#21 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2013 - 18:22

Pretty close. AM would definitely be a help. UB and Reckoning to lessen repair costs and increase Conserve and AM chances. At your level, you might need a few more to allow to one hit while still trying to cover their damage in with your armor (as no CH or PS to worry about).

I can one hit them. Aren't there stats only this? They're level 25.

http://guide.fallens...reature_id=2406

Ah yes, I forgot AM and Reckoning.

AM doesnt work on them, as a certain # spawn per map, and respawn immediately randomly (hence why smaller maps are better).

I doubt Reckoning works with Conserve, unless Conserve would have another roll to activate after Reckoning. 

Same with LF

#22 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 18:30

10 stash for RUBY !!! nice x 10 :)

#23 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 18:44

the reward is a little weak but still going to go for it thanks for the event

weak??? possible reward of 13 AL375 pots ..  OK Superman lol

#24 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 18:54

Thankyou very mch for the event, hope to see many more like it.

Not sure about the wisdom of giving away under powered versions of the commonly given away chests, something different like higher global doublers, allegiance tokens or extra backpack slots would have perhaps been a better way of working 'lesser' GE's, but, since the rewards are what they are, perhaps you could make these chests unbound?  Not for any profit related reasons, I don't really care about turning a profit on anything. I'll throw stamina at this, but I kind of doubt I'll have any use for the rewards, would be nice if I could give them away to players with lower maximum stamina who I deem worthy of gifts?

Just a thought.

Altruistic thought, great... reality, not. Maybe an idea to contemplate if Composing potions end up being able to get Guild bound?

HCS... I could be wrong, but noticed these creatures are dropping gold... I could have sworn they're not supposed to... Could definitely be wrong though... but "cough, cough".

#25 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 18:59

AL 375, Sacrifice 400.

To the "complainers" (first, to make clear, those saying they won't do it aren't necessarily complaining):

If you need help understanding what a gold sink is and how it benefits the entire FS community (yourself included), feel free to pm me in game.

That said, a Global Event is a "community" thing... Why not use some of that oh-so-precious stam to help the "little girls and boys" make the goal. Pretty sure the ones I know would appreciate the AL... dang level addicts, lol.

Other higher levels (not myself mind you) actually do help in the Global Events with free GE buffs.

In any case, thanks for the gold sink HCS and prosperous smacking to everybody! (o0

I agree wholeheartedly with most that you say mate apart from the gold sink part. Personally I hate gold sinks and they don't help the whole " community " as they dont help me. I like to buy gold to bolster the Guild coffers, others will as well I imagine. A constantly low Market Place makes this an expensive exercise. A low Market Place may help an individual player but it's not so sexy looking to a Guild. You can argue that members could pay a higher tax or hunt more often or donate more regularly. Aye right, demanding this of people who join a guild will guarantee you one thing...no members. You could argue that structures could be demolished to lessen the gold cost of upkeep. Yes, a Guild could do that but a Guild with very few structures doesn't look very attractive to prospective members. Another thing, a Guild having a healthy bank balance may just sway a player into deciding to join that Guild. So no, I don't believe continual gold sinks do help the entire community.

I'm sorry Egami, should I have pm'd you with this? tongue.png

And I apologise for this being ridiculously off topic but hey what can you do.

Thanks for the Global Event cows.

Cheers.

wil72

#26 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 19:16

Well, I am not really happy with this global event. I must say that the stashes look good enough (not super like the previous ones, but still good and the lesser quality is made up by the larger quanty).

But the problem lies more in the number of kills needed. We do need 18mln kills to get the max reward, but last time we needed WAY less. Sorry HCS, the Global Booster doesn't help much to reduce the workload if you keep increasing the number of kills. Also, due to the increased number of kills, players with less maxima stamina (or regain) wouldn't  be able to reach the ruby tier. 6000 kills in 48hours is about 125 stamina per hour, not counting travelling.

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 19:29

Well, I am not really happy with this global event. I must say that the stashes look good enough (not super like the previous ones, but still good and the lesser quality is made up by the larger quanty).

But the problem lies more in the number of kills needed. We do need 18mln kills to get the max reward, but last time we needed WAY less. Sorry HCS, the Global Booster doesn't help much to reduce the workload if you keep increasing the number of kills. Also, due to the increased number of kills, players with less maxima stamina (or regain) wouldn't  be able to reach the ruby tier. 6000 kills in 48hours is about 125 stamina per hour, not counting travelling.

At first, I read this as a "we should have total kill targets that guarantee us ruby achievements every time" - but then I looked further :)

After just checking the Wiki entry on the last DarkSun event, the kill count for Ruby has gone from 7.5 million to 18 million. That's one HECK of an increment.

The last DarkSun event resulted in a total of 6,128,675 kills - which, with the new total, won't even achieve silver :). So, yes, I have to concur I'm afraid. I think the "targets" this time are way too high - but I'm willing to be proven wrong ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 20:38

AL 375, Sacrifice 400.

To the "complainers" (first, to make clear, those saying they won't do it aren't necessarily complaining):

If you need help understanding what a gold sink is and how it benefits the entire FS community (yourself included), feel free to pm me in game.

That said, a Global Event is a "community" thing... Why not use some of that oh-so-precious stam to help the "little girls and boys" make the goal. Pretty sure the ones I know would appreciate the AL... dang level addicts, lol.

Other higher levels (not myself mind you) actually do help in the Global Events with free GE buffs.

In any case, thanks for the gold sink HCS and prosperous smacking to everybody! (o0

Please do explain in this forum how this is a gold sink? was unbreakable buff banned or something?

#29 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2013 - 20:44

You guys realize that the global event rewards are cycling between 3-4 different potions? So I find it hilarious that the bulk of the comments are ... "this reward isn't beneficial / helpful to me so i'm just not going to do it". They have been cycling from the beginning and if you don't like the reward .. you are not required to do any kills for it.

I'm sure the people shooting for Top 100 will appreciate lesser competition,  :P. You guys have to keep in mind that a big portion, if not the majority of players, don't make $60 donations to the game and thus don't get free donation potions. Therefore, they either have to buy them in the open market or do without (probably most do without). So this is always a good chance for people to get powerful chests compared to casting buffs / inventable potions.

If you look at past results, we have hit ruby tier on almost every global event. The Community always seems to pull together. And if were close the cows tend to give us extra encouragement with extra time on the global events (happened a few times).

Suggestion: For players that have earned a Top 100 contributor medal, I believe higher global booster pots should be available to them.  I don't believe that it would alter who would actually makes the top 100, but reduce the actual time to burn through your stamina for event kills.

#30 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2013 - 20:50

Please do explain in this forum how this is a gold sink? was unbreakable buff banned or something?

If people use their stamina for this event, then they are giving up the next best alternative.  I guess you could say the opportunity cost of doing this event is that you won't be able to hunt soon. Therefore, a lot of potential gold is not being brought into the game. this will cause the MP prices to be less competitive and drive down the cost of FSP.

But there are people that choose to skip events or use their stamina for other activities during global events. Titan hunting and gvging come to mind ..

#31 MosesChen

MosesChen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2013 - 20:53

^ Oh snap. I took econ the past year. Never thought I'd hear opportunity cost somewhere like here haha.

MosesChen4_zpsf20413de.gif?t=1375701812

Visit my GFX shop! :)

#32 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 August 2013 - 20:56

^ Oh snap. I took econ the past year. Never thought I'd hear opportunity cost somewhere like here haha.

Ha. Apart from the opportunity cost, also take into account the massive influx of Sac 400 pots that will likely be used at some point, reducing the gold gain further.

On topic, thanks for the event hoof, much appreciated :).

#33 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 21:05

non of the above comments actually validate the initial flame and idea that this is a gold sink... a cave event is a gold sink. This is not in any form.

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 21:27

non of the above comments actually validate the initial flame and idea that this is a gold sink... a cave event is a gold sink. This is not in any form.

Which is the inflammatory post mate, I see none.

Cheers.

wil72

#35 Abdizuel

Abdizuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 21:45

AM doesnt work on them, as a certain # spawn per map, and respawn immediately randomly (hence why smaller maps are better).

I doubt Reckoning works with Conserve, unless Conserve would have another roll to activate after Reckoning. 

Same with LF

A list with buff ordering would be great, if reckoning is placed on the stack before conserve it could work on it.    

A basically free high level AL for non donating players is good, multiple is great.  Thank you

#36 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 21:54

animal magnetism does work... i used an AM500 pot on the last event i did not have to move a square to carry on killing the critters.

#37 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 21:56

Which is the inflammatory post mate, I see none.

Cheers.

wil72

I meant the person calling out those of us who perceive this global event to not be as worthwhile. He was quite succinct in his talking down of us. maybe not a flame but it was a cheap poke. Unnecessary.

#38 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 22:04

A list with buff ordering would be great, if reckoning is placed on the stack before conserve it could work on it.    

A basically free high level AL for non donating players is good, multiple is great.  Thank you

Same with LF

Now, I could be wrong, heaven knows it's happened before, BUT......I just got 3200 something kills on one, yes, one space.  I was using AM 500,  and I assume that's why it happened.  As for conserve, it seemed to work just fine until it wore off. (I was using the potion from the chest, from the last event, because somebody's bound to ask where I got it.)  As for everything else, it's a game, I'm enjoying it.  I'll probably keep playing.  Which I think, was the cows overall plan. 

#39 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2013 - 22:06

Ha. Apart from the opportunity cost, also take into account the massive influx of Sac 400 pots that will likely be used at some point, reducing the gold gain further.

On topic, thanks for the event hoof, much appreciated :).

Sacrifice as part of an Epic Pot shouldnt be allowed to be deactivated... I never use Sacrifice, as I want the shinies more

#40 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 00:50

Same with LF

This is completely false information, I can100% guarantee that animal magentism works with the global event creatures, I've used it in every event I've participated in, to great effect.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: