#21 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:47

sorry to be the odd dude out on this,but from the crap that happened last night if this were to also happen I would want a refund...

• Ant likes this

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#22 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:56

Or just remove the achievs that you need to pay for.

Fire,i like fire.

#23 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:21

I dont think there is any good solution to this at all.
Making it possible to buy the packs for treats screw the guys that bought them for several thousands of EP.
Leaving it as it is makes it extremly dumb as a free to play player wont ge the achivement at all.
Removing the Achievement will not be good either. There might be that one or two guys that managed to get the achivement by spending tons of EP cos they, like many others are Achievement Hunters. Meaning they would lose their earned points for nothing.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#24 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2014 - 17:26

Whatever solution would be decided, would be a detriment to one side or the other (those who already tried to pay for the achievements, and those who want F2P for boxes like Christmas).

I feel that all achievements should be obtainable without having to pay. EP is not all that easy to buy anymore as it's pretty quick to round up enough gold in the game. If gold was less abundant, then sure, I can see that argument. 

I know that this is not really a huge solution, but maybe look into the EP spent from the start of the event to the announcement of the change in boxes (if it is made) and refund maybe 50% of the EP spent. It will give some EP back to those players who spent, but not put all the gifts they already bought in vain. 

#25 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 17:40

Pay to win has always been an important part of the successful gaming business model. Any aspect of the game will be made easier if you pay. "Fair" has nothing to do with it. Life's not fair either - oh well ;)

Personally I like the challenge in knowing that I got everything without having to pay anything. It's simply a choice.

If there are certain things that are pay-only, then I'll take a pass on it. If they are not bound, I might pay EP to get it. If they can be bought in the shop, then you can use ep or earn gold and trade to get the ep to buy the item(s). Lot's of ways to earn gold in the game. If you don't want to go through all the effort, then pay money for ep or become a supporter.

I doubt HCS has any desires to lighten your expense at the cost of theirs. Just not smart business IMO.

Edited by zargon, 30 October 2014 - 22:54.

#26 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 18:17

I retract my suggestion, so whatever the boss decides is best for his game is up to him. It is clear these decisions are coming from the top and not the team, who work hard every day to bring us a game they can be proud of. You guys done a great job and made a great game.

This does not effect me in the slightest, I do not care about achievements, I have loads of EP. I am concerned about all the monetization that has been added lately and this is not the Eldevin I joined back in Beta or on release. I do not like free players not being able to compete with me or anyone else that has EP or real money to burn. I do not care if that is levelling, pvp, vanity, mounts, achievements, relics or whatever.. I have always tried to stay clear of these kind of formats in games and I guess Eldevin has now, for a while at least.... joined that list. Why? because when I do things I want to compete and battle with EVERY other player in the game, not just the paying ones.

Good luck with Steam release, best of luck to everyone in the game. I thank all of those I have played with, grouped with, chatted with, laughed with and also all of those I argued with too (I loved you really)... you all made it an enjoyable experience. biggrin.png

Peace, Mongo out.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#27 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 19:55

this is not the Eldevin I joined back in Beta or on release.

Now this point is a very vailid. When you really think about it, so much has changed from the grinding aspect, browser based game, story driven dungeons, exp, job exp. Grouping. Gold payouts, gold decline. Weapons such as sword giving sorc etc which lol and a bit of a gimmick if we are all honest. Shields being used for block and giving sorc. Rolls on weaps packing an insane punch to gems. Pvp changed, trappers atoll becoming a gathering area. Man so many things.

Everything all just went off the rails really, or were put on the rails if you so viewed it. The vision posted in the beginning of guilds and a medieval setting, to now mounts that fly around and other wacky things. It has turned more into a cartoon parody world. The vision then being changed to steam from always being focused on browser, I can only imagine a lot of updates were shelved for steam opening and we lost a lot of players who waited and waited and vanished. So I guess the devs are gambling and betting it pays off big. Who knows what is in store. But I would agree the game has changed a lot.

Edit in : and best of luck on your travels mongo.

Edited by HappyDays, 30 October 2014 - 19:57.

#28 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2014 - 21:16

Still, 20 point's most will never have do to fact pay to gain!

Pay to gain vs pay to win as what is say for mean's when every cap's out on acvemnt's those who have these 20 point's will be on top as payed for them.

For acvment and ranking this should not be factor in being in top list.

Add, spooky gift's as option be bought with treats' simlure to X-Mas

Understand feqw spent nearly 300$ in ep on gifts; not even got Wild Fire - spectra to much spend get 10 point's.

Most of use who play game's is be comptive and have fun.

when come's down to acvemnt's something work for in game not real world and pay for chance get.

"Pay to gain chance"

Edited by redsmokeboy, 30 October 2014 - 21:16.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2014 - 22:28

Totally agree that the achievement shouldn't only be obtainable by purchasing items from the shop.

There was a bit of miscommunication about the achievement. It was never mean't to be linked to items that can only be bought for Eldevin Points. I'm going to discuss this with the team tomorrow and see how it can be changed.

Regards,

Hoof

#30 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 23:36

m0lYdwX.png?1huzzah

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#31 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2014 - 00:31

Congratez slip first at 4k.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#32 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 00:53

Totally agree that the achievement shouldn't only be obtainable by purchasing items from the shop.

There was a bit of miscommunication about the achievement. It was never mean't to be linked to items that can only be bought for Eldevin Points. I'm going to discuss this with the team tomorrow and see how it can be changed.

Regards,

Hoof

Thats good, but going to be tough to please everyone. Good luck!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#33 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:04

m0lYdwX.png?1huzzah

Gratz :D

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#34 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:25

Regards,

Hoof

Why you do this after I posted I am gonna take a break? Now I am gonna look like a big TIT when I play again. :D

If it really was just a miscommunication then that is fair enough, but maybe you need to put in place some kind of player testing before your updates. Players would of spotted this a mile off in testing, and the guard quest bug too.

#35 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:45

Why you do this after I posted I am gonna take a break? Now I am gonna look like a big TIT when I play again. :D

*points at mongo bongo and giggles* :P  and welcome back! :lol: haha

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#36 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:10

*points at mongo bongo and giggles* :P  and welcome back! :lol: haha

Shhh you!  :D

#37 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:15

All I am going to say is, good luck in your future endeavors HCS. hope the steam release goes well,if so maybe I shall make a return.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#38 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:38

Guthix quits ? Oh noes :( Now who will report the bugs to HCS? :D

Fire,i like fire.

#39 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2014 - 23:18

I feel a bit like this..

jwsRQor.png

you know how that makes you feel..Lost for words.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#40 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 23:30

i dont get the problem..you still have a rare mount..etc..just doesnt make it an achiev?

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: