New Content Update. Level 206 to 210.

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 ss_varkaz

ss_varkaz
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 23:15

first to finish the mission. You receive 847,710 Xp + 20 Skill points

Feedback: nice mission, plus the end part with the elite, i loved the huge map and the number of elites :D.
Question : does the sets reflects the outcoming creatures? or you just picked the numbers?

The Dahon do not like the Phantom Stalkers. The Mission reflects the Medicine Womans desire to have them killed. The extra spawn numbers allow Players to get the kills needed for the Mission - as well as the Players tryin to make the sets. If I had left it at the normal spawn rate, it would lead to serious clash of between these two Players.

#22 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 23:36

first to finish the mission. You receive 847,710 Xp + 20 Skill points

Feedback: nice mission, plus the end part with the elite, i loved the huge map and the number of elites :D.
Question : does the sets reflects the outcoming creatures? or you just picked the numbers?

The Dahon do not like the Phantom Stalkers. The Mission reflects the Medicine Womans desire to have them killed. The extra spawn numbers allow Players to get the kills needed for the Mission - as well as the Players tryin to make the sets. If I had left it at the normal spawn rate, it would lead to serious clash of between these two Players.

That is Scottish understatement! :lol:

#23 ss_varkaz

ss_varkaz
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 23:46

That is Scottish understatement! :lol:

LoLz

#24 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:07

We'll have a new Sector Map sometime next week. Until then, use them feets guys and gals! :mrgreen:

dont mind walking gives me time to think ,

#25 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:13

The Mission Item you need to create on level 210 requires 11 Backpack Spaces open. Until this point I only had 10 spots in total, so this mission forced me to upgrade something that I didn't want to.

Could this be revised please?

RJEM

Sorry, you got to lvl 210 with only 10 backpack slots? Wow.... I assumed that by lvl 210 everyone would have increased their backpack slots by now.

Well suppse I will have to alter it by adding a Blueprint. But that wil have to wait till Monday. I am not going to reduce the Misson requirements.

Easy there! I also only have 2000 odd energy - not everyone can afford to have 15k energy and 100 BP slots, especially if they play both Sigmastorm 2 and Fallen Sword. It would be nice, but right now it isn't a priority (or wasn't until this mission). I don't have a problem with needing 10 extracts in total so it's tough for people who haven't upgraded component slots either (like me), plus a healthy number of mission drops.

It's just that I don't have the backpack space for a hunting set, a defence set, and 11 drops at the same time. God bless the guild store for juggling, but if something isn't needed (like BP slots up until now) I won't buy it!

#26 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:17

they are needed now so maybe you should buy them ?

#27 ss_lyzander

ss_lyzander
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:06

The Mission Item you need to create on level 210 requires 11 Backpack Spaces open. Until this point I only had 10 spots in total, so this mission forced me to upgrade something that I didn't want to.

Could this be revised please?

RJEM

Sorry, you got to lvl 210 with only 10 backpack slots? Wow.... I assumed that by lvl 210 everyone would have increased their backpack slots by now.

Well suppse I will have to alter it by adding a Blueprint. But that wil have to wait till Monday. I am not going to reduce the Misson requirements.

Easy there! I also only have 2000 odd energy - not everyone can afford to have 15k energy and 100 BP slots, especially if they play both Sigmastorm 2 and Fallen Sword. It would be nice, but right now it isn't a priority (or wasn't until this mission). I don't have a problem with needing 10 extracts in total so it's tough for people who haven't upgraded component slots either (like me), plus a healthy number of mission drops.

It's just that I don't have the backpack space for a hunting set, a defence set, and 11 drops at the same time. God bless the guild store for juggling, but if something isn't needed (like BP slots up until now) I won't buy it!

Hey! :P

I have 10 BP slots and 10 component slots and never had an issue with a mission too! I wouldnt like to start upgrading those just to finish one, i consider them more of an ease rather than a neccesity.

I think it is prudent to point out that if energy were spent enjoying the economic opportunities in this game, instead of re-lelveling the same level multiple times every content, you could easily offset the cost of an additional backpack space.

In fact, you could go back to hunt the level 190 HK and sell one drop and that would cover the additional cost. I hope this helps you through the struggle.

I truly hope that the plans are not changed over this - even a player who has never donated a survey or dontated a dollar should be able to have mustered together 10FC for a backpack slot....

If they are really opposed, they do not HAVE to enter the elite map, right? Why should they need access afterall if they are not going to use the opportunity?

#28 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:15

wow, finished the mission. took me over 30 kills to get 7 drops for the elite blue print. This place is going to be mad house for next week. egad. I feel for anyone with slower connection as it will be almost impossible to do this mission until people move on to the next one. if it was 6 kill only, it would have been easy, but the large blue print with low drop rate makes it very tough. I wish everyone else much luck. :D

oh yes, I have made a lot of FC in this game(literally thousands of FC). the opportunities are there if you want to take advantage of it.

#29 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:55

well I cant say I look forward to that mission then..I have consistently had slow connection on this game (not on FS) and have never been able to elite hunt until everyone else was more or less done..

Lucky for me I have a job in RL that allows me to use my CC to get some flux, so I have ugraded my char, and also my back pack to a astounding number of 30 slots...wow...my components tray is a different matter...will eventually need to upgrade there as well I see..oh well

In fact, you could go back to hunt the level 190 HK and sell one drop and that would cover the additional cost. I hope this helps you through the struggle.

this I can totally forget..spent hours and hours chasing that one..got lucky 3 times with it spawning right close to where I was, and so far not 1 single drop...so what can I gain from that ?
actually gain more if I start deleveling and sell the gained credits for flux instead.

but apart from that I am glad we got some new content, and at least something new to do for a bit :)

#30 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:31

Back on track:

My point is simply that in nearly 600 levels of Fallen Sword and 209 levels of SS2 this is the first mission which required an upgraded pack, and this came as something of a surprise to me. I thought I would make sure the devs were aware of this.

The content itself is excellent - good plot line, reasonable drop rates on the missions so far, and a superb surprise with the elite this time around.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end of the story, although knowing my luck on elite drops it will take me about 70 kills to get them :)

#31 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 13:29

Varkaz, I don't believe that you can really make assumptions here. Everyone is free to spend their flux the way they want. I have 15 backpack slots for example, only because I use ammo. Anyone may have gone 500 levels with 10 BP slots if they didn't see the need for it.

I think it is prudent to point out that if energy were spent enjoying the economic opportunities in this game, instead of re-lelveling the same level multiple times every content, you could easily offset the cost of an additional backpack space.

Right now I agree with you Lyzander, and it's not a matter of not being able to afford it. But I think you should have the chance to choose your upgrades rather than be forced to do them.
My biggest concern is, however, that in the future, when EOC is at level 500 and the FC prices are much higher, than it may indeed be a problem of affording it for the level 210 players. I don't think the devs would want anyone to sublevel or hunt HKs for a month to collect the 10 FC for a BP update to finish a mission at that point. However, if you want to make 11 mission item blueprints in the future Varkaz, why don't you make a mission that will give an extra backpack slot as a reward? :twisted:

#32 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 13:44

My biggest concern is, however, that in the future, when EOC is at level 500 and the FC prices are much higher, than it may indeed be a problem of affording it for the level 210 players. I don't think the devs would want anyone to sublevel or hunt HKs for a month to collect the 10 FC for a BP update to finish a mission at that point. However, if you want to make 11 mission item blueprints in the future Varkaz, why don't you make a mission that will give an extra backpack slot as a reward? :twisted:

Now here is someone that has come up with an excellent idea! It was my understanding that the game concept was built to allow anyone to play the game without donating. Forcing one to upgrade their character to complete a mission does in fact take away from this concept. What a great suggestion, in having a reward mission that give an extra BP slot. sirona you have your head screwed on straight and it is a great suggestion!

#33 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 14:44

it is easy to make fc even with slow connection. for examplew, lvl 160 drop or lvl100hk drop sells for 1 fc each even now, and you can solo hunt most of the time. heck, day before the new content, lvl 200 elite was empty as well. made 2 armor in 1 day and sold both for 40fc. with minimum 550 energy the game will still allow to make 3-4 fc a day. even in FS, higher lvl quest requires upgraded characters. I dont think it is that big a deal to require 11bp.

#34 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 16:49

it is easy to make fc even with slow connection. for examplew, lvl 160 drop or lvl100hk drop sells for 1 fc each even now, and you can solo hunt most of the time. heck, day before the new content, lvl 200 elite was empty as well. made 2 armor in 1 day and sold both for 40fc. with minimum 550 energy the game will still allow to make 3-4 fc a day. even in FS, higher lvl quest requires upgraded characters. I dont think it is that big a deal to require 11bp.

The point for me is that I don't want to have to spend my real life time 'Earning' crystals like this was a job. I like having 2k energy so I can log in and play once a day when we have content, and I don't like worrying about anything in between times.

It's a game - not something I am required to log on and do by the government. If, and when, I wanted to I'm sure I could get some crystals together - as I said I bit the bullet and bought another slot this time around. I just don't think hunting elites or HKs is very fun so I don't do it. Having said that I don't spend my energy delevelling very often either. I have done so a total of 3 times, for 4 levels. Frankly, it too was pretty dull.

The strong points of this game for me are behemoths when a new one comes out, and the storyline as I play through it. Please stop telling me how I need to play the game.

#35 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 17:16

it is a game where it may be "free" to play, does not mean they dont want you to pay. they also need income to keep this going, and if small incremental improvement is needed, so be it. as I've said, it is same in FS to do all the quest as well. all missions are optional, so you dont have to do it.

#36 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 17:28

it is a game where it may be "free" to play, does not mean they dont want you to pay. they also need income to keep this going, and if small incremental improvement is needed, so be it. as I've said, it is same in FS to do all the quest as well. all missions are optional, so you dont have to do it.

I don't think I have done a quest where I would 'need' more than 3 BP slots yet in FS. Sure, it would be extremely hard to do, but I think it could technically be done, which is what I'm arguing here. I accepted long ago that for missions where I would need to make 3 of the same thing, needing 6 extracts each that having only 10 component slots would mean deleting heaps of usable drops.

That's fine, but didn't stop me doing the missions. All my FCs are used for energy and xp gain upgrades, plus stamina boosts if I need them or fancy playing for more than 1 hour per day. Otherwise they just sit around gathering dust. If BG comes in and says that from now on we all need 15 BP slots that's fine by me too. Gives me a chance to prepare in advance.

#37 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2010 - 23:13

Enjoyed the storyline and artwork as usual.

Really liked what you did with the elite mission at the end. Now if you will just put a lock on the 211 content door until the mission is finished. It will rank as one of the best content releases ever.

As far as the "free" player needing to have everything given to them. They are having no problem keeping right up with the players that work or donate for the fc to put into upgrades.

Why should the definition of "free" have to cover not working?

Plenty of opportunity in the game for a "working" player to afford a extra backpack or component slot by level 210.

#38 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 23:18

I don't think I have done a quest where I would 'need' more than 3 BP slots yet in FS. Sure, it would be extremely hard to do, but I think it could technically be done, which is what I'm arguing here. I accepted long ago that for missions where I would need to make 3 of the same thing, needing 6 extracts each that having only 10 component slots would mean deleting heaps of usable drops.

That's fine, but didn't stop me doing the missions. All my FCs are used for energy and xp gain upgrades, plus stamina boosts if I need them or fancy playing for more than 1 hour per day. Otherwise they just sit around gathering dust. If BG comes in and says that from now on we all need 15 BP slots that's fine by me too. Gives me a chance to prepare in advance.

easy solution dont do quest ?

so i have 120 slots ,can i get hsc to make me a quest that requires all to be filled please ,just for me no one else im more important ,

thats what you are trying to say change the game to suit yourselves,leave it as it is hsc dont bow down to the pressure of a few

#39 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 23:43

11 slots just makes the missions more of challenge

Don't forget that this site also has reward offers that can be done for free, visit the upgrade section for crystal rewards.

#40 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 23:55

Wow - I'm not sure how you guys all manage to misinterpret my posts so badly every time.

My ONLY concern is that an FC upgrade is now required to play part of the game, rather than being an optional extra to make life easier in the long haul.

I have spent a fair amount of crystals in this game (and points in Fallen Sword too). I have spent real money on them. I'm not fussed about the expense PERSONALLY. I'm concerned about the general principle behind this latest mission.

Badlands, I'm disappointed at the nature of your post. I already said I had done that part of the mission by upgrading. It won't matter to me either way in the end. I don't think I said anything unreasonable:

-If I have to 'not do missions' because I don't have slots then I don't get skill points and a lot of experience from the missions.
-Sure, there are free rewards. Not in every country though, so think of others who may not be as lucky as you or me.
-Sure, you can make FCs relatively easily in game. Great. Does it necessarily mean I need a bigger backpack? No.

By having a smaller backpack I am having a harder time in missions than those with '120' slots, not an easier one. That's hardly asking for something to be given to me 'free'. I would just like the opportunity to be there to play the game without specific upgrades.

For example - if a mission came out where you HAD to have 120 points invested in a certain skill there would be uproar. Of course, missions are optional, but I guess people wouldn't like to be told where they had to invest their skill points. I think the principle holds for Crystals too - where to spend them should be a player's decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: