33 replies to this topic

#21 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 16:26

There are pros and cons to the bottle neck.

pro:
- gives time for lower level players to catch up with everyone else while the EOC players stagnate.
- gives top guilds grinding GXP on the EOC champ.
- gives time to focus on other aspects of the game other than levelling.
- there are increasingly more targets at EOC for prestige purposes.

cons:
- EOC players don't get to hunt.
- EOC players don't earn much gold.
- Some players might lose interest in the game due to slow release of content.
- Lower level guilds don't get to have as much GXP from hunts, which increases the chasm between guild levels. (until that time when the lower level players have mostly caught up)

I also think it's inevitable for a game with endless level gains to become a bottle neck.

HCS could one day impose the ultimate EOC level for players at, say 5000, but it would need to come with some kind of side aspect in which all players could focus on achieving. One cool idea could be that when you level up to 5000 that you get a pet of some sort which needs levelling (continuing that thirst for more).

Maybe HCS should change the mechanics of leveling at EOC? Make it way way harder without decreasing the amount of content out there.. after all , *Edit* all EOC players have Higher resources from gold to FSPs to buffs than the lower levels *Edit* , forcing them to kill the mob in several hits ain't a big deal to them , at least they have something to do other than quitting or leveling back to level 1. Maybe HCS should make mobs have different Stats styles, beaten in different ways

Sometimes you need high defense to beat a mob and gain it's XP, other times you need high armor. Arterial strike should have more use ....

As keep on going with the same 1 hit and loads of XP its getting out of hand. The fact that we have less and less players up the levels is annoying too...

I don't want to level because for me as a pvper , less people up the levels means it's getting boring.

It's fun to switch setups think of several way to get around the opponent hit and kill and so on..

In any case EOC players have all Buffs probably except 4? So it won't hurt to have it little hard while leveling.

Also most of EOC bottle necks disadvantage can have a solution for it... It would be bad to see and end for an online game TBH.

I really wish HCS focus a little on FS and take a serious action.

Like literally am just pvping/having fun against 2 players ... Like the entire game for me is up to play against 2 players only... :(

It's sad to say so but I feel like HCS are just milking whatever left until it totally dies and close it. The game can have a unique style and would have a great influence on mobile phones as long as it has a great UI and easy/fast play style... just Needs advertising and hiding the profiles of the inactives. Inactives bring more inactives, no one wants to play in a dead game.. honestly... Every time I Gvg my targets decreases... Not just because they are leveling but because they are going inactive... It's really sad for me. I am having fun playing the game.

Edited by atta222, 12 August 2018 - 05:43.

#22 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 16:30

It would be great if I check the guilds and don't find this much inactives specially the closed profiles. Not sure why does HCS even leave those. I understand that guilds leave them to honor their friendship. But why would HCS leave a deleted account in place?

Would be good if there is a rule that being inactive for more than 6 months gets auto kicked from guild ... I know that affects BPs. But the game revolving around gettjng FSPs and upgrading.

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2018 - 17:26

atta,  not even banhammered accounts are actually deleted.   They're merely disabled just in case somebody decides to return after many years of inactivity

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 17:31

atta, not even banhammered accounts are actually deleted. They're merely disabled just in case somebody decides to return after many years of inactivity

Well they dont have to delete it, at least have Auto kick from guild after certain amount of inactivity time... its really frustrating..

just imagine someone new to the game joins the game and after 7 days of playing he discovers that the game is a graveyard. if accounts dont appear in guild pages, hardly the game will appear dead. active players will come together in same guilds and so on...

Edited by atta222, 11 August 2018 - 17:33.

#25 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 18:51

.. after all , all EOC players have High resources from gold to FSPs

I don't know where you you came up with that garbage but the more of your posts I read, the more I believe you don't have a clue about EOC. I haven't donated in years and I certainly didn't buy my way to the top. I hit EOC with a grand total of 29 FSP's and 30 million in gold from leveling and OPG (Other People's Gold) gained from PvP. Most of that gold will be spent on composing. I don't think that qualifies as rich in anybody's book . I suggest you do more research and less spouting off about things you are unfamiliar with.

Screenshot everything!

#26 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 19:40

I don't know where you you came up with that garbage but the more of your posts I read, the more I believe you don't have a clue about EOC. I haven't donated in years and I certainly didn't buy my way to the top. I hit EOC with a grand total of 29 FSP's and 30 million in gold from leveling and OPG (Other People's Gold) gained from PvP. Most of that gold will be spent on composing. I don't think that qualifies as rich in anybody's book . I suggest you do more research and less spouting off about things you are unfamiliar with.

First I would like to ask you to mind your manners, saying ideas to help the game was and is never going to be garbage.

when i said EOC has more recourses, yes they do. ... hope its clear...

you can get gold from hunting monsters.

staying long on EOC allows People to easily hunt titans and focus on other game aspects. For instance a level 200 Player would at most join all arenas below 200 while an EOC can join every and each arena out there.

The amount of gold you get is more than the gold a level 1K gets, not to mention you will get more in the future unless you use Sacrifice which was your choice of doing.

As a matter of Fact you are not the only one who " DID NOT PAY" in their way in game AND reach a high level with that. Thats 1 point.

Second Point... Who ever said that " PAYING " Aka " Supporting the devs " was forbidden or Something that shouldnt be done or something bad of any sort?... its a must have but not to the point of ruining the challenge between players. The people who made the game, the artist , designers and engineers need to feed their kids dont they? or are they working for free? i doubt that...

In fact free lancers are playing on the money of "the pay their way players" and since you a semi free lancer.. should be thankful at least that you did reach EOC like "the Pay their way Players".

In fact , I do have no idea about EOC since i never was there and never will want to, with the low player Base up there since i find it more fun in pvping.

More or less the likes of you who reach up their easily are one of the main reason to make it more challenging for Levelers to go up.

a bottle neck doesnt have to be Pvp Based, Can Be PvE Based Btw, I can suggest having Several mobs at the same map with each of them having several different Stats that will force the leveler to use different styles while leveling. use different gear. the concept of 1 hit hunting is stupid and monotones. all do the same , but the same stuff and get only 1 hunting setup. So a PvE Based Bottle Kneck can be through for instance Build on Atk to defeat that high defense mob While Build on Damage to beat that high armored mob, that cant be killed without having high defense while that cant be killed without having high Armor, you need to fight your way through, get buffed and fight it out... I am even thinking that even mobs can get spawned with Skills aka buffs that give chances like buffs, like dispel curse like Savagery, like Shield Strike,,, use Arterial strike while hunting ... well maybe its that way already to certain extent, i still believe Hunting shouldnt be that easy...

YOU Already Finished the game! Well what are you looking up to? level to 10K the same way you leveled to to 4K? i assume when you reach 10K there will be only 10 players per 1K levels.

and even though I DO have no clue about EOC, at least respect the fact that am taking a positive action in helping the game one way or another...

you read several posts of mine to reach to a conclusion about me whether i know about EOC or not! What a smart Kid! My level is under my name! I also have to add that it took me 1 post of yours to know how old you are.

Forums are place for sharing ideas, never was ideas always right, it wouldnt be needed to shared, thought of ... without taking every certain idea into consideration, you will never take a good decision. I am 100% sure that somewhere in my posts, i did mention my lack of knowledge about EOC not to mention my level.

But knowing the fact that you guys level just too fast after new content is added to the game is no hidden knowledge at all.

also the fact the content should be finished the moment it is released is something i am 100% sure the devs are taking it into consideration. No wonder the rate of releasing content decreases by time. you already reached the end of the game to a certain extent..

I am not sure what did you expect by mentioning that my ideas are garbage? you expected an apology or expected someone's praise? let me tell you the fact that you are at EOC doesnt makes your brain a better brain than mine, even though you have more knowledge. my ideas might not be made as it is but might be a spark for something better you yourself will be benefitting...

Alas if you expected an apology , then here it is >>>>>> I am truely sorry for the garbage i have been saying, please accept my apology.

Edited by atta222, 11 August 2018 - 19:47.

#27 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 20:08

Also no one forced you to level your composing neither does anyone force you to use gold consuming buffs... I get more than 20FSPs per hunt in my petty little level 800s... wonder how much you get....

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2018 - 20:09

You know, I play FS because it's not a game where level or "combat power" or "battle rating" govern who we are.   

Or where throwing money at it makes you superior.  There's so very much more to FS than that.  FS is unique, there's no other game like it, and I like it that way.    

Go take a scenic route through the game, levels are just a number. 

It's nice that you want to suggest things for the game, but in the case of new folks, I see them daily.  I don't believe EoC is a factor of whether they stay or go, for the most part It's just not their cup of tea...  Others leave due to boredom or a less than average attention span.   It has always been this way, I don't foresee anything that could change that.  Maybe a more in-depth tutorial, something that more closely addresses non leveling aspects of the game.... Possibly complete the long abandoned mentor system.    But a reset, forced or otherwise, at any point seems counterproductive to me.  Just one old lady's opinion.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#29 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 20:20

You know, I play FS because it's not a game where level or "combat power" or "battle rating" govern who we are.   
Or where throwing money at it makes you superior.  There's so very much more to FS than that.  FS is unique, there's no other game like it, and I like it that way.    

It's nice that you want to suggest things for the game, but in the case of new folks, I see them daily.  I don't believe EoC is a factor of whether they stay or go, for the most part It's just not their cup of tea...  Others leave due to boredom or a less than average attention span.   It has always been this way, I don't foresee anything that could change that.  Maybe a more in-depth tutorial, something that more closely addresses non leveling aspects of the game.... Possibly complete the long abandoned mentor system.    But a reset, forced or otherwise, at any point seems counterproductive to me.  Just one old lady's opinion.

I respect your ideas about the problem...

its just got me mad the response of some people... it felt like am trying to implement a Law to decrease Judges massive salary so the Judge sentenced me for treason!

Ridiculous!!!

me poking my nose and sounding my opinion will never be garbage by who ever he is, i dont even care who you are, i ll say whatever i like as long as it is with in bounds!

i am trying to contribute my way since i cant contribute much dollars to the devs, and i did invest time and money in the game and one of the last thing i would wish for it to happen is see it dying.

#30 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2018 - 20:45

and since you reached EOC already with Maxed Composing, 33k Gold and 29 FSPs, which means you got nothing more to spend gold and FSPs on, then work on increasing your Gold and FSPs....

#31 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:29

I think this thread has seen some decent ideas and I'm sure HCS knows about the issues of being at EOC in FS.

There's really no need for debates on it, or animosity between players. Let's all get along and drink beer.

This is a good time for lower level players to catch up to EOC players in all aspects.

Enjoy FS, and remember to spend 250k gold on your max stam daily, under Gold Upgrades.

Dulcharn

#32 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:28

all EOC players have Higher resources from gold to FSPs to buffs than the lower levels 

well said dont let them fool ya they think they are on a different level but thats just the eoc delusion effect kicking in

5aZzW0p.png,

#33 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:23

Wouldn't a present solution be to massively increase the EXP required to level after a certain point at EoC, allowing longevity of said content? So e.g for the 100 level drop that happened earlier this year for EoC. Idk current stam/level values, so lets just assume.

Pre-EoC (Was EoC before content dropped fully buffed of-course)
Stam/Level value : 1000 

New content/New EoC
Stam/Level value : A lot higher than 1,000 for the current example lets say 10,000

This would increase the length at which content is consumed. So E.g, the new level 100 content would've required at-least 1,000,000 stamina to go through, which would represent nearly a year of stamina generation. Or possibly higher. This gives EoC players something to -hunt for-persay, while also decreasing the speed at which content is consumed.

Edited by Runesaur, 12 August 2018 - 07:24.

#34 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 18:55

all EOC players have Higher resources from gold to FSPs to buffs than the lower levels 

This is entirely untrue. case in point:

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

yes its an old post, but i've still yet to see anything saying otherwise since then.

Wouldn't a present solution be to massively increase the EXP required to level after a certain point at EoC, allowing longevity of said content? So e.g for the 100 level drop that happened earlier this year for EoC. Idk current stam/level values, so lets just assume.

Pre-EoC (Was EoC before content dropped fully buffed of-course)
Stam/Level value : 1000 

New content/New EoC
Stam/Level value : A lot higher than 1,000 for the current example lets say 10,000

This would increase the length at which content is consumed. So E.g, the new level 100 content would've required at-least 1,000,000 stamina to go through, which would represent nearly a year of stamina generation. Or possibly higher. This gives EoC players something to -hunt for-persay, while also decreasing the speed at which content is consumed.

Now this, im actually quite fond of :o maybe not on such a massive scale, but a large scale maybe :D im only 1099 right now, but i can power my way through a good number of levels when i do hunt both because i use higher level event pots and and my larger pool of stamina. Sure, i'd be disappointed at first if it would take me longer to level, but in the long run i think i'd enjoy that :D

Edited by goolsby7, 13 August 2018 - 18:56.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: