#22 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:17

I'm just wondering how long it will be for them to got this done... Some input from HCS would be great......

#23 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:06

I remember this being discussed at some length in several forums (I think including the one that set the roadmap). As I recall, some players thought top-rated should only include active players, others wanted to know what was the best that had ever been achieved, and so wanted to keep inactives. The resolution for the top-rated lists was to introduce two lists (similar to top-rated guilds).

For medals, it makes sense to me that medals should be awarded for being in the top section of the active players - with HCS usual definition of 30 days being a good measure.

#24 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:06

I remember this being discussed at some length in several forums (I think including the one that set the roadmap). As I recall, some players thought top-rated should only include active players, others wanted to know what was the best that had ever been achieved, and so wanted to keep inactives. The resolution for the top-rated lists was to introduce two lists (similar to top-rated guilds).

For medals, it makes sense to me that medals should be awarded for being in the top section of the active players - with HCS usual definition of 30 days being a good measure.

Agreed.

#25 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:09

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 April 2014 - 19:43

I agree that this should be fixed.  Just check out the inactives just on the BH list,

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 April 2014 - 00:57

Any updates probably due tomorrow (today via EU cuz Scotland :P)

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#28 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 20:08

giphy.gif

#29 Luminaire

Luminaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 17:12

Replying to OP, 

They worked very hard to get where you are, and you gotta stop playing eventually.. why should they be forgotten because someone doesnt want to work hard enough to pass them? this is a bad idea. 

#30 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 19:41

My two cents.....seems to me that say first and second on top ten are inactive for over two months...they still worked hard to get there...we dont know what their situation was...if athletes hold titles for things...why shud they be taken off??  there were a few inactives in my top 10, and i made it a mission to know that passing them would be easy since they didnt level anymore...and i battled with leveling to become first in mine...would be nice to actually earn your top 10 ranking....tho i agree...stinks to pull up guilds for GVG n see all have been gone a year....or go to any other listing...BUT they EARNED that spot..and sadly for what ever reason...no longer play FS.  i say Keep as it is.....SORRY xoxoxoxo

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 22:48

Personally, I find it amusing that folk want to keep historical top "xxx" lists ...

Imagine the following scenario ..

New player creates account. Finds his way around for a few days. Spots the "top xyz" lists and checks them out... All of them are full of inactive players. Now, what does that say to him about the game ? - that all the best players (according to the historical listings) have left the game for some reason. So, he thinks, why should I bother sticking around - there's obviously some reason all these players have quit ...

Now, dynamic "top xyz" listings would have the opposite effect .. Not only would they show that all players on said listings are still active and involved in the game (and thus it's still alive and kicking), but that the listings are more spread out, level wise - for instance ...

"Top Kill Streak"  :-  4 of the top 10 are inactive ..

"Top 250 Bounty Hunters" :- 2 of the top 10, inactive with a 3rd almost (currently) inactive

"PvP Smasher" :- 2 outta the top 10, inactive

"Top 250 Richest Players" :- 2 outta the top 10, inactive

"PvP Arena Champions" :- 5 outta the top 10, inactive - including the top 3 !

Top rated listings need to be a "CURRENT" representation of the game, not a "HISTORICAL" one - keep a historical one as well, by all means, but have the current one be the default view.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#32 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 19:52

This is why you have an active and a legends listing for each.... one for active people, and one for all-time. Simple. Just like top guilds are based off of.... Base medals off the active listings, enourages more people to pursue it in those regards as well. Maybe having an active top 100 for every top listing as well as finally rolling out a top SE hunter listing we've been waiting on for a while. :3

Edited by Gutie, 12 May 2014 - 19:53.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#33 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:28

#34 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 18:41

bump

Cuteness+Overlord+_2e91a687794abaa523419

#35 j3k

j3k

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:19

bump

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#36 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 16:08

i've noticed when searching for a guild using the A-Z list, guilds with no active members do not show up

i'm wondering if the coding for this can simply be copy/pasted over to 'top-rated' lists

#37 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 17:43

I finally made it into my Top Monthly 10 and still feel Hiding the Inactive or making a " Top Rated Legends List " is a great idea... would let those who are active continue to climb and still honor those who made it to the top and are no longer active keep there spot up top of the list.. Cheers!.. Hope this is still looked at and not tossed to the side..

#38 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 18:22

Replying to OP, 

They worked very hard to get where you are, and you gotta stop playing eventually.. why should they be forgotten because someone doesnt want to work hard enough to pass them? this is a bad idea. 

PERFECT!

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:03

PERFECT!

I agree!

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#40 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 13:03

Top rated listings need to be a "CURRENT" representation of the game, not a "HISTORICAL" one - keep a historical one as well, by all means, but have the current one be the default view.

A record is still a record, whether the holder is active or retired. Under your example you believe players will quit because the record holder is inactive? I believe the opposite, like someone else said, that players will find playing for a record more attainable and stick around to beat the record of the inactive player.  Also, some players might not strive to achieve more in the game, ie play more, if they knew their efforts would be degraded to some second tier list somewhere in the annals of the game. Leave this alone. We have enough multiple listings with guild level and player levels.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: