#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2013 - 17:28

I'd like to find a way to encourage the clean up after a secure. Possibly a "Gain double TKP after the Titan is Secured!" idea or something. Dunno. Will probably open the floor up for this.

#22 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 13 November 2013 - 18:41

I'd like to find a way to encourage the clean up after a secure. Possibly a "Gain double TKP after the Titan is Secured!" idea or something. Dunno. Will probably open the floor up for this.

oh_hell_no.gif

2nd place would almost be as good as 1st then. They get already +50%, doubling would give +200% TKP ... for some titans like event titans that could even give more reward since u can buy the drop and got some TKP left.

Also think what it would do to the value of Epics. It will drop even further and soon they won't be worth a dime.

Removing 50% give the slower peeps no chance to get some TKP. Why would someone at first place stop hunting if they get the best % TKP bonus from first spot.

Edited by koenvdv, 13 November 2013 - 18:44.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 18:51

The Titans are about as fair as is possible now. I know there have been posts regarding the TKP costs on the normal Titans (Seasonals are half the appropriate number) from a player (I think Parduox? (sp?)) which I'll have a look at sometime but it's not on the cards any time soon.

GRRR - one day, one of you guys will spell it right GIRM ;) (the [sp?] gives ya lil saving grace tho LOL)

Edited by Pardoux, 13 November 2013 - 18:52.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2013 - 20:05

2nd place would almost be as good as 1st then. They get already +50%, doubling would give +200% TKP ... for some titans like event titans that could even give more reward since u can buy the drop and got some TKP left.

Also think what it would do to the value of Epics. It will drop even further and soon they won't be worth a dime.

Perhaps double is a little much but I agree a bonus (maybe 1.5x or so or maybe just increase the bonuses for 2nd - 5th places (the math can be figured out later)) would help to clear out Hanging Titans.

The fact that these titans are just sitting there for so long after a secure shows that most guilds don't feel the TKP is worth it as it stands now.  This means either more TKP or lower TKP requirements for the item.

As far as the value of the Epics goes, there will always be new epics that you can gouge prices with.  For the older epics, the less they are worth, the less players will work to bring new ones in to the game... as more players start playing and as old players retire with epics in their backpack, the demand and supply will find a natural equilibrium (the best part of a free market system).

One thing that might help this would be the ability to break down Epics for Composing.  To sweeten the deal and not require much of a revamp of the composing system, make it to where an epic can be worth X # of lesser fragments (ie a Writhing Ward which is level 100 could be worth 50 SE fragments, or 100 Crystal, or 200 Legendary, or 400 Unique, or 800 rare or 1000 common - just an example with rough numbers).  That way, when a player breaks down an Epic, they choose what type of fragments they want and get # of that type of fragment.

#25 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 21:40

Well i think there are two ways to improve this (Right now Scout Tower is full of titans :( i dont like that).

Maybe one way is to readjust the reward from secure. I mean ok a guild gives 50% and wins the epic item and let the titan bleeding and alone and what if we add the TKP bonus no matter if the guild secure the titan? I mean. If someone hunt the titan and gets 50% allright he has the epic but what if he get 85% kills from the Titan. If he succed he would also recive the same TKPS as kills (with no bonus) and titans would die faster in some way or other.

Or the other way is just to motivate the others in finishing the work from the Securing Guilds and give them a little bonus.

#26 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 22:17

Thinking out loud, what if the titan bled out to 0 hp automatically AFTER being secured? Does anyone think guilds woudl be encouraged to go kill it while its still there for the maximum of TKP? Talking about a slow ratio of a dozen HP down per hour..

Worst case scenario, winning guild would be on cool down so the supply of titan drops in total would potentially be reduced a bit if activity after 50% remained as it is now

#27 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:12

This may cause some controversy but,,,,

Titan Spotted!
 Posted: 10:00 13 Nov 2013
A 'Fuvayu (Titan)' titan has been spotted in Wasteland (North)!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Today,,20 hours later,,,,
Wasteland (North) 1835/5804

How about 24 hours after its 50% is secured it runs away and NOBODY gets a secure drop OR TKP??

To me this seems like shooting a deer, letting it run away and posting a pic of it above your mantle unless you are willing to do the work to finish the job you start you shouldnt be rewarded for leaving it half done.

24 hours isnt a set amount it could be anything but a countdown and warning could be put on screen or scout report informing everyone the time to finish is limited and it will encourage guilds to do more than secure and leave the mess for a maid to clean up.

And am I wrong or does all these half done titans slow the spawn of others???

Edited by watagashi, 14 November 2013 - 06:13.

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:32

How about 24 hours after its 50% is secured it runs away and NOBODY gets a secure drop OR TKP??

24 hours isnt a set amount it could be anything but a countdown and warning could be put on screen or scout report informing everyone the time to finish is limited and it will encourage guilds to do more than secure and leave the mess for a maid to clean up.

That was one of the suggestions I made earlier ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If a Titan sticks around for a while, so? Why must it get cleaned up? If it takes a month for it to be killed, great! Tat just means it's not in demand and it takes that much longer for the epic to show up in game. Again, titans are the least broken aspect. Let's stay focused on the roadmap. Then pvp. We have the seasonals right now. It's a great time to be a Titan hunter.

#30 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:23

Also, I think for those with slow connections, it's a great opportunity to collect some tkp at a very leisure pace.

#31 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:53

I don't agree with "Kill it or lose it" on 24hrs time.

If I come to the map without guildmates and see a lot of FFS players killing the titan, I can leave the titan and send msgs via Global Chat, PMs or FS Box saying "FFS will secure the Kantec, don't farm those TKP, let them waste their stamina or them will lose the drop", that is a real bad scenario, but can happen a lot via PMs.

I like that idea more:

For a secure:
1st - Item
2nd - 100% bonus
3nd - 75% bonus
4nd - 50% bonus
5nd - 25% bonus

For a non-secure:
1st - 100%
2nd - 50%
3nd - 30%
4nd - 20%
5nd - 10%

#32 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:30

Kill it or lose it hour idea will just hurt the players with small stamina banks and won't be a problem for huge guilds with big stamina banks ;) think about it.

Decrease TKP required or increase TKP's bonus will flood epics in game.

Increase kills per spawn will just reduce the time it takes to finish the titan...

I would go for most titans just to clean up tkp if they increase kills per spawn and many like me will do (High ping to server players will never have chance to join the competition for secure) 

Edited by shindrak, 14 November 2013 - 10:49.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:30

That was one of the suggestions I made earlier ..

And one I have no issue with personally, though I'd probably suggest 48 hours. Don't think Hoofmaster particularly liked it though.

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:32

And one I have no issue with personally, though I'd probably suggest 48 hours. Don't think Hoofmaster particularly liked it though.

24 hrs is too short - my preference would be 5-7 days personally ... So there's chance for other folk to clean up if they wanted to ...

#35 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2013 - 15:10

just keep it this way people getting first place have to work for it aswell and if others are a bit slower they can always  clean it up and thus get it slower the faster you get the more reward and practise gives experience  whenever i pop up at a titan there's a maximum of 2 other persons and most of the times one has like 1k stam and the other is from one of the bigger guilds then i get some guildies to aid me and we scare that other guy away and it's a solo secure

people are greedy they want to get as many fsp with as few effort as possible you gotta work for it it's supposed to be a hard job get some allies to aid you etc etc get it done faster try to contest and deny others that's my goal with titan hunting

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#36 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 15:39

I guess I don't understand the poll question. It seems to me the 2nd one is to keep it as is (with the most votes)? I'm confused.

#37 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 16:23

24 hrs is too short - my preference would be 5-7 days personally ... So there's chance for other folk to clean up if they wanted to ...

Do you not understand, that this would hurt the smaller hunting guilds?

The big hunting guilds, with many EOC people can afford to spend near double stamina on titans, particularly, due to cooldown, since hunting opportunities are more limited.

Bigger guilds will simply burn through an entire titan, albeit, spending more time and stamina.  This eliminates competition-free TKP cleanup opportunities.  Smaller guilds have less resources to do that.  They either grudgingly waste 1000s of stamina cleaning up beyond 50%, for no additional reward, or risk their entire investment disappear.

Disappearing titans hurts all titan guilds, but particularly, the smaller ones.

#38 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 18:30

Perhaps a time frame based on its level, lower ones with more players that should be able to hunt it will have less time than stuff like the big ones which should have more time.

Ill go back to my deer hunting analogy, you dont shoot a buck and let it run off to bleed,let someone else finish it off for you or let it run panicking into a highway letting a truck turn it into sausage for you. You track and finish your kill, field dress it and drag it home.

I have seen people in chat begging others to clean up their kill so they can get their drop, got pms to get the last 200 kills for someone and seen them sit for days. If a guild is to get a reward they should do more than half the total work not half the work and leave the rest for someone else to clean up.

Also got no reply on it above,,,, do titans that sit out unfinished slow the spawn of new ones?? If so theres a great reason to encourage people to clean up their secures or lose them. 

#39 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 18:51

As far as real world analogies, no one else gains any benefit in 'finishing off' your deer. The guilds clearing titans aren't doing it to be swell people and help the securing guild, they're doing it because they value the TKP they will get.

Disappearing titans doesn't solve any actual problems, except to satisfy some false sense of 'fairness' and 'realism'.

#40 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 19:00

Do you not understand, that this would hurt the smaller hunting guilds?

The big hunting guilds, with many EOC people can afford to spend near double stamina on titans, particularly, due to cooldown, since hunting opportunities are more limited.

Bigger guilds will simply burn through an entire titan, albeit, spending more time and stamina.  This eliminates competition-free TKP cleanup opportunities.  Smaller guilds have less resources to do that.  They either grudgingly waste 1000s of stamina cleaning up beyond 50%, for no additional reward, or risk their entire investment disappear.

Disappearing titans hurts all titan guilds, but particularly, the smaller ones.

not necessarily. If the "5-7 day time scale" was implemented then I suspect securing guilds will still leave the total kill until the day before, so 4-6 days, thus allowing folk who wanted the TKP at least 4 days to get it.

My "favourite" suggestion for titans tho was to lower the TKP requirements from their heady heights of 3.4 - 3.75 x the HP of the titan down to 2.5 or even 2.0. That way would get a lot more folk cleaning up I suspect (due to the much easier acquisition of the TKP to get an item). 

That, in turn, would clean titans up more quickly and thus allow them to respawn more quickly (the speculation seems to be that an epidemicus, for instance, won't spawn if there's already an injured one in the realms)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: