Photo

1.14 Game Update : 12th June 4pm BST.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#21 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 13:55

It's range is 5 yards i.e.: melee range is 2 yards for comparison.

Bosses have their own mechanics including many that ignore the agro table comple

the other player is at the same spot as me as he is using mealstrom, so when i cast cry all the mobs are next to me when i loss agro to the warrior. so i am in ranger of the mobs but cry doesn't allways take aggro back from the warrior.  i will test again after update and report findings of what i see better on a different post.

Edited by sdcrichy, 12 June 2014 - 13:56.

#22 Mmoplayer75

Mmoplayer75

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 13:57

had to change a post to avoid a repost, my browser messed up and activated the button twice

Edited by Meridian, 12 June 2014 - 13:58.

#23 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 13:57

Servers are online  :lol: 

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#24 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:00

the other player is at the same spot as me as he is using mealstrom, so when i cast cry all the mobs are next to me when i loss agro to the warrior. so i am in ranger of the mobs but cry doesn't allways take aggro back from the warrior.  i will test again after update and report findings of what i see better on a different post.

Damn, looks like Kezza's gonna die again :rolleyes:

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#25 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:00

Bosses have their own mechanics including many that ignore the agro table completely.

I know bosses have reset aggro options and some have  different mechanics than other. Im just scared to use cry to aggro adds, cause it removing taunt(icon is still active, but taunt just doesnt work) and boss ignores tank till next taunt. Imo its bug.

Edited by Dasan, 12 June 2014 - 14:03.

#26 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:11

not sure i have that problem same as you dasan will see when i run tr again

#27 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:12

Was the LC bug no fixed in this update?

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#28 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:13

If inciting cry doesn't really add threat, but just holds aggro regardless of threat for 6 seconds, then it is quite useless, without a new high threat generating skill (like despair did).  Because the main reason for you to taunt mobs is you have already lost aggro (which means you already have lower threat than your dps in the first place).  Chances are, your empathize is already down during this time, so hopefully the impale fix will be enough to generate enough threat to retake it from full geared dps.  

Is there any way to know what "generates high threat" mean?  Like it seems inciting cry doesn't actually generate threat, but just "taunts" so can the description be changed to "force monsters to attack you for 6 seconds".  Or does ignite generate the same amount of threat as impale on single targets?  Does benediction generate lower threat than impale (since it doesn't say it generates high threat)?  Will make tanking easier if the threat production is more easily understood.  

It's the same as taunt it actually puts you onto the top of the agro table along with an additional buffer value.

So inciting cry does add threat on top of taunting?  Is that what you mean by buffer value?  Then why are tanks losing aggro after cry ends?  If it is just taunt, will a skill that actually adds high threat (like despair with a high cd) be implemented?  

And can we have better explanations on "generates high threat", and differentiate it from "forces monster to attack you but does not generate threat?"  So is ignite "generate high threat" mean that ignite damage has a different %threat modifier compared to another spell that does the same damage?  Is it true that bleeds and heal over time generates more threat than an upfront heal or upfront damage of the same amount?  

#29 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:20

Yes LC stacks are bugged in pvp . 

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#30 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 15:11

We've found an issue with quest items not being collectible in situations, we'll need to reboot the servers very briefly to fix this.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#31 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 15:29

Great job on TA, there are several reasons to go, it's fun (and not just centered on dailies), but if you don't go (cuz PvP isn't your thing, you're not really losing out either).  This should bring those hardcore PvPers back to patrol and kill (and prevent bots) in TA.  

ToC/Arena next hopefully :)

Edited by Alteration, 12 June 2014 - 15:30.

#32 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 15:50

Still no answer to my question on how random dungeon is decided (from original heads up post).  :(

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#33 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 15:51

Ta is beautiful now :D I love the drama there :D

advisable to go in groups of 2 + :D 

So fun :D 

Gj on smuggled resources . 

Sadly i cant use them in dailies cos i didnt unlock it :P .

Decent reward for killing . 

Little easy ,can be soloed ifu have patience . i thought purple cooloids were supposed to be coordination thingy :P 

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#34 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:35

Good you added such a boss, now add such bosses all over the place and make new sets that are only 1% less powerful than the dungeon sets. cuz it's a "mmo"

And are repeatedly farm able for 1/1k chance of set piece drop, with respawn time lower than 15minutes.

Edited by xpwaste, 12 June 2014 - 16:36.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#35 Addonexus

Addonexus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:46

4 Ranomd Dungeon Queues.. All 4 times in Boondocks.. Lowest person in the party was me at lvl 21 which means there should have been more options.

#36 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 16:57

EDIT:  Addonexus posted while I was writing this.  So its even worse than I expected, but I'll leave my post below in tact anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't tried it yet because I don't have time for dungeon runs this morning, but I'm a little disappointed with how random dungeon appears to work (and please correct me if I'm wrong).

My understanding is that when the group who selected random dungeon fills, that group is teleported to said dungeon (I'm guessing that the dungeon you're taken to is based on the lowest level in the group).  The problem is that for a lower level player to get help, they must also select random dungeon.

Example:  Players A and B are level 16 and need Vault.  Players C and D are level 22 and need Ohdar.  Players E, F, and G are between levels 25-35 and need GC/SV.  Players V, W, X, Y, and Z are level 45 and are willing to help.  In order for players A-G to receive help, they have to enter random dungeon.  Here are the problems:

(1) It makes no sense for A and B to get benevolent dungeoneer points if the group does in fact go to Vault.  They are not helping anyone but instead are functioning as the determining factor in which dungeon is selected and are the ones receiving help. 

(2) Players C-G are not really trying to help lower level players.  They are simply joining Random Dungeon to get help/fill a run that they need.  If they get in the same queue as A or B, they will be taken to a dungeon that has no purpose for them.  They may not have time to spend helping someone in a lower level dungeon.  Maybe when they realize which dungeon they are being taken to they back out, but then they are labeled as a deserter and the group needs to then wait again for someone else.  These players get penalized for trying to get help.

(3) For players E-G it may take a while to actually get the GC/SV runs if lower levels keep entering random dungeon to get help.  For players level 25-39 it may be extremely difficult to use the random dungeon feature to get help.

(4) And what if V-Z all enter the queue.  Now there's a high chance that five level 45s (or even, say, level 40-45s) are taken to a high level dungeon.  First of all, there's a high likelihood that the party will be improperly assembled for such a dungeon (multiple tanks, no healer, etc.).  Second, is this really being benevolent?  Maybe its benevolent for a level 45 to help with TR but the drops are good enough there that many are willing for that reason alone.

Better Formula: It would be much better if those entering random dungeon were used to round off a group already partially formed.  Often you may have 2 or 3 lower levels players in queue for Vault, Ohdar, or GC/SV.  Sometimes these players are active on world chat trying to get more people to join, but often they simply do quests by themselves while hoping it will fill.  When it doesn't fill after a while they log off.  Random dungeon should really be a tool that high levels use to add themselves to whichever these queues needs rounding off.

Edited by Doja, 12 June 2014 - 16:59.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#37 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 17:41

On the client and maybe browser, if you are at the first boss in RG and tilt the camera up and right using the W and D key, you wont be able to move ya character. Note: zooming out don't affect this.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#38 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:44

Still no solo content. They keep adding more group activities. I get the feeling that they are not listening. How many months has the community asked for solo content?...

It sill should take less than 1 hour to make TOC soloable.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#39 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 21:25

i personally hate PvP so i see no reason for me to even attempt plasma lord 

there are some very cool new additions and fixes keep up the awesome work

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#40 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 00:38

The Random dungeon selected should be no lower than the lowest level player in the group.  I ended up at Othalo Guardhouse with a level 15 and the rest of us were 45s...

I agree Doja that people selecting Random Dungeon are used to fill parties for those that have specifically selected a dungeon.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: