Photo

Development Update June 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#21 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 21:59

not sure how i feel about this

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#22 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 22:37

hope new scribe item used fishing materail giving this useless skill some usage. Just as well wait and see like so many other update need be done.

Over all I am here, So far still be forced find random group no help with new content when uunable get ICC run yet alone ASV - ARG>

Over all same old thing reagrdless of what happen's.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#23 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 22:54

Looking forward to it all :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 00:36

Scribe Profession and Event - TBC

With the next update players will notice a new crafting profession has appeared in your skill book, the scribe. This profession will be released at the same time as a special event later this year. In this event we will be introducing a new type of reward - Spectral items. Spectral items have a ghostly appearance and cannot be repaired but can offer increase gathering and crafting speed, they will however loose durability during this process.

attachicon.gifspectral.png

The scribe will use foraged material and wood, to create parchment, pulp, pigments and ink. Players will then be able to collect items from the event to craft nameplates, that will let them rename pets, weapons and bags. In addition to this the scribe will be able to craft 'Gifts' which will grant the player's current group with any missing class specific buffs (i.e. Invigorate) however at maximum level the scribe will be able to improve on the version available from the talent tree.

This looks.....awfully identical to a suggestion of mine from back in the day O-o 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:41

This looks.....awfully identical to a suggestion of mine from back in the day O-o 

About time right?

The world is cruel...as will I....

#26 Dave

Dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:45

18k ep wasted to get crap rolls on infernal weaps, already going to be replacing them in a couple weeks, oh well.

Didn't expect 47-49 so soon, can't really complain i suppose.

Edited by Dave, 11 June 2015 - 02:48.

#27 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:06

I suspect 49 is jewelry and armor, not weapons. That would be why they delayed 50 dungeons, which would probably be weapons. All supposition of course.

Also, I looked over the art book again, and don't see a single boss with a bow in DL. By ranged attack, do you mean spell attacks? All I see are big fists, clubs and staffs.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 11 June 2015 - 03:24.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#28 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:22

tumblr_mcdhsz_Whji1qf1mhe.gif

#29 TimeWillTell

TimeWillTell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:25

Yeah surely not new weapons already so soon after infernal weapons, hopefully it is only armour / jewels :)

#30 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:47

i cant say i wouldnt be at least a lil dissappointed if new weapons came after what ive spent fixing up 5 or 6 pf the 47 fabled, regardless though some new jewelry set would be freakin awesome though, not really caring for new armor though as 50 dungeons will provide that :)

#31 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:40

I don't see the solutions for problems we are facing, and this update doesn't seem to add any new meaningful content. It's ICC all over again.

What will you do about:

-lack of people to do dungeons with

-lack of diversity in dungeons to keep people interested past the first week

-no meaningful reason to level many crafting skills, which the game was supposed to be about

-high number of newbies quitting

-not enough revenue from cosmetics and early cash shop so you need to keep adding more p2w features like rolling gear

-too slow content update that gets completed much faster than you bring out new content

Unless you solve most of these issues, the game won't advance, people will keep quitting either at lvl 10 or at max level

#32 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:39

Best of luck with the updates Mojawk!

One thing I think it might be useful to consider before the new content (although the 50 dungeons will be a while away), is not to blindly balance the new dungeons/boss difficulty based on players who have the best gear possible.

Unfortunately with the low population, many players have always struggled to find or form groups to farm the best gear. Much of the time this is not due to laziness or lack of enthusiasm, it is simply because there are not enough players to go around.

This will ultimately lead to the selected few being able to enjoy all parts of the game and leave the rest becoming frustrated with their lack of opportunities. (well that's how it was when I was playing, maybe things have changed since)

This is not a selfless suggestion, as most will know I could get a group almost instantly when I played, but we must consider everyone.

No harm in adding some more Ascended dungeons for end game though (above and beyond the level 50 dungeons), this can be the place where the best geared/organized players will shine. It will also give the "rest" something to aspire to long term.

Edited by Mongo, 11 June 2015 - 11:44.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#33 Echelon

Echelon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:52

Unfortunately with the low population, many players have always struggled to find or form groups to farm the best gear. Much of the time this is not due to laziness or lack of enthusiasm, it is simply because there are not enough players to go around.

This will ultimately lead to the selected few being able to enjoy all parts of the game and leave the rest becoming frustrated with their lack of opportunities. (well that's how it was when I was playing, maybe things have changed since)

This is still the case unfortunately, but i have been seeing more and more players with fabled gear which is a good sign i think since they added relics to the chests in ASV which i think was a great move by HCS. Infernal gear however is still out of reach of most players due to the limited number of groups that successfully run ICC.

Gathering Skills

Crystal Cutting: 49 Farming: 49 Fishing: 49 Foraging: 49 Forestry: 49 Prospecting: 49

Skinning: 49 

Crafting Skills

Alchemy: 49 Armorsmithing: 49 Cooking: 49 Jewelry: 49 Leatherworking: 49 

Scribe: n/a Tailoring: 49 Weaponsmithing: 49 

#34 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 13:49

Unfortunately, the process is to make hardcore friends that are always on, be lucky enough to have the right classes, and then get full opals socketed. In the last month I have found the DPS, but no tank, or a tank would be on, but then no one else. The heart of the problem is that 99.9% of my friends have quit the game, and continue to do so. So, after a month of trying, I have done 0 ICC runs. How can anyone not give up on the game with that experience?

I gave up on trying, and just log on for a select few dailies. Never teaming, never loot hunting, never socializing. That's the game for me now.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#35 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 13:55

Far from being excited, I see this as worrying, as this plan will probs eat up most of this year. hopeully not next year. Most of it seems to be down the pipeline, who knows. What is tangible and within reach in the nearest update, some extra levels and gear for what ??

I mean craft gear to do what ?????????? If you are having trouble and can't find groups you don't need new gear as you lack dungeon time anyway. Creating new names for bags ...... etc etc this is all gimmicky add ons that is going to become grating I would imagine. Also buffs will be only useful to people with groups.

O and if you need special parts to craft gear, DON'T PUT THEM IN DUNGEONS OR GROUP AREAS to drop. Will only put them out of reach for some, ensure there is viable areas for people to get them alone.

I could be mistaken, how will these updates solve all of eldevins problems. queue system, auction house. Guilds sound like junk in phase one. Hopefully I am wrong.

#36 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 14:34

no idea why so many people who play so long still have problem finding team~~. 

well i'm just lucky i guess.

#37 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 14:41

Far from being excited, I see this as worrying, as this plan will probs eat up most of this year. hopeully not next year. Most of it seems to be down the pipeline, who knows. What is tangible and within reach in the nearest update, some extra levels and gear for what ??

I mean craft gear to do what ?????????? If you are having trouble and can't find groups you don't need new gear as you lack dungeon time anyway. Creating new names for bags ...... etc etc this is all gimmicky add ons that is going to become grating I would imagine. Also buffs will be only useful to people with groups.

O and if you need special parts to craft gear, DON'T PUT THEM IN DUNGEONS OR GROUP AREAS to drop. Will only put them out of reach for some, ensure there is viable areas for people to get them alone.

I could be mistaken, how will these updates solve all of eldevins problems. queue system, auction house. Guilds sound like junk in phase one. Hopefully I am wrong.

once again u are quite behind the truth, these may make a % of current players happy but for how long, u will disagree here though fable but i think a drawcard on things to do is definitely get a pvp tournament system going with rankings, i saw it suggested somewhere, despite how unpopular pvp is with many there are actually also MANY who like it, keep the tournaments to an island or zone like battlgrounds and away from gatherers and its a big step in something for many to do AND somewhat solo as itll group u with anyone, needs a tiered system, eg people level 20 to 35, 36 to 50.

#38 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 15:36

There is a lot of work to be done on pvp before they add something like pvp tournament,a lot...

Fire,i like fire.

#39 AresDeusEx

AresDeusEx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 17:45

OMG I want lv 50 polearm

#40 gotan

gotan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 17:52

no idea why so many people who play so long still have problem finding team~~. 

well i'm just lucky i guess.

No, you are not just lucky. You are more social than most players. Let us not overlook the likely demographics of MMORPG players. One thing they all have in common is that they enjoy sitting in front of a screen for hours each day. imo, with some exceptions, this appeals to peeps that tend to be a bit shy. To appeal to the majority, the game needs to facilitate group activity without encouraging cliques. Just take a look at forum posts and world chat. Maybe 10% of players online at any given time participate in wc; even fewer post in forums.

Unfortunately, the process is to make hardcore friends that are always on, be lucky enough to have the right classes, and then get full opals socketed. In the last month I have found the DPS, but no tank, or a tank would be on, but then no one else. The heart of the problem is that 99.9% of my friends have quit the game, and continue to do so. So, after a month of trying, I have done 0 ICC runs. How can anyone not give up on the game with that experience?

I gave up on trying, and just log on for a select few dailies. Never teaming, never loot hunting, never socializing. That's the game for me now.

I think ComradeLewis makes my point. I find it rather discouraging to know that there are long time, fully geared, skilled players who, for any reason, have not been able to secure a group to run ICC. On the other hand, I am aware of a player who has made over 700 ICC runs since release.

Accordingly, there doesn't seem to be anything but grind facing most noobs all the way from level 5 to (presently) level 47.  Most all looted weapons and armor seem to have little or no value to other players, so there is no market for them outside of NPC vendors.  The same can be said for gathered and crafted items. If one perseveres to level 47 and gets fully geared, what to do? Not surprising that many players are lost along the way.

On a positive note, HC has created a game with several engaging story lines and an acceptably large and growing environment with lots of dungeons and quests. Perhaps HC can figure a way to leverage existing assets to enhance player appeal while lowering development time and costs.

Edited by gotan, 11 June 2015 - 17:56.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: