#21 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:50

I have found it to be a bit too hard getting the sets put togeather. I have to pretty much go through 500 energy just to get two lurker heads that may or may not give me the component I need which really drags things out for a couple of days! If the resources and extraction were a tad bit more frequent it would be nice :)

trouble at level 10....... me thinks the problem is worse than I originally thought.

BTW, welcome to the forums, and thank you for contributing!

#22 Benzidine

Benzidine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:23

I don't think it has ever been a question of hardness. In truth they are easy to build. It is more a question of time consumption and redundancy.

They are terribly frustrating in my opinion, but I guess that is because I have things I would rather do with my time than hunt the same mob for hours upon hours. I don't mind the energy exchange, I just wish I didn't have to sit for 8 minutes out of each spawn. I would rather have sets made from completing a series of tasks (which have a better xp pay out) and can allow me to build a set in 1-2 hours.

Think of it this way, I typically burn 15,000 energy in 1-2 hours and find that fulfilling. Taking 6-10 hours to burn 2000-3000 energy is just too slow paced to hold my interest (or as I mentioned before, keep my wife off my butt).

Agree with Acidic !
Some people like me may not have enough time to sit there and wait the spawn, real life things.
As the game designed to be, we'd better follow the rule, or quit if don't have time to play...
If everyone can have their own set more easily, then the cradit sink problem won't be so big at all.
1st, people will need to upgrade their new set. (this need credits)
2nd, people will need to buy FCs to do so.(this need credits or USD)
3rd, people will need to buy blueprints and invent costs.(this need credits)

Well~ don't think decreasing the drop rate is a good way.
And, true, sorry to all the Elite hunters. This issue may lose/decrease your business benefits.
But to overall viewing, this may be a better way to keep old players stay and have new players join.

#23 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:42

on that last point, I see that it could hurt the value of sets, something I have made a profit on so I do get it. But the extreme high value of sets (which have sold at 400FC at times) might be one of the things hurting the game. If sets are easier to make, then the price might drop, but it also means builders can build more and sell more and hopefully new player will be around to buy them. Anyway for cows, 10 sets sold at 60fc each and upgraded is more profitable than 1 set sold at 400fc when upgraded.....

#24 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:10

who has time to hunt to sell? not if there is constant content

#25 ss_axegrinder

ss_axegrinder
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:16

Making the sets isn't the problem so long as you get the drops,that's the hard part,not enough drops at times and blown extractions don't help.

#26 ss_eldrocks

ss_eldrocks
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:29

I have a question:

Is there an absolute range on the number of elites, drops, components in the game?

What I mean to ask is if Lv 10 sets are the easiest to make (Which they should) and if lv 500 sets are the hardest (Which they should) what is that range?

The reason I ask is that if the lv 10 set averages let's say 4 elites every 10 minutes, has a 50%-60% drop rate, and only needs two extracts of two components for each item to make the set and a lv 500 set averages let's say 2 elites every 10 minutes, has a 30-35% drop rate and needs 4 extracts of 4 components for each item then I believe it is in the games best interest to establish a ceiling and a basement and hold true to that range no matter how much content is added and it is all of the sets in between that get tweaked on the plus side let's say on a quarterly basis based on the number of players playing the game but never exceeding the ceiling

For example.

Let's say 1 person has reached lv 500 now and want's to build the set. He would have to deal with the lbasement numbers stated above in order to complete the set.

Let's say that in 6 months that person reaches lv 600 and now there are 10 more individuals who have made it to lv 500 or higher. With new content comes a tweak in the numbers. The level 600 guy still has to deal with the basement numbers but now because more people have mad it to 500 the drop dets increased from 30-35% to 33-38% or the number of elites increase to 4 every fifteen minutes and the tweaks trickle down all the way down to the beginning levels but never exceed the ceiling numbers that have been put in place.

I realize that there needs to be some diversity in the number of components and extracts that would be needed to keep the game truly monotinous but I'm sure there would be a some sort of calculation that would allow that diversity to exist.

To me the trick is to get more people excited about the game. The top players are generally going to be your die hards and shouldn't be penalized with even harder set builds and the newcomers seeing the dividends making set are in the beginning will be healthy for the game.

Thanks for your time.

#27 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:18

scaling the elites to to the number of people likely to be hunting it???

hmmm.........

+.9

(you loose .1 since it requires a likely good deal of coding - but the principle is solid!)

#28 ss_zamaram

ss_zamaram
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 17:48

Just a random suggestion about these sets. Why not make the Elite sets more viable, say 15 to 20 levels. Hk sets some where between 50 to 75 levels. That might help justify the time, effort and investment for building them while keeping the need for FC and credits up. The only problem I see right now would be that there isn't another HK that I've heard about since the level 190.

Before anybody goes telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about think about this, lower level factions have a harder time making the sets which can cause players to play less often and not donate. If the sets lasted a few more levels for the Elites and a few less for the HKs it could help with finding a balance between the players and factions for everyone. It's just a thought. The extraction rate for the drops when you do manage to get them rather bites in my opinion :?

#29 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:00

I didnt read this thread just yet - but here is the results from my recent hunt

I just did 320 elite and got 57 kills - my droprate was very discouraging and ranged from 25% - 30% using FI 130 Droprate never was over 30% at any time

I would say droprate is spot on as far that goes - 30%

Find item however did nothing for me from what i can see and because as i said i never crossed the 30% mark

i wonder if the coding is backwards to be a % chance to roll AGAINST getting a drop

end result of my hunt is 57 kills 17 drops 3 hours invested

when i try to extract these i have 30 slots for that... but if i had 10 i might only have 1 piece (or less) having to destroy extracts as i go... what if we adjusted the blueprints to 7 extracts a piece not 8

as i said i have not yet read this thread but will review it shortly and get caught up :)

#30 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:14

I have found it to be a bit too hard getting the sets put togeather. I have to pretty much go through 500 energy just to get two lurker heads that may or may not give me the component I need which really drags things out for a couple of days! If the resources and extraction were a tad bit more frequent it would be nice :)

trouble at level 10....... me thinks the problem is worse than I originally thought.

every player every level can contribute here

also... we could have increased droprate for the level 10 elite - while easing new players into the game and setbuilding - we want to encourage them to support their class right? the value on these sets should be something these new guys can reach

#31 ss_varkaz

ss_varkaz
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 21:43

I have found it to be a bit too hard getting the sets put togeather. I have to pretty much go through 500 energy just to get two lurker heads that may or may not give me the component I need which really drags things out for a couple of days!

Ok, I have just increased the drop rate of the level 10 Elite.

Yes, with this Find Item 'tweak' it has forced us to take a look back at the drop rates and look at playability of Sigmastorm. I feel that now we have 400 levels we can smooth things off in the early section without destroying the game.

every player every level can contribute here

That was one of the reasons I made this second thread, I hoped that some other Players might post. The Sigmastorm 2 Team wishes more Players would post.

also... we could have increased droprate for the level 10 elite - while easing new players into the game and setbuilding - we want to encourage them to support their class right? the value on these sets should be something these new guys can reach

I hear you. I have just boosted the drop rates for the following Elites:

Level 10 Ancient Sand Lurker (Elite)
Level 20 Dune Scanner (Elite)
Level 26 Sharona Rai (Elite)
Level 40 MD1 (Elite)
Level 50 Zlaxxon (Elite)

I hope that helps.

#32 ss_varkaz

ss_varkaz
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:02

Find item however did nothing for me from what i can see and because as i said i never crossed the 30% mark

i wonder if the coding is backwards to be a % chance to roll AGAINST getting a drop

No, Find Item increases the chance of a drop.

Honest :)

#33 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:17

i voted 'its a challenge, but thats the way i like it', that said a challenge shouldnt be TOO frustrating and i think thats great work increasing drop rates on earlier elites to ease frustration for newer players till they get the swing of it :)

#34 mistzabuza

mistzabuza

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:27

i voted 'its a challenge, but thats the way i like it', that said a challenge shouldnt be TOO frustrating and i think thats great work increasing drop rates on earlier elites to ease frustration for newer players till they get the swing of it :)

dont be mean

#35 mistzabuza

mistzabuza

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:34

and i was hunt today elite 320 drop rate is bearable 7/20

was 2/12 and then i deactivate some buffs and it worked got 5/8 lol (maybe was may fault from begging have a bad drop rate lol )

bdw can u tweak strength of monsters too from 80 to 100 level lot off players have hard time there ( purist mostly) 2hits monsters are bad:( especially in Yaron way

#36 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:35

No, Find Item increases the chance of a drop.

Honest :)

I was thinking that too, Varkaz are you a coder can you confirm this by examining the code?

#37 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:40

was 2/12 and then i deactivate some buffs and it worked got 5/8 lol (maybe was may fault from begging have a bad drop rate lol )

bdw can u tweak strength of monsters too from 80 to 100 level lot off players have hard time there ( purist mostly) 2hits monsters are bad:( especially in Yaron way

NOOOOOOO.

We have few enough tough mobs. 2-hit mobs aren't THAT big a deal. Would love to see more stretchea of them.

#38 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 22:45

NOOOOOOO.

We have few enough tough mobs. 2-hit mobs aren't THAT big a deal. Would love to see more stretchea of them.

I am on both sides of this one.....

Maybe the 86/87/88/89 mobs only......

Instead of really tweaking them, maybe just make the irradiated of robotic so the hunter buffs can assist....

#39 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:58

I voted it to be a slight challenge, but that's okay.
In general I don't make sets as a routine or merchant thing, and never did it. I'm making sets when I or others in the faction need an upgrade on equipment. So, unless I can find a decent offer to buy them it is elite hunting time. And I think it is perfectly fine when it takes a couple of days (a max of 2-3 hours a day) to make a set. After all, it's going to be used for anything from 10-40 levels.

I like this change to increase the drop rate of the lowest level elites further, good idea. Also, great that you're running this interaction Varkaz, this really brings things forward 8-) !

#40 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 15:10

After now having spent 6K+ energy to build a set here at lvl 300, I am sticking by my vote that "It is horrible to make the set and I stick with Core items." The time and effort to build it was more than I really wanted to spend in the first place. Now that I have built the set, the style of play I have been using with the core items, does not go with the set-up of the elite set, so I kind of wasted my time in building it. Yes, I could have been real anal in calculating the stats of the set before making it, but all the sets I saw were FE'ed and I was not planning on doing that as there are other upgrades I would rather spend on. The way I have built my character at this point does not work with the set and don't plan on redoing that portion of it, just to use the set.

Yes, it has far more damage than what I usually use, but does not provide me with enough protection in Defense or Armor, so I'll be throwing it to the side for now, but will probably just end up selling it. Maybe it will be for just hunting elites for the damage portion, but idk.

Based on that, I doubt I'll craft any more as any equipment I make will be for myself, only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: