217 replies to this topic

#21 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:27

I intend to add a new Int Stim in this week. Just wanted a bit of feedback first. I know everyone except Badlands liked the idea of a Slaughterfest prize. I was wondering what everyone would think of a Blueprint and a new Part or Resource as prizes that are combined with the current highest Int Stim. This keeps the need for the previous one while allowing access to a higher one if required.

Thoughts?

No to SF if content will continue to be pumped out fast
Yes to a blueprint combined with the MK3 Int or maybe blueprints where 2 MK3 become a x6 and 3 MK3 become a x9 so that MK3's maintain value while not having to come up with ideas of items to combine :?:

I like this idea ED, and I agree with others that a int stim as a SF reward is not a good idea, at leat not if it is bound, as a lot of us cnat participate in SF every day for some reason or other,
and some like me lag a lot, and never wins in SF due to this if a lot of people join

#22 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:32

what about the guilds whom yesterday were able to afford thier structures and today will no longer be able to afford them

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:42

Interesting Question: Will the price of BP's and Parts be adjusted also, as this will affect the game for some when you're low on credits?

Negative. Those are calculated at Entity Drop rates any way.

Would they use SF points that are already out there? or would it be added.

It would use existing points. We don't want to create another points type to the SF.

The unfortunate thing about the SF's is that they are very very energy intensive, and therefor may not ever be as popular as they could be, have you considered a reduced energy rate for movements in the SF's or even a faction structure that will reduce movement costs? this might add the spice you are looking for to get the SF's moving again..

Possible. Will mention to Coders.

how about adding a creature that spawns randomly in the realms, sort of like a SE i guess. one that drops resources for high level stims? something challenging, something for factions to use their high group for, and to not reduce the value of the AR stims, make sure they use components from AR as well.

Again, that's entirely possible. HK style stats for Resource drops? What does everyone else think?

A question not yet asked is what happened to the buff? This can actually create an interesting dynamic if the buff retains credit gain.

No. The buff does not have the credit gain.

I like this idea ED, and I agree with others that a int stim as a SF reward is not a good idea, at leat not if it is bound, as a lot of us cnat participate in SF every day for some reason or other, and some like me lag a lot, and never wins in SF due to this if a lot of people join

Fair enough though the Blueprint and/or resource/item would not be bound. (I think all the SF items are unbound now. They ought to be!)

what about the guilds whom yesterday were able to afford thier structures and today will no longer be able to afford them

There should be more than enough creds coming from the Entity kills to sustain the structures. We shall watch for feedback however. If the structures costs are a touch high, we may need to tweak them down.

#24 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:42

Many issues are now coming up with these changes is the price of leveling when you receive less credits

Blueprints
Parts
Assembly
Drones
Medpacks
Stims
Special Stims in the TH for 15 to 40K
Lost credits from dieing

I like the idea of creating the credit sink but if the rest of the game isn't adjusted to reflect this it may create more problems than it fixes.

#25 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:47

Many issues are now coming up with these changes is the price of leveling when you receive less credits

Blueprints
Parts
Assembly
Drones
Medpacks
Stims
Special Stims in the TH for 15 to 40K
Lost credits from dieing

I like the idea of creating the credit sink but if the rest of the game isn't adjusted to reflect this it may create more problems than it fixes.

All of these are calculated at creature drop rates. We shall see what people say though.

#26 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:54

HK stats will be way too weak, maybe 3-4X the lvl 300 behemoth stats, possibly higher, something that takes a group to kill, we need more to do with squads, really all we have is artifacts to go after and the ill prepared hunters who need them for the elites, and HK's for missions.. plus we have these wonderful skills in our classes that up our squad stats, with absolutely no reason to use them at the moment :)

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 16:58

HK stats will be way too weak, maybe 3-4X the lvl 300 behemoth stats, possibly higher, something that takes a group to kill, we need more to do with squads, really all we have is artifacts to go after and the ill prepared hunters who need them for the elites, and HK's for missions.. plus we have these wonderful skills in our classes that up our squad stats, with absolutely no reason to use them at the moment :)

Cool. We can ask the Coders for a new level of beastie if everyone would like this option?

#28 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:00

+1

#29 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:01

:cry:

There's a much easier solution to request for higher intens stims. Just tell them to hunt more often :x

Edit: Since ONLY creds are effected higher level intens will break the game as purist will be able to cast MS again after every combat. Solution: remove skill power multiplier too? :lol:

#30 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:06

Cool. We can ask the Coders for a new level of beastie if everyone would like this option?

Do we want them to be this rare? Having such a "beastie" might be fun, but I worry about the coder time given the long list of things not here.

The accelerator stim I thought was coming out (blueprint) leaving current INT stims seemed a good idea. Making the drop come from a high level, difficult "beastie" does the OPPOSITE of creating a low-to-high trading platform. That is horribly lacking in this game and would MUCH rather see it come in that direction.

#31 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:11

Do we want them to be this rare? Having such a "beastie" might be fun, but I worry about the coder time given the long list of things not here.

The accelerator stim I thought was coming out (blueprint) leaving current INT stims seemed a good idea. Making the drop come from a high level, difficult "beastie" does the OPPOSITE of creating a low-to-high trading platform. That is horribly lacking in this game and would MUCH rather see it come in that direction.

Not sure it would require coding time, maybe just plug higher numbers in the database :P

But make this for a medal only, not for some awesome reward otherwise it will only serve to make the top 5 factions rich at the expense for the less fortunate

Edit: maybe start new thread on this, seems off topic to me

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:26

We could deal with increasing the number spawned in a realm.

I liked the Accelerator Stim too. The coders were not fans of two skills that are near identical, plus there was the coding issue of which buff would take precedence. Maybe if enough players ask for the planned accelerator, I can change their minds?

As for the beasty, there's no reason it should come from a high level critter. We could have it across multiple levels perhaps?

But make this for a medal only, not for some awesome reward otherwise it will only serve to make the top 5 factions rich at the expense for the less fortunate

Edit: maybe start new thread on this, seems off topic to me

Possible. I do like the idea.

T'is a bit OT but it's spawned from a Int idea. :mrgreen:

#33 WilkinsS

WilkinsS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:31

I liked the Accelerator Stim too. The coders were not fans of two skills that are near identical, plus there was the coding issue of which buff would take precedence. Maybe if enough players ask for the planned accelerator, I can change their minds?

make a poll BG im pretty sure alot of people will vote yes to separate the two :mrgreen:

#34 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:34

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but...where did this came from?

Why is this necessary? How does "existence of higher level Intensifier" lead to the conclusion "less credits for all intensifiers"?

And, why as I player, would I see this as a good thing?

How could anyone afford a higher-level INT stim when, while using it, they make less credits?

#35 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:35

have mixed thoughts on the slaughterfests as resources for the parts for stims, would they use SF points that are already out there? or would it be added. the unfortunate thing about the SF's is that they are very very energy intensive, and therefor may not ever be as popular as they could be, have you considered a reduced energy rate for movements in the SF's or even a faction structure that will reduce movement costs? this might add the spice you are looking for to get the SF's moving again..

how about adding a creature that spawns randomly in the realms, sort of like a SE i guess. one that drops resources for high level stims? something challenging, something for factions to use their high group for, and to not reduce the value of the AR stims, make sure they use components from AR as well.

When the update to the slaugterfest made you respawn randomly instead of at the healing center. slaughter fest went downhill. it is quite fun to pile up 60 to 80 kills and not have to move as much. I think combining a beastie and using slaughterfest tokens to make higher level inten stims would be an awesome idea. I would love to see the sigma crowd back into slaugterfest :) biggrim lets take both ideas and make 2 ways to get these stims going. :)

#36 WilkinsS

WilkinsS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 17:56

When the update to the slaugterfest made you respawn randomly instead of at the healing center. slaughter fest went downhill. it is quite fun to pile up 60 to 80 kills and not have to move as much.

thats what killed it for me well that and lack of players :cry:

#37 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:13

How about scrapping the intens altogether and replace it with seperate stims for each seperate effect? Accelerator, Golddigger etc. ;)

Btw nice to see you're on top of it BG, almost like chatting :D

#38 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:25

When the update to the slaugterfest made you respawn randomly instead of at the healing center. slaughter fest went downhill. it is quite fun to pile up 60 to 80 kills and not have to move as much.

the random respawns is what actually made it a challenge, if the energy costs were gone for walking/sweeping i think many more people, (i know me for 1) would join more frequently.

#39 WilkinsS

WilkinsS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:29

the random respawns is what actually made it a challenge, if the energy costs were gone for walking/sweeping i think many more people, (i know me for 1) would join more frequently.

if the energy use for walking was gone i would gladly join them again

#40 joejim

joejim

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:33

since intensifier has no credit increase can we get credit buffs plz?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: