223 replies to this topic

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:33

Over the years as the game's evolved, we feel that many of the PvP discussions and changes have actually been detrimental to PvP and essentially watered down what was once a really important part of the game.

Any discussions on PvP on the forum usually are split 50/50 on whether the community thinks they're a good idea or not and I feel it kinda creates a divide. We'd actually like to see PvP move back towards how it used to be back when the game first launched as it was something that was exciting and vibrant - I'm sure many players who have been around that long will remember the difference!

So to answer your question - we're going to focus on adding a new PvP tournament system (and at the same time remove the ladder) without changing 'normal' PvP in the game. I do think many aspects of normal PvP also need improved (such as the bounty board), but any changes we do make will be to improve it, not dilute it :)

I am moved to tears, have been waiting for years, thanks a lot dear *hugs*

I almost gave up, decided to retire after the new year following my friends who unfortunately left BUT this changes everything smile.png I have been a "power" leveler for years because of PvP getting watered down with almost every PvP update

I can finally return to the aspect of the game I enojoyed and got addicted to wink.png

(need to buy more BP to stock on pots and charge my stam for the FUN tongue.png)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:43

Over the years as the game's evolved, we feel that many of the PvP discussions and changes have actually been detrimental to PvP and essentially watered down what was once a really important part of the game.

Any discussions on PvP on the forum usually are split 50/50 on whether the community thinks they're a good idea or not and I feel it kinda creates a divide. We'd actually like to see PvP move back towards how it used to be back when the game first launched as it was something that was exciting and vibrant - I'm sure many players who have been around that long will remember the difference!

So to answer your question - we're going to focus on adding a new PvP tournament system (and at the same time remove the ladder) without changing 'normal' PvP in the game. I do think many aspects of normal PvP also need improved (such as the bounty board), but any changes we do make will be to improve it, not dilute it :)

Hoof, your words are heart-warming. I, among many, have been waiting too long to hear that you have not abandoned the game you had made so fun and popular. While I'm still in a holding pattern, I will remain optimistic about the potential to return the game to it's former glory through one of the fundamental aspects of the game, PvP. Please continue to ask players here in the forum as you once did regularly. We all know your time is precious but the interaction makes a considerable difference!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#23 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:17

. So what with removing PvP Ladder ... Is dominance Medal being removed as well?

#24 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:20

LULZ.. so many hearts are either gonna break or be filled with rage... eventually

#25 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:21

Just wondering, before you try out for a wider audience, which would mean more new players, perhaps adding Karma before that would be a good addition? Just saying, either way thanks for the news, looking forward to recover to hope on this game =)

Edited by Jose, 19 November 2014 - 21:22.

#26 Cooler89

Cooler89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:23

. So what with removing PvP Ladder ... Is dominance Medal being removed as well?

And what about PvP tokens? Am I going to lose what i stored?

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:28

As well as this we are also reviewing the game in terms of how accessible it is for new players and we'll continue to finish the key parts of the road map (which we've updated) and we'll continue to update you regularly on the progress of these update. 

Recenly Completed (Released Date)

Add New Player List for Mentors (29th November 2014)

When was this added?

..Also the dates aren't correct throughout that thread

Edited by RebornJedi, 19 November 2014 - 21:31.

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:39

OK, as a widely known advocate of PvP, I'm curious about the changes that will come to PvP.  Will XP loss be removed or not?  Will the "ladder" go back to the original system?  I really miss getting a little reward when I defeat an attacker on the BB (or in regular PvP, for that matter) more than a handful of gold that I could have stolen (or earned honestly, not above that)... And what of Prestige?  I hope this remains, I utilize this leveling tool regularly, and would not like to lose it.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 21:59

We've not decided what will happen with that yet :)

#30 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:02

When was this added?

..Also the dates aren't correct throughout that thread

Aye the dates weren't updated (yet) - just what was completed. The new player list for mentors hasn't been added yet - that was an error. The idea is to show the new players and also the mentors in a more obvious place (i.e in the section under the world map). We'll try fit that into the next update too :)

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:03

And what about PvP tokens? Am I going to lose what i stored?

When we phase out the ladder, we'll give a limited time afterwards to use your remaining PvP Tokens - you won't be able to use them to get the rewards from the new tournament system.

The new tournament system will have new tokens, rewards and medals :)

#32 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:07

When we phase out the ladder, we'll give a limited time afterwards to use your remaining PvP Tokens - you won't be able to use them to get the rewards from the new tournament system.

And New sets etc hopefully ?

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:08

And New sets etc hopefully ?

Yeah - don't see why not!  :)

#34 tonezone

tonezone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:17

I have a suggestion to make, not to get off topic but I think this could bring an interesting twist to pvp. it seems to me that there is a generic pattern to pvp and gvg, you find 4 two item sets that are heavy in certain stats, usually the latest and greatest to be released that almost every player sits in, wait for buffs and swing. this has gotten a bit boreing and repetitive. I think if players would be able to work on customizing and upgrading gear it would not only throw a twist in but also brink a new interest in itself, how succesfull has composing become? how many players have been making new custom potions? why not introduce something like this with gear ? i know so many players will oppose saying that it will just create over powered gear, but if it is thought out and carefully planned it could become a great attraction to the game, I have played some rpg games with this incorperated in the game and it is really fun, I know i have a few sets that i have worked hard to obtain just to be replaced later because of levels or new sets to try and keep up with. you might say that it would kill off some other parts of the game like legendary events , but this can easily be incorperated, certain gear on events that are needed to craft an item, or certain item from events be broken down into shards defence, armor, attack, damage shards to be used to improve stats on other gear. or you could go other routes too and be able to bind spells or buffs to items set up blacksmith shops at cetain level worlds to moniter player level and level of gear able to be upgraded. in recent trends of games it seems that the more customizable the games and characters are the more potential it has to be more popular. My idea about this has been shot down before, but i think you should give it some thought if it does not work then ohh well, but if it does and creates a new buzz that fires up some new interest in the game then thats the ultimate goal here right ?

#35 rendtizzy

rendtizzy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:22

I have a nice new idea, :D introduce mythic creatures that only spawn 1 at a time in any of the super elite realms. The respawn rate of them should vary from 5 minutes to 24 hours. There should be a total of 3-5 of them or more! :D but when one spawns it spawns randomly from the possible list. Also have them drop a item at a 0.5% chance per item to actually make the mythic items well you know mythic. =D

Edited by rendtizzy, 19 November 2014 - 22:23.

#36 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:24

If your looking to in the future bringing it to a bigger audience, shouldn't the question be asked of why people aren't retained?

I've seen 10s of people on my top 10 list ( this month) drop the game, because it gets boring for them.

You induce the player base by offering great rewards at the early levels - epic quest line, promo code , extra stamina, but after that, you don't retain them enough to induce them further.

Something like, hey if you get level 100, we'll give you X and Y and Z.

When you reach level 200, we'll offer you this and that.

Make the playerbase want to explore the content, right now, post epic quest line, the game is a hunt-grind-explore game, with nothing exceptional happening regularly for the new playerbase to be involved. 

You could argue that the global event that happened was a big enough event to include them, however, needing 6k stamina for chests for a new player, is a ludicrous commitment to killing the same mob over and over and over, the only way your getting new players to do this is if they have had a previous experience with fallensword in the past, and know how important these events are. Yet right now, i

I've seen a couple go for pvp for now, and they've quit it already, I agree that new players have more troubles retaining certain aspects of the game - myself included - but they is no incentive for that to be retained. If you go for pvp, you get beat by the more experienced person, with the older gear that is sparsely available for the new players to obtain.

For leveling, people aren't able induced to level, such like, a quest saying hey, once you have done this quest, get to level x and we'll give you the continuation of this quest.

What happened to the test server anyway, running a pbe like before 2.0 FS was released would allow you to test content radically at all the different aspects, and obtain player feedback.

Just a few thoughts.

#37 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:35

Update the current PvP token sets with a better flow of enhancements to encourage the use with PvP.. Some new enhancements would be fun as well

check out the Carcharodon set for an example of a set that needs a desperate upgrade

Edited by RebornJedi, 19 November 2014 - 22:37.

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:35

OK, as a widely known advocate of PvP, I'm curious about the changes that will come to PvP.  Will XP loss be removed or not?  Will the "ladder" go back to the original system?  I really miss getting a little reward when I defeat an attacker on the BB (or in regular PvP, for that matter) more than a handful of gold that I could have stolen (or earned honestly, not above that)... And what of Prestige?  I hope this remains, I utilize this leveling tool regularly, and would not like to lose it.

We won't be removing xp loss from normal PvP and the ladder will be completely replaced by the new tournaments. I don't think we'll be changing how Prestige works :)

#39 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:39

If your looking to in the future bringing it to a bigger audience, shouldn't the question be asked of why people aren't retained?

I've seen 10s of people on my top 10 list ( this month) drop the game, because it gets boring for them.

You induce the player base by offering great rewards at the early levels - epic quest line, promo code , extra stamina, but after that, you don't retain them enough to induce them further.

Something like, hey if you get level 100, we'll give you X and Y and Z.

When you reach level 200, we'll offer you this and that.

Yeah we ideally want to introduce elements of the game as a new player advances. I think with the amount of features in the game now, compared to how it launched back in 2006 it can be a little overwhelming to get into. Definitely something we're going to look into and improve and I also like the idea of rewards as players advance :)

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:42

I don't think we'll be changing how Prestige works :)

i think Prestige could with some changes.. what are your thoughts on making prestige gained every 24 hours only from players online within the last 24 hours?

this would promote daily PvP.. and only with those who are active

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: