Photo

Should We Have Personalized Avatars for the Data Sheets?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#21 ss_allgoaway

ss_allgoaway
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:42

i would love to see personal avi's in this game there an extenson of the bio, but at the same time they are realy not needed. This is just another case of what people have in there head from FS and is not what is needed to fix the bugs, like the item repare, to get this game realy moveing.

#22 ss_rantul

ss_rantul
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 14:40

I personally thing that we should have perzonalizable avatars; HOWEVER, I think that the personalized avatar should be a small avatar (say, 70x70) that goes next to your character view.

I LOVE the fact that you can see what equipment you're wearing on your character, and I would rather keep that than anything else, but I don't see why we can't have a small icon next to it. If it's smaller it won't kill too much bandwidth and people won't be as likely to freak out about customizing it since it won't be huge anyways.

#23 ss_unithia

ss_unithia
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 16:32

I think we need some avi's in this game. Everyone has an individual preference and likes to be known for their avi's. Kind of like an alternate personality :mrgreen:

#24 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 22:50

I think we need some avi's in this game. Everyone has an individual preference and likes to be known for their avi's. Kind of like an alternate personality :mrgreen:

I agree, An avatar says alot about some body.

#25 ss_sigiloso

ss_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 23:47

Where would HCS locate the avatar space? I would not like the default 'monkey' on my data sheet to disapear, because it shows the items you have equiped. But well having an avayar to personalize your data sheet would be nice IMO.

P.D. Suggestion the format for the avatar would fit just above the statistics.

Regards.

#26 ss_decimation

ss_decimation
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 00:07

i am sure the people who said yes, are avatarists who want to make easy crystals... HCS made it this way, so that those people would not have an easy ride with this game as they did in FS

That is just weak speculation.I love Avatars and came here to see if it had already been posted.I do not EVER make avatars for anyone else it is just something that adds a little to the game.This is not a 3D game,so every little bit we can add just gives the game more flavour and makes a lot more people happy.I am no marketing expert ,but i have been around gaming for a VERY long time and i would bet,the Avatars mean ALOT to alot of people.It makes the game more attractive to a wider player base,that cannot be a bad thing.

#27 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:36

We do have a bio section so people can say "This is me and what I'm about"

:D

also might want to check out viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1044

#28 ss_exulion

ss_exulion
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:46

How about being able to personalize a few body parts on our current data sheet visualization? I like how we see our equipment, also being able to see our char holding the weapons would be cool as well.

#29 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:50

How about being able to personalize a few body parts on our current data sheet visualization? I like how we see our equipment, also being able to see our char holding the weapons would be cool as well.

yeah i think it would be better if our character would hold the weapon in combat

#30 ss_supmet

ss_supmet
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:40

I think HCS is stacking the no votes :evil:

#31 ss_greenblaze

ss_greenblaze
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:05

come on, dont you think HCS have better things to do than worry about personal avatars, thats like the least important thing right now, i think your forgetting that this isn't FS, this is like saying "oh maybe our mcdonald's should have a whopper just because burger king has it and people love it". Just because this is like FS doesn't mean we need it to be exactly like FS. If you want to have personal avatars, then play FS, this is SS2 not FS, and besides i like the little man they give us, it shows what we are wearing and mines green :D so to answer your question i say no we should not have personalized avatars.

#32 killa06

killa06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:33

I dont really care if we have personal avatars or not in this game..... It wouldnt hurt either way since its not a hard thing to implement into the game.

#33 ss_jonty1105

ss_jonty1105
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 23:51

everyone is forgetting the point i meant to have an avitar as well as the little man maybe above or below the little man

#34 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 00:16

I dont really care if we have personal avatars or not in this game..... It wouldnt hurt either way since its not a hard thing to implement into the game.

its not a hard thing to implant, but the cows said they get lots of reported avatars a day so it gets annoying

#35 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:11

I think HCS is stacking the no votes :evil:

lol :shock:

#36 ss_palyon

ss_palyon
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2008 - 16:54

:arrow: Personal Avatars Bring sooooooooo much more to the game.
I know......for Hunted Cow it's no picnic, but, it brings a level of depth to the game you just can't get without it. An avatar says "This is me and what I'm about". A guild avatar does the same for each guild. I think that Avatars are essential to the personalization of your Data Sheet.

When I see the avatar of sombody else, it personalizes things. I feel like I know that person a little. It's not just a generic Data Sheet that looks the same as all the others. I understand that some people may take offense to some of them. You could have a way to report offensive images. 8-)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO - Leave it the way it is.

#37 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:52

:arrow: Personal Avatars Bring sooooooooo much more to the game.
I know......for Hunted Cow it's no picnic, but, it brings a level of depth to the game you just can't get without it. An avatar says "This is me and what I'm about". A guild avatar does the same for each guild. I think that Avatars are essential to the personalization of your Data Sheet.

When I see the avatar of sombody else, it personalizes things. I feel like I know that person a little. It's not just a generic Data Sheet that looks the same as all the others. I understand that some people may take offense to some of them. You could have a way to report offensive images. 8-)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO - Leave it the way it is.

why???

#38 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:39

:arrow: An avatar says "This is me and what I'm about". A guild avatar does the same for each guild. I think that Avatars are essential to the personalization of your Data Sheet.

When I see the avatar of sombody else, it personalizes things. I feel like I know that person a little. It's not just a generic Data Sheet that looks the same as all the others.

have you heard of this thing called biographys? it says, "this is me, and what im about" same for fractions ;)

#39 ss_caveman

ss_caveman
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:18

i am sure the people who said yes, are avatarists who want to make easy crystals... HCS made it this way, so that those people would not have an easy ride with this game as they did in FS

No offense but i guess that's what i can term as sour grapes :mrgreen: ... Avatar making is a skill and people pay for it. If u r good they will buy.. if not.. no...

Other than that... an avatar would make it to look a lil bit lively... all the dark colors in the Data sheet give me a depression :shock:

#40 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:27

No offense but i guess that's what i can term as sour grapes :mrgreen: ... Avatar making is a skill and people pay for it. If u r good they will buy.. if not.. no...

Other than that... an avatar would make it to look a lil bit lively... all the dark colors in the Data sheet give me a depression :shock:

that is not why they didnt implant them, they didnt implant them because they were getting spamed with so many reported avatars, so they decided not to implant it here, there are about 1.5million active players in fs, probably 1% at least gets reported every week idk, but thats what 150,000 avatars? who wants to look threw that many of them, and click the ban button, talk about a soar finger :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: