No potential for abuse by pvprs?

#23 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 20:03

i'm wondering how difficult it would be to expand the top-rated ranking lists to 1000, or 5000 even

#24 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 November 2012 - 22:19

i'm wondering how difficult it would be to expand the top-rated ranking lists to 1000, or 5000 even

It would be interesting for everyone to see where to rank in level compared to the rest of Fallen Sword instead of just have a number telling where you are. I could actually see this adding a little competition between people. That was one of the fun things when I was coming up through the ranks. Was trying to keep up with someone else either in my guild or on my top 100 list.

#25 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:05

It would be interesting for everyone to see where to rank in level compared to the rest of Fallen Sword instead of just have a number telling where you are. I could actually see this adding a little competition between people. That was one of the fun things when I was coming up through the ranks. Was trying to keep up with someone else either in my guild or on my top 100 list.

How about creating some new additions to the ' Top Rated > Players > Levels' :

Veterans ~ Join date 2006 - 2008
Advanced ~ Join date 2009 - 2010
Intermediate ~ Join date 2011 - 2012
Novice ~ Join date 2013 - Current

I agree that chasing up the ranks is addictive, especially during the early days or even months. Maybe this would help draw new players to keep logging in as we all did back in the day.

Perhaps enable the opportunity to jump into the next category & even the power-levelers might get hooked into staying beyond reaching No.1 in their personal monthly, rather than quitting through deflation/boredom at achieving top spot.

A new Medal would go hand-in-hand with this idea & as we all love medals it could spark some activity and interest into us older players too ?

#26 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:23

I agree that chasing up the ranks is addictive, especially during the early days or even months. Maybe this would help draw new players to keep logging in as we all did back in the day.

I like this idea a LOT ... would give newcomers to the game more tangible "targets" to achieve...

#27 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43

I like this idea a LOT ... would give newcomers to the game more tangible "targets" to achieve...

+1 from me to this

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:41

+1 from me to this

another +1

#29 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 14:46

Perhaps enable the opportunity to jump into the next category & even the power-levelers might get hooked into staying beyond reaching No.1 in their personal monthly, rather than quitting through deflation/boredom at achieving top spot.

A new Medal would go hand-in-hand with this idea & as we all love medals it could spark some activity and interest into us older players too ?

How would this work exactly? I joined in 2011 and have gained my top 10 monthly Ruby medal. I'm not sure I would like to be classed as " Intermediate " purely based on when I joined the game. Would my endevours in climbing my monthly not suggest otherwise?

The reason i make this point is not out of personal interest but more how it could effect my Guild. Its difficult enough trying to recruit players and if I as a Guild Founder were tagged as an "Intermediate" class player it could make recruiting nigh on impossible.

I don't know but would it not be better to use " Kill Streak " and " PvP Prestige " to determine player rating rather than join date?

Cheers.

wil72

#30 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 15:18

How would this work exactly?

these suggestions are just rough, spitball-type ideas

drencrom for the cows, hopefully stimulating their rassoodocks

#31 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 15:23

How would this work exactly?

these suggestions are just rough, spitball-type ideas

drencrom for the cows, hopefully stimulating their rassoodocks

Horrorshow droog. :wink:

#32 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2012 - 15:58

How would this work exactly? I joined in 2011 and have gained my top 10 monthly Ruby medal. I'm not sure I would like to be classed as " Intermediate " purely based on when I joined the game. Would my endevours in climbing my monthly not suggest otherwise?

I think you misunderstood the proposal.

The idea is not to rank everyone who joined in 2006-2008 as Veterans and 2011-2012 as Intermediates. The idea is to make a new ranking system based on level where players of similar join date ranges are compared to each other. It is a bit like the Monthly top 100 list, but the ranges are bigger so you can compare yourself with more players.

Maybe the names of the ranges are a bit odd chosen. It simply means some have joined a while ago and others have joined more recently.
Right now a level 700 player that has joined 2 years ago is doing really well, while a player that is also level 700 but has joined 5 years ago is doing a lot less well (concerning levelling). By putting them into ranges of one or more years, it's much easier to compare them to others. The player that joined 2 years ago will be somewhere in the top of his range, and the player that joined 5 years ago will be much lower on the list of his range. :wink:

Players currently have two means to see how well they are doing about their levelling:
[*:2g0ztn1s]Monthly rank
[*:2g0ztn1s]Overall rank
The monthly rank compares you to all players in your monthly.
After a while huge gaps between players will occur as some players will powerlevel, some will level a lot, some hardly level and some stop levelling at a certain point. For example, my monthly (november 2008) has 3 players level 1500+, 3 players between level 1400-1499, 4 at 1300-1399, 8 at 1200-1299, 7 at 1100-1199, etc. all to number 100 at level 733.
It can take a very long time for players to jump or drop a few places.

With the Overall rank the only list that is present is the Top250 list. The list is dominated by players that have joined quite a while ago. Most are from 2006-2008, some are 2009 and only a few are from 2010+.

You have joined in 2011 and have already gained your Ruby Monthly top 10 medal. You probably have little interest in your monthly top 100 list and your other monthly players offer little competition.
On the other hand, the Overall top 250 list is still a long way for you as you are only half the level of the number 250.

If another rank would be made as DirtyChick proposed (or more in line with the monthly list: a yearly list) then you would compete with big levellers of the other months around you.

In my opinion it would be a good thing to make something like this between the monthly and the overall ranks to fill the gap that is there.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#33 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 16:27

...the only list that is present is the Top250 list...

and i'm wondering if these lists, in all categories, could be expanded to 1000, or 5000, 10,000 even

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 19:37

I think you misunderstood the proposal.

The idea is not to rank everyone who joined in 2006-2008 as Veterans and 2011-2012 as Intermediates. The idea is to make a new ranking system based on level where players of similar join date ranges are compared to each other. It is a bit like the Monthly top 100 list, but the ranges are bigger so you can compare yourself with more players.

In my opinion it would be a good thing to make something like this between the monthly and the overall ranks to fill the gap that is there.

I apologise, I seemed to have jumped the gun in my assumption :oops:

Now that I understand the concept i can do nothing but agree that this would be a good addition to the game. It would be interesting to compare one's character with those of different join dates and as the poster of the original idea says it may make players, who otherwise would not, start logging into the game again to compete with new competition. I know I would :wink:

Cheers.

wil72

#35 fs_spinestalk

fs_spinestalk
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:28

Reviews:
I've been reading through some reviews that MMO sites have posted about Fallen Sword. Some of the reviews are very good, but then there are those really harsh ones. I know HCS can't control what is posted on these outside sites but you can learn from them. For instance go read some of these reviews especially the Con side of the review. And see how you can improve upon some of the negative things said. Because in my opinion the negatives seen from an outside source is so much more valuable and gives more incite than anyone that already plays the game and has their own opinion.

i just checked out the reviews posted at www.gameogre.com about fallen sword and there are a lot of harsh reviews there, and some are really discouraging and disheartening. for me what really rings true are the issues about lag and the high prices of the items in the ah and the difficulty to acquire these items because it is so hard to earn fsp...

#36 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:49

Reviews:
I've been reading through some reviews that MMO sites have posted about Fallen Sword. Some of the reviews are very good, but then there are those really harsh ones. I know HCS can't control what is posted on these outside sites but you can learn from them. For instance go read some of these reviews especially the Con side of the review. And see how you can improve upon some of the negative things said. Because in my opinion the negatives seen from an outside source is so much more valuable and gives more incite than anyone that already plays the game and has their own opinion.

i just checked out the reviews posted at http://www.gameogre.com about fallen sword and there are a lot of harsh reviews there, and some are really discouraging and disheartening. for me what really rings true are the issues about lag and the high prices of the items in the ah and the difficulty to acquire these items because it is so hard to earn fsp...

Just read those reviews and, man, are they brutal. Most of the players I've never heard of (not surprising that they'll review anonymously) but regardless, not exactly reassuring...

#37 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:02

throwing a +1 in here too, would be above awesome.

#38 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 November 2012 - 17:59

+1 from me to this

And another +1 from me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: