Photo

Bounty Free Publications In Bios?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Bounty Free Advertising (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Does offering bounty free attacks for Prestige in your bio degrade the game?

1. Yes? (36 votes [67.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.92%

2. No? (17 votes [32.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.08%

Should Prestige earned be determined by stam used to deter manipulation?

1. Yes? (38 votes [71.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.70%

2. No? (15 votes [28.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:31

I think you can ask one of the bigger guilds if we can hold our own and protect our own. I`m simply stating that if the BB was FIXED it would make a comeback and changing a few things would help. Of course, you and others don`t want these changes because it might wreck your "Little Red Wagons" and your guild would actually have to do the bounties yourselves instead of getting help from others.

This has nothing to do with the original post....and the wagons are green

#22 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:52

I realize it is a confusing concept... that PvP prestige should be earned by those who actually PvP. This has been debated since the introduction of prestige in the game. It has never worked. It was never intended to give people who don't pvp an easy way to get more xp when they level.  It was introduced to help PvP players use their pvp experience to regain the levels that PvP'ing tends to cost.  Hence the name... PvP prestige.

If gvg isn't allowed to be abused and made easy for players,  then why is it acceptable for PvP to be so blatantly and openly abused without HCS stepping in and fixing the issue?  The original post is a good suggestion on a way to make things work more like they should, given the very definition of it. I realize that players want the easy win, more more more. But you have more win buttons then any of us need. This needs to be addressed, just like the gvg abuse eventually was. .

#23 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 13:32

Can HCS give us a light on this please.

Easy changing Prestige hits with 10 stam is allowed?
Does that fits on a collusion aspect?
PvP Prestige is intend to help PvPers regain their levels, or for Levellers have more XP while levelling?

After all, I believe all PvPers would be very ok with that new rule (10 stam = 1 Prestige, 100 stam = 10 Prestige).

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 13:37

100 stams on BB should be 10 prestige then...1000 stamina 10 prestige?

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 June 2015 - 13:40.

#25 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 13:42

100 stams on BB should be 10 prestige then...1000 stamina 10 prestige?

Any 10 stam = 1 Prestige.
Any 100 stam = 10 Prestige.

But that's my point of view, I don't know about the opinion of the original poster or of the other participants here.

#26 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 13:54

bounties aren't really the issue persay since the smasher medal more readily applies to the scenario of the 100 stam clear

#27 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 15:14

So I get 10-stammed for prestige and choose not to bounty. This is completely rational on my part: placing a bounty costs gold/FSP and bounty tickets as well as potentially escalating a conflict that I have no interest in. Instead I eat XP loss around 1% of a level, which costs 5-10 stamina to gain back later.

I then 10-stam another player for prestige and they go through the same thought process. This is neither collusion nor cheating. It's pure self-interest and is explained by game theory.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with 100-stam attacks getting 100 prestige. I also think that prestige should be able to be used piecemeal instead of the current all-or-nothing.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 15:26

So I get 10-stammed for prestige and choose not to bounty. This is completely rational on my part: placing a bounty costs gold/FSP and bounty tickets as well as potentially escalating a conflict that I have no interest in. Instead I eat XP loss around 1% of a level, which costs 5-10 stamina to gain back later.

I then 10-stam another player for prestige and they go through the same thought process. This is neither collusion nor cheating. It's pure self-interest and is explained by game theory.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with 100-stam attacks getting 100 prestige. I also think that prestige should be able to be used piecemeal instead of the current all-or-nothing.

Your not wrong, that is not collusion, the prior problem is when people put on their bios "Hitting for Prestige, fell free to hit back", that is not right, that is someone offering free advantage over something, is exactly like putting "GvG for free" on a Guild Bio, you get it?

#29 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2015 - 20:17

With all the serious problems with this game this is what we focus on, tempest in a teapot comes to mind when considering this "major problem" with the game.

#30 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 20:22

This has been an issue for a long time, ever since prestige was introduced.  And every time one of these silly double xp events come around, it gets worse. When are we suppose to bring it up, Easter?

#31 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 20:24

Saying that farming Prestige is an art, try PvPing for real and you'll see how different that is, hitting offline targets wearing Epics is an art just like killing bunnies using a shotgun, on a bunny nest, filled with freezed bunnies that can't even run, is an art.

There is no real PvP in this game, real PvP died when Hunter XP loss was removed from the BB. Now it's all about attacking unsuspecting targets without warning, without warning every PvP target is a freeze-dried bunny.

Edited by Rocknoor, 03 June 2015 - 20:24.

#32 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 22:26

pay the heating bill in advance for a few months and there won't be any issues of being frozen...and my realms are too cold to support bunny life anyways

regardless of what ultimate outcome there is, there's always going to be someone unhappy with how things are

#33 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 June 2015 - 17:27

Voted yes to both.

I don't see how advertising free prestige hits or prestige trading is any different than what is against the rules advertising for GVG. 

I thought the stamina usage should coincide with the prestige earned. Always hated to see the 100 stams go to waste in this aspect (it's still fun to see the gold and XP loss totals though). 

#34 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 17:45

The prestige change suggested would deter manipulation and encourage farming of weaklings. Smasher medal all over again. Prestige should be prestigious IMHO. You beat a tough pvpr, you get a lot more prestige. You beat a freeze dried rabbit, you get nothing. Or close to nothing. Not sure taking a broken system and breaking it in a different way helps anything.

#35 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 21:34

The prestige change suggested would deter manipulation and encourage farming of weaklings. Smasher medal all over again. Prestige should be prestigious IMHO. You beat a tough pvpr, you get a lot more prestige. You beat a freeze dried rabbit, you get nothing. Or close to nothing. Not sure taking a broken system and breaking it in a different way helps anything.

Tell you what is broke mate, the record :P

Cheers.

wil72

#36 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:31

I'd like to see prestige points calculated on something like the original PvP system. 

For those who don't remember, it was a constantly changing rating system. Everyone in the game started at 1000. You beat someone with a high rating, you got more rating points. You beat someone with a low rating, you got 1 point. Why can't prestige work the same?

#37 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 14:16

I'd like to see prestige points calculated on something like the original PvP system. 

For those who don't remember, it was a constantly changing rating system. Everyone in the game started at 1000. You beat someone with a high rating, you got more rating points. You beat someone with a low rating, you got 1 point. Why can't prestige work the same?

Remember the system well, even had to have a PvP rating for some quests...problem with that solution today is back then you had 2000 online players packed into 800 levels, today you have on average 400 online players spread out over 2500 levels.

#38 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 16:00

Solution? attack range +-100 :)

#39 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 18:00

I remembering hoofmaster saying, pvp prestige is for pvp players to give them little help get their lost xp and levels back when hunting

I not remembering exact words from hoofmaster but that was meaning

#40 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:54

Why not make it so that pvp prestige can only be earned on the pvp bounty board?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: