Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:41

so i generate the code for the player's name first...then they log on and enter the code(that i personally have to give them) at the bottom of THIS page?

Correct :)

#22 feonix13

feonix13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:54

I was thinking this also, with the current ways of HCS is getting rid of gold this is somewhat counter productive.
500 however seems a wee bit too high, I was thinking Lv. 300
Whatever the level, I think it needs one.

yeah even a sac 250? As long as there's some sort of sacrifice included to nerf the gold coming into the game. :)

We've added Sacrifice 250 to the potion :)

Thanks for adding this Hoof. Any chance you can add the sacrifice to the potion description on the recruiting page? A standard roll-over pop-up discription for the potion would be nice too. :)

Creation-byRoan.png

Ahem!!! ... As all the cakes are mine - That is my cake.
All of it.
Every last sprinkle.
Its mine....my precious....

#23 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:57

I know im off point .. but while i see Hoof on i gotta say ...

Please make Players Backpack like the Guild Store .. and add Rarity filter .. PLEASE:)

#24 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:00

yeah even a sac 250? As long as there's some sort of sacrifice included to nerf the gold coming into the game. :)

We've added Sacrifice 250 to the potion :)

Unfortunately, it won't work. A player could always manually deactivate Sacrifice.

What you probably need is a new buff which gives extra XP like Adept Learner and reduces gold given, perhaps to zero. That way, manually deactivating it would cause the player to lose the extra XP benefit too.

Then again, with so much FSP given out for this, the inviting player could arrange to give or sell cheap an AL 500 pot to the invited player.

Edit: here's a way to get around this. Instead of an AL 500 + Sac 250 pot, make it a Sac 2500 pot. Same +100% XP as AL 500, but no gold comes into the game.

#25 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:06

any way we could get a Returning Players page to see who has been recruited back? this way the community can welcome them back and help them out with new knowledge or buffs

#26 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:40

I agree with C4RPY. I doubt there are many players who know their old FS buddies personally in real life, let alone have their contact details - apart from those who have the whole family playing on the same PC of course.
It would be great if the code input generated an email to them automatically.

#27 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:41

Most of players retired banned themselves or logging on from time to time not 120 days inactive
and they left game for a reason. if we brought them back and they saw nothing changed they will back inactive :|

Not necessary to add medal for this stuff as it unachievable for many

I agree , i think this whole thing is just going be used as exploitation.

#28 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:45

Most of players retired banned themselves or logging on from time to time not 120 days inactive
and they left game for a reason. if we brought them back and they saw nothing changed they will back inactive :|

Not necessary to add medal for this stuff as it unachievable for many

I agree , i think this whole thing is just going be used as exploitation.

I agree.

#29 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:48

I'd suggest that *returning* players cannot be linked to the player who invited them back in any manner ( ie: same household or family member etc) While this may tinkle a few people off, it would also lower the possibility of exploitation.

#30 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:49

I agree with C4RPY. I doubt there are many players who know their old FS buddies personally in real life, let alone have their contact details - apart from those who have the whole family playing on the same PC of course.
It would be great if the code input generated an email to them automatically.

Agree with you both. I have email addresses in our own Guild Forum but these may not be ones that are used on a regular basis or at all. It would be sound if an email was sent to a players sign up email address.

Cheers.

wil72

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:00

We'll be making sure clone accounts don't get rewarded as we'll be manually allocating the Fallen Sword Point rewards (if anything it would most likely bring our attention to them ;))

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:01

It's early days, but so far there have been 248 Invite Codes generated :D

#33 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:09

I generated code for few inactive players but dont have mail to tell them get back... or will they get email once i use their name in code generator?

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:12

I generated code for few inactive players but dont have mail to tell them get back... or will they get email once i use their name in code generator?

No, you need to contact them to give them the invite code. Note you can delete codes that you've generated but no longer require.

#35 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:20

advanced clones are going to love this ,you know the ones you cannot detect hoof.that run on their own ip ,you need to have that meeting and change adapt your policy on clones badly.

#36 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:23

advanced clones are going to love this ,you know the ones you cannot detect hoof.that run on their own ip ,you need to have that meeting and change adapt your policy on clones badly.

Like I said, we'll be reviewing each one manually before allocating any Fallen Sword Point reward.

#37 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:28

Like I said, we'll be reviewing each one manually before allocating any Fallen Sword Point reward.

And like I said in my ticket I KNOW the player I reported has numerous accounts yet you can not find any evidence that is why these skilled clones will love this.

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:31

And like I said in my ticket I KNOW the player I reported has numerous accounts yet you can not find any evidence that is why these skilled clones will love this.

Can you PM me the ticket id please?

#39 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 21:49

[

Can you PM me the ticket id please?[/quote]

CSI Fallen Sword (Cow Scene Investigators) I had to say it :mrgreen: On the subject at hand however: I looked at my friends list, heck I even looked at my enemies list, and there is only one person whose email I know. That person is literally living in a war zone right now, and I don't think that they would be able to find an internet connection on 20 unique days. In fact in all of FS I only have two email address'. I suspect I may not be unique in this. However, to Hoof and the rest of the bovines I will grant you this was a decent idea, how good remains to be seen. I hope that you will let us know how many "sleepers" take advantage of this.

#40 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 23:00

Gain 50 levels or..? Clear 50 bounties? win 25 arenas? Get 6000 titan kills? Kill 50 SEs?

Not everyone who might come back would appreciate the leveling aspect of the game. If its supposed to be something give them the itch back and encourage them to play, then maybe they should be rewarded for doing activities that they would enjoy.

Its great that you try to do something to get old players to return. :)

I think this is an excellent point.... And I feel this should be implemented some how

There are many things we could ask the returning player to do I guess, but we wanted to keep it quite simple and easy to explain.

Would it be possible to generate the code with a specific task? Ie. a player can choose to generate an arena wins/leveling/titan hunting code, depending on what the player liked to do before they retired. Seems like a simple solution to accommodate everyone?.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: