24 replies to this topic

#21 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:09

I think global rewards have to seriously be looked at. I do not think overpowered potions are the way to go, though I will endorse them if they are the only way forward. This is not because I got mine and want to deny others theirs, but because as I articulated before, I am concerned that super sexy global pots reduce the attractiveness of special offer $60 pots and thus may be inhibiting donations, which like it or not, do significantly help the game survive and thrive.

Globals are community events and should have community rewards. (I also think, as said elsewhere, that some globals should just be to defend what we currently enjoy, not get more freebies.)

I think success in globals should unlock community rewards, with tiers of achievement counting towards that goal. This means potential delayed gratification - there may not be a reward after every global, the reward may need to be built up over time.

What would be satisfactory?

Double XP event for one. We get told the criterion for the next double XP - say 15 tiers of globals achieved. We then earn our way towards it, and know when we unlock it. A variation on RJEM's awesome but neglected idea to have community events or rewards (I can't recall off hand) instigated by finding broken pieces of the fallen sword and bringing them back to the Cathedral of ways. Once unlocked a double XP will happen within 10 days, for example.

Or we unlock legendary releases, or legendary events. Find pathways to quango or storybook, that kind of thing - rewards the community wants.

A quick thought.

Hey, I'd rather have the idea you listed here then potions myself. Maybe a good (very darn good) idea for HCS to look at doing.

#22 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 16:24

The problem I see with Belaric's idea, though it does seem nice, is that most likely it would trigger immediately following the event. Those that need it the most will probably find themselves lacking any significant stamina left to reap the reward after just trying to qualify for it.

Even if the multiple xp event were set for later, many people's schedules only allow them to play at certain times, and may not be able to line up with the second part of the event. The super potion rewards allows all player who found the time to qualify a chance to spend their reward when it better suits them.

I've also seen the non-xp increasing potions used in GvG and on the BB, how would those who choose to use anything but the AL potions feel about a leveling only event? Would the cows not then be obligated to create another event where double xp and gold is taken for PvP hits? How would that fair with the non-PvP portion of the community? Not very well, I think.

#23 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:12

The problem I see with Belaric's idea, though it does seem nice, is that most likely it would trigger immediately following the event. Those that need it the most will probably find themselves lacking any significant stamina left to reap the reward after just trying to qualify for it.

Even if the multiple xp event were set for later, many people's schedules only allow them to play at certain times, and may not be able to line up with the second part of the event. The super potion rewards allows all player who found the time to qualify a chance to spend their reward when it better suits them.

I've also seen the non-xp increasing potions used in GvG and on the BB, how would those who choose to use anything but the AL potions feel about a leveling only event? Would the cows not then be obligated to create another event where double xp and gold is taken for PvP hits? How would that fair with the non-PvP portion of the community? Not very well, I think.

A) It would not trigger immediately after the event as I in fact pointed out - the award, once won could be awarded days/weeks afterwards. The reward would be that the community would know it was won and could plan accordingly. So no stamina wasted by those who earned the rewards, other than the 50K stam squad, and well they chose to have that much stam bank.

Everyone who contributed would have time to regain stam and benefit.

B) The schedules idea is utterly bogus. Many peoples schedules mean they cannot participate at certain times no matter what is done. Should FS be a Friday night 5-10pm GMT game? We all miss out sometimes. Saying some folk miss out some times so you should not do anything at anytime is foolish. I missed the last Global. I live with it. No -one has a right to every bonus event created by the game designers.

C) Is it not often argued that PvP players MUST also level? Arguing that a 2X XP event is PvP discriminatory is weak tea to me. The one thing that has often got everyone in the community horny has been 2/3X XP level events. I did not hear PvP players then shout NOOOOOOO, no XP events - that sucks for us!! Extra XP is good for everyone. There is no discrimination in terms of opportunity, how it is used is up to the community.

I have had ideas for PvP globals. I stick with them. XP gain for all is not anti - PvP. Nor is unlocking rarely seen realms. Or freeing rarely seen legendary mobs.

D) You think Arena is dying? Why not add in as an ancilliary benefit to the next global, 3 basic arena moves to anyone who completes the first tier? Or 1 move per tier? Giving people arena moves as a "give away" might make more folk try the arena. Give people up to one move per tier in the basic moves will reduce the need for moves arenas and paradoxically INCREASE the desire to participate in move arenas as folk seek to complete their move set. Add some of the sexy moves (Crush) as rewards in other Globals, and you will perhaps see an increase the arena membership.

E) I am arguing for community rewards for community effort, not for individual bonuses for minimal community effort. Super sexy levelling and PvP potions were handed out for nothing in the 3-5th globals. That was a mistake. In my honest, narrow opinion.

F) There is a reason why the Cows tried to please everyone with PvP/XP gaining pot combos. I am happy to continue taking the reward of such combo pots as they are offered. I just think they have priced themselves out of their own $60 market with the AWESOME freebies for 5-25K stam/global. Any game player will take the freebie and kill the game. Game players are selfish. Especially the drop in/drop out variety who do not stay long enough to realise what FS offers.

G) Being selfish wins you nothing in the end.

H) I love this game. Hello my friends.

I appeal to the lifers here. We want the game, the community to survive - it won't if we do not now make a concerted effort to be alive and make FS relevant. Try harder my friends. Or hoard your FSP against the time when they mean nothing.

Good god I went on too long. Apologies.

#24 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:21

One for buffing would be awesome.
- Extend
- Reinforce