Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:22

Awesome Artwork!!!

#22 dar

dar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:26

I haven't behe hunted in quite a while but the appearance of a new beastie has refreshed my interest :)
A couple of comments...

Having the behe appear over multiple maps will do absolutely nothing to improve gameplay nor enjoyment...and some of us do have a lot of fun competing with other Factions to bring home a win.

I don't know if movement scripting is used here. I remember a number of players in a certain Guild-beginning-with-R in FS being banned for using movement/kill scripting...from what I heard anyways. But, from previous experience, there are a number of fast hunters in SS2. Just because they're fast doesn't mean that they are scripting...if I'm on form I can pretty much keep up with them...just ;)

As for quick-tab autokilling. A dynamic URL won't help...imagine 2 hunters reaching the behe square at the same time...one on a fast Internet connection and the other slow. They both "see" the same url but the fast guy get the attack-click in quicker. So when the slower hunter clicks he gets an error message stating that the behe is no longer there. Once the screen refreshes again and the fast hunter has clicked a second time the slow guy still won't get a hit in....etc etc etc

In "The game that shall not be mentioned" Titans have a kill delay (and a static URL btw)...somewhere between 1-2 seconds depending on who you ask. A kill delay here would definitely help level out the playing field and enable more Factions to effectively hunt a behe...and enjoy working together.

Grim - how viable is it to adapt the existing FS-kill-delay code to SS2? As watching players blitz each behe spawns in under a second isn't one of my more pleasurable SS2 experiences

#23 ss_poxitro

ss_poxitro
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:22

can we get a better way to view the insignia options? The current system takes for ever to sort through. Maybe allow a screen that shows all images, and then allows you to select color. Or maybe at least let us filter by color...

GREAT IDEA :D! loving the new image of this beast ^_^
:( not the right level :(

#24 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:39

Having the behe appear over multiple maps will do absolutely nothing to improve gameplay nor enjoyment...and some of us do have a lot of fun competing with other Factions to bring home a win.

its only in 1 map ???

#25 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:29

As for quick-tab autokilling. A dynamic URL won't help...imagine 2 hunters reaching the behe square at the same time...one on a fast Internet connection and the other slow. They both "see" the same url but the fast guy get the attack-click in quicker. So when the slower hunter clicks he gets an error message stating that the behe is no longer there. Once the screen refreshes again and the fast hunter has clicked a second time the slow guy still won't get a hit in....etc etc etc

This might or might not be true on the first click, but after that it is somewhat random. It would slow down the killing but I don't know if it would guarantee a win to the faster player every time. It would over a super slow player but should lead to somewhat random numbers of kills of the same spawn (of course skewed toward the faster player as it should be). I can guarantee that when I land on a square, see 8 mobs, click refresh, still see 8 mobs but have no more Behemoth and there have been 15 kills that nobody moved and pressed a kill button 15 times. Guarantee it. I mostly just want everyone to have to click a button every time they kill the mob (and have to see the mob to kill it). As for movement scripting - I have no clue if it is used or not. BUT, it does appear that the SS Helper movement script is faster than moving manually. So - there is an incentive to use one for those so inclined.

I agree about the multiple maps. That would just punish Behemoth hunters by making them move around WAY more. Not the best way to handle it imo.

#26 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:09

just wondering what the reward will be ,as the weapon can be made already

#27 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:24

Grim - how viable is it to adapt the existing FS-kill-delay code to SS2? As watching players blitz each behe spawns in under a second isn't one of my more pleasurable SS2 experiences

Should be possible. I want that coded with the Behemoth Reward points so here's hoping we can get it soon.

#28 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:31

just wondering what the reward will be ,as the weapon can be made already

just found out its a mission item for weapons which are already made ?????? think cows need to look at that ?????lol

think you forgot to add it to blueprint ?

#29 bobdafrnch

bobdafrnch

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:40

Is it supposed to be "Targeting" or "Targering"?

#30 dar

dar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:43

Should be possible. I want that coded with the Behemoth Reward points so here's hoping we can get it soon.

Nice one Grim. Looking forward to the behe rewards also :) Now....off to the pub with you and don't be lurking around these forums ;)

#31 dar

dar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:50

This might or might not be true on the first click, but after that it is somewhat random. It would slow down the killing but I don't know if it would guarantee a win to the faster player every time. It would over a super slow player but should lead to somewhat random numbers of kills of the same spawn (of course skewed toward the faster player as it should be). I can guarantee that when I land on a square, see 8 mobs, click refresh, still see 8 mobs but have no more Behemoth and there have been 15 kills that nobody moved and pressed a kill button 15 times. Guarantee it. I mostly just want everyone to have to click a button every time they kill the mob (and have to see the mob to kill it). As for movement scripting - I have no clue if it is used or not. BUT, it does appear that the SS Helper movement script is faster than moving manually. So - there is an incentive to use one for those so inclined.

I agree about the multiple maps. That would just punish Behemoth hunters by making them move around WAY more. Not the best way to handle it imo.

I'm not sure eco. There was a lot of discussion in FS about this. It depends on how the behe spawn is setup I think. Does only 1 DURL behe appear on the square and respawn there, for example, 8 times....or if 8 DURL behes appear on the square (under one "tile"...appearing as one entity) and when a hunter clicks to attack he hits one of them...even if the "top" one has just been killed by someone else.

But, yep, what we're all seeing happening is hunters autorefreshing the "kill behe" screen and wiping out each behe spawn even if it's below 8 creatures.

Hopefully if Grim, Hoof & Co can implement the kill delay and move the behe to the top of the creature stack it should go some way towards evening things out for all the hunters...

#32 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 13:51

Nice one Grim. Looking forward to the behe rewards also :) Now....off to the pub with you and don't be lurking around these forums ;)

i was rather hoping that the kill delay wouldn't be implemented here.. :(

awesome on the new behemoth, can't wait till it spawns when we are online here :mrgreen:

#33 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 14:05

lol, there are more 230 deathwalker weapons as deathwalkers had spawned... bad bug...

Why is the psi weapon better than all other of these weapons?

#34 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 14:24

The psi weapon has slightly better attack and damage (about 1%) but also EXTRA enhancement 'Mind Slice' can soldiers maybe get armor piercing rounds to keep things balanced? Not sure what mutant and cyborg need to keep those ballanced too.

edit: color for emphasis

#35 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 14:26

The psi weapon has slightly better attack and damage (about 1%) but also EXTRA enhancement 'Mind Slice' can soldiers maybe get armor piercing rounds to keep things balanced? Not sure what mutant and cyborg need to keep those ballanced too.

edit: color for emphasis

trouble is you shouldnt be able to make them with out killing the behe

#36 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 14:28

Other than that really nice to have new behemoth out there :D Looking forward to get to the level i can hunt it

#37 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 14:32

trouble is you shouldnt be able to make them with out killing the behe

That's another issue, go forth and report it in the bug section

#38 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 20:32

I guess another part of the game that's done for me. Until HCS decides that scripts are punishable this is crazy. 15 kills from under a stack of 8 (invisible Behemoth) faster than I can refresh a page (and I'm not slow). Too bad, Behemoth hunting was fun once....

It was never all that fun imo. Scripting has always been a problem with this and HKs (and probably some elites). It would be nice if the challenge was one that could not be scripted or require redundant grinding for that matter.....

how about starting off by putting Behemoths in a special map that has barriers that move every time the behemoth moves on the map? or maybe a series of say 5 maps all connected and it jumps maps every 10 kills, requiring players to search it out, and making scripting at least cost an insane amount of energy by making it inefficient to do in some way....

Damn :/ ---Again--- a programming school case! I would bet my October salary that the programmer behind the SS2 "player actions" forgot to add a "player lock" --> an action can be done for a player ONLY if the previous action is over, -including its corresponding page refresh-! All and any "player request" sent in between would simply be lost. All those scripting problems would be solved in only one lock()/unlock() procedure :/

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2010 - 21:06

just found out its a mission item for weapons which are already made ?????? think cows need to look at that ?????lol

Is it supposed to be "Targeting" or "Targering"?

Both fixed.

#40 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 21:11

Both fixed.

What about the weapons already created? We used 60FC to augment/fully engineer those four weapons already...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: