#21 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:07

i thought the whole point of the token system was that runners up and so forth get tokens as well, otherwise the new system is redundant

Edited by Davros81, 25 June 2014 - 16:08.

#22 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:26

In the "View Completed Arenas" tab, I think that there needs to be more than just 5 listed per page as well. Maybe have it like the AH to where you can set the amount to what you prefer (i.e 5,10, 20, 50). I just started Arena and have 33 pages so I can't imagine some of the veteran players trying to find one with thousands of pages. Not a big issue but it is of some significance.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:32

Ranting.

I suggest you give constructive feedback instead of simply being insulting, thank you. Bear in mind, this will be an ongoing update. If we get constructive feedback, giving us rough ideas of what players think the costs should be, we can take such under consideration. Your post however is not helpful or constructive in the slightest. I suggest you moderate your posting style.

#24 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:36

Bear in mind, this will be an ongoing update. If we get constructive feedback, giving us rough ideas of what players think the costs should be, we can take such under consideration.

Because it's ongoing, it would be REALLY great if it were dynamic to start with.  Otherwise, this will be just another thing that needs constant minding.  Much better to be a 'set it and forget it' issue related to prices.

#25 xitar

xitar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:47

Just looking forward to the details to see how this is going to pan out and how we can help give good feedback.  I'm interested and excited to see what the detailed plan is here.  (mostly because my win to enter ratio is 1:200)

#26 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:55

I suggest you give constructive feedback instead of simply being insulting, thank you. Bear in mind, this will be an ongoing update. If we get constructive feedback, giving us rough ideas of what players think the costs should be, we can take such under consideration. Your post however is not helpful or constructive in the slightest. I suggest you moderate your posting style.

tbh I do not see this update increasing arena activity at all, only thing that changed is the token reward section, nothing else, the few top arena players will just dominate the tournaments => dominate arena prices in AH !

IF you really want to invite more players to the arena then you need to introduce cooldowns (on players) like you did with the titans !!

worked great before so why not try it UNLESS this update is only for the very few top arena players  :unsure:

this will invite new players to the arena

how long the cooldown lasts is up to HCS to decide

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 16:56

Much better to be a 'set it and forget it' issue related to prices.

Ongoing in that this will be completed over the next day or two.

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:04

tbh I do not see this update increasing arena activity at all, only thing that changed is the token reward section, nothing else, the few top arena players will just dominate the tournaments => dominate arena prices in AH !

IF you really want to invite more players to the arena then you need to introduce cooldowns (on players) like you did with the titans !!

worked great before so why not try it UNLESS this update is only for the very few top arena players  :unsure:

Titans is another thing Dominated by players using super connection... Arena Doesn't require something no one have.

#29 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:06

Great idea Bil, very much needed to give folks a chance at winning anything.

Also to prevent the pros abusing this as they most certainly will, the cool down should be retroactive so the minute you hit it you are kicked out of tournaments you registered in that haven't yet started.

Otherwise they'll just mass register in a bunch of tourneys when they are one short of the limit as a loophole.

Edited by bleacher12, 25 June 2014 - 17:07.

#30 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:11

Titans is another thing Dominated by players using super connection... Arena Doesn't require something no one have.

And so the whining by the winning pros begins, please, step away and let others win, yes you have a huge gear and experience advantage you keep abusing.

Don't give the standard excuse of 'you have to play a lot to win', there is no learning happening there, combined with the the randomness and your domination, n00bs don't stand much of a chance of getting anywhere. Cool down is a great idea.

Edited by bleacher12, 25 June 2014 - 17:12.

#31 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:17

Complaints about the domination of the arena by a few players is universal and the no.1 reason I've heard from most players about why they quit playing it and don't want to play it.

The only reason you would oppose a cool down is because you want to win everything all the time and dominate hence proving the point about the domination.

This will be the best change in bringing in participation in the arena. So if as you claim you want arena to thrive and improve, get behind the idea, otherwise your complaining only proves what everyone says about you arena pros.

Edited by bleacher12, 25 June 2014 - 17:18.

#32 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:20

titans can be dominated by super connection and / or number of hunters and that is why there is a COOLDOWN for guilds, if there was no cooldown on titans then the EPIC prices in AH would be dominated by the very few !!

there is a reason why HCS introduced COOLDOWNS :) (one guild with its members were securing and dominating the EPIC prices in AH) and nobody can deny that it increased titan activity !!!

IF HCS does not introduce cooldowns on players for the arena then the outcome should be pretty obvious:

very few arena players are going to dominate the arena prices and we will have the same problem we had before the update !

I do not think HCS relased the new arena update for these few arena players

THE ARENA UPDATE SHOULD BENEFIT THE WHOLE COMMUNITY NOT JUST A FEW PLAYERS

if you think this is a bad idea then tell the reason why it is bad for the whole community?

#33 robinhood2

robinhood2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:27

I think the idea of a cooldown system would be a great idea,but it should only affect item arenas.If u win any item in the arena u shouldnt be able to join that item arena for 2 days or what ever number would be better, altho i wouldnt go higher then 2 days as it might slow the tourneys down.

#34 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:35

titans can be dominated by super connection and / or number of hunters and that is why there is a COOLDOWN for guilds, if there was no cooldown on titans then the EPIC prices in AH would be dominated by the very few !!

there is a reason why HCS introduced COOLDOWNS :) (one guild with its members were securing and dominating the EPIC prices in AH) and nobody can deny that it increased titan activity !!!

IF HCS does not introduce cooldowns on players for the arena then the outcome should be pretty obvious:

very few arena players are going to dominate the arena prices and we will have the same problem we had before the update !

if you think this is a bad idea then tell the reason why it is bad for the whole community?

I can't see who's dominating it to be honest..."Dominating" just a word of player's who give up quickly

I Rarely join arena but i still check tourneys sometimes , i saw many new faces winning in arena with average number of wins , Most of the old ones retired even i can't win like i used to because some players got better and better.

Ask savipats hes in your guild ;) Every dedicated arena player used to dominate the arena for short time . Everyone can be nothing comes easily like hunting titan with super connection :) got my point?

#35 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:40

"The new arenas now give tokens instead of items, gold and moves. These tokens can be spent in the arena shop."

Wait...

So there are no longer item or gold prizes?  That is a step backward, imo.  I don't think that's what people were expecting.

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:40

let say we did this and then in the first weeks all the better arena players went on cool down, the second week you have everybody entering in random selections hoping to get lucky, two weeks later more are on cool down, then weeks go by as this process happens, we have people winning left right and centre in this lottery, nobody is learning anything basically, just hoping to get something of value, even poor players may get a win or two ........ basically you will have this but if players arent willing to learn against the better people they arent going to learn anything from playing in a lottery either........ or is that what we want a weekly lottery OR an arena ....... is there enough players out there willing to enter arenas all day to keep it running while those that have been playing all this time are on cooldown and have one less reason to log in every 15 mins, it doesnt seem like this would work from how i picture it.

#37 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:41

I can't see who's dominating it to be honest..."Dominating" just a word of player's who give up quickly

I Rarely join arena but i still check tourneys sometimes , i saw many new faces winning in arena with average number of wins , Most of the old ones retired even i can't win like i used to because some players got better and better.

Ask savipats hes in your guild ;) Every dedicated arena player used to dominate the arena for short time . Everyone can be nothing comes easily like hunting titan with super connection :) got my point?

so you think the idea of introducing cooldown is GOOD or BAD for the WHOLE COMMUNITY ?

IF bad then please give a decent REASON !

#38 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:43

No, I don't get your point because you don't have one. I clearly explained my point and you failed to counter even one of them and failed to provide any except some pointless homilies.

Numbers don't lie and the numbers clearly show that a handful of players own the arena. Period.

Here's why this change will kill the arena for good without a cool down. In the old format anyone could enter the big item tournaments (BM 300, LF 600, Legendary resources, etc) and had at least a random chance of winning.

Now with this change, once the token exchange value for these items is corrected to higher values, the only players capable of getting them will be the said pros that have dominated arena all along.

So, now, without even a random chance of winning the big value items what motivation does anyone have to take part anymore? I can tell you for a fact I will definitely quit playing it.

Sure a few will play for pride and medals, but those are the few that play now and they'll only get fewer over time.

Cool downs gave a huge boost to titan hunting with even tiny guilds now going for it, it should give the arena a boost too.

Edited by bleacher12, 25 June 2014 - 17:45.

#39 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:44

Ongoing in that this will be completed over the next day or two.

You see, this is a problem.  Previously, the arena sort of self-corrected, with the price decay system.  You are saying it no longer will.

Let's say something is missed, and a price is too high.  Every single item needs to checked, on a somewhat regular basis.  You are creating more work, by assigning fixed prices.  In 'a while' the prices will be wrong, and need to be modified again.

#40 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:44

I liked a lot the idea of token on the arena (you can choose to buy what you want if you have enough tokens).

But it looks like the problem will be arena champions joining all arenas, making almost impossible to new arena players to have an chance on winning some arenas.

An cooldown would help a little but may probably be a bit inconvinient

I thought it would be also an section for:

- Novice Arena Players (non-moves) [no medal]

- Average Arena Players [bronze medal and silver medal]

- Expert Arena Players [gold medal, crystal medal, ruby medal and diamond medal].

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: