Photo

Speaking of Pride

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow Pride to Recognize True Achievements? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Weigh Medals According to Quality?

1. Yes (81 votes [88.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.04%

2. No (11 votes [11.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 peterzhou

peterzhou

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:14

Both sides have merit to their arguments. While I advocate the affirmative, I can see the POV of the opposition. With that being said, maybe meet in the middle? (i.e, a small boost that doesn't make the buff too overpowering and greedy?) After all, composers work VERY hard to even get the Pride buff  :)

#22 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 13:36

I'm not saying I don't derive great joy from my pursuits.  Even losing levels can be fun if you look at it in the right light.   But I think of it this way.  We have diamond bounty hunters, SE hunters, Titan hunters.... There has always been fun in doing these things, the last can be very profitable, SE's not so much, bounty hunting, well, it's always been a money pit.  We bounty hunt for fun AND the medals.  My point is, it takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention a true cash investment, to achieve a Diamond medal for any of these things.  I'm sure our top bounty hunter did it for fun, not recognition.  HOWEVER, shouldn't his efforts  be recognized as more than those of a new bronze medal holder?  I think they should .... 

I think you just like to banter with me, though.  I like bantering with you, too, tbh, but here, I think I'm right.   

I voted Yes in the poll, to me its just funny that we have so many players saying they do not have time to do this or that and yet I see them using this buff.

For sure the Group that would benefit most from it are gvgers and pvpers. whether it is based on 27 bronze medals  or diamond seems to be somewhat Moot to me just my view nothing more.

Edited by katatonic, 12 January 2015 - 13:38.

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:53

I agree !!

Since the buff is based on medals achieved by the individual player then of course recognition of the level of the medal MUST  also be considered when calculating the buff.  How is that not obvious to those naysayers. 

In comparison  fragmenting of items gives recognition of items which have been forged so a fully forged item gives x 5 compared to a non forged item.  If a forged item can be given recognition why isnt an advanced medal given recognition?

As usual there are a few who just hate to hate because that is all they know and dwell on. But once you accept that there is a vast difference between attaining a bronze medal and a diamond one, and the amount of effort and time involved, the devs should realize that they have erred in acknowledging their player base. Qualità non quantità is the premise I argue.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:08

As usual there are a few who just hate to hate because that is all they know and dwell on. But once you accept that there is a vast difference between attaining a bronze medal and a diamond one, and the amount of effort and time involved, the devs should realize that they have erred in acknowledging their player base. Qualità non quantità is the premise I argue.

There's a difference between what a Medal [Feat] should represent and an achievements [stay in Guild,Login 360 days,Top10 etc]...But as you can see they got medals for everyone, they got a medal for you, and you and even you! they should just fix the medals in general catergorize the not so great ones as achievements otherwise this buff is inaccurate to begin with :]

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#25 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2015 - 20:07

This makes sense. I voted yes.

The condition would need to be that HCS changes the ladder system entirely.

The dominance medal achievement isn't such an achievement these days.

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:12

There's a difference between what a Medal [Feat] should represent and an achievements [stay in Guild,Login 360 days,Top10 etc]...But as you can see they got medals for everyone, they got a medal for you, and you and even you! they should just fix the medals in general catergorize the not so great ones as achievements otherwise this buff is inaccurate to begin with :]

I'm unclear how you have decided weight needs to be added to each kind of medal? Why exactly? Everyone gets a chance to obtain a medal, eventually. It's also true of how players gain levels, some do it quicker than others. So why the subjectivity to determine what medal is more deserving than another? Again, everyone has the opportunity to attain them all. This change would have almost zero effect on how the game is played. The change would simply acknowledge players' achievements in a very small way.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 16:25

To be honest I'm opposed to this buff as a whole. It naturally is another way that new players are put at a disadvantage. If it's to be implemented we might as well go for broke and go with this proposal. But I'm 100% opposed to this buff. I figured I'd openly let my opinion be known, as virtually all veteran players (the overwhelming majority of the forums) benefit from this buff, with scant minimal benefit for others.

So many people cry about any attempt to give a "win button" any time proposals are made to benefit new players. How is this anything short than making things easy on the people who say as much all the time with more damage output? Imo this buff idea should be scrapped on that exact same premise.

Edited by Gutie, 24 January 2015 - 16:25.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 19:10

To be honest I'm opposed to this buff as a whole. It naturally is another way that new players are put at a disadvantage. If it's to be implemented we might as well go for broke and go with this proposal. But I'm 100% opposed to this buff. I figured I'd openly let my opinion be known, as virtually all veteran players (the overwhelming majority of the forums) benefit from this buff, with scant minimal benefit for others.

So many people cry about any attempt to give a "win button" any time proposals are made to benefit new players. How is this anything short than making things easy on the people who say as much all the time with more damage output? Imo this buff idea should be scrapped on that exact same premise.

By your logic then you should also be opposed to the skill tree. This skill and the proposal I'm making to recognize the differences between medal types actually gives a very small amount of benefit - it adds a small amount of time to potions cast. It adds relative benefit based on how long you've been playing(time ironically) the game, the only true meaningful measure of comparison. The skill should and does recognize a player's effort in a minimal way.

[Signature removed]

#29 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:41

boomp

[Signature removed]

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2015 - 20:14

I have medals about to change color again, and I'm moving up the levels in composing rapidly too.  It would be nice if when I get there that my medal levels will apply to this buff......

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 13:30

Pride.

Current description: 

+0.5 seconds per point multiplied by the number of medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active. (right now each medal counts as 1, regardless of its 'color', it doesnt matter if you have just bronze or diamond instead, it still counts as 1)

Proposing:

+0.2 seconds per point multiplied by the number of total medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active. (each medal you have been awarded counts as 1, meaning if you have diamond medal it counts as 6 because you obviously have the prequisite bronze, silver, gold, crystal and ruby medals as well)

I checked what the effect would be by choosing random active players, and it would mean just 5-10% duration boost for average players and 20-30% for accomplished players (compared to how the Pride skill is working right now).

Nothing game-breaking, but would certainly be of some incentive to work towards the next medal here or there... :)  (...that +0.2 per point could even be a notch higher... +0.25 per point perhaps?) 

You can check out what the difference would be for you personally on this google sheet:

tinyurl.com/mvpc7e7

Edited by savipats, 28 February 2015 - 18:25.

#32 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 22:44

how about..   leave Pride as it is,  and instead introduce another buff,  name lets say  Pride2,  that it does weight the quality of your medals, not just the quantity, and it will be more powerful than simple pride .  

#33 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:06

any answer from the cows? yes, no or maybe ?!?!?

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#34 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:26

Look like the cows are gone...None forum reply and they are not answering tickets either.

#35 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:14

Hey there.

At present, Pride works as intended. Furthermore, at a time when people are calling for more challenge, does this not simply give more power?

Incidentally yghorbb, we do answer tickets. However, if your ticket is escalated, you are warned it could take a while to get an answer.

~ Grim

#36 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 17:09

At present, Pride works as intended. Furthermore, at a time when people are calling for more challenge, does this not simply give more power?

Isn't achieving a medal beyond bronze the epitome of a challenge? Try attaining Diamond medals to show expertise and find out how difficult it can be. This includes loyalty and service medals. It needs to be acknowledged to show players the respect they have earned. The delay to change this amazes me, especially with the overwhelming support. Doesn't HCS want to acknowledge players' achievements for dedication to the game?

This skill specifically is one that wouldn't 'overpower' a player. It simply gives additional minutes to the length of a potion's duration. It doesn't make any skill more powerful in terms of player stats or level of activation. Like Extend and Reinforce, Pride is simply a convenience skill.

[Signature removed]

#37 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 17:48

When you consider the time and effort needed to achieve diamond medals it only makes sense that those players should be rewarded for their time and effort with a better quality of buff....composers spend tons of gold and time working to get those diamond composing medals, tons of stamina and risk come with getting diamond smasher, bounty hunter, dominance medals...diamond titan medals consist of both time and stamina(bronze can be achieved just doing the element titans)...diamond arena medals aren't easy either

Granted some medals are simpler to get, ie:loyalty medals...but even then it takes time and commitment to the game itself...guild loyalty is something big too considering the amount of players that go on holidays and journey to many guilds

We're not asking for each medal to be considered seperately based on effort involved but more consideration for a combined effort of medal levels

#38 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2015 - 22:37

Can I have a refund on the effort taken for some of the non vanilla medals then? The Stamina, gold and FSP incurred?

#39 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 23:15

Yea make the medals useful for something.. improving this buff wont make it that over powered like lots of other buffs...

#40 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:15

Well thought out point Gutie. I have seen numerous posts that have called out players for being "noobs" or "asking for a win-button" when they asked for some changes / benefits to new players.

I think the buff, Pride, should stay how it is ... because everyone can earn bronze medals fairly easily in most categories, even new players with some effort.

I do think it is a mistake to have ONLY new buffs with composing and completely neglect the skill tree. Or perhaps have a lesser form of these new composing only buffs in the skill tree, and not necessarily at 1600 or higher. Lets mix it up HCS !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: