The Great Clean-up in the realm of Gothador

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Good idea? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Voted Yes, let's make Gothador a cleaner place. (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. Voted No, let's leave Gothador messy, full of level 1 humans. (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:48

Eh, why not? I'm not seeing my vial just yet, so-

you realize of course that after N amount of inactivity on non-supported characters (40 days?) that the characters go "blank" which is to say they become shadows till next they log in.

This used to be the way things worked. Unless "N" is a really large number now, those scrap characters and the legions filling the Gothador safe havens will continue to lie there. All the Heaven and Hell gates, forests, and whatever are brimming with people that haven't played in the past forever. Ever since the great purge of the quasi-subscribed, the game hasn't archived the dead, and so for those that wander the motherland, there is the occasional sojourn past some 200 deep square that screws the rest of the screen.

Not saying this is important (hey, when were my concerns important anyway), but it is an annoyance, and it should be fixed, because it used to work, and now it doesn't.

#22 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 May 2010 - 13:06

ah, it figures, people lose interest and so do the hoofed ones...

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing

#23 akbar

akbar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:59

Just stop teasing me and let's get serious!

My STAMP (Standing Tall Against Mean People) skill level is 1337 and I have the power to report anybody who torments me.

But, But. . .You can't back it up with hard data! Why would anyone bother listening to someone who doesn't have the data to support their idea? Figure it out in a spreadsheet or table, then repost the data with your idea. That has been suggested, but you are making unfounded claims based on your best guess. That holds no water with anyone in a data driven environment.

Teasing? Don't think of it as teasing. Teasing implies fun at some level. Use a harsher word, it'll be closer to the truth. "Ridicule" is good. "Derision" also works.

I happen to be one of the meanest people I know. I don't even like myself, let alone everyone else, so why should you be any different? Anachronistic typing skills make you sound even more juvenile, as does your net-speak.

Reporting is all well and good. Please, report us all for "tormenting" you. Just keep in mind most of those that do so do so only after repeated attempts to get you to use the brain that you have seemingly misplaced.

Hero to benjirocks, what else matters?

#24 dyscord

dyscord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 23:47

Just a fair warning...this kitteh nuisance is only 16...or so they say. We all know men's brains don't develope untill they're 30, so we can't expect much from him.

Geek for life...yo

#25 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 23:57

Just a fair warning...this kitteh nuisance is only 16...or so they say. We all know men's brains don't develope untill they're 30, so we can't expect much from him.

hey akbar, know what she just said about you? you're almost intelligent :P

edit: crap, i'm apparently an idiot by that same token :evil:

meh, i'll get there

Quit your whining, I'm mining

https://drive.google...eVU&usp=sharing

#26 gothador_kitteh666

gothador_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:12

I am going to take away the "no" from poll. Just kidding. :P

And I think Gothador could use some new looks.

#27 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 22:18

I am going to take away the "no" from poll. Just kidding. :P

And I think Gothador could use some new looks.

Gothador looks just fine if your tired of how it looks support the game all you want to do is run your mouth and get rewarded for free. While the rest of us pay for a game you enjoy . So bugger off .

#28 marjin

marjin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 20:05

I think Kitteh666 has a good point.
Have you ever been hunting across Gothador just before a Dark Cloud and just after? Seen any difference in the amount of tier-0 players as you jump around?
Have you ever heard DC hunters complain about the difficulty to find killable prey?

I have a suggestion for a solution:

Give every player a new attribute: Active or Non-Active, Like there is Supporter or Non-Supporter.
Rules:
1. Every Supporter is Active.
2. A Non-supporter who does not spend at least 1 AP in 4 weeks becomes Non-Active.
3. Only Active players have newby protection.
4. Only Active players are visible in safe havens like Havengates, Hellgates, Forests and so on.
5. A Non-Active player who logs in and uses an AP becomes Active again.
6. Summons of Non-Active players become invisible in Creature Pits and Cult Squares.

As a bonus:
7. In the "view top-rated" screens there should be a choice between "see all players" (like it is now) or "see only Active Players".

For the influence on the server load it's up to the cows to decide what is cheaper:
Leave things as it is, or spend some money on a competent programmer now and save money in the long run.

#29 OnionGroove

OnionGroove

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:50

If this was such a big deal, if it was taxing on Gothador's servers, HCS would have done something about it long before now.

Considering the things that really need to be taken care of in this game, low-level naked Humans littering Goth realm is a non-issue.

"In the end, you will always kneel."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

#30 gothador_kitteh666

gothador_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:38

Maybe HCS should make a new realm where inactive players are sent to the realm. That way, players who was inactive logged in to find out they're in different realm. They should receive a message to inform they have been sent. The new realm should be 25x25 with a capacity of 25 ppl per square and each square has stairs that leads into Gothador (-1,1) where players can move back inside Gothador.

#31 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 19:06

if im voting for anything , i vote for POONTANG

Can you drink it?, does it intoxicate? If so, im with you.
Oh yes, and is it cheap and you dont go blind?

#32 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:52

if im voting for anything , i vote for POONTANG

Can you drink it?, does it intoxicate? If so, im with you.
Oh yes, and is it cheap and you dont go blind?

poontang and moonshine lol i guess they are the same :lol:

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#33 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 21:44

you guys are nuts

#34 gothador_kitteh666

gothador_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:50

I want Gothador to be cleaner. I have an idea: Take away the account creation. Problem solved.

#35 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:50

how about you start by getting your nasty litterbox changed out?

#36 gothador_mortll

gothador_mortll
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:26

he wants gothador to be cleaner and smaller delete your own character or better yet beg hcs to do it one less piece of trash for the rest of us to kick around .

#37 gothador_vickieverki

gothador_vickieverki
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:37

maybe kitteh is hoof in disguise? 8)

#38 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts