Photo

Secured, but still alive Titans ...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Should this be implemented ? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this be implemented ?

1. Voted Yes, if they secure, they kill or lose it (13 votes [43.33%])

Percentage of vote: 43.33%

2. Voted Yes, but needs a tweak or two (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Voted I don't care .. (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Voted No, but something needs changing (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. Voted No, end of. (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2011 - 00:48

I don't really see why they should change the system. If a guild wants to rush to a secure and then is too lazy or disinterested to finish it off, so be it. They still will not get the reward for their hard spent time and stamina until it's finally done.

What should really be done is that HCS should develop a high level titan with a reward people actually want, as has been suggested by several high level players. HCS was warned about this happening by more than one player once this latest Titan was introduced. There is no sense in changing the whole system when the attractiveness and value of the latest titan Drop is the real issue.

The elemental blazing shield is the best shield (for hunting) from Level 900 until it gets superceded at Level 1076. The item is wanted - well, i'd say it was - and, given the nature of the drop itself, it can be moulded into an Attack shield, a Defence shield, an Armor shield and a Damage shield. That, to me, says WANTED, if nothing else, because of the flexibility you have with it. I just see the problem as being one of a securing guild can't be bothered to finish it off because it will interfere with their profit_vs_investment spreadsheet :).

So, I stick with my original suggestion - if you secure and don't kill, you have a week (after 2 weeks have elapsed) to finish it off, or you lose all the kills and stamina invested, and the titan just walks away, laughing :)

I still really don't see the point in changing the rules just because of one titan. If the item really was as "wanted" as you claim it is why aren't people finishing it off rather than letting it sit there for a month? I have yet to hear a logical explanation. Not that I'm ever even going to hunt that titan, but I still fail to see why. I can handle a few complaints from the guild who secures and is too lazy to finish the job. No sense changing all the rules.

My guess is, on this titan, that the TKP earned from finishing it off will be negligible, compared to the TKP to earn the item via 2nd-5th places ? - I don't know that for certain tho. This isn't the only titan tho, sometimes the Colossus gets secured and left too, I believe ?

#22 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:01

When I secured my first colossus. I secured it while guildless and wanted to wait till the drop came in before joining a guild. I got my 3600 odd kills and sat about waiting for it to be cleaned up. After 3-4 days, I got annoyed at waiting and cleaned up the remaining 2k kills myself.

The first one was killed prior to lightwalk being available.

I have secured it a few times since then(after the introduction of the flail). each time, I don't think it has survived longer than 2 days. The last couple I have secured in the last month, have normally been dead within a day.

colossus is not the problem it once used to be :) which is a good thing.

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:29

I don't think u will keep hunting titan if its not getting u fsps to buy stamina and hunt it more ;):)

I've bought a total of 50 stamina, ever. Yet I have a gold Titan medal and, with my wife, quite a few secured drops. So I think you may have me confused with someone from . . . some other guild.

I know u wont waste much stamina since there not much competition on titans anymore... and win this drops easy ,yea that's Fun

#24 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2011 - 21:19

The poll doesn't seem to be working - I could not vote. And it seems no one else has either.

Polls are working now - seems the new skinning of the forum turned them back on - so, PLEASE VOTE :)

#25 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2011 - 21:26

this is a really terrible idea it is supposed to be a competition, any guild can win/secure a titan. We at A Team proved this against FFSjust after leaving them, as have many other guilds, WAL, Time Guardians and the list goes on. If you say these guilds are all big then consider Elysian Fields ability to secure titans, they are a tightly knit unit who could run most guilds close on most titans.

People who would vote yes for this idea are too lazy to actually pull their fingers out and work hard for the rewards and only wish those who do work hard to suffer an unreasonable amount simply for spite.

Hard work gets you a long way 8)

#26 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2011 - 22:12

this is a really terrible idea it is supposed to be a competition, any guild can win/secure a titan. We at A Team proved this against FFSjust after leaving them, as have many other guilds, WAL, Time Guardians and the list goes on. If you say these guilds are all big then consider Elysian Fields ability to secure titans, they are a tightly knit unit who could run most guilds close on most titans.

People who would vote yes for this idea are too lazy to actually pull their fingers out and work hard for the rewards and only wish those who do work hard to suffer an unreasonable amount simply for spite.

Where am I not saying that any guild can secure a titan ??

The whole point of this thread is to "tie-up" the loose ends of titans that the securing guild can't be bothered to finish off because it will affect their profit/loss account. If a guild secures it, and no-one else wants to finish it off for them (for whatever reason), then the onus comes back to the securing guild. If they chose not to do so, they lose their kills and stamina spent, and the titan disappears, only to spawn again at some point in the future.

Maybe this solution will stop a guild racing to a secure and then complaining that no-one else will finish off their job ? :)

#27 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 22:25

Great idea.

Dont start something you cant finish.

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:11

The whole point of this thread is to "tie-up" the loose ends of titans that the securing guild can't be bothered to finish off because it will affect their profit/loss account. If a guild secures it, and no-one else wants to finish it off for them (for whatever reason), then the onus comes back to the securing guild. If they chose not to do so, they lose their kills and stamina spent, and the titan disappears, only to spawn again at some point in the future.

Maybe this solution will stop a guild racing to a secure and then complaining that no-one else will finish off their job ? :)

This will kill game in this aspect ! trust me... already a few guilds compete on titans .. with this idea to lose titan if not finished HP , it will be completely dead

I don't think u have much of idea about whats going on titans fields ! Never saw u hunting it or even u don't have bronze medal man...

#29 fs_wesleyao

fs_wesleyao
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:12

This will kill game in this aspect ! trust me... already a few guilds compete on titans .. with this idea to lose titan if not finished HP , it will be completely dead

I don't think u have much of idea about whats going on titans fields ! Never saw u hunting it or even u don't have bronze medal man...

I fail to see how losing a titan after 3 weeks as is OP's idea or even after 3-4 days (as per my idea) would kill titan hunting in ANY way, shape or form. The ONLY thing this would do it make those guilds that rush to secure titans when they spawn make sure they go back and "finish" it up before the timelimit is up.

Oh BOO HOO MY STAMINA. It's free and chances are that if your way into titan hunting you have epic items and earn even more stam than most players.

Oh BOO HOO MY TIME. Don't start something you don't want to finish.

Oh BOO HOO the titan left and we didn't get a drop after all that HARD work we put into it. Again, don't start something you don't plan on finishing. Secondly, titan hunting when you have 3-4 hunters on the titan is actually EASY compared to the (usually) SOLO hunter cleaning up. It uses MORE stamina to solo as they have to move to EVERY titan spawn, not just a single area of the map. And to top that off, they don't even get anything for their work but some TKP's that they can't use until later.

I see nothing wrong with this idea being put into place.

#30 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:29

I fail to see how losing a titan after 3 weeks as is OP's idea or even after 3-4 days (as per my idea) would kill titan hunting in ANY way, shape or form. The ONLY thing this would do it make those guilds that rush to secure titans when they spawn make sure they go back and "finish" it up before the timelimit is up.

Oh BOO HOO MY STAMINA. It's free and chances are that if your way into titan hunting you have epic items and earn even more stam than most players.

Oh BOO HOO MY TIME. Don't start something you don't want to finish.

Oh BOO HOO the titan left and we didn't get a drop after all that HARD work we put into it. Again, don't start something you don't plan on finishing. Secondly, titan hunting when you have 3-4 hunters on the titan is actually EASY compared to the (usually) SOLO hunter cleaning up. It uses MORE stamina to solo as they have to move to EVERY titan spawn, not just a single area of the map. And to top that off, they don't even get anything for their work but some TKP's that they can't use until later.

I see nothing wrong with this idea being put into place.

Not everyone got ur view or have fun in game like you...

Some having fun when they win...
Some having fun when they just hunt titans even no win..
Some having fun when they win profit...

SO stop being sarcastic and respect everyone view for having fun in game...
I'm retired from most aspects in game cuz of this type of ppl its getting boring and some ppl don't have much activity started suggest things killing game and as we see its dying slowly... Good luck with ur fun ...

#31 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 15:54

If people are somehow offended/bothered by the fact that titans stick around too long, then doubling (in many cases) the stamina requirement, is not going to solve the problem. Titans are alive 'too long' because the TKP reward is not worth the effort. 'Worth' is clearly subjective, but when titans are alive for weeks at a time, it becomes much less subjective.

Doubling the stamina requirement, because you will be forfeiting your kill if you just secure it, is going to make them even MORE not worth it.

#32 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2011 - 21:32

You're right, I don't titan hunt - the only ones i DID hunt were the elemental ones, for the weapons/quests - but how is that even remotely relevent ? - Does that mean that because someone doesn't participate in an aspect of the game that they are, by default, not allowed an opinion on it ?. The reason i don't hunt titans is a 300ms+ ping to the HCS servers - not really a viable option for me to try hunting them.

This whole suggestion of mine came about from your (or your guilds - can't remember which) joke thread about when will "our" secured titan be killed by someone else, so we can get the drop from it. My solution to that problem is outlined both there, and here - finish it off yourself, or lose it. That way, another titan can spawn and give folk another opportunity on it.

And it won't kill titan hunting - its only applicable on this one titan and, sometimes, the colossus - stop making a mountain out of a molehill :). Under the current system, that titan will sit there, indefinately, preventing another one spawning until you, or someone else, decides to waste the stamina needed on it. Under MY solution, it would walk away if not killed (a far more realistic probability, if nothing else) and allow another one to spawn at some point in the future.

#33 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 21:47

Im not a massive titan hunter and only killed about 600 but still doesn't take a genius to know that the Guardian of Elements has sat their for ages. I can see both sides of the arguements here, but there must be a limit on how long a titan is there for.

I think if a titan is their for more than 2 weeks SOMETHING should happen to quickly finish it of as it will keep happening. In the time that the Guardian of Elements has been their if in someway it was killed quicker, it could have spawned again and killed. If no one kills a titan it could be sat their for ages maybe if it doesnt get killed with in 2 weeks then the left over Titan Hp is added to the next one to make it hard for the Titan reward until its fully killed.

Everyone is entitled to say their opinion, maybe cause the aspect is broken they dont do it. I think we should stop Ranting on at each other and talk about the idea insteed of yelling and leaving issues unsolved. Many parts of the game is broken in some players eyes, but we dont help trolling on how bad the suggestion was. How about add to the topic to help resolve the issue.

#34 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:29

You're right, I don't titan hunt - the only ones i DID hunt were the elemental ones, for the weapons/quests - but how is that even remotely relevent ? - Does that mean that because someone doesn't participate in an aspect of the game that they are, by default, not allowed an opinion on it ?. The reason i don't hunt titans is a 300ms+ ping to the HCS servers - not really a viable option for me to try hunting them.

This whole suggestion of mine came about from your (or your guilds - can't remember which) joke thread about when will "our" secured titan be killed by someone else, so we can get the drop from it. My solution to that problem is outlined both there, and here - finish it off yourself, or lose it. That way, another titan can spawn and give folk another opportunity on it.

And it won't kill titan hunting - its only applicable on this one titan and, sometimes, the colossus - stop making a mountain out of a molehill :). Under the current system, that titan will sit there, indefinately, preventing another one spawning until you, or someone else, decides to waste the stamina needed on it. Under MY solution, it would walk away if not killed (a far more realistic probability, if nothing else) and allow another one to spawn at some point in the future.

I have similar to ur ping.
So I'm just trying to say something 100% logical ! I played all aspects in game and i know whats going on.
and ur opinion is accepted for sure even u dont practice on titans :)
But im telling u no titan stay more then one day unless those high lvl one...
Imagine some slow hunters guild looking to win some high lvl titan cuz compete is less there? You will make it harder and boring for them ...

good luck with ur idea :) Im done here about anything for titans cuz its a waste of time keep replaying on this threads instead of playing the game well...

Cool idea if HCs make weekly limitation for posts in forum for each player So this players focus on game to make it active instead of forum :)

#35 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41

1. But im telling u no titan stay more then one day unless those high lvl one...
2. Imagine some slow hunters guild looking to win some high lvl titan cuz compete is less there? You will make it harder and boring for them ...

1. Therefore the change I'm suggesting (and most of the voters are, currently, agreeing with :)) will only affect those titans and not the others that are cleared out very quickly.

2. All you are saying there, again, is that you want other guilds to finish off the titan for you, so you can get the drop. It seems BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that no-one else wants to kill this titan for you so it stands to reason that the TKP to be gained from it versus the stamina necessary just isn't worth it. I think (given it's been alive now for well over 3 weeks ?) that any slow hunter that WANTED to kill it, WOULD have moved onto it and had their fun. So, the choice remains ...

a) HCS implement my suggestion, and you either kill it or lose it.

OR

B) You just sit on it, and have "wasted" all that stamina spent on securing it, because no-one else appears willing to kill it for you.

Surely, isn't finishing it off more lucrative for you than getting NO return ?? - If you fail to see that, I give up :).

(give up trying to explain my reasoning to you I mean, not give up trying to get this implemented).

#36 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:49

1. But im telling u no titan stay more then one day unless those high lvl one...
2. Imagine some slow hunters guild looking to win some high lvl titan cuz compete is less there? You will make it harder and boring for them ...

1. Therefore the change I'm suggesting (and most of the voters are, currently, agreeing with :)) will only affect those titans and not the others that are cleared out very quickly.

2. All you are saying there, again, is that you want other guilds to finish off the titan for you, so you can get the drop. It seems BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that no-one else wants to kill this titan for you so it stands to reason that the TKP to be gained from it versus the stamina necessary just isn't worth it. I think (given it's been alive now for well over 3 weeks ?) that any slow hunter that WANTED to kill it, WOULD have moved onto it and had their fun. So, the choice remains ...

OR

B) You just sit on it, and have "wasted" all that stamina spent on securing it, because no-one else appears willing to kill it for you.

Surely, isn't finishing it off more lucrative for you than getting NO return ?? - If you fail to see that, I give up :).

(give up trying to explain my reasoning to you I mean, not give up trying to get this implemented).

Nope :) I didn't hunt titans for 2 months and its not cuz i want those to finish titan for me :) they will finish it for their medals and fun or tkp... Why the TKP system then ?

Don't jump up and down and trying to be true... most of who agreed have no idea ...
As i said in my reply below read it and think about it and u will know im not wrong!

#37 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:44

OR

Nope :) I didn't hunt titans for 2 months and its not cuz i want those to finish titan for me :) they will finish it for their medals and fun or tkp... Why the TKP then system then ?

Don't jump up and down and trying to be true... most of who agreed have no idea ...
As i said in my replay below read it and think about it and u will know im not wrong!

TKP was put in because they were not being finished after a guild secured them. It has worked until now when the rewards aren't good and the TKP cost to get them is too high. As for medals or fun, those can be had on lower level titans where there is a possibility that a guild can win. If they aren't being finished now, something needs to change.

#38 fs_sollimaw

fs_sollimaw
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:30

No one cares about your profit margin. If you want the drop, do the work yourself and clean up.

Didnt your mother ever tell you to clean up after yourself?

#39 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:31

There's been some discussion lately on the forums about this, so thought I'd throw my suggestion open to a poll (and, foolishly, hope that the cows may read it, comment on it, act upon it ..)

Here's the proposal / suggestion I made in a different thread ..

If a titan is still alive, but secured, after 2 weeks, then the securing guild should be sent a reminder. They are then given a further week to "polish it off" and if they chose not to do so, they lose their "investment" (i.e. the kills - and stamina spent - to get the secure)

This will prevent guilds rushing to a secure, and then complaining that no-one else will finish off the job for them :)

how about 2 or 3 days to finish it up or they lose it. 2 weeks is way too much time. Plus it would be fun to see them scramble.

How about raising the minimum to secure a victory? how about raising it to say 80%? It would reduce the huge amount of epics being brought into the game (hopefully 80% is harder to reach than 50%) and would cause such guilds to mop up the kills themselves more (less open kills after a secure than was previously).

#40 Willow34

Willow34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:50

how about 2 or 3 days to finish it up or they lose it. 2 weeks is way too much time. Plus it would be fun to see them scramble.

How about raising the minimum to secure a victory? how about raising it to say 80%? It would reduce the huge amount of epics being brought into the game (hopefully 80% is harder to reach than 50%) and would cause such guilds to mop up the kills themselves more (less open kills after a secure than was previously).

There's only 1 titan that is a problem, maybe 2 now. Let's not change the minimum to secure a victory for all the titans because of 1 or 2 titans that only some people see as being an issue anyway (it is barely above half that see it as an issue at all- I believe it is around 53% right now in the poll).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: