• 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 19:07

Yes.
Yes.
No.
:)

From your answers here I can conclude that if I was wearing all crystaline gear there would be no need to use ub at all because it wouldnt affect my dmg rate?

If thats true its a bit rediculous if you ask me. If you arent using ub then you should do damage as normal. you should change it so the min is .25 percent chance to do dmg, not a flat rate of .25 percent.

I think his answers can have us safely conclude it's not situation 3.
But somehow Hoof misunderstood what either situation 1 or 2 meant, and that they are mutual exclusive (meaning the answers can't be both yes). :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#22 stabbyteet

stabbyteet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 August 2012 - 19:12

thanks, Savanc

#23 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:25

Something might still be skwiffy as with 693 kills, the worn crystallines lost 12 - 23 in durability (with UB210 running)

#24 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:45

Vetlets 693 kills in greater details :-

Volkers Gauntlets : 32 to 17 (down 15)
Volkers Amulet : 36 to 13 (down 23)
Elaborate crystal breastplate : 146 to 134 (down 12)
Crystal pyramid rune : 146 to 131 (down 15)
Sludge spine boots : 78 to 65 (down 13)
Sludge spine shield : 63 to 48 (down 15).

(with a distilled UB 200)

Now, to me, 0.5% chance of taking damage says 1 point / 200 hits / piece ?

So, overall, should have taken, 3.465 (so, say 4) damage per piece, for an overall total of around 21 points (not necessarily evenly split amongst the pieces of course).

So, to take 93 damage, says that the break rate is currently running at over 2% ?? - so doubled, rather than quartered ?

(Before anyone asks, yes, her hunt was AFTER the change was implemented) :)

Can you check it out please Hoof ? (or am I missing something glaringly obvious?)

#25 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:49

Something might still be skwiffy as with 693 kills, the worn crystallines lost 12 - 23 in durability (with UB210 running)

So, overall, should have taken, 3.465 (so, say 4) damage per piece, for an overall total of around 21 points (not necessarily evenly split amongst the pieces of course).

So, to take 93 damage, says that the break rate is currently running at over 2% ?? - so doubled, rather than quartered ?

Can you check it out please Hoof ? (or am I missing something glaringly obvious?)

It's actually changed to a 0.25% chance; not 0.5%.

But that would make this even more unlikely. Chances of this happening are really really small if it's a 0.25% chance.
Maybe there was a little coding error or something and it's now a 2.5% chance. Then items would get around 17 durability points lost on 693 hits... :shock:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#26 fs_ordermaker

fs_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:50

As vetlet pointed out, there is still something very wrong with the coding of this patch. As far as I can read and interpret that newly changed part, I would say that there is a MINIMAL chance of 0.25 but that this can be higher (see results vetlet). This just re-inforces my point of yesterday: either change it back to what it used to be (no durability loss with UB200 or more) or test it prior and tell people definitely what the loss actually will be. Roughly speaking, vetlet 's loss rate was about 2%. Definitely not 0.25%.
Sorry, but I have already made up my mind to stop using crystaline gear. It's not worth the headache trying to keep up with every new, and sadly, badly implemented patch.

#27 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:50

It's actually a 0.25% chance; not 0.5%.

But that would make this even more unlikely. Chances of this happening are really really small if it's a 0.25% chance.
Maybe there was a little coding error or something and it's now a 2.5% chance. Then items would get around 17 durability points lost on 693 hits... :shock:

I knew I should recheck things before posting - but that's the problem with just getting up and coming straight online LOL. Yeah, so damage should have been 10 points or so in total, and not 93. Definately a typo / error somewhere :) (and not, this time, from me :))

#28 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 21:03

From Pardoux's signature:

The moral of the story is PLEASE, test and retest, before IMPLEMENTING

#29 Sepisimus

Sepisimus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 21:44

I just finished my hunt with 722 kills and UNB 200. I would expect each crystalline item to be worn down by around 2 durability points. This is what I got:
Celestial Chomper Starlight Gloves 149 -> 132, Celestial Chomper Starlight Ring 149 -> 133, Solar Chomper Scale Mail 91 -> 69, Solar Chomper Scale Boots 108 -> 90. This is 18.25 per item or 2.53% probability of damage per kill. I'm so annoyed!

#30 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 21:51

I just finished my hunt with 722 kills and UNB 200. I would expect each crystalline item to be worn down by around 2 durability points. This is what I got:
Celestial Chomper Starlight Gloves 149 -> 132, Celestial Chomper Starlight Ring 149 -> 133, Solar Chomper Scale Mail 91 -> 69, Solar Chomper Scale Boots 108 -> 90. This is 18.25 per item or 2.53% probability of damage per kill. I'm so annoyed!

2.5% seems to agree with our guildies findings too - oh, how a misplaced decimal point can alter things ;)

#31 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 21:51

I've spoken to a few people who have hunted with crystalline after the latest update (which should make it a 0.25% minimum chance).

All of these players seem to experience a 2.5% minimum chance instead.

For example:

I started with four pieces of crystal with the following durabilitys out of 160: 128,121,144,143 . Start Kill Streak: 1,218
I finished my hunt with the following durabilitys on the same four pieces : 104,100,111,113
End Kill Streak: 2,319
So in 1101 kills (1hitting all the time apart from a 2%) I lost 108 points of durability, on average 27 points per item.

2.5% seems to agree with our guildies findings too - oh, how a misplaced decimal point can alter things ;)

Probably a missing 0. After all it's the difference between 0.0025 and 0.025. :wink:

Prophet    
Warrior  

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2012 - 22:33

I've spoken to a few people who have hunted with crystalline after the latest update (which should make it a 0.25% minimum chance).

All of these players seem to experience a 2.5% minimum chance instead.

For example:

I started with four pieces of crystal with the following durabilitys out of 160: 128,121,144,143 . Start Kill Streak: 1,218
I finished my hunt with the following durabilitys on the same four pieces : 104,100,111,113
End Kill Streak: 2,319
So in 1101 kills (1hitting all the time apart from a 2%) I lost 108 points of durability, on average 27 points per item.

Probably a missing 0. After all it's the difference between 0.0025 and 0.025. :wink:

:oops:

Fixed :)

#33 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 22:49

Thanks Hoof! :wink:

Prophet    
Warrior  

#34 wayoun

wayoun

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:11

woot! maybe I can hunt tonight after all and not smash my crystal too much :mrgreen:

#35 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:01

A wee bit "frustrated" and not going to put in too much time (imagine if I did... yep, that's a warning ,oP). I have read next-to-zero of all these posts (considering) and am just going to put in my two cents. I'm pretty sure that all of what I say will have been said.

Crystalline was created for a reason.

UB making it "invincible" was argued against and then ignored. That is NOT AT ALL a shot against HCS.

Now, the Loyalty pot is pro donations and hence pro game as it helps financing HCS and thus all players.

The Potion of Resilience is a Scavenging Caves drop and a gold sink.... well.. so I believe. It's also theoretically good income for HCS... via FSP... of course, that's highly debatable.

Starting from the original idea... I believe Crystalline should break... period.

HOWEVER, so many levels were developed to one-hit based on this invincible idea that, I believe, it changes game mechanics.

At the current point, my not-very-well-thought-out suggestion would be to create Legendary Creatures that drop similar items that "could" replace the Crystalline.... at or near the same level. Of course, I'm mostly thinking hunting stuff here... but hey... gotta start with what the tyrants of FS (levelers) are interested in.

Why?

1. This would serve to allow Guilds that level to replace items they thought their members could pay to uphold.

2. It would create a huge FS event. I'm talking about doing an LE creature event old style... with them actually in the realms. I think it should be a week or two (okay, two might be exaggerated... just thinking of that awful Lag creature).

3. Replacement items would be similar and thus worthwhile to forge or whatever BS.

4. Crystalline would return to it's original idea (think based on random perhaps uninformed comments that 1% is acceptable). Obviously, my calcs are based on only one scenario... but a level +900 guildie of mine said he lost 7 durability with his 200+ UB (prior to the reduction of possible damage stat). I told him... do your calc for 22+ hunts which was 7 levels on 20k stam and make your own decision. In that case it might have been more profitable to buy and lose the items without buying the pots necessary to up UB to above 200.

5. An initial LE event might help to soften the reaction to the change if items are, more or less, interchangeable. I'm talking the old-style LE event... and I'm going to say again here... that FS has lost a lot by not having these at least "once in awhile"... Quests do not replace them. That said... I really like the gold sink idea by putting them in the caves... but... I think a balance needs to be achieved. I would say roll through LEs once a week or two weeks on the weekends and something like a once a month rotation on LEs in the game.

Regardless, the idea here on the "LE event" is to give Guilds a chance to replace. Since Volkers I know is gloves and amulet then a permanent item (perhaps with a lower drop rate) that are the same items (glove and amulet with "similar" stats). After that... those creatures could be confined to the Caves (and hence gold sink) for a "long time".

Finally: The idea would be... make the UB a 1% chance... make clear how that relates to buffs and pots clearly so people can make their decisions... Leave it at breakage to actually comply with the original idea (sorry hoof... you took the heat on the 200... I think you were wrong... which is to say, right on player satisfaction at the time and some HCS profit (which I reiterate I feel is positive for the game)... but wrong, completely, on the ideology behind Crystalline... profit and player satisfaction excluded under those specific circumstances.

My gut feeling is that if HCS implements an LE event it will 1. distract player discontent and 2. offer a reasonable alternative for readjustment.

Guilds will end up happy that they can farm and take care of their players with the readjustment.

Chomper events can begin to happen again and players will up bp spaces and, especially, individual players will adjust their setups (ex-Guild tagged items) to use something that's good for them.

If the LE replacement items are then relegated after the first event to the random cave setup... then gold sink on getting permanent items will continue.

Chomper items won't flood "as much"... I don't know... Again... I said, it's just my two cents, lol....

#36 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:29

short report from guildee hunting after this latest correction: 1050 kills. 5 out of 9 pieces were crysts. they took 2-3 dura hit each. Ub219 was running. That means they last 70 hunts. *shrugs*

#37 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 13:16

short report from guildee hunting after this latest correction: 1050 kills. 5 out of 9 pieces were crysts. they took 2-3 dura hit each. Ub219 was running. That means they last 70 hunts. *shrugs*

2-3 hits per item in 1050 kills means the items took a durability loss between 0.19% and 0.29% of the time. So it seems that the fix that HCS made last night (after they were made aware that it was set at 2.5% accidentally) was successful. 8)

Based on that info you just gave: 1050 kills probably means he got somewhere around 10 levels (a bit less if he used Doubler 750; a bit more if he used Doubler 1200). With 2-3 durability losses per item each hunt, his crystalline will on average break after 533-800 levels.

Seems like crystalline will break after extensive use, but not at such a high speed that forging it becomes a waste of gold and FSPs.

Prophet    
Warrior  

#38 fs_johe71

fs_johe71
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:06

With 2-3 durability losses per item each hunt, his crystalline will on average break after 533-800 levels.

so with 0.25% the cows can hold regular spine events.... like once every two years :roll: sounds like a good rate... or not

so if we want more regular spine events i like the sound of one of the propostion in the other thread better (someting like keep it at 1% but up the durability of non-spine items.... with 1%, giving non-spine items 4x durability they will have the same lifespan as with 0.25%... but spine items will be gone faster - leaving us with more spine events)

#39 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:38

With 2-3 durability losses per item each hunt, his crystalline will on average break after 533-800 levels.

so with 0.25% the cows can hold regular spine events.... like once every two years :roll: sounds like a good rate... or not

Don't shoot the messenger. :wink: I'm only saying how long the crystalline items will last right now without giving much of an opinion about whether I think it's right or wrong.

A 533-800 level lifespan is longer than what most players would use the items for.
For example Volkers is quite useful for 240-390 levels (from level 710 to 949/1099 - depending on the setup you prefer for level 950+) so one Volkers set could last 2 hunters.
The Dusk set is quite useful between 575-709 (135 levels) so it can last around 4-6 hunters.
The Celestial set is quite useful from 1100-1500+ (probably longer than those 400 levels) so it can last 1-2 hunters.

Players will probably be selling items that have their durability reduced after they are done with levelling with them (probably at a lower price than crystallines with full durability).
Maybe the lower breaking rate is not breaking crystallines fast so less needs to be replaced. On the other hand players will likely continue to use crystallines (and forge them) as they can still afford to do that (which might be less the case if crystallines broke at faster rates).

Prophet    
Warrior  

#40 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:19

I hunted today: 5 crystalline pieces, all starting at 160 durability.
After 666 (exactly) fights, the durability is 160, 159, 158, 159, 156

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: