the talent this ability does 375% dps over 5 seconds aoe and it's instant cast.

Spectral arrow is completely garbage, rangers are better off using auto attack and keeping up their normal rotation. How can you compare these 2 abilities when one is a giant cone AoE and one is single target?

Engulf needs a cast time reduction, but if we're comparing skills refer to what I wrote above, mages already have way more AoE than any other class.

You can't just compare each ability of different classes in such an arbitrary fashion, look at the skill set as a whole and the synergy that is there instead of pulling 1 ability at a time.

I don't understand how anyone can argue against mages being overpowered with current haste values, I am a mage myself and I am baffled that they went through beta in this state with the 300% instant dmg, 400% instant heal and 2x aoe damage of other classes. Thankfully with the correct feedback now maybe HCS can get around to correcting the class balance so we can all enjoy a more fair game.

First off... What self respecting mage uses Overload... At 1.5 secounds casttime its quite bad as an AOE spell that hits UP to the increadible number of 5 mobs...

Second I made a mistake thinking Spectral arrow was AOE so Ill give you the Dragon Breath point, they still have Detonate tho...

But Erupt with 3 talent points VS Blazing arrow 3 talent points...

Its 375% DPS on 30 secounds CD vs 200% DPS on 12 secounds CD...

In one minute Erupt does 750% DPS and Blazing Arrow does 1000% DPS with no cooldown reductions from haste and for Erupt to hit with all ticks mobs have to be snared or tanked.

Except for Blizzard most of our AOE spells have high cooldowns which was combated with haste that is how you get great synergy from our skills not by standing around waiting for cooldowns while channaling Blizzard...

Again im not talking about single targets and healing... Tho even here if you ignore the almight high number boners you get from Ignite you dont have that much else. *Boiling blood and Incinerate are both on cast times*

#31 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:11

Well Back on Topic sounds like some really great things coming out for every one...

#32 Etcher

Etcher

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:19

Great changes looking forward to see them in game. A little sad though, still nothing about AH, personal shops or something that would help us trade among players

I've only been playing a few days but loving it so far. Today I've spent hours just crafting! There aren't many MMOs I could do that in and find it worthwhile. But like you I wish there was an AH. That is my number one wish.

#33 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

A nerf to dodge? yet another nerf to assassins then when already weakest... Trying to drive us all out eh?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#34 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Webeg, mages are the most overpowered class as of right now. Not only for PvP but also PvE.

Note that the first lv 40s were all mages.

Also, I played PvP the most of all people and I'm doing pretty well. Mages is the only class that can kill me in the PvP Battlegrounds. For example Jack.

Also, comparing Neon fighting against mages in battleground is unfair. Since all the long-ranged classes have a huge advantage compared to close-combat melee classes.

tl:dr: Mages need a huge nerf, archers as well. You can't say mages are underpowered, cause they are currently the strongest. I think you need more experience in PvP/Trapper's. And for PvE: they are the fastest class to level with.

I am not saying mages are underpowered and I have never said that. I am only saying that Haste plays a HUGE role in mage builds at the moment. GIMPING haste will have a HUGE impact on mages in the update if not done right.

#35 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:23

You can't be serious!!

End-game in 50 levels? You can play out this game, which the developpers worked on for many years in lets say two/three months!???!

End-game refers to the level 50 content not the literal end of the game... When they raise the level cap in the future that will become new end-game content...

#36 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:27

Wow some cool stuff coming loving the look of the new areas..

but as a prophet i'm really not liking the idea of a reduction in haste..

i already found out how painful it is with the reduction is damage absorption you folks did to redeption :(  

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#37 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:32

A nerf to dodge? yet another nerf to assassins then when already weakest... Trying to drive us all out eh?

We'll be looking to compensate this by improving the assassin's dodge talent.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#38 Voolf

Voolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:32

Everyone is always whining about nerfing class they are playing, this never changes. But eventually we learn and adapt how to play our classes after nerfs anyway. And in most cases it is always like "Oh well this nerf wasn't as but as i suspected".

So try to chill out untill patch comes, then you all play and start whining if there will be really reason to.

Edited by Voolf, 23 January 2014 - 21:40.

#39 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:40

Everyone is always whining about nerfing class they are playing, this never changes. But eventually we learn and adapt how to play our classes after nerfs anyway. And in most cases it is always like "Oh well this nerf wasn't as but as i suspected".

So try to chill out untill patch comes, then you all play and start whining if there is really reason to.

No whining from me... Just pointing out some stuff...

Tbh I can just use the reset to play a ranger in the end when the update comes since they are not focused on haste and I have enough TR relics...

But its not good for a game when most people just play the one class... Especially when there isnt that big of a population...

Edited by Webeg, 23 January 2014 - 22:27.

#40 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 22:56

So try to chill out untill patch comes, then you all play and start whining if there will be really reason to.

i'm whining but not about nerfing but instead because the nerf's aren't being done right.....

tell me what exactly the increased CD did on bene? its just silly that all these "nerfs" are "lets slow the times ppl can cast them" so they make haste not as good so ppl cant spam bene or cant use caulterize as often or cant get 2 second CD on ignire.. so now my pvp team ends up being 1 hunter and 4 prophets the skills are the same so just need to have more prophets to cycle them so we can still keep bene up, we can still have continual caulterize, we can still have fast ignites.....

its pointless.. YES balancing needs done but at the skill level NOT the atribute level... haste was fine, dodge was fine, Crit is fine.. you can stack that up to 70% and maybe higher but not seeing anything about it.... regardless all them were fine its the SKILLS that the problem some classes are lacking in skill's tehy need and some have some OP skills... adress those issues not ruin peoples builds and force them to limit the classes they are willing to group with.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: