Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 00:39

a notification (like the log notifications) for new players that linked them to the Mentor List page?

might be seen as spam....or might be missed by newbs with multiple pages of being farmed in GvG (just an example, not trying to derail the thread)

perhaps something on the left hand menu (like the reserve stam, log message), could be shown for the fist xx days, and when clicked you have the option to disable it (or enable it again in preferences).

*shrugs*

That's what I meant :D

#22 Condor445

Condor445

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 00:51

might be seen as spam....or might be missed by newbs with multiple pages of being farmed in GvG (just an example, not trying to derail the thread)

perhaps something on the left hand menu (like the reserve stam, log message), could be shown for the fist xx days, and when clicked you have the option to disable it (or enable it again in preferences).

*shrugs*

That's what I meant :D

I like this idea i would love to see new players staying and doing well! I don't think since I've joined that over 1000 people were on at the same time, this might solve some concerns that new players will have! :roll: :!:

#23 Elelir

Elelir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:22

Fit lyke, kyne;

The ETHEREAL GATEWAY has been reset to level 125 for entry, which doesn't make a lot of sense since there are critters back there with lower levels than that for our hunting. Cost me a lot of stam and some gold just to find that out with no warning. I'm sure I'll find something to kill until 125, but it rather played hob with the joy of gaming tonight.

Yours aye,
Elelir.

#24 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:04

Guys, I had hidden 12000 FSPs in a corner in Fire Chasm. Please send them to me when you come across them ;p

#25 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22

Why not finish other stuff first before starting something new again? (new skills in the tree, composing was announced not long ago to name just 2).

It is all taking to long imo. This update is good for starting players, but do it once you have done the promissed other updates.

#26 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:28

Why not finish other stuff first before starting something new again? (new skills in the tree, composing was announced not long ago to name just 2).

It is all taking to long imo. This update is good for starting players, but do it once you have done the promissed other updates.

BigGrim can do the work of sorting out maps/quests at the start of the game.

BigGrim doesn't have the ability to code composing or skills.

Seems to me like a good use of HCS resource having BigGrim work on something that would make the game more appealing to new players.

#27 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:01

BigGrim can do the work of sorting out maps/quests at the start of the game.

BigGrim doesn't have the ability to code composing or skills.

Seems to me like a good use of HCS resource having BigGrim work on something that would make the game more appealing to new players.

If he was doing this all alone, perhaps. But I doubt that, reading the initial post he says "We". And looking at the things done/to be done, I am quite sure coding is involved there aswell. Hence my feedback.

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22

I'm all in favour of the opening of the game being simplified, but wouldn't it be better to do it "stand-alone", all in 1 hit, test it thoroughly and then implement, rather than do it piecemeal where there are too many variables ?

Certain pieces that are more or less stand alone, I'll do as I can. The bigger changes, I'm planning ahead and will be giving heads up as to what's happening. This is gonna be a big job.

The ETHEREAL GATEWAY has been reset to level 125 for entry, which doesn't make a lot of sense since there are critters back there with lower levels than that for our hunting. Cost me a lot of stam and some gold just to find that out with no warning.

It's a level 125 area with a level 125 Elite creature in it. You ought to be level 125 to get in there. Now it is fixed.

If he was doing this all alone, perhaps. But I doubt that, reading the initial post he says "We". And looking at the things done/to be done, I am quite sure coding is involved there as well. Hence my feedback.

I am working on this myself. In news posts, we always use the royal 'We'. Hoofmaster and Zorg are working on the Merge, then it'll be all about composing for them.

#29 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46

LOL @ complaints that the gateway is now locked at the level of creatures it has inside,,,

Seriously who didnt go there and get their head handed to them by the elite before learning you werent supposed to go there? I imagine several people quit over being deleved by that guy!

#30 Elelir

Elelir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:21

BigGrim,

Thanks for the quick reply. Will another way be made into the parts of the Ethereal where the monsters are lower than 125.

Best regards,
Elelir.

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 13:10

BigGrim,

Thanks for the quick reply. Will another way be made into the parts of the Ethereal where the monsters are lower than 125.

Best regards,
Elelir.

Hey Dude.

No worries. There will be, yes. I'm just needing to close off areas which result in players going where they shouldn't to prevent them getting splattered by creatures that much higher than them.

I'm currently looking at what to do with Krul Beach Forest East and the Varas Dungeon. There are so many Quests in Krul Forest, I think it might be moved off of the Elya Desert and set to level 10. The stairs to Darmovs pit will be moved be next to the quest giver. The Quests and beasties would be reset to their new levels. I might move Varas Dungeons quest to the Otha cave Level 1 along with the Quest from the Northern Krul Cave.

#32 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 10 April 2013 - 13:59

in the event that quests are moved, or changed/"reset" what will this mean for people who have done part of the quest?

example, lets say I have done a couple of steps on one of the krul beach quests, and it's rejigged. Will the creatures that need to be killed be moved to the new areas and what not?

Thinking of potential issues that may require the coders to manually drop a sql command in to fix or reset quests.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 14:08

in the event that quests are moved, or changed/"reset" what will this mean for people who have done part of the quest?

example, lets say I have done a couple of steps on one of the krul beach quests, and it's rejigged. Will the creatures that need to be killed be moved to the new areas and what not?

Thinking of potential issues that may require the coders to manually drop a sql command in to fix or reset quests.

Once time actually comes to put the bigger changes in place, I'll be putting up a news post saying what's happening. When quests require creature kills, the required kills will be tweaked. Frankly, since number of kills are super small and the difference in power of the creatures will not be too great, there really should not be any issues.

#34 Elelir

Elelir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 14:15

No worries. There will be, yes. I'm just needing to close off areas which result in players going where they shouldn't to prevent them getting splattered by creatures that much higher than them.

I'm currently looking at what to do with Krul Beach Forest East and the Varas Dungeon. There are so many Quests in Krul Forest, I think it might be moved off of the Elya Desert and set to level 10. The stairs to Darmovs pit will be moved be next to the quest giver. The Quests and beasties would be reset to their new levels. I might move Varas Dungeons quest to the Otha cave Level 1 along with the Quest from the Northern Krul Cave.

Thankee. I'm sure there're plenty of things to do until then in the way of picking up the odd ends of quests [except those kindly mentioned]. Morning brought me greater cheer than I was feeling during my original post.
I do suppose that not everyone takes the time to realise that a monster of so many levels above will hand them their own hams on a platter, and that they should be accommodated as well.

Elelir

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 14:25

The stairway to the Ethereal Gateway has been lowered to 119. Seems like the only way to get there though I have no idea why a 125 Elite is there.That'll be something to investigate in the future.

I shall be moving the Ethereal Stairway from the Mountain Path to Gadrel Swamps (West) shortly. I shall also be moving the three magic stones for the Quest in the ethereal realm into those realms themselves, with the needed tweak to the quest text.

#36 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:12

I liked running into the lvl 125 elite when I was in the teen levels, it woke me up from mindlessly sweeping rats,natives and the occasional wild cat. Hmmm, here is something new I thought, and mindlessly clicked the attack button, again and again and again, until realizing I was losing levels quite fast and he just was not dying. Maybe there is more to this game and bad beasties roam the lands I pondered. So I actually started looking at mob stats from that point on.

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:21

I shall be moving the Ethereal Stairway from the Mountain Path to Gadrel Swamps (West) shortly.

This is now done.

I shall also be moving the three magic stones for the Quest in the ethereal realm into those realms themselves, with the needed tweak to the quest text.

Working on this now.

#38 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2013 - 17:06

I liked running into the lvl 125 elite when I was in the teen levels, it woke me up from mindlessly sweeping rats,natives and the occasional wild cat. Hmmm, here is something new I thought, and mindlessly clicked the attack button, again and again and again, until realizing I was losing levels quite fast and he just was not dying. Maybe there is more to this game and bad beasties roam the lands I pondered. So I actually started looking at mob stats from that point on.

The same applies for me...In fact that's probably my fondest memory from when I first started the game back in 2007 lol. I was at level 3 or so and somehow made my way to the Ethereal realm. Was thinking it was my next level map but I only seen the elite. I hit it and instantly deleveled back to 1 IIRC. It gave me a shock and a laugh because I didn't think a high level Elite would be in the starter realms.

Not to mention that was my first sight of an Elite. Needless to say I understood why it was named "Elite" after I died haha.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 17:10

Ishall also be moving the three magic stones for the Quest in the ethereal realm into those realms themselves, with the needed tweak to the quest text.

And this is complete too.

#40 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 17:22

The stairway to the Ethereal Gateway has been lowered to 119. Seems like the only way to get there though I have no idea why a 125 Elite is there.That'll be something to investigate in the future.

So far two people have thought it was a good idea to have a high level elite in a single low level area... Hence, I third that idea. (I know I'm "too late")

When I joined way back when, I had enough sense to check the stats and not hit it. Way back then, that was my first chance to realize that "maybe" there were benefits to joining a Guild.

Again "way back then" that thought didn't hit my mind again until level 19 when I came across Giggles.

As time passed, I have only seen players laughing at themselves about getting utterly destroyed. Maybe a hard lesson to learn, but perhaps one of the best ones to learn "early"... and I "think" most people take good-naturedly.

Beyond that... it used to be a convenient way to delevel yourself without having to go through PvP... I send most GvGers who want to maintain their current level to the Ladder because of all those genocidal levelers out there that think gold they've stolen from defenseless creatures can somehow be stolen from them (gee, can you tell I'm 100% pro-PvP.... as in most game aspects?). I'm not sure what the XP loss is for those hovering around 30 or 40... but...

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: