#21 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:58

Also, Can honor not affect XP loss % for the pvp ladder? ( similar to how it has no effect on bounty hits)

Something like...if there is any pvp rating transfer, then honor does not take effect.

That is a horrible suggestion ... what is the point of Honor then?

To me, honor is to reduce XP loss when playing the pvp ladder, in a fight with someone and are expecting to be hit back, or just as a leveling precautionary buff.

Gloat gives more gold when attacking pvp hits ( ie: gold hits)... no one carries gold on a ladder. Honor was made to lower xp loss when hit in pvp ( ie: for gold) I don;t think the main intention for honor was to soften up the ladders. again, just my honest opinion ;)

The point was to reduce XP loss in general. I see no where in the description of the buff that says otherwise. Also, there is also a chance to lose that buff via Spell Breaker.

Also, I feel it encourages more pvping ... if people know they aren't going to lose tons of levels every time they try to pvp. I know a lot of pvpers that like to enter several pvp ladders in a row, which becomes difficult if you get deleveled out of a set.

#22 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 22:06

Also, I feel it encourages more pvping ... if people know they aren't going to lose tons of levels every time they try to pvp. I know a lot of pvpers that like to enter several pvp ladders in a row, which becomes difficult if you get deleveled out of a set.

Watering the xp loss down helps players? Players should not be treated with padded gloves, with regards to a pvp ladder. Hourly hits, 100% xp loss ( sometimes more when losing to shame) risk of bounties. Ladder is risky, tough, challenging, and can sink ALOT of xp( which is so easy to regain these days due to global events, mega pots, better buffs).

If someone wants to pvp without losing levels, then they can GvG ;)

#23 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 22:07

Cheers Hoof :) nice to see these changes making it in.

I am going to agree with the earlier statement about Honor. i do not think it should be able to take affect on the ladder. Opting into the ladder you are choosing to hit and be hit. You have made the choice to lose XP and take XP. Honor is in contradiction to that IMHO.

Honor to me seems more like a buff for off board and off ladder for the people doing anything that might put them in a spot to get hit and do not have or cant afford protection.

#24 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 22:10

[*]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.[/list]

i never understood why this wasnt in place from the start lol. will be glad to have this one above all else

#25 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 22:27

Watering the xp loss down helps players? Players should not be treated with padded gloves, with regards to a pvp ladder. Hourly hits, 100% xp loss ( sometimes more when losing to shame) risk of bounties. Ladder is risky, tough, challenging, and can sink ALOT of xp( which is so easy to regain these days due to global events, mega pots, better buffs).

If someone wants to pvp without losing levels, then they can GvG ;)

That is your kind of pvping, but not everyones. Personally, I like to enter multiple pvp ladders. If I lose so many levels that I can't compete in a few of them, then it makes pvp ladder very isolated, which isn't good for pvp ladder in my opinion. I think the cows want to include as many people as possible in all aspects of the game. They should have considered the pvp ladder when they changed honor ... too late now.

PvP ladder to most people is about staying on top at 1st and hitting as much as possible. My goal isn't to take as many levels off other ladder players as to knock them out of future ladders.

#26 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 23:04

[*]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
Not good, because it will give advantage for certain groups to avoid losing xp(Bounty board meant for punishment) whatever sadly i don't think you will change anything back after you apply your changes...

You can already see who accepts bounties. :) And as for *groups* not sure who you are referring to , I'm not flaming by any means... but I;ve seen MANY players sit on the board for days, because its either too much of a challenge to clear them, or the reward ( gold or fsp) simply isnt worth the effort, stam , potions, etc needed to clear.

I mean the high lvl players who are able to get 50k+ defense with tons of buffs and big pots ...
Who Gonna waste hours just to clear bounty? :)

#27 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 23:16

Like the new changes, dont partake in it but i love it. Bounty tickets costing gold now should help generate more bounties especially from players under 150. With the new changes can the bounty pot be brought back aswell? Also i would have to agree on not allowing players playing in any ladder to place bounties on others, you cant place a bounty on someone in gvg so you shouldnt be able to do it on the ladder either.

#28 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 00:19

Guess for those who dont know, the "Bounty Pot" was a reward to the top bounty hunter for the day. So if you completed the most bounties you won the pot which was a certain amount based bounties that day.

#29 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 July 2012 - 00:24

really only 3 people who do bounties:

1) people going for the bounty medal

2) People going for the smasher medal

3) People who want to take max levels from someone (aka merc), guild mate, or ally.

So for those bounties that are hard for most to kill, option 2 will probably result.

Bounty Pot is an interesting concept ... must have been in 07-08', never heard of it. Would be nice , since you usually lose money in bounty hunting (if your level 400+) due to the large cost to accept bounties. but if bounty tickets become really cheap, then maybe I could post a profit.

#30 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 00:36

Yep im old school 8) but it does add a new interest to the board, and would bring more people in. you figure if someone can get a reward from a bounty, and possbily get an added bonus you may see more people flock to it not being from a pvp background. and in turn more bounties for everyone. and maybe a sustained and healthy board is the result.

#31 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:05

players should not e bountied from pvp ladder attacks. the fact one joins the ladder means he chooses to accept and dish out attacks freely without the risk of being exposed to attacks from outside (bounty)

#32 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:12

Who Gonna waste hours just to clear bounty? :)

I will :D

#33 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:26

3) People who want to take max levels from someone (aka merc), guild mate, or ally.

So for those bounties that are hard for most to kill, option 2 will probably result.

Bounty Pot is an interesting concept ... must have been in 07-08', never heard of it. Would be nice , since you usually lose money in bounty hunting (if your level 400+) due to the large cost to accept bounties. but if bounty tickets become really cheap, then maybe I could post a profit.

4: players who enjoy the challenge of an online , 2 minute interlude dancing pvp partner. The thrill of trying to defeat someone equally matched or more skilled then yourself.

#34 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:07

First let me say Thank You HCS for these changes. Next I have a question that has not been answered yet. I know you are going to return fsp for each 100 bounty tickets but for an amount less then 100 are you going to leave them as tickets or refund the amount of gold that they would cost. My opinion I would much rather have them remain as tickets.
Thanks

2320275.png

#35 DALECK

DALECK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:54

1) Hoof, if I am not mistaken bounties used to expire if not cleared in two days time, why the change back ? I also remember what happened when you changed it from that to the current system, and all of the old expired bounties became active again, it was a bit of a mess, and it made a lot of people less than happy. Why bother with this change, the current system of bounties not expiring seems to have worked fine for the last two years ? And, what will happen with all of the new expired bounties when you make another change to the bounty board in a year or two ? Perhaps it really is better to leave this as it currently is.

2) Accepting a bounty without swinging is now bountiable ? Really, so just accepting someones bounty, weather you hit them or not, is cause to have a counter bounty placed on you? What happens if I accept a bounty on someone right before it expires, and I never took a swing at them, they should be able to bounty me for that, really ? Or, what if I accept the bounty on someone, and my power goes out, and in the mean time someone else cleared the bounty before my power came back on, they can place a bounty on me for that, even though I didn't get to hit them, really ? What if I accept a bounty on someone right before they are cleared from the bounty board, but I didn't get a chance to hit them, I can be bountied for that, really ? Shouldn't you really have to hit someone before they can bounty you ? I mean what is next, being able to bounty someone who calls you a name, or out bids you in the ah at the last second ?
Now I know that there have been some cowardly players that like to accept a bounty on someone, and then are too scared, cowardly, or down right afraid to swing, and this will stop that from happening sure, but that is a minor distraction on the part of a few cowards. I don't seen the need for such a drastic change just to stop the few cowards out there who like to accept and not swing, they, along with all of the pvpers, know who they are, so no need for me to name drop here.

3) bounty tickets for gold, more than about time for this, too bad I just went through 2500 to 3000 bounty tickets in the last two weeks for stomping some fools and their guild mates, lol.

4)I have often wondered why you couldn't see yourself on the bounty board, it makes it a lot easier and faster than getting someone else to tell you how much your bounty is for. We are all glad to see this change.

#36 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:23

4: players who enjoy the challenge of an online , 2 minute interlude dancing pvp partner. The thrill of trying to defeat someone equally matched or more skilled then yourself.

Exactly! it is great fun :)

#37 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:30

players should not e bountied from pvp ladder attacks. the fact one joins the ladder means he chooses to accept and dish out attacks freely without the risk of being exposed to attacks from outside (bounty)

I really dont understand why not. I have done the ladder a lot in the past and plan to do it more. i have been bountied off the ladder plenty of times. It is PVP. PVP and BB go together. sometimes there is call to bounty a player no matter if they are on the ladder or not. there is already a risk free form of PVP (GVG) gvg aside acts of PVP have risk, risk of XP loss, risk of gold loss, and risk of levels loss. that is PVP. when i hit someone no matter if it is a normal gold hit a bounty board hit or a ladder hit i run the risk of a bounty. That is how it SHOULD be. this issue falls under the *not broken so dont fix* box IMHO

#38 Blackdoguh

Blackdoguh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:53

Honor on the ladder is fine I do not see why onewould think the honor would be not a useable buff on the ladder just like shame. if the lose on the ladder then shame would not be useable there and why even have the buffs if you do that. They would be like assist, which is a junk buff now because it only use a 50 level range in the beginning it was any ally listed. Now who has or even use assist?

Question Every PvP attack? Meaing Guild conflicts can be bountied? and if so Would this not change the conflict system in to a guild war system? Players in the bigger guild shreddingg the little guild because of having more stamina over all. Then the little guild will not even hit back in fear of bounty retalation.

#39 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:53

[*]Add the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
What's the significance of this? I've seen people asking for this on forums, but I never understood why when you can convert gold to fsps in the marketplace.
[*]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
Why?
[*]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however). Umm why?

If anyone would care to explain that would be great.

#40 Blixen

Blixen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:15

The player that is being bountied would be able to place a bounty on each player that accepts the bounty on them. If a player accepted two bounties on the same player, the player being bountied would then be able to place two bounties on that player.

Thats the end of pvp for me. Oh well- guess you only want big guilds doing that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: