BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 February 2014 - 23:43

lol... delevel back you must, Mr Yoda.

...a delevel party called for it was not.

...use 100s next time to clear  bounty you must.

http://gph.is/15EJmK6

Cute and it must have been awesome before it earned an edit from BigGrim.  Darn I missed the original :(

#22 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 23:55

Cute and it must have been awesome before it earned an edit from BigGrim.  Darn I missed the original :(

the original one had asterisks in between 'clear' and 'bounty'... it didn't even have the right amount of asterisks as the letters in the name that was mentioned in the OP. :) You didn't miss much. :)

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:30

So I clear a bounty with 10 stamina, my reward? A DELEVEL PARTY!

Let me get this straight, I do YOU a favor by clearing your bounty ( that was only there because you had attacked somebody in the first place), and I use 10 stamina hits out of respect. Most normal, decent, humane people would be happy about that and give thanks... but not ! Beware of this player, as he has no soul nor logic. I would not be associated with such a person in real life, nor in a game.

Again, the bounty system is flawed if this is allowed to happen, as I've said in the past. When will the cows get it? Perhaps never.

Just so everyone knows ALL the facts and so that you may LEARN a little something about how some players react. You where deleveled one out of two possible bounties that you cleared BECAUSE you decided to clear the bounties that were about to expire, and by that I mean less then an hour left. This action was perceived as cheap, and proven so by your cowardice coming here to cry about it. You did nobody any favors, and had malicious intent to take the bountys with so little time remaining. SO, as you now know you can take ANY bounty at ANY time that it's on the BB with anywhere between 10 to 100 stam hits. You can also lose 5 levels for EACH bounty taken. Consider yourself lucky you didn't lose 10! NOTHING is wrong with the bounty board. You got what you deserved.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:33

And you trash talked a lot for our friend via PMs, that's why you got deleveled.

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:49

Just so everyone knows ALL the facts and so that you may LEARN a little something about how some players react. You where deleveled one out of two possible bounties that you cleared BECAUSE you decided to clear the bounties that were about to expire, and by that I mean less then an hour left. This action was perceived as cheap, and proven so by your cowardice coming here to cry about it. You did nobody any favors, and had malicious intent to take the bountys with so little time remaining. SO, as you now know you can take ANY bounty at ANY time that it's on the BB with anywhere between 10 to 100 stam hits. You can also lose 5 levels for EACH bounty taken. Consider yourself lucky you didn't lose 10! NOTHING is wrong with the bounty board. You got what you deserved.

So clearing bounties that are about to expire is a no-no? Wow. I learn something new everyday. Is it in the rules or is this an unwritten rule? Can some one make a wiki of all the unwritten rules so I don't walk into a hornets nest?

#26 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:59

First two comments for the OP;

In principle:
I, as an long time member of the once needed grp OSBH, did my fair share of fighting in the past about not bountying the bounty hunter - and in principle I agree - but, if there is given a reason for the mark (the one you clear) to counter and have you dropped five, well - game is on.

So in reality:

When getting your rear handed to you via any ingame mechanics, then coming here to yell and complain is, in my optics, extremely low class. You put your hands into a wasp nest, then think you can run to mom and complain about getting stung?

And to those who wanna make bounty hunting safe via different proposed changes to how the BB works;
No! The board should ALWAYS carry risk!
This is fundamental to any aspect of PvP in FS and it has been broken enough by complainers, who could not stomach the poundings they received via ingame mechanics, under which we ALL play.

Don't like someone putting their filthy hands on you, knocking your precious XP of you? Well, return the favor tenfold. Don't ask for a way to play bounty hunter safely.. you already messed up the ladder, and the smasher medal as it is.

First two comments for the OP;

In principle:
I, as an long time member of the once needed grp OSBH, did my fair share of fighting in the past about not bountying the bounty hunter - and in principle I agree - but, if there is given a reason for the mark (the one you clear) to counter and have you dropped five, well - game is on.

So in reality:

When getting your rear handed to you via any ingame mechanics, then coming here to yell and complain is, in my optics, extremely low class. You put your hands into a wasp nest, then think you can run to mom and complain about getting stung?

And to those who wanna make bounty hunting safe via different proposed changes to how the BB works;
No! The board should ALWAYS carry risk!
This is fundamental to any aspect of PvP in FS and it has been broken enough by complainers, who could not stomach the poundings they received via ingame mechanics, under which we ALL play.

Don't like someone putting their filthy hands on you, knocking your precious XP of you? Well, return the favor tenfold. Don't ask for a way to play bounty hunter safely.. you already messed up the ladder, and the smasher medal as it is.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#27 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:07

Oh, is THAT what he told you? My logs will prove otherwise as I was working on those bounties for over 2 hours due to multi-tasking, and that is assuming that the bounties wouldve expired exactly the moment that I finished the second one. So, this is just simply not true, but good try...

What sort of malicious intent could I have possibly had by clearing a bounty with 10 stamina hits? This is absurd. I sent him a couple of messages while I was doing the bounty, as I always do, out of respect (bad judgement call on this guy though).

In addition, even if the bounty was about to expire, which it wasnt, does that really justify a delevel party? I think not.

Lets get the facts straight, and perhaps reconsider who you are friends with.

#28 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:08

The system is flawed in your opinion. We think it is fine as is. 

If the system is flawed, how would you suggest it be fixed? Provide feedback instead of simply saying something does not work.

+1 Grim

I support Grim especially a critic without suggestion - I also agree with Dom on this as well another +1 carefule what bounties you take - usually if guilds are at war they will say so in their bio that such bounty is reserved - however even if it's not stated just don't offer anyone from that guild future clears pretty easy lesson learned I think ... There are other situations where it's great to bounty the hunter and in all honesty - I don't know the whole story but just reading your half of it I would drop each person 5 levels and return the favor - that's me though not supporting this particular cause just saying it's a helpful feature being able to bounty - bounty hunters at times. I do not think it needs any fixing personally.

Just my two cents

- Chazz

#29 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:10

And you trash talked a lot for our friend via PMs, that's why you got deleveled.

Actually, he was first to send me a threat, to which I responded to with the same disrespect that he had given me.

Lets get the facts straight.

#30 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:12

So clearing bounties that are about to expire is a no-no? Wow. I learn something new everyday. Is it in the rules or is this an unwritten rule? Can some one make a wiki of all the unwritten rules so I don't walk into a hornets nest?

Some may find satisfaction in having their bounties expire, and hence take offense if they get jumped last sec. Personally, I do not care how fresh or old a bounty is. If I am in the mood, I clear everything in whatever fashion I feel like.

I saw trash talking being mentioned though, and if doing just that, it is not uncommon to get knocked down a few levels.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#31 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:17

+1 Grim

I support Grim especially a critic without suggestion - I also agree with Dom on this as well another +1 carefule what bounties you take - usually if guilds are at war they will say so in their bio that such bounty is reserved - however even if it's not stated just don't offer anyone from that guild future clears pretty easy lesson learned I think ... There are other situations where it's great to bounty the hunter and in all honesty - I don't know the whole story but just reading your half of it I would drop each person 5 levels and return the favor - that's me though not supporting this particular cause just saying it's a helpful feature being able to bounty - bounty hunters at times. I do not think it needs any fixing personally.

Just my two cents

- Chazz

Myself and others have voiced opinions of the need for a revised BB in the past, and given suggestions and solutions. It really was not off the mark for me to bring attention to this issue when the topic had already been addressed with suggestions. Plus, as you can read in this thread, this has brought out a few other suggestions as well, and I provided mine again too.

#32 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:59

I'll always try to support my friends/guildmates, so I'll stay beliving on his version of the situation. Sorry but that's how trust works, in game or in RL.

The reason is explained, you know why we did it, and we know your feelings about it, so lets finish the thread before BG need to delete/close it?

#33 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:08

I think expiration on bountys is pretty lame especially if the player paid for them doesnt get the gold and tickets back.

It became a situation where some people decided they could declare as a player or as a group that you were not allowed to clear them. 

And its done in such a way that nobody has a pm to send you it just happens and you get pounded. Of course everyone that does it also happens to have a reason to want to stay high up on the smasher list and other things that,,, well it happens. 

People are getting around the system and enjoying the bountys that expire. Which is why I think you should return that back to the way it once was where it simply stayed up there untill clear. 

The other thing,, all the time I get the crap kicked out of me and if I bother to ask,, because sometimes im told why. Its almost always cuz I did something to someone whos waited a long time to get me back. So long that I forgot them and how funny I thought it was then :D

Maybe thats how this happened, but bountys should not expire either way. 

#34 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:59

By the way, this thread send me back for a subject we (me and my guildmates) was talking about on our Guild Chat these days.

If the bounty expires the tickets and prize goes to a multiverse where no one can have it anymore?
I know Gold and FSP is free to have according with game politics, but losing that payment for nothing, and with the prize going to no one is kind of crazy?

If you have a bounty on you and no one could finish it during 48hrs, I believe you should have the prize for yourself, defending a bounty for 48hrs is not an easy job to do.

I know some people will not like it, but unless the prize should go back for who posted it, since he payed for nothing.

The bounty offer or the bounty target, not for a black hole.

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:21

you pay for the service of the bounty board.. you shouldn't get your payment if the bounty expires..

you were placed on the bounty board.. making it away safe is your reward (if you start rewarding these people you'll get more players complaining that someone cleared their bounty before it expired and throw the legit bounty hunter on teh board to smash)

Edited by RebornJedi, 12 February 2014 - 15:22.

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 15:28

You where deleveled one out of two possible bounties that you cleared BECAUSE you decided to clear the bounties that were about to expire

why the bounty board system is flawed.. 

#37 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 17:27

Actually, he was first to send me a threat, to which I responded to with the same disrespect that he had given me.

Lets get the facts straight.

Personally I wasn't their - I am not apart of the guild but have views to share on this topic -

1. You claim your innocent - but you were insulted first an felt the need to return insults as well (that's not innocent) ; My advise to you is next time you are clearing someone and get a nasty message -  explain your personal reasons at such time for taking the bounty with respect ( just cause someone stoops to insult you, doesn't mean you can't be a bigger person about it all and reply with respect to that person or that person's guild.)

2. Despite all threats and nonsense comments - if it was a clean clear ( doesn't sound like it either so far) Copy the " nasty messages that are sent to you" Go to their leadership - make a respectful appeal on your own behalf explaining that you are going for your bb medal - or you were bored etc - you were then threatened - insulted - etc ---> Explaining both sides of the situation will 9 out of every 10 reduce the amount of support for a de-levelment - No guild wants to look bad - no leader wants to look like a bully or fool - Things are always carried out in this game with good intent or followed by good reasoning.

3. Bad things can and do happen sometimes in life just as in game - One bad turn doesn't always deserve another - I agree with Kat this forum is not a proper place to cry about getting your wounds licked and in fact only creates further appeal to drop you the next time - Since you didn't learn the lesson 1 ( I am not making threats towards you neither I am merely explaining the mind set of most or common pvpers in game) As I said things are followed through with reasoning and cause - If you had cause to complain - you lost it - If someone was wrong - you just mended it - 2 wrongs in this game sometimes can equal a right lol this forum for this particular complaint was misused from the looks of it.

Sorry for being the bad news bear =(

Chazz 

Edited by Chazz224, 12 February 2014 - 17:30.

#38 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 18:08

Personally I wasn't their - I am not apart of the guild but have views to share on this topic -

1. You claim your innocent - but you were insulted first an felt the need to return insults as well (that's not innocent) ; My advise to you is next time you are clearing someone and get a nasty message -  explain your personal reasons at such time for taking the bounty with respect ( just cause someone stoops to insult you, doesn't mean you can't be a bigger person about it all and reply with respect to that person or that person's guild.)

2. Despite all threats and nonsense comments - if it was a clean clear ( doesn't sound like it either so far) Copy the " nasty messages that are sent to you" Go to their leadership - make a respectful appeal on your own behalf explaining that you are going for your bb medal - or you were bored etc - you were then threatened - insulted - etc ---> Explaining both sides of the situation will 9 out of every 10 reduce the amount of support for a de-levelment - No guild wants to look bad - no leader wants to look like a bully or fool - Things are always carried out in this game with good intent or followed by good reasoning.

3. Bad things can and do happen sometimes in life just as in game - One bad turn doesn't always deserve another - I agree with Kat this forum is not a proper place to cry about getting your wounds licked and in fact only creates further appeal to drop you the next time - Since you didn't learn the lesson 1 ( I am not making threats towards you neither I am merely explaining the mind set of most or common pvpers in game) As I said things are followed through with reasoning and cause - If you had cause to complain - you lost it - If someone was wrong - you just mended it - 2 wrongs in this game sometimes can equal a right lol this forum for this particular complaint was misused from the looks of it.

Sorry for being the bad news bear =(

Chazz 

1. I never claimed innocence, as I openly admitted to returning the same disrespect that was given to me. I was the victim however of an unjust act. Most people, in RL or in a game, would react to disrespect by returning it.

I did send him a message stating that I was clearing his bounty with 10 stamina hits to help him out (at least that is what I thought I was doing). He was offline during the bounty so its not like I could have a discussion with him. When he got back online, he sent a threatening (not insulting) message to me to which I responded.

2. It WAS a clean clear and I would be happy to provid anybody that doubts it with the logs (I will screen shot it even if you need that proof). I agree that this does NOT make sense to delevel party on a clean clear... that is my point.

I disagree with "going to their leadership" as ONE threatening message was sent to me, and ONE was sent back to him, and I thought that would be the end of it. Why would anybody take it further? Keep it going? Make it worse? It doesnt make sense to me either. In addition, going to their leadership would only bring more people in on a situation that did not need to be at that time, since again I did not see it as being a big deal that I had clean cleared a bounty. Not to mention the fact that anybody in that guild would be biased to believe their own member, making this an ineffective manuever. Also, his guild leader, or guild mates that participated in the delevel party couldve came to me to hear my side of the story, so lets not place all of the blame on me for not reaching out.

I AM explaining my side of the situation in this thread, and I think clearing a bounty can easily be associated with getting a bounty medal, without needing to say such to said person.

3. This thread was to bring light to a problem with the bounty system, and to find reason and opinion for an action that did not make sense to me. The only "bad" thing that I did was send a negative response in response to his threat. Notice that I did not attack him again, I did not place his guildies on the BB for deleveling me, I have not encouraged any further retribution, only wanting an explanation.

If not voicing this concern in the forum, then where? I had extreme cause to complain as an unjust action was made on me. Rather than focus on how "low class" it is for me to create this thread, how much "lower class" is it for somebody to put a delevel party on a clean bounty clear? Again, I feel that this thread is more than justified.

#39 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 18:35

I am not sure we are well served by getting into the specifics of this case,  - it leads to "He said - she said" and levels of verbal pedantry being displayed. I say that as Y0DA's GF, and because I have seen enough threads about these grievances just fall into flame wars, which serve no-one.

If this illuminates a wider BB issue - cool, lets discuss that in a thread dedicated to same and divorced from this incident.

I feel people have explained their positions pretty clearly, and can leave viewers/HCS to draw their own conclusions.

Suggestions have been made after BG asked for them. What does he or HCS think of them?

If this comes down to respect/being disrespected it simply cannot be legislated away. It comes down to perceptions, and what is considered acceptable to folk on their side of the keyboard. I do NOT care what was said in this particular incident, and do NOT need it rehashed - what is done is done.

The fact is, that threats/insults or no, a person on the BB being 10 stammed and cleared that way could, if they so chose, rebounty the bounty hunter, and if they wanted could ask buddies to drop the BH 5. In the best of circumstances. There is no rule against that, it is part of current allowed mechanics. This thread is asking if that should be so. Talking about why the OP was inspired to ask that question obscures the question he is asking.

I believe variations of this argument have been had in the past. BB rules have been altered in the past. No-one ever seems to be made happy by them. Is it time to have a look at the system as a whole in view of some of the issues raised by posters on this thread?

Again - BG - you asked for suggestions, you got some. I thought Dulcharn's variation on Leo's suggestion was interesting, but will accept if it is deemed unworkable.

Edited by Belaric, 12 February 2014 - 18:36.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#40 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 19:07

I'm learning so much... So I have another question... what is the negative to not allowing bounty hunters to be bountied? It almost seems as if the same argument can be made about the PVP ladder... People say pvp ladder hits should not be bountied because you know what your getting into... wouldn't the same be true for people who end up on the bounty board? Thanks in advanced for educating me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: